Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Before you tell me that there is a sticky thread, which I am aware of, that fix no longer works for me. The flag regarding flash player no longer exists and flash is set up to allow it to work on all sites. What should be done to fix it now-a-days?

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
This is not a bug, this is intentional behavior as part of Google's plan to kill off Flash by 2020. You're correct in saying that as of Chrome 61, the contents of the sticky no longer apply. No current known workaround.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AlthIndor
This is not a bug, this is intentional behavior as part of Google's plan to kill off Flash by 2020. You're correct in saying that as of Chrome 61, the contents of the sticky no longer apply. No current known workaround.

I did read about that somewhere. I wonder what Gaia will do about the animated items?

Lonely Lunatic

Mathew Mii
AlthIndor

I did read about that somewhere. I wonder what Gaia will do about the animated items?

Probably rework them (maybe rename too, but that's a lot of hassle) so you can use the static poses normally. (currently they count as "animated" )

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Vin Eddie
Mathew Mii
AlthIndor

Probably rework them (maybe rename too, but that's a lot of hassle) so you can use the static poses normally. (currently they count as "animated" )

Dang... Would switching to java be a possibility?

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
Mathew Mii

No. That would be significantly worse, and the major browsers have already completely eliminated support for the Java plugin.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AlthIndor
Mathew Mii

No. That would be significantly worse, and the major browsers have already completely eliminated support for the Java plugin.

Ohh...
So what could be done?

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
Mathew Mii
Ohh...
So what could be done?

There are options, HTML5, APNG, animated SVG, etc. but they all have some kind of issue with them as a replacement. HTML5 would bloat the file sizes of some animations, APNG would bloat the file sizes of some avatars and cannot be used to effectively create "randomized" animations, SVG animation isn't very well-supported....

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AlthIndor
Mathew Mii
Ohh...
So what could be done?

There are options, HTML5, APNG, animated SVG, etc. but they all have some kind of issue with them as a replacement. HTML5 would bloat the file sizes of some animations, APNG would bloat the file sizes of some avatars and cannot be used to effectively create "randomized" animations, SVG animation isn't very well-supported....

Dang...
Out of curiosity, will any of those play anything flash?

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
Mathew Mii
Dang...

Like, play SWF files? No.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AlthIndor
Mathew Mii
Dang...

Like, play SWF files? No.

Darn...
RiP Newgrounds.

Lonely Lunatic

Mathew Mii

Darn...
RiP Newgrounds.

Most of the Newgrounds games will be made in Unity though, it has been a trend for a while. It won't go down that easily.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Vin Eddie
Mathew Mii

Darn...
RiP Newgrounds.

Most of the Newgrounds games will be made in Unity though, it has been a trend for a while. It won't go down that easily.

That's good. And I am assuming that the animations can go onto Youtube?

Lonely Lunatic

Mathew Mii

That I do not know for certain, but a lot of the old Flash movies are already in Youtube.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Vin Eddie
Mathew Mii

That I do not know for certain, but a lot of the old Flash movies are already in Youtube.

That's good.
IDK about deviantArt's flash videos, though...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff