Our Guild
Certs
Owner's list
Growings
Breeding certs
User Image

exclaim News update

02/04/11:

Well, we are currently working on getting this shop back onto its tiny little paws! I have some new important news for everyone. The VERY lovely Purrasha is going to be taking over ownership of Midnald, as the owner and manager. So, please welcome her to her new title with lots of love and smiles as she is the reason Midland is still going to be active. Myself and Chobi will be hiring some new shop help and colorists within the next few weeks, so please keep an eye out. Thank you all for waiting, we love you guys.

Midland Staff.

06/21/10: Hiatus as of July 23rd.

I'm going to be putting things on hold here until I figure out what I need to do to make this shop fun again. I'm going to be hiring new staff and maybe some event managers, too. Thank you all for sticking around, we love you guys so much. All growings and bribes will be posted still, as well as missing certs, but no new work will be done while I go through and fix things in the shop. <3 Thank you all for understanding. - Granny Niblo.

06/21/10: Colorist Choice Customs - See Chobi's page 2 for details.

05/22/10: May breeding raffle!

04.27.10 - If Granny Niblo owes you anything, please post it here!: xXx

04.15.10 - Free Spring Raffle
04.05.10 News update from Granny Niblo:
( ! ) Hello everyone! I know stuff here in Midland has been moving pretty slow, but now that I am all settled in my new home, this shop will start to pick up like before. Please give a HUGE thank you to Chobi, who has kept things alive here durning my time off. I L U Chobi <3

01.06.10 I'm sure you all know we are moving slow right now and we are sorry about that, but we are working on everything we owe. Both Niblo and Chobi have tablet parts that need to replace but are working on getting everything we owe done and sent out, thank you all for understanding. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM the mule. Thanks guys <
Also, Avatar event is in the works, so keep an eye out!

12/30/09: Thanks Kairi our owner's list is up to date!
About certs: Could everyone please post cert requests in the guild? I've had to clean out my inbox and am going to clean the mule's inbox out next. It's very cluttered and hard to keep track of what I have and have not done, and in all truths, I need things to be in one spot. If people PM me certs, I will not cert them. Post them in the guild and I will get around to them as soon as I can. Thank you all!
Next. I have a quest I need to ask you guys, seeing how I am torn; In midland we have four stages in growth:
Kit > coon > bursting coon > Adult
I want to know if people would rather me take out the two coon stages and replace them with a middle 'child' stage for growth. I can sketch them out to show you all too, for a visual ad if need be.
I just feel like the coon stages must put a stop on RP, and maybe this way we can get more RP out of you all?
Let me know what you all think about this?

On a totally unrelated note: Anyone who ordered customs from me, or SS bundles, understand that I'm doing them oner by one, and when I get to your order, you'll know. EVERYTHING I will be done and sent out before Dec. 10th. <3
Thanks again guys! Glad to have a good turnout for the faffle.

11/27/09: 1/3 is going to be holding a Faffle on MONDAY. Grats to all the winners!
Hello everyone! Myself and the staff are well aware that some things where left undone in the old shop, such as certs and would like you to know that we would be more than happy to get you your missing certs! Just PM this mule with your certing information, seeing how no one can log onto the old mule to retrieve the old certing information.
Also, if you have any growths that need to be done, PLEASE PM the mule. Everything will get done, promise.
Any other questions? PM the mule. We are here to help and fix whatever was left undone.

11.29.08- Midland's SS thread is Here!
11.16.8 - Newbie FS; Date: 11.20.08 --OVER!
Past events:
11.06.08 - The lion king event: HERE
09.06.08 - Opening event! Here!
08.27.08 - Set up

User Image
User Image

Note: Rules are subject to change at any time and without prior notification!
User Image
[.] Absolutely no human Cosplays!
[.] Obey Gaia's ToS.
[.] Please PM shop-related questions/comments/concerns to the mule!
[.] Please try to type as clear as you can.
[.] Please be respectful and nice whenever possible; this is our house and you are our guests.
[.] Do not bring drama into the thread.
[.] Do not flame, troll, spam or try to play mod of the shop!
[.] Do not advertise in the thread!
[.] Do not steal, copy or edit any of the art work!
[.] Do not beg or whine for a pet.
[.] Do not hint or whine about breedings or growths.
[.] Do not direct-link; save all of your images to your own server!
[.] Roleplaying is encouraged, but not required!

Mistling Rules:
[.] Mistlings are NOT RP required!
[.] Mistlings can’t fly, even if they have wings.
[.] Mistlings can only have ONE Flyer companion at a time.
[.] Mistlings can communicate with their Flyer, though they don’t speak the same language.

Naming rules:
[.] Names like ‘Jack’ and “Sally” are not acceptable names in Midland. Please don’t ask to use them.
[.] No cultural names, please. We want to keep this as earthy as possible.
[.] Before your Mistling can be certed you must post your name request in the guild! The tread can be found here.
[.] When twins are born, the name of the first child will be flipped to make the name of the second, for example; ‘CloverField’ will be turned into ‘FieldClover.'

User Image

Q: What’s a Mistling?
A: Mistlings are mice-like creatures that live in Midland!

Q: Any humans in Midland?
A: No. Never. What is a 'hooman'?

Q: Why are they called Mistlings?
A: Well, Midland is covered in a soft mist, so I decided to call them Mistlings!

Q: How can I get one?
A: Through Flatsales, events and customs; sometimes we will do free giveaways too.

Q: What’s a Flyer?
A: A flyer is a common bird in Midland that Mistlings can own and ride.

Q: If I own a Flyer, will I still be a newbie?
A: Yes. Even though they have three stages, Flyers are still only Familiars, so you will be a newbie until you own a Mistling.

Q: Can I own a Flyer without a Mistling?
A: Yes, of course!

Q: Do I have to RP my Mistling and Flyer?
A: No, but the more you RP, the better the perks are!

Q: Should I PM you if I want to guest color?
A: Nope. If we want someone to quest color, we will make an announcement about it.

User Image

Names can be the ultimate way to express who you are in Midland! Please look over all of the Naming rules and information carefully. Names come from nature, animals and colors.

Names in Midland often come from the earth and its surroundings. In tradition, a lot of the time names are two parts long, but in some rare cases that it can be split up into three, or one.

When a baby is born without father, that child will only have one name. Same goes for any baby born without parents to care for it.

With longer names, they can be split up into three parts;

For example, “RedEarth Fire”

Red and Earth can be combined to make one first name, and Fire will be pushed back into the second part of the name. When a Mistling is small, most of the time they will be called by just the first name they were given, such as “RedEarth” (dropping the “Fire” at the end)--- but when they grow and mature after the Sac stage, fully grown Mistlings will be called by the full name given to them at birth.

When a new baby is born in Midland, both the mother and father pick a name for it. The mother’s pick always goes first and the father’s is last. So, if the mother wanted to name the baby “Mossy” and the father wanted to name it “Hideaway,” the baby's name would be “Mossy Hideaway.”

User Image
User Image
User Image

Midland‘s vast mountain of marble encased a region of grass of the finest shades and hues, where the sky is laced with the soft mist of the majestic waterfalls that cascade down the mountain’s range. A world in itself-- of trees that touch the stars, large mushrooms and flowers that create endless rainbows of color. Midland is a world of enchantment, isolated by Fawn’s Mountain Range, untouched by civilized hands, left alone to grow in its natural state.

Shroom Hallow: Dimly lit and walled in a semi-circle by the mountains of Fawn, Shroom Hallow has gone many decades unseen and untouched. Though the towering fungi can be seen on any hill top in Midland, mistlings have forever viewed this place as far too dangerous to enter alone or even at all.

It is only with the recent discovery of the Lightfly that has prompted the youth to explore and given the older mistlings reason to enter.

Several streams flow throughout the Hallow, known for the glow beneath their surfaces and gawked at for the clarity and mystery each has. Shroom Hallow also houses many lagoons, some leading to underground caverns that neither flyer nor mistling could ever enter. It is at these lagoons that one may find small waterfalls, and more often then not will find lovely gardens to go with it. For reasons unknown, gaps in the canopy are made and give light to the fragile flowers that grow in this dark part of Midland.

Due to a constant mist and, of course, the wide mushroom caps in the sky, sunlight is rarely found outside of when it is on the lagoons and what does manage to pass through is only seen because of dead mushrooms up above. Acting like trees to a forest, these mushrooms are what make up Shroom Hallow's 'wood'. Below the wide caps of fungi, the grounds are covered in green, green grass and where the plant life does not grow the rich brown soil is exposed. Here you may find a lightfly or two, but let it be known; no mistling can capture these wild critters. Due to shyness, a lightfly will not make itself known unless it is sure no one else is around.

Many mistlings as well as flyers believe these lightfly's are what light up the waters since it is known that they light up the Hallow itself.

User Image

User Image

Mistlings are mice-like creatures that live in Midland.

There are two types of Mistling breeds, long tailed and shot tailed. Long tailed Mistlings have long lion like tails with tuffs at the end. Short tailed Mistlings have small deer like tails.

The Kit: When a Mistling is tiny they are often very simple in color and markings. A young Mistling will spend a lot of its time in the meadows of Midland, enjoying its short lived youth.

The Child: At the stage the Mistling will start to show markings, but not mutations; life can be hard for a child! Young Mistlings have tons of playroom!

The Adult Mistling: Once the Mistling is free you will be able to see its new coat and markings, and possibly even some physical changes too! It’s common in Midland for Mistlings to randomly grow horns or wings during the changing process, though this doesn’t happen for everyone. Sometimes the way you look going in is the way you look coming out.

Common physical changes

Can be found Here!

User Image
User Image

User Image User Image User Image

Light Fly: Light flies are very friendly and love to buzz about with gossip! They enjoy being around Mistlings and make for a fun and resourceful companion to camp with. They are very common in the forests of Midland.

Fuzzy Worm: Fuzzy Worms can be tricky with their ways, but if you befriend one you’ll never regret it. Fuzzy Worms are responsible for the cocoons here in Midland. When a young Mistling goes into a long rest the Fuzzy Worms encase them in protective sacs.

Chirper: Chirps are often sweet and loving, but try to befriend them at a young age, older Chirps can often have a nasty vocabulary.

User Image

Flyer stages

The Flyer: A Flyer is a bird companion that can be used as means of transportation around Midland.

User Image

Stages of a Flyer

The Egg: Every flyer starts out as an egg, duh! Eggs can be found all throughout Midland during the summer, but it is best never to take a wild Flyer egg from its nest--you never know what trouble you may get into that way. The Egg is to be looked after carefully until hatching.
(Stage time: 1-3 days)

The Fledgling: After your egg has hatched it is very important that the Flyer attaches itself to a Mistling right away! A young Flyer will learn to love and adore their Mistling companion, and this is key to the relationship your Flyer will need to build in order for it to trust a Mistling 100%. A Flyer that doesn’t trust its Mistling won’t be of much help at all. Young Flyers are just learning to fly!
(Stage time: 1-7 days)

The Flyer: When a Flyer reaches adulthood it can finally fly! Most Mistlings will use this to help move around Midland--Flyers make for good transportation, remember? Adult Flyers can also find a mate and breed. Once your Flyer has reached adulthood, it’s pretty much a lifetime duty to care for it. A Flyer that is loved is a happy Flyer indeed!

User Image
User Image

User Image

Flat Sales:
[.] Flat sales can occur at any given time, it’s up to how the colorist feels! But a warning will be given before the flat sale takes place.
[.] You must show interest in the thread prior to participating in the flat sale!
[.] The flat sale begins when ToMidLand says GO. Posts made before the go post will be ignored.
[.] Everything is first come, first serve.
[.] Absolutely no editing of any posts made after the "GO".
[.] You may only get one Mistling per sale.
[.] You may give the Mistling you won away.
[.] Not all flat sales will be speed based, some require you to reply to an RP prompt.
[.] Proxying is allowed, but you may only try for one (either for yourself or for someone else). You may not proxy for someone who is present in the thread at the time.
[.] Winners must send a trade of 5K within 24 hours to the mule or you will not receive your pet's image/cert.
[.] All items are accepted at Mid-Tektek; the average buy price.

Raffles:
Raffles occur sporadically.
[.] Raffle rules vary with the raffle. Please read them and pay attention!

Auctions:
Auctions occur sporadically.
[.] Starting bid will always be 5k.
[.] Most of the time there will not be an AB, but it will be listed if there is.
[.] All shop rules still apply.

User Image
User Image

User Image

Types of Customs:

Speed Customs

These slots works a lot like your regular speed flat sale. There will be 5 slots opened for each colorist, and a date and time announced, usually between three and five days in advance. If you want a custom that time around then you should show up!

The mule will post a "GO!" and after the go you will post "I would like a custom slot." followed by the colorist you want to do your custom. It's that simple! Afterwards, the colorists will post the winners. Everyone that won a custom slot will post their custom form in their respective colorists' thread in the guild.

All custom forms will be kept this way to keep things organized, and to help log past orders and keep track of what has been done and what needs to be done.

Note: You may only go for one custom per speed-custom.

Open Customs

After a prompt from the mule, for a full 24 hours, both colorists' custom slots will be open and everyone can send in a form to the shop mule. After the 24 hours has passed the colorists will pick five customs each that they would like to do. They will post the winners in the guild and quote the winners in the main thread and on the front page.

Make them interesting, and try your luck!

Note: You may send in as many custom forms as you'd like, though this doesn't necessarily mean that the colorist will pick all, or any of them!

User Image

Note: Prices are subject to revision based on supply and demand.

Mistling Customs
[.] A natural colored kit: 100k
[.] A natural colored adult: 90k [adult stage only]

[.] An unnatural colored kit: 130k
[.] An unnatural colored adult: 110k [adult stage only]
+ Edits will bump the prices up.

Flyer Customs: Adults only right now!
[.] A natural colored adult Flyer: 80k [adult stage only]
[.] A unnatural colored adult Flyer: 90k [adult stage only]
+ No edits allowed.

Familiar customs
[.] Custom Lightfly: 5k
[.] Custom Fuzzyworm: 5k
[.] Custom Chirper: 5k
+ No edits allowed on the Lightfly

Flatsale prices
[.] Mistling or Flyer adult: 5k
[.] Fuzzyworm or Chirper: 2k
[.] Lightfly: 1k
+ Add 1k if it's growing. Add xk for unnatural colours.

[.] Natural colors: Browns, green, orangey-reds, red, black, yellows, pinks, gold, silver.
[.] Unnatural colors: Bright pink/hot pink, blue, purple, rainbow, neon colors.

If you have a question about the colors, prices, or any other part of the customs, please let us know!

User Image
User Image

User Image

Breeding payment: 10k; this can be split up between each owner, so long as it all goes to the mule in one trade. Please note what breeding pair you are sending the payment for in the trade title (ex; Parent1 x Parent2).

[.] Male x female breeding only.
[.] Each parent must have two complete RP logs (10-15 posts) ; one of the RPs must be between both partners.
[.] Each time you breed your Mistling, you will need entirely new RP logs.
[.] No NPC breeding(s) allowed. Sorry folks!
[.] You may only keep one kit from a breeding each time.
[.] You can give the offspring away to friends or hold RP contests for them through the shop. Just let the staff know before you do it.
[.] You may NOT sell the offspring or do 'pet trades'; anyone found doing this will be banned from Midland.

(!) Mistlings can have up to six kits a littler.
(!) Flyers can have up to three eggs a sitting.

If you don’t RP and would like to breed, the payment will be the same, but the litter number will be cut down into one half of what the normal number is.
* So, Mistlings that DON’T RP can have up to three kits.

A dice roll will determine the number offspring each pair will have. Once the dice is rolled we will PM you with the number you have on the way.

[b]Breeding form[/b]:
[b]Mother's image[/b]:
[b]Father's image:[/b]
[b]RP Link[/b]: link

When the babies are born

You'll be PMed the babies when they arrive. After you get the required information gathered you will need to fill out this form and send it to the Mule; if you don't your new babies won’t be certed.

[b]Image:
Name:
Owner:
DoB:[/b]

User Image
The Staff

User Image

Chobi & Niblo = Owners & lovers of Midland.

Granny Niblo
Dislikes: Having to give his wee babes away!
Owner colorist, editor, breeder, bossman who does pimping.

Chobi
Dislikes: Not being able to flirt! >D
Owner colorist, breeder, editor, undercover lover #1

Shia Bean
Likes: Nuts and beans, all fruits and veggies, flowers, sunlight, light breezes, helping, telling stories, seasons spring and fall, rain, singing.
Dislikes: Rain, thiefs, her items being messed with without her knowing.
Part-time pimp colorist, editor, breeder, ladyboss #1

GO HERE!

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Link back to us?

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/midland-auction-2-hb-1mill-certs-65/t.55666033_1/][img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff354/ToMidland/88x31_2.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces