Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unicorn

*** I'M A BITTER WEED ***

[b]YOUR_USERNAME_HERE:[/b] Dandelion, Thistle.

What makes you so tough: I rolled really high for my Constitution score.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Amizade
I... I haven't entered the bitter weeds game because I am overthinking it. UGH. WHY. STOP BRAIN. >:

just be hilarious, it's the way to go lol

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

[b]FrostyPeaches:[/b] Dandelion, Thistle

What makes you so tough: I can shovel snow and mow the lawn real fast (10-15min) on my own for my parents. includes snow that's as tall and taller than me. oh the joy of canadaland winter /sarcasm

Liberal Lunatic

[b]Duke of Donut:[/b] Dandelion, Thistle

What makes you so tough: In spite of neverending lines of stupidity, I can remain chipper and somehow not kill retail customers. 8| come at me bro

Beloved Shapeshifter

[b]Tygress Dream:[/b]Dandelion, Thistle

What makes you so tough: Through the crazy life throws at me I continue to keep rolling and stay strong and supportive for my family and friends. Caring makes me strong.

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

[b]Dizzy_Kat:[/b] Dandelion, Thistle

What makes you so tough: I refuse to crumble from my mistakes. They are things I have done, not things that I am.

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

[b]Chrystali:[/b] Thistle, Dandelion

What makes you so tough: I'm not tough at all -- just stubborn as nails!

Wrathful Shapeshifter

[b]Shaddaling:[/b] Thistle, Dandalin

What makes you so tough: Sort of gross but, I crushed part of my finger off between a bossy and a cooler wall. Didn't panic and made less of a fuss then my manager. All I was like was .. oww, when they were filling it with gel.

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

[b]Blinded By Silence:[/b] Thistle - Dandelion

What makes you so tough: I'm so tough, Wal-Mart wanted to make me a Customer Service Manager because I made the angry people calm their tits.

LOLLl qAq's Bae

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

[b]LOLLI qAq:[/b] Dandelion

What makes you so tough: I'm just that awesome.

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

*** WILDFLOWER HIPPIES ***

Usernames: Ruriska, Chrystali, Aric Val, SilverShieldwolf
Mission Statement: They are smiling death. The Mourning Glory believe all flowers hold the soul’s of departed kin. They revere flowers, cultivating them into large fields and spending long hours contemplating their beauty. But they have other skills, ones you would not quite expect when looking from the outside. Those in the know come to them for deadly poisons. The tribe members pooled their skills and knowledge and know well how to kill anyone and anything, you just need the right ingredients. It is an honour they say. They don’t fear death. They will send you to the afterlife and will be glad that your soul shall soon settle in a flower, blooming in the Swamp for all the enjoy.

Other Info:

Tribe Name: The Mourning Glory

Area: A once barren area of land at the edge of the Swamp has been transformed into a blooming meadow. The tribe likes to travel around the Swamp and many of them are often gone for long periods of time, collecting new seeds and ingredients. But at least one can always be found at The Meadow.

Other: All the tribe members have experienced loss of some kind. They are encouraged to find the flower the represents their dearly departed and to wear them constantly, as to keep the soul of their loved one close.

There is no Tribe Leader. If decisions need to be made, they whole group sits in counsel until a consensus is reached. Taking on a job is up to an individual’s own discretion. However they are expected to share any payment (especially food) they receive with everyone else.

They are a very welcoming tribe; however actually joining is extremely difficult. They expect Kin to prove they believe in everything the Tribe preaches. If they suspect someone is trying to join only so they can poison others, they will refuse entry. They bring death because it is beautiful, not because they enjoy it.

The Tribe supplies only. They give the made poison to whoever has ordered it with instructions. Whether it is administered or not is then up the customer.

The Tribe holds regular ‘flower viewing’ parties, here they tell stories of their loved once and encourage visitors to do the same. They are always keen to help others get over their grief by sharing their beliefs and helping them find their ‘soul flower’.

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

*** FLOWERING TREES ***
Preference list: Apple, Cherry, Crabapple, Lemon

Myth/Story: In the beginning, there was life: a beautiful, flourishing font of power that we know as The MotherFather.

With life came the dawn of all things, fertility and growth, an awakening from nothingness that celebrated the very essence of being. From this existence came the Kimeti, a creation in the MotherFather's image to make a mark on this lush thing called life. This time later became known as Spring, the celebration of new life.

As time passed, there became an obvious flaw in the design of eternal growth: nothing matured, nothing died, nothing started anew. It is then that the MotherFather beset upon the most important change in this great scheme of things, and created the Kiokote. They were more hale than their Kimeti brethren and were uncomfortable in the dense land of constant renewal, and with hearty hooves, they left the home of the MotherFather and created their own stretch of land, a place that boasted the MotherFather's life giving properties but with maturity of the land and an end of the heavy, swampy air. This became the most important change of the seasons, for it brought about Summer, an end to the eternal life and instead a celebration of its maturity from growth. It was pivotal for the land to survive without the rot of too much growth upon itself and to take a step outside of what was known into something more. The land prospered, but it too would only last for so long.

The heat from the land of the Kiokote and the end of growth could only herald a loss of life, and already seeing the cycle, the MotherFather created the delicate Acha. These spry lovers learned of Spring and Summer and took the tales to their own land, an endless stretch of golden sand that was not affected by either the fertility of Spring nor the maturation of Summer. Daintier than their older siblings but with no end of grace, they became the bearers of Autumn, a celebration of what was and its passing into something greater, the beauty of such no less than when it was full of life.

With the passing of all things, all the kin felt that it couldn't simply be the end, and naturally, the MotherFather already knew what to do next. Birthing the Totoma, made of sterner stuff than its previous kin, the strong, proud kin made their home in the coldest tundra known, surviving by separating themselves in how they called their names and how their children were born. The Totoma created the most necessary season of Winter, a time to wipe the slate of life clean, treacherous as it might be. They were made to persevere and the MotherFather was made proud by their dangerous and generous contribution. Even the coldest snow could not last forever, and in time, when it reached the land of the Kimeti, it thawed, and allowed the land to regenerate and awaken from its deep slumber.

And thus, the MotherFather saw her children in harmony, self-reliant and prospering in the land they'd claimed for themselves. Thus the seasons were born, and the MotherFather was able to withdraw his presence from their lives and let them live as they pleased, ever closest to her Swamp-born.

Told by: Sacred Grove
Other Info: Ascent felt like the only one of my herd who had the best grasp on seasonal discussions. XD Ascent would also have stories for the other races as they're revealed (such as the Zikwa) that aren't relevant to the seasons but tie into other aspects of life. If I were to win, I feel like the Kiokote should continue in the tradition of storytelling and collect stories from each of the races and tribes, like a living compendium of existence as kin know it. I would absolutely aim for Ascension and use the same method of their growth (stories and their outcome/consequence) as an exchange for blessings!

Minsuil's Prince

Devoted Hoarder

[b]thyPOPE:[/b] Thistle, dandelion.

What makes you so tough: I thrive the most under pressure.

Chrystali's Partner

Mega Cub

*** FLOWERING TREES ***
Preference list: cherry, apple, crabapple, lemon

Myth/Story: Dark Descent didn't speak much, lifting his weary head up at those who cared to listen. He had a -- gentle look on his face, despite the harsh white lines that laced his lips. With his bright knowing eyes, he started his tale.

"They said that before, it was always spring in the land. Every day flowers bloomed, the creatures of the land sang and danced and drank of the many beautiful pleasures that the sun gave them, bright and blissful, every kin was happy. Well, except for one.

He was a kimeti who stayed out of the sun, hated it, waiting for the sun to fall so that he wouldn't be touched by the golden light. It physically hurt him. And he thought the MotherFather had cursed him with this for he wasn't worthy. He was never to sing with the birds, run with the eaglehounts, admire the hawks in the sky --- he only deserved the night. When everything was calm, kin slept with the hope of a bright tomorrow. What he'd never have. They spoke of this buck like he was fearsome, scary, dangerous. But he merely kept to himself, the words spoken of him only helped him in his preferred isolation.

But you see, life brings us many surprises, somethings we thought we'd never have, we'd never feel ---" The dark acha lowered his head for a moment there, pausing, a hint of a smile appearing. "We feel."

"And he fell in love. With a bright flower that he knew-- he wasn't worthy of. But he desperately seeked her, every day he would visit her in her sleep, of course he could not wake her for she was the sun and he was the moon. And they would never meet.

Every night he would ask the MotherFather for merely a day-- one day that he could be with her, to let her know of his feelings. Only one day, and he would be complete. And the MotherFather had taken pity on this poor kimeti. The next morning he had woken, he felt a chill that he had never felt before, it hurt -- yet he could see that the sun was not out. With no hesitation he ran to where he knew he would find the doe. And that was when the moon met the sun. They fell in love. The doe, full of life fell for the buck who kept in the shadows. And the MotherFather was kind for they birthed the season of winter for them. Not a time of sadness or mourning but a time when things may start anew."

And Descent was smiling at this moment.

Told by: As told by Dark Descent, who is based on hades.
Other Info: It definitely touches on the story of Hades and Persephone but changed fairly much from the original. Descent definitely relates. XD

Stubborn Strategist

*** FLOWERING TREES ***
Preference list: cherry, apple, lemon, crabapple

Myth/Story: Each year is the telling of my naming dream in slow motion.

When I slept before I was alive, I watched over a section of the swamp, seeing in all directions at all moments. I could not move, but the land changed around me. I saw a whole year pass in a few fleeting moments, and then another and another, just watching the transformations that one single place could see.

Maybe it sounds sad that the clearest part I remember is the sound of all the living creatures around us fading into quiet each time the cold comes. One small glade filled with the symphony of thousands - birds, insects, frogs, and my fellow kin - slipping into that profound silence of a world muffled by snow. That time is not to be feared, though. It is just a time of rest and regrowth, that comes with that silence.

This time of year shows the wonderful fruits of the sleep of winter. The reeds and plants push taller. All of the singers and musicians of the swamp return for the change to summer, tuning and preparing for their chorus to last the season until the days grow short again. Even their songs trade off in cycle, with different players day and night, to remind us that everything changes, but all comes full circle.

I love the summer, with the sun coaxing fog from the waters, and the evening storms showering us with rain. Maybe this time of year, my name should be Silence for Songs instead. Sing my name backwards for the longest of days, and revel in the symphonies of short summer lives before winter comes again.

Told by: Songs for Silence
Other Info: Been meaning to write her naming dream for a while, and the prompt helped me finally get something into words =3=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff