Welcome to Gaia! ::

Abe' City

Abraham city is known as a city of 'New Beginnings'. It was a city that breeds some of America's finest people, one of which came to the city as it's savior. During a time of crisis, lawlessness, Police armed with non-deadly weapons, the number of criminals increasing, and fear a man came as a light in the cities darkness. His actions not only stopped the cities crime, but made the city able to flourish.

People from all over the world came to see the world’s first superhero, and he was known by many names; "the Peoples Savior", “Abraham's hound “, "the black star", and simply "Hero". However, the people knew his true name, His own Alias, "Creed". Creed gave the city of New beginnings what was rightfully theirs. A Good Beginning...

Until April 14 2065, Creeds Assassination. Don Quinn Jamison, A.K.A. “Creed”, was found dead on Good Friday. Autopsy shows that cause of death was from a gunshot wound to the head.

12 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 28 seconds before Creeds death, the city started production for a statue dedicated to Creed ( of which after his death, became his memorial). At this time is when our story beings with a close friend to Don Jamison, a one Benjamin Linden Barber. After Don’s death Benjamin is known as the top suspect to the murder case. Truth be told, Don’s real killer is also after Benjamin too.

As it turns out Benjamin has a unique gift, of which for a time was only known to him and Don. Benjamin has the ability to give certain people super powers, at inimitable spontaneous times. With the Cities hero soon departure, Benjamin finds that he will become a target of many. In these constant attempts to find his friend’s killer, trying to avoid an unnamed group of authority in grey suits, the influx of new powers given to various people, trying to clean his own false accusations of the crime, and keeping his own power secret, he will learn that help will be needed from an unlikely source.

You…

(( in this role playing game, You are going to find out how well you are with rping a power that is not of your own choosing. Like most heroes, their own power is unexpected, and yet ironically fitting to their own situation and personality. This Role playing game takes place in Usa, in a new city named Abraham City in the year 2065, (66 years from 2009), there are new advancements in technology, but not major changes. How would you react when you would be endowed with a superpower? Would you turn to crime, and use your power to benefit you? would you spend your days trying to save people's lives? what path would be yours?

You will be required to write a bio to me, were I will pick a power I find suitable for you. This Rp is to test to see how well you can use a power that you didn’t pick, and allows you to see yourself grow with a power that you might not have expected to have.))
No txt language.

No God mode or Auto hitting.

Literate people tend to last longer (if need be use micro soft word before posting.) .
Don’t argue with the Staff. Their word is law. This also means that staff can change rules to for better role playing experience for everyone. This of course will be voted, or judged by owners of the rp

You cant kill someone without their permission.

We don’t care if you swear as long as you keep it under control.

No page stretching unless it’s a really good mini story you wrote. If we see fit to delete you post, we will notify you, so you can save your work alloying you to shorten it, then we will delete the post.

Each account is only allowed three characters, not including npc's.

Romance is fine but no cybering. Thats just pathatic and wrong for so many reasons and will not happen in the rp. I dont even want pretened nudity either.

We expect there to be a bare minimum of three line posts, unless you have writer block.

Use double brackets (( )) in Out Of Character speech and don’t use ** to point out actions, unless your in ooc.

Third person to is expected, and you should use quotation marks to speak ( “ “ ). Meaning, role play like our writing a book.
Example [ The bartender watched as the pale skin, black dressed, vampire look alike, walked up and planted himself on a bar stool. The bartender joking said “Sorry Sir, all out of ‘bloody Mary’. She just left.”] (please excuse my bad humor)
Trolls, spammers, bumpers or advertisers will be hunted, tortured, shot, eaten, and/or vaporized with extreme prejudice.

Title the profiles pm’s with ‘pop’ to prove you’ve glanced through the rules.

Characters MUST be accepted.
Rules of Character acceptation are as follows::
1. Your bio needs to be lengthy. At least seem like you have put time, thought, and effort into it. With a lengthy bio, i am able to give you a better, more fitting power.
2. We Love power struggles. It shows that you have an obstacle to overcome, and are willing to put strategy in your fights, in order to win them. This thickens storylines and makes characters more interesting.
4. Try to have your character follow the storyline. This would make a reason on why your character is there in the first place, and would work along with the rp.
5. Also try and have your power and history to relate to the story.
6. Lastly, be creative. We love to read whatever you can think up.

Failure to abide by the rules of the rp will result in banning.
Character's bio's.

You must submit a bio to me before joining. please read rules, and what is said in this link below.

Abe' city character
Benjamin had found a seat on a fountain in Marry Todd park, long before the crowd showed up. Across a large circular brick laid walkway, large enough for a large crowd of people to gather on, was a group of people setting up a stand, with a microphone. About that time was when people began to show up. Behind that stand, was a very tall item, 19 feet tall to be precise, with a large golden sheet covering all sides of it. People knew to arrive at this Spot in Marry Todd park for a whole two weeks, and now they did so after a long wait.
In a black limo approached the Mayor of this great city, Robert O’ Neal. People cheered for the limo as it approached and cheered even louder when the man stepped out. Benjamin quickly stood up on the elevated edge of the fountain and begun to take pictures. It made him smile wide as he noticed that the mayor wasn’t guarded by only two people. Benjamin knew his friend Creed has all the protection the Mayor would need. He thought to himself ‘it really does feel nice to walk the streets calmly again.’
The mayor approached the podium, and begun his speech with “Please people! Don’t cheer for me, Cheer for our ‘Hero!’ Creed!” This time the people cheered louder than they physically could have. Creed of course, Benjamin thought, could still hear their cheers even though know he wasnt here to witness this. The first showing of the statue, dedicated to him…
Benjamin looked at his watch, right before the Mayor, himself, pulled off the cover to the 19 foot tall statue.
(April 2nd 2065, 3:33:00. The exactly time the world saw the Everlasting statue dedicated to the world’s first superhero. Exactly 12 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 28 seconds before Creeds death.)
After the speech, Benjamin decided to sit on the fountain a little longer until the crowd thinned out. He sat there with one eye shut, due to the sun in his eye, smiling at the statue. Perhaps Benjamin is too paranoid about giving people powers. ‘look at what he did for this world’ Benjamin thought. ‘ look at what he still does.’
(finnaly it starts!)

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Akai sat in what he was hoping was an old shady bar but the celebrations on the T.V created a celebration in the bar. All around people were dancing and drinking, collapsing to the ground because of the imence laghter. Akai seemed a little out of place. a smile graced his lips as he watched the celebration. At least one city had the right way of looking at things.

Akai Left the bar and the streets were prety much the same. the same live footage was being shown on the gigantic Tv on the side of the building, people stoped in the middle of the streets to watch. Cars didnt even care, it was like the whole City to a day of to wittness a piece of history.

Akai walked on down the street with his hands in his pockets thinking to himself huh, Abes not how i pictured it. not today anyway. this Creed guy is definatly some kind of phenomenon. Akai made his way to the park to see if he could catch a better glips of what was going on, i doubt hed be able to see anything but just being there would be an experiance.
Jin_of_the_thunder
Akai sat in what he was hoping was an old shady bar but the celebrations on the T.V created a celebration in the bar. All around people were dancing and drinking, collapsing to the ground because of the imence laghter. Akai seemed a little out of place. a smile graced his lips as he watched the celebration. At least one city had the right way of looking at things.

Akai Left the bar and the streets were prety much the same. the same live footage was being shown on the gigantic Tv on the side of the building, people stoped in the middle of the streets to watch. Cars didnt even care, it was like the whole City to a day of to wittness a piece of history.

Akai walked on down the street with his hands in his pockets thinking to himself huh, Abes not how i pictured it. not today anyway. this Creed guy is definatly some kind of phenomenon. Akai made his way to the park to see if he could catch a better glips of what was going on, i doubt hed be able to see anything but just being there would be an experiance.

(( fyi, anyone who reads this. Creeds actions, voice, and thoughts will be in Bold when i play as him.))

Creed watched through his binoculars with a straight face. He crowds voice echoed in the dead end, alleyway he was in. Creed laid flat, as to hide himself, at the top of a fire escape attracted to an antique store building. It was about 5 stories tall, and he felt that is was a lovely place to stay and be overlooked. He didnt want the crowd to see him and move to wear he was. Even though he was 'surveying' the crowd for anyone hostile, he still couldnt help but watch the Mayor, Robert O' Neal, reveal the statue. 'Hell... i guess i cant resist...' he thought to himself. Creed thought of many things hiding. 'I wounder how tall it really is? whats it made out of? I wounder if they have me helmet on or off? I wounder if they purposefully wanted to show it the day AFTER April fools day.' Creed felt a little bad from being distracted, but still he saw his own statue. It looked like it was made from stone. His helmet was in his right arm, on his side. The other arm laid flat against his side. They darkened his eyes, just like how Creed did to hide his identity. He stood straight up, and the ironic part was that his head was leveled just right to where it looked like it staired right at the real Creed. He let out a laugh that wouldnt be able to be heard by anyone due to the cheer made by the people.
Creed, was satisfied, to say the least. " only if you were here Ellie..." He smiled and stood up. He quicky went down to the bottom of the fire escape. He rolled his motorcycle out from behind the dumpster. He mounted the bike, and put his helmet with the black star on it. He raved his engine and slowly pulled out of the alley way. To his right was a man watching the event take place. His stomach sank as he thought he recognized the man. He took of down the street and side walk with less people on it. Going right past the man who looked like Akai. Creed thought to himself. ' I still have that guys dog tags. I wounder if the English found out he wasnt dead?' He drove on through the streets to see if and crime was going on.

Dapper Conversationalist

Helena groaned. The sunlight falling through her window landed on her face, and she rolled over in a vain attempt to go back to sleep, mumbling something incoherent into her tattered pillow. She reached for the blanket to pull it over her head, but instead her hand met something... slimy?
"You little brats!" she roared cheerfully, leaping out of bed like a wave crashing and running after the seven giggling children with the frog in her hand. "What d'you think you're doing, putting frogs in my bed? You think you can get away with this?"
She chased all of them into the room that served as a kitchen, up the narrow, iron stairs and out onto the roof. With another playful roar she dropped the frog and grabbed a small child in each arm, spinning around with one over each shoulder. "You'll pay for... this..." she trailed off in wonder as she looked out across the city to the gigantic statue that was being unveiled in the park. She set the two down as the other children crowded around her.
"Isn't it cool?"
"It's Creed, look, now we can see him out our window!"
"I wanna be just like Hero when I grow up, and they'll put up a statue of me, too!"
Helena shushed them with a wave of her hands, still staring out at the statue. The eight of them stood in reverent silence for a moment.
"Lunch! Now or you don't get any!" Liza called up the stairs, and the children suddenly rushed off down the stairs in a mob, leaving Helena still standing on the roof.
"Hey, look who finally got up," Liza said, coming up the stairs and going to stand by Helena. She looked out to the statue as well, wiping her hands with a cloth. "It's beautiful, isn't it? We get a great view from here." The two stood for a moment, then Liza shrugged almost imperceptibly. "Well, whenever you want to come down, you can have what's left of lunch. I'll try to save you something." She moved towards the stairs, looking strangely forlorn.
"Liza," Helena said suddenly, spinning around and grabbing the other woman by the shoulder. "Liza, that's what I want to do. I want to save people, I want to take down criminals and, and... I want to be a hero." She had a pleading look on her face as she searched Liza's eyes for a moment, and then Liza smiled.
"Do it, then. You know we'll always be behind you, no matter what." She leaned over and kissed Helena on the cheek, then stepped back and smiled. "No matter what."
Helena grinned back, stepping forward to press her forehead to Liza's for a moment, then she ran down the stairs, scattering children as she made for the door and leaving Liza on the rooftop, looking out towards her Hero.

((Oh, God, I practically wrote a book... Sorry.))

Dapper Conversationalist

Helena arrived in the park amid the tumultuous celebrations. People were screaming and dancing, children were running around, and one man (he looked a little unstable) was standing on top of a fountain, waving his arms and shouting.
"Now I dunno if I can take all this," she muttered. "Being a hero and all this publicity. Maybe I could be a villain. An antihero, yeah..." she said quietly to herself. No one noticed one girl talking under her breath out of all the people talking and laughing. The crowd was giving her a headache, so she moved to a quieter part of the park, where a few trees shaded a quiet fountain. She saw too late that there was already a man sitting on the edge of it, and kept herself, with difficulty, from turning around and walking another direction. There were still a few revelers around, but it was quiet and dark enough that she could sit on the opposite side of the fountain from the man and in the shade of the trees and pretend she was the only person in the whole park. Well, maybe not the only person. She glanced over her shoulder every once in a while at the statue as she thought.

((That... made even less sense.))
The Amethyst Riddle
Helena arrived in the park amid the tumultuous celebrations. People were screaming and dancing, children were running around, and one man (he looked a little unstable) was standing on top of a fountain, waving his arms and shouting.
"Now I dunno if I can take all this," she muttered. "Being a hero and all this publicity. Maybe I could be a villain. An antihero, yeah..." she said quietly to herself. No one noticed one girl talking under her breath out of all the people talking and laughing. The crowd was giving her a headache, so she moved to a quieter part of the park, where a few trees shaded a quiet fountain. She saw too late that there was already a man sitting on the edge of it, and kept herself, with difficulty, from turning around and walking another direction. There were still a few revelers around, but it was quiet and dark enough that she could sit on the opposite side of the fountain from the man and in the shade of the trees and pretend she was the only person in the whole park. Well, maybe not the only person. She glanced over her shoulder every once in a while at the statue as she thought.

As the crowd thinned out of the park, and the cleaners swiping up the area. Benjamin stood up now, and stretched out letting the camera hang from his neck. The strap on for the camera was made out of the ‘Do not cross this line’ tape , and shined off the back of his neck. The sun now was behind Benjamin, and caused his shadow to stretch all the way to the foot of the statue. He began to skim through his pictures he took with his Nikon D 120, deleting some of the ones along the way. He happened to noticed something odd when going through the photos. There was a man under a tree to the right of the statue. The man did not move from that spot, which wasn’t that odd seeing how no one with half a mind would lose their spot in shade. What was odd was that he seemed to be starring at Benjamin. He looked through all his photos and there he was. Picture of the mayor approaching the podium all the way to the revealing of the statue. The man never moved his head. That was when Benjamin looked up at saw the man standing there, but he quickly walked away. The man was wore a grey suit. Feeling a little freaked out, he felt like he would finish with the photos later. Walking in the opposite direction of the Grey man, Benjamin circled around the Fountain. Turning his head back to see if the man followed him, he couldn’t help but notice the beautiful scenery. There sat a young women with her head turned to the statue. Her blonde hair shined as bright as the sun reflecting off of it. A sky blue waterfall shooting out of the top of the fountain, domed the inner décor of the fountains hose. Behind them stood the Creed’s statue, looking perfectly white, and untouched. Behind the statue was the City’s landscape, and black clouds sounding the city. Benjamin thought, “a storm is coming, but Creed will be the one to stand in its way.”
Benjamin snapped a photo of this event, to save it forever. He brought his camera down to his chest, and looked at the photo with a smile. Feeling like he would need more, he raised the camera to his eye. Through the lenses he saw the women looking at him. “OH!” he said in this awkward moment, and lowered the camera. “Hello miss… Pardon me ahhh… You see I work with the WeeklyWriter, and im here taking pictures of the statue. You might have heard of me, Im the one who takes pictures of Creed… The real Creed that is.” He laughed once and walk up to her to shake her hand. “ Hi, Im Benjamin Barber.”

Dapper Conversationalist

Edwin Sneed
The Amethyst Riddle

As the crowd thinned out of the park, and the cleaners swiping up the area. Benjamin stood up now, and stretched out letting the camera hang from his neck. The strap on for the camera was made out of the ‘Do not cross this line’ tape , and shined off the back of his neck. The sun now was behind Benjamin, and caused his shadow to stretch all the way to the foot of the statue. He began to skim through his pictures he took with his Nikon D 120, deleting some of the ones along the way. He happened to noticed something odd when going through the photos. There was a man under a tree to the right of the statue. The man did not move from that spot, which wasn’t that odd seeing how no one with half a mind would lose their spot in shade. What was odd was that he seemed to be starring at Benjamin. He looked through all his photos and there he was. Picture of the mayor approaching the podium all the way to the revealing of the statue. The man never moved his head. That was when Benjamin looked up at saw the man standing there, but he quickly walked away. The man was wore a grey suit. Feeling a little freaked out, he felt like he would finish with the photos later. Walking in the opposite direction of the Grey man, Benjamin circled around the Fountain. Turning his head back to see if the man followed him, he couldn’t help but notice the beautiful scenery. There sat a young women with her head turned to the statue. Her blonde hair shined as bright as the sun reflecting off of it. A sky blue waterfall shooting out of the top of the fountain, domed the inner décor of the fountains hose. Behind them stood the Creed’s statue, looking perfectly white, and untouched. Behind the statue was the City’s landscape, and black clouds sounding the city. Benjamin thought, “a storm is coming, but Creed will be the one to stand in its way.”
Benjamin snapped a photo of this event, to save it forever. He brought his camera down to his chest, and looked at the photo with a smile. Feeling like he would need more, he raised the camera to his eye. Through the lenses he saw the women looking at him. “OH!” he said in this awkward moment, and lowered the camera. “Hello miss… Pardon me ahhh… You see I work with the WeeklyWriter, and im here taking pictures of the statue. You might have heard of me, Im the one who takes pictures of Creed… The real Creed that is.” He laughed once and walk up to her to shake her hand. “ Hi, Im Benjamin Barber.”

Helena jumped when the man spoke to her. She honestly hadn't noticed him, except in the vague sort of way that meant she had been staring at him. He was fairly good-looking and had a camera around his neck. Although he said he was with the Weekly, he looked more like a freelancer with the improvised camera strap. "Hi," she replied, standing and shaking his hand. "My name's Helena." She looked around quickly, realizing suddenly that it had gotten late while she had been daydreaming. She also noticed with a sudden start the man in gray standing in the shade of the tree. She gasped quietly and took a step back, away from both Benjamin and the man. "I, uh, didn't realize it was so late, so, uh, I guess I ought to go," she stuttered, backing away a few more steps and then turning around before stopping in her tracks and turning back around slowly. "Actually... I think I might hang around for a while. If I won't be in your way?" She grimaced apologetically, walking back towards him and standing so that he was in between her and the gray-suited man. "So you're taking pictures of the statue?" She asked, making a half-hearted attempt at starting a conversation.
The Amethyst Riddle
Edwin Sneed
The Amethyst Riddle

Helena jumped when the man spoke to her. She honestly hadn't noticed him, except in the vague sort of way that meant she had been staring at him. He was fairly good-looking and had a camera around his neck. Although he said he was with the Weekly, he looked more like a freelancer with the improvised camera strap. "Hi," she replied, standing and shaking his hand. "My name's Helena." She looked around quickly, realizing suddenly that it had gotten late while she had been daydreaming. She also noticed with a sudden start the man in gray standing in the shade of the tree. She gasped quietly and took a step back, away from both Benjamin and the man. "I, uh, didn't realize it was so late, so, uh, I guess I ought to go," she stuttered, backing away a few more steps and then turning around before stopping in her tracks and turning back around slowly. "Actually... I think I might hang around for a while. If I won't be in your way?" She grimaced apologetically, walking back towards him and standing so that he was in between her and the gray-suited man. "So you're taking pictures of the statue?" She asked, making a half-hearted attempt at starting a conversation.

Benjamin looked behind him and Saw the Grey man was walking over. He looked at the girl with fear in her eyes, even though she tried to hide it. Benjamin's first thought was Angry Father, to old for a boyfriend, but it might be more then he thought. He knew that she needed to get away. Benjamin was no hero, but perhaps he could buy her time. "Yeah... just taken pictures of the statue... they got pretty clos to the real guy...You wouldnt mind accompanying me through the park would you?" He nodded his head back to where the Grey Man was, signaling that he knew the man was coming. He gave her a Hurried smile and began walking a trail through the park. "I grow up hear and know this city like the back of my hand. I know of a really great coffee shop you might be interested in."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff