Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

I suppose this may be a zOMG! Bug, but it's affecting a site feature (Donator Status) so I figured it might be worthy of posting here. Additionally, I probably should've reported it when I first noticed it was an issue, but it appears I've been too lazy. sweatdrop

Anyhow, Donator Status is supposed to become active (or able to be activated, via the Gaia Cash Purchases page) after making a Gaia Cash purchase of 249 or more. On July 20th, I purchased a zOMG! Fluff Bundle 1 (749 GC) from zOMG!'s in-game Cash Shop, yet the option to remove ads from the site never became available. While this is, in-and-of-itself, relatively unimportant (though still a notable problem), the fact that Donator Status is now tied to gold drops in zOMG! makes the issue much more potentially problematic.

As I've noted, I suspect the issue lies with the fact that the Donator Status system doesn't recognise the in-game purchases appropriately, but if my computer spec's are still necessary:

Operating System: Windows 7
Browser: Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16421
Flash Version: Whatever was current, at the time. I believe it's updated since, so I'm not certain.

Here's a screenshot that shows the purchase in my Account History on July 20th, and the 'Disable Ads' option grayed-out (and instructing me to buy an item for 249GC or more) - and while I should be nearing the end of my 30 days, there's no reason that it should already be over. I can confirm (though I wish I'd taken the screeenshot 3 weeks ago) that there was no point at which the option was available...

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Good thing I searched this glitch.
Having the same problem as well sad

Benevolent Codger

I just noticed a report for what looks like a similar issue in the zOMG! Forum, so I'm suspecting this is yet unresolved. Perhaps a little more attention might be necessary. sweatdrop

Comparing that user's screenshots and my own purchases history, it appears that the unrecognised purchases coincide with unrecognised Buyer IPs. Does the system require a recognised IP to facilitate Donator Status? If so, does using zOMG!'s in-game Cash Shop prevent the system from recognising the user's IP?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff