Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I've noticed since upgrading to Firefox 4 that I've been having numerous problems playing Booty Grab. The symptoms of the problem appear to vary a lot:

Extreme lag: Sometimes everything moves slowly, including gold, my avatar, power ups and power downs, fish. Sometimes everything is fine except my avatar, and it will sit in the corner for 15-20 seconds before it finally loads. When this happens, I'll sometimes see four or five power-ups or power-downs on the screen at a time. It could be weird perception, but it's usually time-downs.

Unable to see glow: Sometimes I'm unable to see the glow on a tank, even if one of the many tank analyzers says that the tank is glowing and people are playing the game. If I can't see the glow, then I cannot play the game at all, either through clicking on the tank or using the direct links that many people post.

I'm using Firefox 4.0 on a MacBook Pro using Mac OSX Leopard, Flash version 10,1,102,64 installed.

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Please let me know what other info you might need.

Edit: I have also tried to play Booty Grab in Safari 5.0.3. I am unable to "see the glow" even though tanks are glowing and have players. In fact, I am able to play so few games that I can't determine if I'm having the same lag problems or not!

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
also happening in Google Chrome

Not the lag, just the not glowing when it should be.

I get error messages as well saying "Game is not ready"

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
I've also gotten "Game is not ready" though only once.

Playful Vampire

armadillodreamer
I've noticed since upgrading to Firefox 4 that I've been having numerous problems playing Booty Grab. The symptoms of the problem appear to vary a lot:

Extreme lag: Sometimes everything moves slowly, including gold, my avatar, power ups and power downs, fish. Sometimes everything is fine except my avatar, and it will sit in the corner for 15-20 seconds before it finally loads. When this happens, I'll sometimes see four or five power-ups or power-downs on the screen at a time. It could be weird perception, but it's usually time-downs.

Unable to see glow: Sometimes I'm unable to see the glow on a tank, even if one of the many tank analyzers says that the tank is glowing and people are playing the game. If I can't see the glow, then I cannot play the game at all, either through clicking on the tank or using the direct links that many people post.

I'm using Firefox 4.0 on a MacBook Pro using Mac OSX Leopard, Flash version 10,1,102,64 installed.

Edit: I have also tried to play Booty Grab in Safari 5.0.3. I am unable to "see the glow" even though tanks are glowing and have players. In fact, I am able to play so few games that I can't determine if I'm having the same lag problems or not!

I am using my daughters computer and it is having some of the same problems.

Unable to see glow: I too am unable to sometimes see the glow on a tank, even if one of the many tank analyzers says that the tank is glowing. I am only able to play one out of five or six tanks that say they are glowing because I to cannot "see the glow."

She just upgraded to Firefox 4 on Windows 7, she did not have the problem before the upgrade.

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Its happening with Google Chrome too! I was playing booty grab fine yesterday at like 3am and it just crashed after I moved to the next tank! Now it says its glowing but the fish dont glow and I cant play BG.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
Update: The problem where I was unable to see glows seems to have resolved. I haven't experienced this problem since Saturday.

However, the extreme lag problem is running in full force. Just now, I played a game where it took a few seconds for my avatar to load, and when it did load I could barely move. Power-ups and power-downs appeared on the screen at the same interval as always, but moved so slowly that I again had five on the screen at once - four time-downs and a gold-increaser. The sheer number of them slowed things down even more. Gold didn't fall down so much as drift slowly downwards. VERY slowly downwards. Actually, it may well have been staying still.

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
armadillodreamer

RE: Firefox 4 issue: Firefox developers claim that they modified the browser to allow Flash to use "hardware acceleration" (meaning it is able to do more processing) but so far, all I see is that it slows down Aquarium and YouTube playback. We'll have to wait and see if they acknowledge it as a bug or if we have to try to re-engineer aquarium to work better under FireFox.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
carbonphyber
armadillodreamer

RE: Firefox 4 issue: Firefox developers claim that they modified the browser to allow Flash to use "hardware acceleration" (meaning it is able to do more processing) but so far, all I see is that it slows down Aquarium and YouTube playback. We'll have to wait and see if they acknowledge it as a bug or if we have to try to re-engineer aquarium to work better under FireFox.

Thanks so much for the information!!

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
Bump!

I hope that someone can take another look at this problem. I just missed an entire game because my avatar didn't load. The timer worked, all the fish were dropping gold, and everything was normal except that my avatar never loaded.

Sometimes my avatar does load last, and I'll lose the first 15-20 seconds of the game. But this time I lost the entire game!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff