Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Man-Lover

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Tara de Draiocht[/b] // Tabacco tequila&flaming pepper, pear elder flower martini&Pansy, cinnamon apple whiskey & wheat, pear drop&Pear, Grape Coconut & grape, spiced apple cider & clove, pear nectar mimosa&thyme, ginger apple martini & chocolate apple, fig fashioned & rosemary, ginger drop & cranberry, gingered apple sparkler & cherry.

Entry: Hocus Pocus Fizz
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (or 1/2 cup rum)
1/4 teaspoon Imitation Coconut Extract
3 drops McCormick® Red Food Coloring
2 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Coloring
1 bottle Welches® sparkling white grape juice (or sparkling white wine)
Cranberries (optional)
2 tablespoons sugar
5 drops red food coloring
5 drops yellow food coloring

What is looks like:
User Image

method here: http://www.karaspartyideas.com/2013/10/hocus-pocus-fizz-recipe-non-alcoholic-or-alcoholic.html

Straye's Fangirl

Devoted Cultist

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Ruler of Everything[/b] // Fall apple sangria, pear nectar mimosa, pear elder flower martini, fig fashioned, ginger apple martini, ginger drop, grape coconut refresher, cinnamon apple whiskey, pear drop, gingered apple sparkler, tobacco tequila, spiced apple cider

Entry: El Diablo
1.5 oz. tequila
.5 oz. crème de cassis
.5 oz. lime juice
Ginger beer

Combine tequila, crème de cassis, and lime huice in ice-filled shaker, strain into ice-filled old fashioned glass, and add ginger beer to top it all off.

Also: squeeee at my first Matope~

hybridic's Bae

Magical Girl

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]phoenix kiss[/b] // pear elder flower martini, ginger drop, fig fashioned, gingered apple sparkler, grape coconut refresher, pear nectar mimosa, spiced apple cider, cinnamon apple whiskey, ginger apple martini

Entry: Ramos Gin Fizz -- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) gin, 1 dash (3 to 4 drops) orange blossom water, 1 large egg white, 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) half-and-half, 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup, 1 cup ice cubes, 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) seltzer -- In large cocktail shaker, combine gin, orange blossom water, egg white, half-and-half, lemon juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 25 seconds. Add ice and shake for 30 seconds more. Strain mixture into 8-ounce glass. Slowly pour soda water down inside edge of shaker to loosen remaining froth. Gently ease soda water/froth mix onto drink and serve.

Bear

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Soldier of Song[/b] // gingered apple sparkler + cherry / tobacco tequila + flaming pepper / fall apple sangria + lemon / fig fashioned + rosemary / grape coconut refresher + grape / spiced apple cider + clove

Entry: *~The Papa Doble~*
  • 2 ounces white rum
  • 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
  • 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice
  • 1/4 ounce simple syrup

EDIT: Oh also!! I have a question about the Dryad contest. Probably a dumb one, but I just want to be super-super sure before I start typing anything: Does the tree-kin in the myth necessarily have to be a Totoma like the pictured prizes, or could it be any other race?

Human Human

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Amorpheous[/b] // Grape Coconut Refresher, Pear Nectar Mimosa, Pear Elder Flower Martini, Pear Drop, Fig Fashioned, Ginger Drop, Fall Apple Sangria

Entry:

Golden Jasmine Martini
serves 2, vegan, gluten-free

1 heaped teaspoon jasmine green tea
      boiling water
      3 or 4 ice cubes
      2 measures vodka (or gin) be as generous as you’re feeling, about 100 ml should do it
      1 tbsp 15 ml sugar syrup or honey
      jasmine flowers to garnish

Hello, yes. I am the most predictable thing ever.

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Mindsend signing in!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TALE OF THE DRYADS!

ENTRY:

A story is said that there once was a small family of Totomata who were on a quest to venture into the forested, but had stopped at a lone tree in the plains to shelter when their daughters leg was injured. Still unnamed, though reaching the age where her actions would choose it, her older brother teased her affectionately that she would end up being named as something along the lines of “Can’t See the Forest” if she kept hurting herself too much in her attempts to keep earn her name.

First the father went forward to scout out the area while they rested, but never returned. Concerned, the mother left to find him after several days, but she too vanished. A week later, her brother took her aside, “Stay here, whatever happens, do not come looking for me, and do not lose sight of this tree; defend it if you must. I’ll go find our parents” then, after sharing a gentle head-butt, running off into the distance.

Days became weeks, Weeks became months, the young doe exploring her surroundings, but always returning to her tree, wishing to keep her families desires alive. As Months moved into years, it soon no longer mattered to the mare that she may never see the forest, and took the name her brother had stated as a name of honor – She Can’t see the Forest for she was too determined to protect the wishes of her herd and defend her territory from threats.

Seasons passed and the tree became more than a marker, but became a friend and companion. It shielded Forest from cold winds and rain, bared fruit that was both delicious and attracted prey for her to hunt, and its branches and leaves creaked and groaned, and she pretended it was talking so she could share in its conversation to keep herself from going mad from the isolation.

Years pass and she protected it from harm just as it protected her from it, but she grew lonely and bored. Unwilling to give up her defense however, the doe closed her eyes one night, wishing that she could take the tree with her and venture onward to see more of the world, or that, at least, it could talk, truly talk, to her, as she closed her eyes to sleep.

That morning she woke to a slow crackling groan that quickly turned into a roar as she took off with a start away from the roots as they tore from their earthly shackles. Her heart broke when she turned, in time to see the mighty tree crash into its side with a flurry of orange leaves.

Then something miraculous happened as the wood split open down the trunk, and a stallion hopped up from inside, shaking himself from his woody antlers to the tip of his wooly tail. However her first reaction was to charge, slamming him off of the trunk and onto the ground, “Did you do this to my Tree?!”

Laying on his back, the buck looked up in confusion at her towering form, “Not… Not exactly. You wished I could come with you and we could talk…” He rolled forwards, pushing her back as he did so, orange leaves clinging to the branches of his antlers, “You’re love and devotion to me and your family made me change…”

“By staying together, I can defend you as you continue to defend me, and you can keep to your promises and family alive by doing so, and I can see more of the world with you.”

Forest pondered this. As surreal as it was, it seemed the buck was telling the truth. And it was exactly what she had wished for. No longer alone, they’d be able to face many foes, and do great feats and, in some way, still be able to defend her tree. Finally she nodded, “Then we should go! But first, what is your name?”

The dark stallion smiled, shaking his antlers once more as he walked past her, “I’ve already answered one question, as well as having been felled twice by your desires, so at the very least you must give me your name first..”

“Fair enough.” Turning, she walked alongside him.

“Can’t See the Forest…”
“…From the Trees.”

Soq Certing Thread | Soq Plots | Soq Singles
My Flock Plots | Plot Resources

Mindsend signing out~

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Araucana[/b] // fig fashioned + rosemary, fall apple sangria + lemon, pear nectar mimosa + thyme, pear elder flower martini + pansy, ginger apple martini + chocolate apple, pear drop + pear, cinnamon apple whiskey + wheat, gingered apple sparkler + cherry, grape coconut refresher + grape, spiced apple cider + clove, ginger drop + cranberry, tobacco tequila + flaming pepper.

Entry:
emotion_kirakira Fruit Tingle! emotion_kirakira
Equal parts Blue Curacao (aka my favourite liquor!) and Vodka.
Dash of Raspberry Cordial or Grenadine. Top up with Lemonade.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
TALE OF THE DRYADS!

ENTRY:
"Have you ever heard of the weeping willow that came to life?" Giveforward asked. An autumn shower was pouring and she had sought dry ground under a large tree with a buck until the rain might lessen.

"Trees are already alive," the buck scoffed.

Giveforward sighed, "Well this one came more to life. It pulled itself free of the ground and moved."

"Who wants a moving weeping willow? Oak trees are far superior anyway." (What a grouch!)

"You said you wanted a story. Any story." The look was pointed and when the buck lay his head down she began.

"It began in the desert with the birth of an acha. In the dead of night his egg cracked and he pushed his way into the world. He was last to arrive and it was great work to nose his way into the pile of siblings who had hatched days before. He twisted and turned, fitted himself as best he could into the pile beside his mother, and slept.

Hours later when the sun rose and the warm rays fell on the newborn acha, he screamed. His voice sent a shock through the newborns, into his mother, as he cried and shrieked and whimpered. It was not long until it was a chorus of cries the mother acha had to fret over. With a gentle nose and sharp eyes, she checked over each little one. Until she came to her newest one and as soon he was in his mother's shadow, his cries ceased. 'How strange,' she mused and then laughed. The little one must have just wanted some attention. But it was not attention he needed for every time the sun fell on him, he cried."

Oakheart eyed the doe; lips pressed tight as he listened.

"It took many attempts to ease the newborn's distress but it only ever lasted when the sun could not touch him. And as he grew, it became more difficult. She had other children to nurture. She could not stand all day to provide shade for one son but she could not abandon him either. It was with difficulty that she tried to do both. During the day she found ways to provide her youngest with shelter, where he slept through the sun's harshness, while her other children frolicked. At night, when he was spared the pain of sunlight, she tried to stay awake to play with him. But it took a toll on her and a resentment brewed inside her other children for their youngest sibling. So it was with great fortune that the doe's own mother appeared one evening.

The elder doe greeted her daughter and grandchildren. As night fell, she watched the newborn, and told her daughter of the swamp. 'I need to see it for myself before I die,' she said. 'In my dreams, there are trees for shade. Your newborn can travel with me there.' And the mother agreed. So it was that she bid her mother goodbye and left her youngest son in her care."

"Just like that, huh? What a--" the buck began to grouse but was stopped by a crash of thunder. He frowned as the rain came down harder. And the doe continued on as if he had said nothing at all.

"While was sun was awake, the grandmother used her body to hide her grandson from the sun. At night, when the desert sun slumbered, they journeyed to the swamp. It was a long and arduous journey but as the desert gave way to plains, there were more places for the newborn to seek shelter."

"All right, they journey from the desert through the plains to the swamp. Moving on?"

Giveforward sighed. She had thought her niece-daughter difficult to tell stories to but this buck was far more cross and surly. Although she supposed she'd be short-tempered, too, if a boar had nearly gored her.

"Moving on," she acquiesced. "The swamp was altogether different from the desert, different too from the plains, but the grandson was instantly amazed at the dense canopy that could shield him from the sun. The grandmother made it her duty to find him the perfect place to call home. It was a crane's call that led her to the weeping willow. A tree with an expanse of thin branches and leaves that could protect her grandson from all sides. It was there she left him after a short week of teaching and playing and explanation.

Alone for the first time, the acha fell into a routine. Dawn signaled the time to curl up next to the grand tree's trunk and sleep. When night fell, he ventured out slow and began to explore. It did not take long to realize there was far more to the swamp than night allowed him to see. And for whatever reason, his tree seemed not to be near any kin. He was not used to being alone and he cried, short sniffles that became soundless gasps. He pressed his nose to the tree's trunk and wished it could move. He could not see the crane that peeked it's head down through the willow's leaves but as the acha slept, it pressed its beak close and hummed.

The next eve when the acha began to explore, shoulders slumped and head low, the weeping willow pulled its great roots up from the ground. Glee filled the acha as the tree followed him through the swamp. And though it gained him no friends, for kin were quite frightened of the lumbering willow, he was happy."

"Happiness doesn't last," the buck frowned.

"If we were never unhappy, we'd never know we were happy," she smiled. "So, yes, unfortunately the acha, one night, led the willow to a part of the swamp were trees were withering. It was only one day that the acha slumbered and the willow stood rooted in soil that was rampant with bacteria. And though the acha left when the sun sank, it was more than enough time for the willow tree to fall ill. It was slow to show but eventually black spots began to form on once green leaves. The weeping became more pronounced as the tree withered and once more the acha cried. The tree, after all, was his only friend. His shelter and home. He did wish to lose it. He wished and he begged and he pleaded that it would live. Indeed he offered that it could have his life for it was his own fault the tree became ill.

There was no tree when he woke. Only a crane. It regarded the acha and in a reedy tone, 'You have a choice. You can become immune to the sun's harshness or you can have your tree.' Instantly the acha's voice returned, 'Please, I only want my tree.' And the crane nodded, smiled, and sang. The acha's vision watered and wavered and eventually went black."

Oakheart jolted, "What!? What d'ya mean it went black!? It killed him!?"

Giveforward's ears tilted back as she laughed, "How pessimistic! No, the crane didn't kill him. It merely put him to sleep for awhile."

"Oh." The brown fur did little to hide the flush of red.

"When the acha awake, he was no longer alone. The crane had gone but in it's place was a large kin covered in dark knotted fur. It was the horns that gave it away for they were each like a weeping willow tree: thick trunks that shot up, curved gracefully, and weeped fluttering branches covered in leaves. The acha gaped and the tree, laughed. Shock gave way to delight and the acha, always small and slight, found he could walk under his tree as he always had for it was so tall. In choosing the tree, the crane had given a gift to them both that they might enjoy day as well as night. After that, they never parted. And it was a long life. A joyous life; together."

Oakheart was quiet but eventually, "A better story than I thought it would be. An oak tree would have been better though."

What a hard buck to please!
Woo, a dozen entries for Gift Swap so far biggrin

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

Kick up the sand
        In a distant dream.
        Never stay for too long.
        Desert wind in your mane,
        Love is so fleeting
        In a distant dream.
        North of the sea, south of the sun,
        Going to lands far beyond.

this was also harder than i thought it would be...

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

double post bc i am a loser

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
        [b]Minsuil[/b] // Ginger Drop, Spiced Apple Cider, Pear Elder Flower Martini, Gingered Apple Sparkler, Pear Drop, Fig Fashioned

Entry: Sake Mojito
          + 6 Mint leaves, 1 mint sprig
          + 1 TSPN Sugar
          + 1 Lime, cut into wedges
          + Ice
          + 5 ounces (good) sake
          + 1 ounce chilled club soda

Anxious Animal

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Kaluna Skunk[/b] // cinnamon apple, fall apple, pear nectar, pear drop, spiced apple, ginger apple martini, gingered apple sparkler, tobacco tequila, reroll

Entry: This is a drink I made up myself a long time ago! It's still my favorite.

Watermelon Jolly Rancher - watermelon smirnoff vodka mixed with cherry 7up, optionally put sour gummy watermelons in it too.

Baneful's Wife

Sugary Marshmallow

COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Toshihiko Two[/b] // pear elder flower martini, ginger drop, grape coconut refresher

Entry:
Cran Slam

Red wine (any, merlot, whatever)
put some Northland cranberry juice in it (important because this is actually cranberry juice and not sugar water).

Sounds barbaric, tastes good. Enjoy!

StarieMichie's Widow

Big Wife

Doesn't sound barbaric at all, cranberry and wine are natural playmates! Cranberry wine is really good, if you can find it.

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
COCKTAIL TICKET PLEASE!
[b]Huni Pi[/b] // Tobacco Tequila+Flaming Pepper, Grape Coconut Refresher+Grape, Ginger drop+Cranberry, Fig Fashioned+Rosemary, Spiced Apple Cider+Clove, Cinnamon Apple Whiskey+Wheat, Gingered Apple Sparkler+Cherry

Entry: Shirley Temple
Ice
1 tbsp. grenadine
½ cup lemon-lime soda
¼ cup orange juice
1 maraschino cherry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers