Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

YDA has nothing snazzy to say.

She's sleepy. 0.67889908256881 67.9% [ 74 ]
Pollwhore will still get their spot though. 0.32110091743119 32.1% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]

Shy Giver

Mighty chicken lady
I absolutely love those types of games. I tried out for Wheel of Fortune years ago, but didn't get on as my income was too low at the time. I love word games. I played that game in my charity thread a few months ago and that is how YDA got that idea. They were all in English. I sent in more, but because of PG-13 rules, they were counted out! eek
They didn't let you play because of your income? Hey, you wanna earn some money and other prizes? Oh, wait. You don't deserve a vacation or any of that stuff.

Shy Giver

Lindori
Nuh-uh. What planet have you been living on? "Ti" makes me think of eighth notes... like in music class in elementary school. razz

"Et" should be accepted. Because it's still used in English... like in "et cetera".... *fails to mention that it's Latin on purpose*
Well, yes, it can be that too.

But for 'et' to work, you have to use it with 'cetera'. xp

I figure some people look at a word, consider that it wouldn't count and thus don't add it. So I disqualified the ones I thought people would have to think twice about especially.

7,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
@ MCL- Days O_O''' Well I guess I could just try and find like 10 more xD

MeMyselfandI-1's Partner

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Your_Destiny_Awaits
Mighty chicken lady
I absolutely love those types of games. I tried out for Wheel of Fortune years ago, but didn't get on as my income was too low at the time. I love word games. I played that game in my charity thread a few months ago and that is how YDA got that idea. They were all in English. I sent in more, but because of PG-13 rules, they were counted out! eek
They didn't let you play because of your income? Hey, you wanna earn some money and other prizes? Oh, wait. You don't deserve a vacation or any of that stuff.

There are income requirements. Once I took the word test and then played the game which about 100 people, a group of us went and talked to the producers. We gave our social security #'s to them (it was safe to do so then) and they told 3 of us that we couldn't afford to pay the taxes on the winnings!! You have to pay that first and then you get the winnings. I hope they have changed it by now. This was 20 years ago.

Cluttered Cat

THE Birthday Charity
There are income requirements. Once I took the word test and then played the game which about 100 people, a group of us went and talked to the producers. We gave our social security #'s to them (it was safe to do so then) and they told 3 of us that we couldn't afford to pay the taxes on the winnings!! You have to pay that first and then you get the winnings. I hope they have changed it by now. This was 20 years ago.
I figured it had something to do with the taxes, but you shouldn't have to pay those until you actually have the winnings. Kinda unfair...

MeMyselfandI-1's Partner

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
OtherWorldShukumei
THE Birthday Charity
I figured it had something to do with the taxes, but you shouldn't have to pay those until you actually have the winnings. Kinda unfair...

Hell no. The government wants their damn money first!!

7,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
That is unfair, I never realized you had to pay the taxes first.

Cluttered Cat

Like, WoF should send the government the allotted taxes and then send the rest to the winner. Or it shouldn't be considered until it actually comes down to filing your taxes.

Conservative Consumer

6,200 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Nerd 50

Conservative Consumer

6,200 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Nerd 50
OtherWorldShukumei
Like, WoF should send the government the allotted taxes and then send the rest to the winner. Or it shouldn't be considered until it actually comes down to filing your taxes.

That's the way they probably do it now, but not back then!!

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Your_Destiny_Awaits

But for 'et' to work, you have to use it with 'cetera'. xp

No you don't. XP
*being stubborn on purpose now*

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
billy_bobbyandpants
That is unfair, I never realized you had to pay the taxes first.

Yeah, you do in the US. Same thing with your lotteries.

That's why you should all move to Canada. We don't have those sorts of taxes for lotteries and games and such.
So for example, tomorrow's Lotto 6/49 (one of the lotteries for the Atlantic region of Canada) is CAD 20,000,000$. So say I had a ticket and I won, I'd get that $20,000,000 instead of getting less because of taxes.

7,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I know xDDD We all should go to Canada, its great there!

Cluttered Cat

I'd go for the health services. xd

12,750 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Hunter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yeah, free health care, ftw.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash