Welcome to Gaia! ::

"I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."

Welcome to the official Robert Downey Jr. thread
User Image

Robert Downey Jr. one of the best actors of his generation, active since the 1970s, but he's just beginning to pick up more mainstream fame with the recent release of Iron Man. (Great movie, btw) Please, feel free to discuss him and his work here. And no one will mind if you wish to post a picture. wink

NOTE:
Yes, Robert Downey Jr. is infamous for his past drug abuse and jail time. But please, show respect here. He's gotten over it and he's doing better than ever. I don't mind if you talk about it, but nothing like "lol WHAT A CRACKHEAD". Not cool, guys, not cool.

"I'm about as badass as a domesticated lnyx can be."
Big thanks to IMDb.com for this complete list

Filmography

=Poe (in development)
=Iron Man 3 (in development) .... Tony Stark / Iron Man
=The Avengers (2012) (announced) .... Tony Stark / Iron Man
= untitled Sherlock Holmes sequel (2011) (pre-production)
=Cowboys and Aliens (2011) (pre-production) .... Zeke Jackson
=Due Date (2010) (post-production)
=Iron Man 2 (2010) .... Tony Stark / Iron Man
=Sherlock Holmes (2010) (post production) .... Sherlock Holmes
=The Soloist (2008 ) .... Steve Lopez
=Tropic Thunder (2008 ) .... Kirk Lazarus
=The Incredible Hulk (2008 ) .... Tony Stark
=Iron Man (2008 ) .... Tony Stark / Iron Man
=Charlie Bartlett (2007) .... Principal Gardner
=Lucky You (2007) .... Telephone Jack
=Zodiac (2007/I) .... Paul Avery
=A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006) .... Dito
=Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus (2006) .... Lionel Sweeney
=A Scanner Darkly (2006) .... James Barris
=The Shaggy Dog (2006) .... Dr. Kozak
="Family Guy" .... Patrick Pewterschmidt (1 episode, 2005)
- Fat Guy Strangler (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Patrick Pewterschmidt
=Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) .... Joe Wershba
=Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) .... Harry Lockhart
=Game 6 (2005) .... Steven Schwimmer
=Eros (2004) .... Nick Penrose (segment "Equilibrium" )
=Gothika (2003) .... Pete Graham
=The Singing Detective (2003) .... Dan Dark
=Whatever We Do (2003) .... Bobby
="Ally McBeal" .... Larry Paul (15 episodes, 2000-2002)
- Heart and Soul (2002) TV episode (uncredited) .... Larry Paul
- The Wedding (2001) TV episode .... Larry Paul
- Home Again (2001) TV episode .... Larry Paul
- Queen Bee (2001) TV episode .... Larry Paul
- Cloudy Skies, Chance of Parade (2001) TV episode .... Larry Paul
(10 more)
=Lethargy (2002) .... Animal Therapist
=Auto Motives (2000) .... Rob
=Wonder Boys (2000) .... Terry Crabtree
=Black and White (1999/I) .... Terry Donager
=Bowfinger (1999) .... Jerry Renfro
=Friends & Lovers (1999) .... Hans
=In Dreams (1999) .... Vivian Thompson
=U.S. Marshals (1998 ) .... Special Agent John Royce
=The Gingerbread Man (1998 ) .... Clyde Pell
=Hugo Pool (1997) .... Franz Mazur
=Two Girls and a Guy (1997) .... Blake Allen
=One Night Stand (1997) .... Charlie
=Danger Zone (1997) .... Jim Scott
=Restoration (1995) .... Robert Merivel
=Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree (1995) (TV) .... Mr. Willowby
=Home for the Holidays (1995) .... Tommy Larson
=Richard III (1995) .... Lord Rivers
=Only You (1994) .... Peter Wright, alias Damon Bradley
=Natural Born Killers (1994) .... Wayne Gale
=Hail Caesar (1994) .... Jerry
=Short Cuts (1993) .... Bill Bush
=Heart and Souls (1993) .... Thomas Reilly
=Chaplin (1992) .... Charles Spencer Chaplin
=Soapdish (1991) .... David Seton Barnes
=Too Much Sun (1991) .... Reed Richmond
=Air America (1990) .... Billy Covington
=Chances Are (1989) .... Alex Finch
=True Believer (1989) .... Roger Baron
=That's Adequate (1989) .... Albert Einstein
=1969 (1988 ) .... Ralph Carr
=Rented Lips (1988 ) .... Wolf Dangler
=Johnny Be Good (1988 ) .... Leo Wiggins
=Less Than Zero (1987) .... Julian Wells
=The Pick-up Artist (1987) (as Robert Downey) .... Jack Jericho
=America (1986) .... Paulie Hackley
=Back to School (1986) .... Derek
="Saturday Night Live" .... Various (18 episodes, 1985-1986)
- Anjelica Huston and Billy Martin/George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic (1986) TV episode (as Robert Downey) .... Various
- Jimmy Breslin and Marvin Hagler/Level 42/E.G. Daily (1986) TV episode (as Robert Downey) .... Various
- Catherine Oxenberg and Paul Simon/Ladysmith Black Mambazo (1986) TV episode (as Robert Downey) .... Various
- Tony Danza/Laurie Anderson (1986) TV episode (as Robert Downey) .... Various
- Oprah Winfrey/Joe Jackson (1986) TV episode (as Robert Downey) .... Various
(13 more)
="Mussolini: The Untold Story" (1985) (mini) TV mini-series (as Robert Downey) ....Bruno Mussolini
=Weird Science (1985) (as Robert Downey) .... Ian
=Tuff Turf (1985) (as Robert Downey) .... Jimmy Parker
=Deadwait (1985)
=Firstborn (1984) .... Lee
=Baby It's You (1983) .... Stewart
=Up the Academy (1980) (uncredited)
=Greaser's Palace (1972) (uncredited)
=Pound (1970) (as Bob Downey) .... Puppy

Discography

=The Futurist (2004)

2,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
He looks cool in Gothika and Iron Man!
A Very Short Biography

Wikipedia.org
Robert John Downey, Jr. (born April 4, 1965) is an Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winning American actor and musician. He became known during the late 1980s and early 1990s after a series of well-reviewed performances in Hollywood films. During a period of drug addiction in the late 1990s, Downey continued his acting career, appearing on the television series Ally McBeal.[1] More recent films include a number of supporting and lead roles, in Good Night, and Good Luck, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac, A Scanner Darkly and Iron Man.

After the '08 "Summer of Robert Downey Jr.", Robert is now enjoying the mainstream fame that has escaped him for several years. His Iron Man movies have captured a younger audience. So if you're a new fan, and are looking to find out more about RDJ, feel free to join the thread! Hopefully, you'll find a few of these links helpful as well.

User Image

Links

Robert Downey Jr.'s IMDb.com profile
Robert Downey Jr.'s Official Myspace
RDJ's Facebook FanPage
The Official Website For His Music
Birdy11
He looks cool in Gothika and Iron Man!

I have yet to see him in Gothika...........but yeah, he was AWESOME in Iron Man! I really want to see that movie again... emo Maybe this weekend.
I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang...:that ws him right?: Yes he's a very talented actor...my dad even said so, he said he's it's cool he got his act together...it would be a shame for talent like that to go to waste. I loved him in Iron Man! He looked smexy!
Yep, that was him...he played Harry Lockhart. What a lovable dumbass of a character! xd KKBB is definitely one of my favorite movies EVER.

Perry--Look up the word "idiot" in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
Harry--...A picture of me?
Perry--No! The definition of the word "idiot", which you ********' are!

Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer.....
....they crack me up!
Due to "Iron Man" I would now consider myself a fan of RDJ. Making my way through his movies now and I absolutely love "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang". x'D Harry really was a loveable dumbass but Perry just won the most kickass character award. Anyone who uses the word pluperfect just automatically gets cool points.

Perry: You put a live round in that gun?
Harry: Well yeah, there was like an 8% chance.
Perry: Eight? Who taught you math?!

I'm currently debating whether I want to rent "Shaggy Dog" for the lulz. I saw a clip of him and Tim Allen barking at each other so that might be amusing.
My friend came up to me the other day and was like "I just saw that guy you like in a kid's movie." "...Shaggy Dog?" "Yeah. I didn't even recognize him."

So far, I've seen RDJ in Iron Man, Home for the Holidays, Only You, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Good Night and Good Luck. I just finished reading A Scanner Darkly, so I might get the movie today...
I approve of this thread immensely. I was actually checking back on the Celebrities forum every once in a while just to see if an RDJ thread had been started yet. :] I'm happy one of them has. After Iron Man, my roommate and I stacked up on rented Robert Downey Jr. movies.. In the past week I've seen: Gothika, Fur, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (oh man, a favorite), Less Than Zero, Good Night and Good Luck, A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints.. the list goes on. ^^;
I was just looking for Fur the other night at the store, but couldn't find it! cry Have to do more checking....Anyway, did you like it? I've read some reviews over it and it sounds like it'd be kinda "out-there", but really good! Since I couldn't find it, I ended up just buying Zodiac and A Scanner Darkly.

And yeah, I almost never came into the Celebrities forum until a few weeks ago. I was surprised that there were no RDJ threads...c'mon, people, Iron Man is doing great! So I finally made one myself. wink

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
iron man was the first rdj movie i saw. he did a good job in it and can't wait to see him in the new hulk movie.
I was so ready to jump all over RDJ's case if Tony wasn't right....Iron Man is one of my favorie comic book characters ever. I'm a major dork, btw. But he was an ace Tony Stark. heart So yeah, I can't wait for Incredible Hulk either....Ed Norton and RDJ on one screen? Sexy Overload! surprised

Fun Fact--In the Ultimates series, Capt. America apologizes to Nick Fury (Sam L. Jackson in the end credits of Iron Man) for breaking his nose. Fury says "No big deal. This nose has been smashed more times than Robert Downey Jr.". Two chapters later, the characters are sitting around talking about a possible Avengers/Ultimates movie and who would play who. Fury nominates Johnny Depp to play Tony Stark, saying only he could be that eccentric. HAHA xd RDJ showed him up.
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
My friend came up to me the other day and was like "I just saw that guy you like in a kid's movie." "...Shaggy Dog?" "Yeah. I didn't even recognize him."

So far, I've seen RDJ in Iron Man, Home for the Holidays, Only You, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Good Night and Good Luck. I just finished reading A Scanner Darkly, so I might get the movie today...

Just watched "Shaggy Dog" and it was just horrible. I did enjoy it for two reasons though.

1) For vanity’s sake: RDJ was smokin'.
2) Hilarious ending scene involving a bark-off and a tail-chasing. Downright adorable.

I'll probably save people the trouble and make a video to stick on YouTube. Also that story about Captain America/Nick Fury is great. xd
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
I was just looking for Fur the other night at the store, but couldn't find it! cry Have to do more checking....Anyway, did you like it? I've read some reviews over it and it sounds like it'd be kinda "out-there", but really good! Since I couldn't find it, I ended up just buying Zodiac and A Scanner Darkly.

And yeah, I almost never came into the Celebrities forum until a few weeks ago. I was surprised that there were no RDJ threads...c'mon, people, Iron Man is doing great! So I finally made one myself. wink

Fur was quite good, but this is because I like Nicole Kidman a lot as well. It's very.. odd, to say the least, but not necessarily in a bad way. In an adjustable way that becomes nice to watch. I would suggest it. Ah, I also wanted to see A Scanner Darkly. I should pick it up.. have you watched it yet? Did you like it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff