Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Important Links:
[Guild] [Certing Thread] [Owner's List]

User Image

xxxxxRecorded history tells us the Qilin, also known as the Chinese Unicorn, is shrouded in mystery. When humans first became aware of these fantastic creatures no one is entirely certain, though the oldest records do date them as far back as the earliest Dynasties of China. What little we do know, however, tells us that Qilin have come in many forms. It has been seen as a "Dragon Horse" with a dragonlike head and the body of a horse according to some records, or the body of a tiger with the tail of an ox in others. In one of the more well known records the Qilin is also said to have scales like a carp, a tail like a lion, the cloven hooves of an ox or deer, and the head of a dragon.

It has become apparent that the Qilin have their own varied species, to explain for these many differences recorded through the ages. It is with this belief that we take a deeper look into the world the Qilin themselves dwell within as they have crossed into our own. The oldest records of their presence have given us insight into their Dynasty, and it is here where we begin.

The Age of the First Walkers.
xxxxx

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> April 7, 2013: Currently a contest is in the works to name the RP territories of the shop. Hopefully this contest will be set up sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.

On top of that, in order to officially debute the Dragon Horse Qilin Breed, a MLP Event is in the works. This event is set to be done near the end of May/beginning of June.

While these fun things are being worked on, things will be a little slower. However the occasional game and FSs will still happen so keep your eyes peeled!

xxxxx>> >> Mar 27, 2013: Currently opening up some Colorist Choice Custom Slots in the guild! For the time being only semi and non edited full customs are available.
xxxxx>> >> Feb 16, 2013: Thread is finally set up with graphics! A soft opening event will soon be under way!

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> General Thread Rules:
xxxxxxxxxx1. Follow Gaia's terms of service.
xxxxxxxxxx2. Respect everybody in this thread.
xxxxxxxxxx3. Do NOT quote the first page.
xxxxxxxxxx4. Please don't bring drama into this thread. If you need to vent, feel free to privately PM me.
xxxxxxxxxx5. Pets are NOT RP Mandatory. However you may find it in your best interest to be active in the thread because regulars will receive more opportunities.

xxxxx>> >> Flatsale Rules:
xxxxxxxxxx1. Flatsales will have different themes ranging between something as simple as a Flaffle or an in thread contest/game.
xxxxxxxxxx2. Pets are 5k each | | 10k for growing pets
xxxxxxxxxx3. You may only win 1 FS per month, but feel free to proxy for others after you've won.
xxxxxxxxxx4. There is no co owning of FS pets
xxxxxxxxxx5. Trades should be sent to QilinDynasty after winner's are announced within 48 hours before a rehome occurs.

xxxxx>> >> Auction Rules:
xxxxxxxxxx1. Auctions start at a bid of 10k.
xxxxxxxxxx2. While gold is preferred when bidding, easy to sell items are allowed [generally MCs and Evolving Items. Certain RIG items are allowed, but must be cleared with me prior to bidding]
xxxxxxxxxx3. You may co own an auction pet up to 2 people
xxxxxxxxxx4. There is an anti snipe within 30 minutes of the auction ending, extending it until the last bid is able to stand for 30 minutes or all of the warring bidders concede to the current bidder.
xxxxxxxxxx5. Trades should be sent to QilinDynasty after winner's are announced within 48 hours of the auction ending

xxxxx>> >> Raffle Rules:
xxxxxxxxxx1. Tickets are 1oog each, and you may purchase as many as you would like.
xxxxxxxxxx2. All trades go towards QilinDynasty, please include how many tickets you are purchasing in the trade title.
xxxxxxxxxx3. Please post your raffle preferences in the appropriate thread after purchasing tickets.

User Image
User Image

User Image

xxxxx>> >> The First Walkers:
xxxxxxxxxxIn the Jurassic Era, the first walkers roamed the world freely and were unmatched in intelligence. Some might consider them to be one of the first Qilins, but this is a false assumption. These Qilins were simply the first ones with the ability to walk on actual earth. The term "First Walker" remained with those that came after their ancestors however, as little changed over time. If anything, they merely grew smaller than they had once been, as the other creatures of the world adapted in size and form with the ever-changing climates.

Those Qilin who roam the world now remember tales of their ancestors and the fantastical creatures they once shared this world with before things such as the Great Frost covered the world and left behind the Glacier to the North. The First Walkers of the here and now have adapted to survive with the changing world as their once great size diminished, and created quite a unique set of skills as time passed.

xxxxxClassifications and abilities:
xxxxxxxxxx-Large Omnivores: They have the ability to hunt their prey and digest certain plants and fruits for survival.
xxxxxxxxxx-Armor mechanism: For defense, they are able to form scaled platelets at an exceedingly fast rate. If a Qilin walks around completely scaled, it means they do not trust their current surroundings.
xxxxxxxxxx-Females are known to be the better hunter between the two genders.
xxxxxxxxxx-Tend to form smaller packs of 3-5 Qilins within their immediate family.
xxxxxxxxxx*Some Qilins might possess unique properties such as the ability to heal, or breathe fire: [note these properties will either be premeditated or rolled for on occasion].

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Customs: Gold Customs are Currently Closed | | RL Customs are Currently Open

xxxxxxxxxxSemi customs: You pick 2-3 colors, and I decide on the rest.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: 50k
xxxxxxxxxxInspiration customs: You show me an image or song, and I'll decide on what comes out from the inspiration.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: 50k
xxxxxxxxxxUnedited Original Character Customs: You choose all the colors and markings.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: 150k
xxxxxxxxxxMinor edited customs: Allowed to ask for scars, or basic jewelry designs. Basically minute additions in order to bring more character to your custom.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: 200k
xxxxxxxxxxMedium edited customs: Allowed to ask for simple hair, physical edits, or more complicated jewelry designs.
xxxxxxxxxx*Simple hair edits are generally short, flippy hair styles.
xxxxxxxxxx*Simple physical edits would be ears, spikes, or a basic tail design such as a feline or canine's tail.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: 300k-500k+ depending on the amount of edits.
xxxxxxxxxxLarge edited customs Allowed to ask for large/detailed hair edits, or complicated physical edits such as wings, or fantasy tails.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: Bribes only for the time being ((at least until I get some free time during my breaks)).
xxxxxxxxxxBribes For when custom slots are not open.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrice: Twice the normal custom price -or- through RL Commissions.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**Disclosure: Cosplays are currently not available for commission.

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Breedings:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Items:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Previews:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Reserved:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Reserved:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Reserved:

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Hiring:

-If you're interested in being a colorist for this shop, please PM me the following things:

-A portfolio: Things you have drawn, or things you have colored. I'd like to see a wide array of examples ranging from your knowledge of animal/tribal designs, innovative blocking/composition and general knowledge of color theory.
-Type of colorist position you are seeking: (i.e: Guest/Part-time/Full-time, and as a Color Only Colorist/Editor/Breeder.
-Current Employment or past resume: If you work at too many places, I may question your commitment to the shop regardless of how skilled you are.

-Requirements:

A colorist must be able to:
-Open PSD Files
-Able to color on a template as big as 1500-1000px canvas size
-Willing to color a minimum of 4 pets a month
-Communicate when things come up in life

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Staffers:

QilinDynasty - Shop Owner, Artist and Colorist

Nickname: Qilin [Kih-lin]
Random facts about her: I am a full time college student. My major is Business Administration with a focus in Accounting.

Art is just a past time for me, something to relieve stress, and I just find it quite enjoyable.

I'm here to talk and make friends with the B/C community as well as practice my art.

User Image
User Image

xxxxx>> >> Links In:
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/qilin-dynasty/t.84048765/][IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q748/QilinDynasty/QilinDynastyBannercopy_zps13609e6d.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

xxxxx>> >> Links Out:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

User Image

xxxxx>> >> QilinDynasty: Lineartist/templater

xxxxx>> >> Pandaphillic: Graphics + Certs
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items