Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Witch

Leena-chan

A busy weekend, but it was fine I guess. How about you?

Summer Raaven's Husband

Ice-Cold Codger

~Twilight...Angel~
hanging gallow
~Twilight...Angel~
hanging gallow
I'll just tuck into my pocket k thanks <3

Perfect! You can just enter in breedings with her rofl

Hehehehehehehehehhehehe OoO

One day she will find her love though emotion_kirakira one day...

For the longest time I thought she had someone

That Artemis's Spouse

Advice--
My 3 year old cat is the noisiest creature on the planet and its really just driving me NUTS. She's obsessed with me and follows me around everywhere meowing with every breath for attention, and while I love her and pet her all the time, I obviously can't give her 110% of my attention which seems to be the minimum she's satisfied with. I HATE repetitive noises, they put me on edge and it has me feeling extremely irritable all the time, to the point where I have to shut myself away from her to just get some piece and quiet. She's been to the vet and there's nothing wrong with her health wise, she has toys, she has food, she won't take ANY treats or any food whatsoever out of a hand or even off the floor so I can't train her. I've tried not putting food in her bowl till she stops meowing and I can never get her to stay quiet longer than 10 seconds doing that and it takes like 10 minutes to get her to maybe start thinking about not meowing every breath then too. I have no idea what to do, I'm not going to give her up or send her away, I love her, but I want to cry I'm so on edge. I don't want to have to live like this for the next 10+ years!!! The only thing I've ever found that works is to make a loud scary noise when she meows with a new years noisemaker that I kept for like 2 years before puppy destroyed it. She would stop meowing and leave me alone if she saw me holding it, and it HAD to be visible or she'd just keep meowing. We adopted her from a friend at 1year old and after she got used to us this started immediately. I'm going crazy, help?
+ Just Yuki Rolling Through +
yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi

Uta things emotion_bigheart

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Please PM xxx Yuki Bear xxx if there are any mistakes that need correcting
Thank you! ♥

Garbage Trash

emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

L0cKe and L0aD's Princess

Seasonal Pieslinger

22,040 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Pretty baskets

gracie loff's Spouse

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
Faithofthefallen
Advice--
My 3 year old cat is the noisiest creature on the planet and its really just driving me NUTS. She's obsessed with me and follows me around everywhere meowing with every breath for attention, and while I love her and pet her all the time, I obviously can't give her 110% of my attention which seems to be the minimum she's satisfied with. I HATE repetitive noises, they put me on edge and it has me feeling extremely irritable all the time, to the point where I have to shut myself away from her to just get some piece and quiet. She's been to the vet and there's nothing wrong with her health wise, she has toys, she has food, she won't take ANY treats or any food whatsoever out of a hand or even off the floor so I can't train her. I've tried not putting food in her bowl till she stops meowing and I can never get her to stay quiet longer than 10 seconds doing that and it takes like 10 minutes to get her to maybe start thinking about not meowing every breath then too. I have no idea what to do, I'm not going to give her up or send her away, I love her, but I want to cry I'm so on edge. I don't want to have to live like this for the next 10+ years!!! The only thing I've ever found that works is to make a loud scary noise when she meows with a new years noisemaker that I kept for like 2 years before puppy destroyed it. She would stop meowing and leave me alone if she saw me holding it, and it HAD to be visible or she'd just keep meowing. We adopted her from a friend at 1year old and after she got used to us this started immediately. I'm going crazy, help?

First thing is not to reward the behavior.

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~
A busy weekend, but it was fine I guess. How about you?

Saamee this weekend has been a fun roller coaster :3

Your avi is so cute! >W< <3

Amirynth's Prince

Familiar Shapeshifter

Faithofthefallen
Advice--

Are they spayed/neutered? That is usually the first cause of loud meows. Otherwise, you may just have to find a new home for them if it is causing you anguish. They might need more attention (only provide it when they are being quiet though) or may need a companion cat to help them get along with the current situations. Are there any stressers in the household, is it a recent development, or have they always been like this?

gracie loff's Spouse

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
Wait what whooooooooooooa. No don't suggest rehoming as something Faith 'may just have to do'! I mean wow that's a SERIOUS step, and can be traumatic on the cat too! There's LOTS of options to explore!
Did you hear that..?

ARARARARARARARARARARARA!

(Duck and cover! It's an Arashi cert drop!)

User Image User Image

If you see any mistakes I might have missed, feel free to PM ArashiX. <3

...is she gone? Is it safe, now..?

Kyrieko's Queen

Rampaging Bear

Faithofthefallen

You never want to scold/frighten your cat for meowing :C You should reward quietness, but never directly punish vocalization b/c it's so confusing/stressful to your cat
If she's fixed, she's probably lonely, so maybe get her a friend that will keep her attention. If she's not fixed, it's probably her wanting to breed so get her fixed.

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
I could be wrong, Aria, but I think Troll meant it as a last resort. :c

If Faith tries other things first and they don't work, and kitty's meows drive her up the wall, there will be limited options at that point.

But by all means, do try the things Troll (and Yuki! A+ kitties make a lot of noise when in heat, which can be psychologically taxing to them if they don't - ahem - get that sort of attention) suggested, first. C:

Kyrieko's Queen

Rampaging Bear

I also want to point out that for the first year of her life, your cat was with another family that probably did things differently. So her early learning behaviors might have been to meow for food/attention - or that she had to meow so much for anyone to pay attention to her. It's not possible to know exactly how she was raised since she was adopted - and breaking learned behaviors is hard once they're set

gracie loff's Spouse

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
ArashiX
I could be wrong, Aria, but I think Troll meant it as a last resort. :c

If Faith tries other things first and they don't work, and kitty's meows drive her up the wall, there will be limited options at that point.

But by all means, do try the things Troll (and Yuki! A+ kitties make a lot of noise when in heat, which can be psychologically taxing to them if they don't - ahem - get that sort of attention) suggested, first. C:

Ah. It didn't sound that way, in my head, and I am... REALLY anti-people who just... are like 'Nope can't do it, get rid of it.' when there's still plenty of options. I've seen too much of it, so perhaps I reacted badly, and if so, my apologies to everyone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff