Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supermodel

Xathoa
Montiqueue
No, no. you can definitely join. I mean, you're my sister, not a mod. How is that cheating? Plus there's three different categories of art for everyone to be in and three different mods to judge them all.

Besides, I thought you were going to draw me something because of all my gifts to you! xD

Mod: Montiqueue
Contest:Winter Haiku Contest!

Well, since you put it that way, I might as well draw something as a gift.
Did you have a particular favored avatar, or a few you'd want drawn?
Be aware, it won't be too polished up, because I need to put a lot of my attention on a comic I have to finish by the end of this month, at the moment.

I probably won't enter the contest though. xD The prize of first is tempting, but I'll let others get it.

Anyway, how've you been?

Also, I wanted to point out, some of the haikus haven't been reading 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables. :/ *cough*

I think so, yeah. I'll get it to you via PM.
Aww. D: But I promise there's no guarantee of winning. Anyone could get it! Or we could just do it for fun.
Three times and ten more
Keys clatter, Fingers flicker
Sister to sister

Eh? Ehhhhh? biggrin
And I know not all of them are up to haiku standards. I'm slightly allowing it though. Those that don't come up to par will obviously not get the prize though, yes? Ans besides, haikus are based off of Hokku. and not all hokkus had the technical requirements for being one but were considered one. Syllables to us are "ons" to them. which are two different concepts.

Shizuka Hio1
Montiqueue
Shizuka Hio1
i think this is my first time actually joining emotion_jawdrop

Welcome~ 3nodding
I'm always glad to see new faces around in here. Does anything look interesting?

Thank you! ^_^ Lots actually, I have my eyes set on the 70 000 gold on the 6th post of page 78 emotion_dowant

Eyes on the prize, eh? xD
Just be sure to be sociable along the way, yeah? 3nodding

Danzavare's Queen

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Montiqueue
I think so, yeah. I'll get it to you via PM.
Aww. D: But I promise there's no guarantee of winning. Anyone could get it! Or we could just do it for fun.
Three times and ten more
Keys clatter, Fingers flicker
Sister to sister

Eh? Ehhhhh? biggrin
And I know not all of them are up to haiku standards. I'm slightly allowing it though. Those that don't come up to par will obviously not get the prize though, yes? Ans besides, haikus are based off of Hokku. and not all hokkus had the technical requirements for being one but were considered one. Syllables to us are "ons" to them. which are two different concepts.

Alrighty~
I know. But winter themed. Meh, I'll be stumped on that one. I mean, being in Aussie-land makes the usual winter thoughts melt. Seriously. It's been like Houston's summer over here! Rainy one day, blistering hot the next! X.x I might do a winter dragon for the heck of it though. Who knows.
As far as the haikus go, I never had any particular reason for them, so maybe for fun. xD

Memories of past
Glow like numberless embers
Keeping my thoughts warm

Well, It is a Haiku contest, not a Hokku one. But whatever. I'm not mod, and I just get picky and complain-y for the sake of it. xd : OCD maybe.
FFF- OCD, reminds me... Remember World of Goo? When we thought we lost our progress travelling to one side of the stage to the other, until it went to float back up again? That was like, epic. And we won that stage on that play, too! 8D

Also, I'm loving this Dark Souls item.~<3
Xathoa

Alrighty~
I know. But winter themed. Meh, I'll be stumped on that one. I mean, being in Aussie-land makes the usual winter thoughts melt. Seriously. It's been like Houston's summer over here! Rainy one day, blistering hot the next! X.x I might do a winter dragon for the heck of it though. Who knows.
As far as the haikus go, I never had any particular reason for them, so maybe for fun. xD

Memories of past
Glow like numberless embers
Keeping my thoughts warm

Well, It is a Haiku contest, not a Hokku one. But whatever. I'm not mod, and I just get picky and complain-y for the sake of it. xd : OCD maybe.
FFF- OCD, reminds me... Remember World of Goo? When we thought we lost our progress travelling to one side of the stage to the other, until it went to float back up again? That was like, epic. And we won that stage on that play, too! 8D

Also, I'm loving this Dark Souls item.~<3

Ohhhh, I remember that stage! xD That was so intense; I was on a high at that point from the surprise victory save.
Well, yeah, that makes sense. but there's going to be more haiku contests than that. Each one with a different theme. But I won't reveal the types yet because I don't wanna give anyone an early start! wink
Connecting again
Black orbs tilting and climbing
Our sweetest of wins

Edit: Also, it's doesn't necessarily have to be winter. Can be winter themed items or even a frosty zone inside of a video game! Like Skyrim. 8D Which was what the example haiku was about.

Danzavare's Queen

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Montiqueue
Ohhhh, I remember that stage! xD That was so intense; I was on a high at that point from the surprise victory save.
Well, yeah, that makes sense. but there's going to be more haiku contests than that. Each one with a different theme. But I won't reveal the types yet because I don't wanna give anyone an early start! wink
Connecting again
Black orbs tilting and climbing
Our sweetest of wins

Well, it was awesome. I like, how we didn't quite immediately after we thought we lost. We were just so shocked as to how our plan spiralled out of control and into the nether world past the screen at the bottom. And just paused to watch our failed screen. And then, a balloon showed up. Followed by a few others, and we quickly tried to salvage the situation before it went to the world of above the screen! And we made it. xD It was so awesome.

Aaaahhh, fair enough. Should give others a fair go.

Heyheyhey, Le Monti! Did you know there are three Monster Hunter items on Gaia?

Surprise victory
Of panic and messy haste
We were champions
Xathoa

Well, it was awesome. I like, how we didn't quite immediately after we thought we lost. We were just so shocked as to how our plan spiralled out of control and into the nether world past the screen at the bottom. And just paused to watch our failed screen. And then, a balloon showed up. Followed by a few others, and we quickly tried to salvage the situation before it went to the world of above the screen! And we made it. xD It was so awesome.

Aaaahhh, fair enough. Should give others a fair go.

Heyheyhey, Le Monti! Did you know there are three Monster Hunter items on Gaia?

Surprise victory
Of panic and messy haste
We were champions

Yes, I do know. xD Though I think I forget the third or some such. If I remember though, they didn't look all that great. Which is why I probably don't have any of them in my inventory.

Glinting teeth so sharp
Flurry of blades slice in two
Quick! Grab the harvest

I miss playing Monster hunter. :C I still love that game so much. And because you're in a different country, we could probably finally play together if we both ever get it on the same systems.

Tipsy Prophet

This is cool! (: I haven't been on gaia in ages.

Danzavare's Queen

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Montiqueue
Yes, I do know. xD Though I think I forget the third or some such. If I remember though, they didn't look all that great. Which is why I probably don't have any of them in my inventory.

Glinting teeth so sharp
Flurry of blades slice in two
Quick! Grab the harvest

I miss playing Monster hunter. :C I still love that game so much. And because you're in a different country, we could probably finally play together if we both ever get it on the same systems.

Actually, the Kirin Hunter was a good one. There was a bright pink Meylinx one, and the Charintharos-thingy. I have two of them. Not the pink one though. I'll get that eventually, only because I like Monster Hunter. >.>;

Screeching roar so loud
Pounding heart and rushing blood
The thrill of the hunt

I've been playing it on the 3DS. Well, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. It's basically what Tri SHOULD have been. It's disappointing that tri was released the way it was. I have my dual wield back! And Dan has been using the bow. He's really good at it. Though he has a lot of complaints. Admittedly, the game does have a lot of arbitrary points, but I still enjoy it. He's trying so hard to like it just for me, because he know I like it.
Unfortunately, Tri Ultimate on the 3DS and Wii-U have some differences. The Wii-U version can go online. The 3DS version can only use local co-op connection. I can download quests and keep them forever, but I can't go online. It doesn't bother me, but that means I can't play with you. I CAN go online through the Wii-U on the 3DS, but I'm not getting a Wii-U.
Monster Hunter 4 is out in Japan now, actually. It's released on the 3DS as well. It has two new weapons; The Charge Axe, which is an axe with a sword and shield mode, and the Insect Rod, which looks so awesome! There's no knowledge of when and if it will be released to western audiences though. D:

Shameless Bit

GoldenDemonWolf
Lyonel Noale
Hex Charm
Lucy Bellamy
iCocoKoala
Fragile Compassion
Benji95x
Ayane Senpai
Elyralith
buttercuptwinkles
mistahprince
The Adipose
Hiroshi Sakai
The Donation Pixie
Ime Koje Nije Zauzeto
Soul Le Black De Vile
ferretfluff
Raijin Kibagami
Shizuka Hio1
Xathoa
-Aphrodeshia-
Keoii

Group Announcement!

User Image

xxxxxHello everyone! I am proud to say that our Fair Lady Dj Hope 1990 (Mod) has just now posted up a "Mod Contest" for a Sweet Sensation of Winter Memories! (Or not, we don't know what winter memories you have!)
            I have below a link to the home page where you can view it there, and beneath that I have an exact copy of the contest for you all to read through and get an understanding.

Do know that I have copied all of your usernames down for future "Group Announcements" and will keep them on record, you can easily have this removed by messaging me and simply asking me to take your name off record.

Hope you guys have fun and be sure to keep going since there will be a new winner every day for this contest til it expires in seven days!

New Mod Contest (Link to Home Page of Mod Contest post)

Sweet Sensations
Hosted by DJ Hope 1990

For some of us December means snow, crisp and cold. For some of us December means seeing friends and family we've not had time to catch up with for quite some time. For some of us December is actually summer. There is Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and other such holidays that we celebrate. For some of us, December is a month of memories, good and bad.

In a post quoting DJ Hope 1990, tell me what the month of December brings for you. Memories, future anticipations, or simply what the month's special meaning is, we want to know.

For the next 7 days (Ending on X-mas day Australia Time) I will be giving away prizes on the best quotes of the day. Each prize will be random out of the list of items I have donated to this charity.

Rule # 1: IN order to qualify to win, you MUST quote DJ Hope 1990 in the post.
Rule # 2: In order to qualify to win you must provide a descriptive post detailing what makes December so special to you.

Example:

DJ Hope 1990

December to me means living in a whirlwind of two worlds. On one side of the world I have my family, celebrating Christmas with snow and ice, and chilly winds that bite. On the other, I reside with my fiancee, enjoying a warm summer, getting tanned, going to the beach and celebrating Christmas with both of my families the best I can.

Tipsy Prophet

DJ Hope 1990

December is special for me because it's bittersweet. It's the month I went into recovery for Anorexia Nervosa, and also the month I lost a friend to the same disease. It makes me think of her a lot, and even though her death was horrible and tragic, I love her to pieces and owe her my life; her passing was what made me take that final step into treatment.
December for me is coming together, being grateful, and remembering.

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Keoii
DJ Hope 1990

December is special for me because it's bittersweet. It's the month I went into recovery for Anorexia Nervosa, and also the month I lost a friend to the same disease. It makes me think of her a lot, and even though her death was horrible and tragic, I love her to pieces and owe her my life; her passing was what made me take that final step into treatment.
Good for you Keoii. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you're safe as well. Hard life lessons like that are always bitter pills to swallow. Just remember you're beautiful no matter what - the most beautiful parts of people are usually not what can be seen on the outside anyways and now you've got someone looking after you always.

Happy Holidays sweetheart - and wishing you the best.

Mod:DJ Hope 1990 Mod Contest: Sweet Sensations

Tipsy Prophet

DJ Hope 1990
Keoii
DJ Hope 1990

Good for you Keoii. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you're safe as well. Hard life lessons like that are always bitter pills to swallow. Just remember you're beautiful no matter what - the most beautiful parts of people are usually not what can be seen on the outside anyways and now you've got someone looking after you always.

Happy Holidays sweetheart - and wishing you the best.

Mod:DJ Hope 1990 Mod Contest: Sweet Sensations

Thank you. I like the way you phrased that last bit, "and now you've got someone looking after you always". It's comforting.
Happy Holidays to you, too.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Montiqueue

Eyes on the prize, eh? xD
Just be sure to be sociable along the way, yeah? 3nodding

Heheh! Yup! XD I will try to be 3nodding

((Sorry for the double quote!! >.< wink )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff