YDA has nothing snazzy to say.

She's sleepy. 0.67889908256881 67.9% [ 74 ]
Pollwhore will still get their spot though. 0.32110091743119 32.1% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]

Shy Giver

Lindori
~♪♫♪♬♪

Good news!
After a gajillion years I finally learned how to use Photoshop's pen tool for digitally inking art. It's about time, lol.

Theo was my guinea pig, as always:

User Image

♪♫♪♬♪~
I assume you did his markings? Very nice! biggrin

Shy Giver

Christmas White Elephant Cataphant!

Win random stuff by taking turns rolling dice, even a User Image Toxic Kitten! But you've got to fight for it and bring a gift! There's over 500k worth in gifts to go around so far (more will be added depending on the number of participants.
All gifts will vary from 1k to the 200k of the Toxic Kitten. What will you walk away with?

How to play (in a nutshell):
-Take turns rolling dice.
-Get a pair.
-Grab a present.
-Rinse and repeat.

-White Cataphant is based on a gifting game I used to play at family reunions called White Elephant. Everyone would bring a wrapped gift to be put in a pile in the middle of a large circle of chairs. Cake pans with dice in them would be passed around the circle, and anyone that rolled a pair could go grab a present from the pile and stick it under your chair. You could even go steal stuff from other people! Whatever was under your chair at the end of the game, you got to go home with.
-White Cataphant has been adjusted to be played online using the dice generator and so that everyone walks away with at least 2 presents depending on the number of players, and it's proved to be a rather successful and interesting game. I've made a few tweaks to make it run a bit faster and make it harder to steal gifts from others (since it's still part of the fun).

Game will start early December once we get a decent amount of participants. Even if you come in too late, you can still join. Just read the rules and see how.
Don't get confused with all the words. It will make more sense once you get some hands-on experience. There's a link at the end of the instructions that leads to an example of the game.

In order to participate:
-First: Everyone that wants to participate must send a Gaian item worth at least 1,000 gold to Your_Destiny_Awaits via trade or gift. All gifts will be put into a pile with the random gifts that YDA has prepared. I will let you know if the gift you send does not qualify for the 1,000g minimum. But you can send one as expensive as you want (no limit!). You can give more than one if you want, but each still has to be over 1k.
In the trade, gift message, or PM, let me know what type of ribbon and paper you want to "wrap" it in. It can be as crazy as Penguins-sleding-on-blue-background paper and Skulls-on-black ribbon to a simpler Green paper with Red ribbon to try to make each gift unique. You cannot use a Paper and Ribbon combo that is already in the Presents list.

-Second: You need to be on Gaia often enough to play this game. By no means do you have to be on every day, but it's more fun if we can get through everyone and have multiple rounds instead of having to wait for a particular few to log on. I'll be PMing people as needed, but check in the thread every now and then, even if you're just lurking.
-Third: You cannot say what is in the gift you send me. Only I and the original owner of each gift will know the contents of each gift until they are unwrapped. All items YDA puts forth will be decided beforehand, and they won't change, but I've got to keep it a surprise somehow, so you just have to trust me. heart (And you can't grab the gift that you put in the pile. That's just silly.)
-Fourth: You can join while the game is running, but you'll still have to bring forth a gift!

How to play (Round 1):
-Everyone will take turns rolling dice. There is no set order, so when you show up it is your turn.
-Roll 5 6-sided dice and if you get a pair (2 matching numbers), you get to grab a gift from the pile and "put it under your chair" (which is me writing it under your name). Even if you get more than 2 matching numbers (like 2 pairs or 4 of a kind), you still only get one gift grab. If you don't get a pair, you "pass" the dice to the next person.
-To grab a gift, look over the list and post after your winning roll to say which one you want based on the Paper and Ribbon combo and/or gift number. i.e. "I want the #1 gift wrapped in Green paper and a Red ribbon."
-You cannot open your gift right after you get it!
-The next person to show up for their turn does the same thing and if they get a pair they can grab a gift from the pile, too.
-This goes until everyone has rolled the dice once, whether they grabbed a gift or not.

How to play (Round 2):
-Everyone gets another turn since it is a new round. The last person to roll in the previous round does not get an immediate new turn. They must wait until someone else rolls or at least 3 hours if no one pops in for their turn. First person to show for this round rolls the 5 6-sided dice again.
Again, a pair means you get to grab a gift from the pile. You still cannot open any gifts you grab from the initial pile under the tree. You use the same Paper & Ribbon combo or number format as stated above in your next post to grab a gift. But! If you roll 3 or more matching numbers, you can steal a gift from under someone else's chair and reveal what's inside (or leave it closed, up to you)! What you took from them is yours to keep, unless someone decides to take it from you!

-To steal from someone, just post after your winning roll again and say the Paper and Ribbon combo again and/or mention their name. i.e. "I want to take the gift wrapped in Green paper and a Red ribbon from Your_Destiny_Awaits." If you want to open it too, say so! i.e. "And I want to open it!" Otherwise, it'll be left wrapped if you don't say.
-If a gift is open and you want to steal, simply post after your winning roll and say "I want to take Your_Destiny_Awaits' [insert item]."
-So the only way to open a gift is if you steal it from under someone's chair!
-The dice is "passed" around like before, and everyone can steal from each other and open gifts or take from the pile and leave them closed based on the matching numbers that they roll.
-Even if a gift was taken from someone in the round already, you can still take it from the person that took it. A gift can only be "stolen" 3 times before it is (lol) soulbound to that last person. So make sure to steal your stuff back if you really want it!

How to play (Round 3+):
-We will just keep going in turns until there are no more gifts in the middle and either all the gifts have been taken 3 times or after x period of time (most likely 1 or 2 weeks after we start). Whichever comes first.
-Remember that you can choose to open stolen gifts or leave them closed.
-I will try to make sure that everyone walks away with something, so you should get at least 2k worth in items, but some are likely to get lots of presents over others. It's all a luck of the roll.
-But with that lots of presents in mind, the max you can have "under your chair" is x (a yet to be determined number). That's all that will fit. You'll have to hope someone steals a present from you if you want a different one.
-So that means you won't get to roll the dice if you have x presents under your chair. Once someone takes one from you, you can roll again on your next turn.
-If you have x gifts that have reached the max number of times they can be stolen, you are done in the game and those gifts are guaranteed to be yours when the event is over.
-If 24 hours go by since the last person rolled, and the remaining players haven't rolled yet, I'll PM them and they'll have another 24 hours to respond and roll. We won't wait longer than that and they will forfeit their turn(s) until the next round.
-Don't be afraid to ask questions! I know it's long and confusing, but I'll be there every step of the way to guide everyone through the game.

Here is a DEMONSTRATION of the game

Rainbow Grabber

8,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I wanna play!!

Shy Giver

maddyj1995
I wanna play!!
Got your trade for the game! heart

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Your_Destiny_Awaits
Lindori
~♪♫♪♬♪

Good news!
After a gajillion years I finally learned how to use Photoshop's pen tool for digitally inking art. It's about time, lol.

Theo was my guinea pig, as always:

(Pony)

♪♫♪♬♪~
I assume you did his markings? Very nice! biggrin
~♪♫♪♬♪

Well I did more than that. I didn't use General Zoi's pony maker at all (well I used it for some references). I did the whole thing by hand - drew, scanned, inked (finally figuring out the pen tool in Photoshop), colored. All of it. @_@

I'll probably attempt a second one in the near future. I just haven't decided on which character yet.

♪♫♪♬♪~

Cluttered Cat

Lindori
~♪♫♪♬♪

Well I did more than that. I didn't use General Zoi's pony maker at all (well I used it for some references). I did the whole thing by hand - drew, scanned, inked (finally figuring out the pen tool in Photoshop), colored. All of it. @_@

♪♫♪♬♪~
Even better! 4laugh

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~♪♫♪♬♪

3nodding I'm pleased with how he turned out.

♪♫♪♬♪~

Cluttered Cat

Sorry guys, been otherwise distracted. I was waiting to see, but yep, my WoW account was hacked on Thanksgiving (of all days). >.< I've at least got the account open again, but it looks like all my pretty tank gear is gone.

Got a notice that my account was closed on the 28th for selling items for real money. Submitted the ticket as they said to, and I've at least got it open to see what was up. I still have no idea if anything really IS missing. It looks like it since my bags are empty, and I always have s**t in my bags.
So lame that we can't see past sent mail to see if they transferred things over. Found the "hacker" character they used to put stuff in the auction house though since it was lvl 1 and standing in front of an auctioneer.

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~♪♫♪♬♪

I figured something was up, since your name doesn't show up on my friend's list anymore (I've logged on today after not playing in months).

You should be able to get all your stuff back though. Usually they just do a roll back and restore your things.

Today I gave the three new dungeons a try! I only got one piece of agility leather though - a belt for my kitty spec (plus bracers and a neck from the JP lady). But I got several caster pieces for my balance set.

Anyway, I hope you're able to recover everything. <3

♪♫♪♬♪~

Cluttered Cat

Lindori
~♪♫♪♬♪

I figured something was up, since your name doesn't show up on my friend's list anymore (I've logged on today after not playing in months).

You should be able to get all your stuff back though. Usually they just do a roll back and restore your things.

Today I gave the three new dungeons a try! I only got one piece of agility leather though - a belt for my kitty spec (plus bracers and a neck from the JP lady). But I got several caster pieces for my balance set.

Anyway, I hope you're able to recover everything. <3

♪♫♪♬♪~
I haven't played in months either. I doubt I'll get back into it anytime soon. I don't care too much if I don't get my stuff back. It's not like I have end-game gear anymore with all the new updates. *shrugs*

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~♪♫♪♬♪

I know. I haven't really made much effort with gearing. The heroics when Cata was first released kinda turned me off. But I did do the Molten Front stuff and got some gear from there (mostly I just did it for the hippogriff mount). This time around though, the dungeons are somewhat fun. And it didn't take hours like the original Cata heroics did. And while I still pugged them, there wasn't a whole lot of drama, which also made it nice.

♪♫♪♬♪~

Cluttered Cat

I don't remember which dungeon, but Jon said he ran a few, and mentioned that (at least) one of them was rather easy.

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~♪♫♪♬♪

Yeah, they weren't bad. I'm glad I didn't do it as a boomkin though, because it's more intensive as ranged dps, imo. For us melee it's just tank and spank and don't stand in the AoEs, lol.

I'm retying to think. We had difficulty with End Time the first time. The first boss we got was Sylvanas, but unfortunately we couldn't dps one of the ghouls fast enough, so we kept wiping. That group fell apart. The second run we got Baine (a t&s for melee hurrah) and Tyrande (t&s with some interrupting) and then finally Murozond at the end (also t&s for melee lol). The only boss I haven't done there is Jaina.

Well of Eternity was a bit harder, I think. Peroth'an I had a bit of trouble with, because you have to avoid the eyes during the stealth stage, but I got caught and got 1-shot. XD Other than that, just stay out of AoEs. Queen Azshara was a pain too, just dps the mages (two at a time, but more join in if you don't dps fast enough, and there's 6 total), interrupt them from doing their big AoEs and interrupt Azshara's Total Obedience. Then there's Mannoroth and Captain Varo'then. Take out the Captain, then attack Mannoroth. Illidan and Tyrande take care of the adds. Of course, dps stay out of AoEs.

Then Hour of Twilight isn't too bad. Thrall helps out out in this one. First boss mostly just beware of all his frost attacks, and interrupt Hand of Frost. Asira Dawnslayer is also t&s, but just need to kite her out of the smoke bombs (does damage to us) and keep an eye on her blade barrier because you won't be able to attack her until someone lands a 40k hit. Also she has a ranged skill that can silence casters. They're just advised to hide behind a hunter or the tank when that skill arrives. Archbishop Benedictus is also t&s, just interrupt once in a while and spread out during purifying light/corrupting twilight and then hide under Thrall's water shell during wave of virtue/wave of twilight (which I didn't do. Thankfully I was only hit for 100k, so I was able to get a rejouvination on myself to get my health back up a bit).

That's all there is too it for melee dps, more-or-less. Yay for useless information! ^o^

♪♫♪♬♪~

Cluttered Cat

Spamming it in my charity because: YEESSSSSS!!!!

I've seriously had this play for like 10 mintues... sweatdrop

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~♪♫♪♬♪

I saw it in WT. XD And now it's stuck in my head.

♪♫♪♬♪~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces