Welcome to Gaia! ::

People Counter

I'm Here 0.35570469798658 35.6% [ 53 ]
Count Me! 0.15436241610738 15.4% [ 23 ]
*waves Hand in the air* 0.48993288590604 49.0% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 149 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 900 901 902 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Hi everyone! Welcome to the place of the Alardans! Please feel free to browse, and look around! For those who have pets, remember to place your name and personality in the Naming Thread. That way, I can find it easier, and it doesn't become lost somewhere in the pages of the shop. If you are new here, we welcome you to chat, and see what the people are like here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We promise we don't bite. Well, not too hard at least. xd Make sure to check out our guild!

User Image

User Image

1. Welcome
2. Updates
3. Rules and FAQ
4. Story, and Map for RP
5. Stages
6. Familiars
7. Custom Pricing
8. Breeding Pricing
9. Availability (FS, Auctions, Slots, etc)
10. Events
11. Item Shop
12. Owners List
13. Employees
14. Greyscale
15. Affiliates

Page 2
EVENTS
1. Auctions
2. Raffle
3. RP Contest
4. Advertising Contest
5. Flatsale and game pets

AB'd
User Image

September 4th, 2011 Bit of an odd announcement and changing of specific rules and the like announced on pg. 894!.
August 3rd, 2011 We're having an event and revamping the thread a bit. Since life is settling down just a bit, RL is not taking quite so much time, so things are getting done again. ^_^ You will see us here more now, so don't hesitate to see what's going on, and what we have in store for all of you. ^_^
October 6th, 2010 This thread is going on haitus as we move around links and repair images as we switch to the new photobucket. We do have a Halloween Event Thread open though with great pets up for grabs. Stop on over and see us. ^_^
April 10th, 2010 (does anyone else notice I'm REALLY bad at updating this particular post?) Thread revival is going underway!!! We have a few new familiars coming up, and I'm going to be hosting a new event. So keep checking in!!
January 5th, 2009 Familiars are now up for sale!
December 31, 2008 Familiars are nearly done, and will be going on sale the first of the year!
December 9, 2008 We are now selling potions!
October 9, 2008 Halloween Event is finally started. Candy Grams are in the Availabilty thread, the the auctions and raffle are in the event section. Eggs will grow from the breeding sometime this month. Will have a FS with Halloween themed eggs sometime this month as well. Roughly halfway through.
Sept 10, 2008 we're having an RP contest for the last Sesshomaru and Daisuke egg. Here is the Link.
Sept 1, 2008Avatar event is over! Thanks everyone for your participation! I will be opening the first breeding slots on the 5th of September!
July 28, 2008 Avatar event starts out. Extended the auction so that others might have a chance to participate. Hopefully, I can snag a few new people again. smile
July 16, 2008 Birthday Bash Begins!!
June 25, 2008 First events ends!
June 19, 2008 Zactura claims the first post of page 100! eek We're already reached page 100? OMG!
June 13, 2008 - First flatsale in the shop! It went better then I thought it would. All the eggs went to different people, and none were left behind! WhooHoo! Also, for everyone who was here, you wil all forever remember The Dice Game That Would Not Die. I'm guessing it will always live in infamy. wink
June 11, 2008 - Shop is Officially open! Working on a few minor details and a chasing away a few more cobwebs. xD
User Image

No Stealing!! I aquired this art from o0_Daisuke_0o (and was inked by the amazing Zuku-chan) and I worked very hard to color it and shade it, and to set up the shop. Don't take it and claim it as yours!!

Don't Beg/Whine! Don't beg for a pet. It will only end in your getting grey listed, and maybe even blacklisted. There should be enough events that everyone should have an opportunity to be able to aquire a pet. And no whinning on the thread. No real drama is alowed here. This is supposed to be a place where everyone can come and be happy. You wouldn't want to come into another thread and have a shouting match or a rel drama fest going on would you? This rule also applies for the FS, Auctions, and any other event that I will be having here. Being disappointed because you didn't win something is understandable, but don't keep going on and on about it. There will be other events.

Do Not Sell/Give Away Your Pet! I like to keep track of all the pets, and I like to keep things fair for everyone. Please don't resell/give away your pet without asking me first. I swear, I'm not a mean person. If there is someone you want to give it to, for one reason or another, you'll probably be able to do it, but you have to talk to me first. I don't bite. Really. As for Reselling, if for some reason you don't want your pet anymore, just give it back to the shop and I'll find someone else who will gladly take care of it, via a free raffle or a flatsale.

Don't Bully/Harass the Owners! Don't bully or Harass the owners of the pets, especially when breeding slots open. Don't keep pming them or telling them on the board that you'd really like an egg, or that you would take really good care of it. The owners of the breeding pets will make their own decisions on what to do with their pets, and their offspring.

Shopkeepers Have Real Lives! Despite the popular belief that I live here, I really don't. I have duties and responsibilites that will take me from time to time from the shop. So if I've said that it will take me a week to do a heavy-lineart pet for you, and at the end of the week you haven't received the pet, don't keep sending me PM's that keep asking where the pet it. It is probably just taking longer then expected. One PM will do wonders, especially if it's polite. And I will respond by telling you how far along it is, and how much more time it is likely to take.

Don't Be Rude! Don't be rude to eachother, or to the shopowner or colorists. We are all trying our hardest and our best to make this a nice place for everyone.

No Cybering, No Godmodding, and No Autohitting! These should be very clear to begin with. The cybering is in the TOS, and that TOS also applies here. But for your RP's please don't Godmod or Autohit. It's really annoying, not to mention unfair. An example of auto-hitting is saying that you're blow connects. Leave it up to the other person to decide. But also, the other person can't miss every blow. It's not fair either.

Some pets are now RP Required Several pets will now be RP required in the shop, so make sure to read the requirements before you purchase one.

User Image

Can you just Give Me A Pet? No, I'm sorry. You have to participate in a raffle, an auction, and event, or wait for slots to open before aquiring one. I will not just give it to you.

Do I have to RP to get to the Anthro Stage? Not any longer, HOWEVER, if you wish for your Anthro/Adult to become an elder, then RP is required.

How long does an RP have to be to count towards the Elder Stage? The elder stage is a very special circumstance, so requirements are a bit harsh.
You will need:
4-6 Rp Threads of at least 3-7 pages of a paragraph per post. (This is Private, open, or solo RP.)
Your Anthro, must be at least 6 months old at the time of entering for eldership.(real time)
Spring water
Once one has arrived at the RP requirements, one must apply for the elder quest, which will be held four times a year, and is a major PLOT Event for the entire shop.

Do you take Items as payment? Yes, actually, I do, at 90% of the lowest Marketplace price. Value must be over 30k to qualify. Evolving Items, Rig Items, Rig bundles, Some Cash Shop items (depending on colorist), Any item from Dernier Cri( for 90% of Sellback value)

Can I have a breeding between two Females/Males? No, I'm sorry. Breedings are only between a male and a female.
IF you wish to have a male couple or a female couple breed, you MUST find a suitable donor/Surrogate of the opposite gender for the breeding. (More rules in actual breeding threads)
User Image

User Image
The Locations
1.The Village of the Toran, Keepers of Fall
2. Ventil Forest
3. Vadorian Mountain
4. Shaltolian Beach
5. Torian Beach
6. Mevomal Plains
7. The Village of Orotan, by the Flower Hill, Keepers of Spring
8. Moonspring lake, where many of the Aquatics Live
9. Moonspring forest
10. Shenalt Desert, where Normals mainly gather
11. The city of Hetumami in the Hidden Desert, Keepers of Summer
12. Village of Amamano, on the Zembit Mountain Range, Keepers of Winter
13. Heartspring River
14. Sarivan River
15. Ventil River
16. Teridan River
17. Teridol River
(Island is roughly the size of Asia)

The desert is a strange place. There are many things that we think we know about it, and yet we don't. Have you ever seen a mountain range that wasn't there, or maybe a ship sailing over the sandy hills? Mirages have baffles people for years, but who's to say that that's not the point? To keep away, or lead away, those that might find out it's secrets.

Deep in the heart of the desert, where no man dares to tread, live a race of creatures called the Alardan. And adult is about the size of a cougar, and the children no bigger then small house-cats. They used to live in the richer parts of the world; in forests thick with greenery and life, but a large forest-fire drove them away, here into a world that was unlike theirs in every way, and they learned to adapt. Other forest creatures had tried to move here as well, but they could not dig into the dunes to hide from the heat, and perished under the relentless sun. Many of the Alardan themselves were burned by the sun and heat, for their vibrant colors did nothing but absorb the sun, and make them hotter, so they moved only around at night.

The sun wasn't the only danger of the sand-world. There were large desert predators that lived around the same parts that the Alardan had fled to, and preyed on the ill-prepared and lost dragon-folk. And so they had to flee deeper into the desert, though the predators followed. They were doomed to extinction, so the males sent the females away, hoping the predators would only follow them. Should anything happen, the females and their young would survive. The males distracted the predators as the others fled, and their battle seemed hopeless until one day, one of the elder Alardans found an unusual spring in an unnatural stone hole dug into the earth. The cavern it led to was cool and smelled like fresh spring water, and he could hear it bubbling somewhere around a turn in the hallway. It had been many years since he had seen the amount of water that flowed from the moss-covered stones into a strangely colored pool at their base, and he went to drink his fill from the water, before returning to tell his comrades about his find.

On his journey back, he felt strange, and only started walking on his back feet. He didn't notice that there had been any change until he arrived back to the other males, to tell them what he discovered. Wide stares had greeted him, and it was then that he looked down, and had found that he had changed. When he explained what had happened, and about the spring, he found that he could not quite remember where he'd found it, and the breeze of the desert had already sifted his footsteps away. He also discovered during the next predator attack, that he could defend himself better on his two feet, with his hands, then he could as his small self. He was hailed a hero, and for the first time since they had arrived in the desert, the Alardans felt safe. But he couldn't shake the feeling of being drawn into the desert. A month later, he vanished from the group.

Dismay and shock rippled through the males at the loss of this great asset to them, and the loss of their friend, though none were brave enough to journey into the desert to find him. They didn't know that he was drawn to the edge, where others had lived, and spent the rest of his days keeping others away from his home, and never finding out about his friends and family.

Many years later, nearly 100, archologists discovered a set of ruins at the edge of the desert. It had been an old civilization. But what had them baffled was not the ruins, but a worn mark that had carved into them. It was an image of strange human-like winged creatures, and little serpentine ones with wings. They tried to determine what it said, or meant, and it was from these markings that the legends of pixies, brownies, and faeries were born. Though only one person, long past, had known the message, for he had left it as a warning to all. "This is their land. Do not pass here. Beware."
User Image

EGG-Alardan all start out as eggs, hidden somewhere in the vast heat of the desert. Manytimes, One of the parents is somewhere nearby, either the father or the mother. But it is not usual for both to stay with the egg, as usually the other parent has a seperate egg somewhere hidden off in the sands. If there are more then two eggs, the others will be left alone in the desert to fend for themselves, unless a parent wants to take care of the extra egg.

BABY- Unless they are left in a certain kind of hot sand, the eggs will hatch into young Alardan dragons. These small creatures will either bond instantly to their parent, who help protect them until they are old enough to themselves, or they have to head out and find shelter, and start their life on the desert. Some feel the urge to travel great distances, and end up either near the forests, or by the stream and ocean, but a majority stay in the desert. Thin butterfly-like wings haven't hardened to the suns rays yet, and constantly need to be protected so they don't burn. They will spend a lot of their time sleeping and growing, when their parent isn't trying to teach them to hunt, or how to survive.

TEEN- Their wings have finally hardened, and though they look thin, they are incredibly strong, and can lift the Alardan into the air when they learn how to fly. Patterns on their wings also help them scare away predators from younger Alardan and eggs. These also become a great help as they practice for the day they are finally fully grown adults. A teen goes into a deep Hibernation for a month, and emerge with their new found adult form.

ADULT- Emerging from the Hibernation they will find that they have grown into a different form, and are no longer able to walk around on all fours. They have finally reached maturity, and move on to find their own territory in the sands and cities. Several form close-knit groups, of either family and friends, or just other Alardan's, for protection from the desert predators. They learn a spoken form of communication, no longer relying merely on their pops and squeaks as Teens and children. Breeding is finally available to them, mates a serious endeavor for any of the new adults getting used to their bodies. There is a two month wait period(on breedings) while their systems and minds adjust to their new form.

ELDER/GUARDIAN-Coming Soon

NORMAL

User Image
User Image

Everyone likes having a pet that they've created, and chosen the colors for. So here you are. *grins* You've arrived at the Customs Post. Please send me the custom form when you have completed it, and I will get to work on it for you. xD If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Custom information is located here.
User Image

Story

Once in a while, one of the two factions (male and female) will meet, and they will decide to mate. During the short time the female is pregnant, the two will stay together; the male making sure that nothing happens to the female before the eggs are laid. A week or two later, the female will finally lay her clutch of eggs. The male will wait a day for the shells to harden, then take one of the eggs with him. The female will take the other, and they will both return to their respective areas. Any additional eggs are left buried in the sand, where the sun will keep them warm until their hatching.

Some pairs meet and keep together. These couples generally live separate from the two factions, into a sort-of third faction. They generally have more eggs, where a couple that has just met, will generally only have two.

Rules

-They may only breed if there is a slot open. If no breeding slot is available, then please wait until one opens.
-You must pay the full amount before the breeding can be finished..
-They MUST be adult age before breeding!
-Breedable pairs are only Male/Female. You may have male/male or female/female couples, -but they are not able to breed and produce offspring.
--There will not be any close inbreeding. By this, I mean that the pets with the same parents or grandparents cannot breed.
--Breedings are currently 10k for the pets (5k for each owner). This may change as different species are added, and if prices rise.
--Each Alardan only have three breedings.
--Each breeding will produce two to six offspring when bred. The owner of each parent may keep one, or two if both parents belonged to the same owner. The other eggs must be given away, or given back to the shop to be Flatsold or Raffled. If the owners cannot decide what to do with the extra eggs after a week, the shop owner has the right to chose what to do with them. *If a egg is FS'd, the owners will get 25% each, and if a raffle is chosen, it will be a free raffle.
--RP is not required to breed pets. However, non-rp'd pets will only get two eggs. No more, no less (unless a breeding ticket is presented). The more the pets are RP'd together, the better change for more eggs..

User Image

Custom Slots

Rini's Slots:
-All Open-

Sky's Slots:
-Closed-

Familiar Slots:

Rini's Slots:
-Closed-

Sky's Slots:
-Closed-

Breeding Slots

Rini's Slots:
-Closed-

Sky's Slots:
-Closed-

Pet Bribes
I like The Ceirn Island pets (the wolftaur, centaur), I like Soquili (yeah right, but it's a thought!), The Jokoa' (especially the dragon breed, but I like the just in general), Extrasensory, and when I find a few more I'll list them here. xD

1. -Closed-
2. -Closed-
3. -Closed-
User Image

User Image

Auction Length: AUCTIONS CLOSED

Please post your bids for Harry in Bold green, and your bids for Ron in Bold Red. Please do not bid anything you don't have, and I will take Donation Items, and other items priced at 10k or over, at the lowest TekTek price.

Auction Pets:

None
Auction Length
Starting Price:
AB:
HB:

User Image

Tickets are 100g each
[size=18][color=Green][b]I'm Want It!! Please give me (#) Ticket(s)![/b][/color][/size]
User Image

User Image

(Jewelry Coming Soon)

POTIONS!

Want to try and get a female egg? Want to turn your adult Alardan into a Guardian stage without the wait? Well, here you have it! From growth potions to Potions that you're not sure what they're going to do, we have them here. Some have limited quantities, but we do restock. So if your potion is sold out, keep checking back. We'll have later.

User Image

Vita Water:
From a spring located near the Guardian spring, it is filled with all the vitamins and minerals all a growing Alardan needs!
*Can only be used on egg and baby stage. Can not be used on adult to achieve Guardian stage.

Availability: 10/10
Price: 5k

User Image

Alvarn Sitrus Drink
This drink is made from the fruit of the trees that grow around the Guardian spring. The fruit skin is poisonous to Alardan, but the juice helps increase their chances of having another egg to their breeding
*Only one potion per breeding couple.

Availability: 10/10
Price: 2k

User Image

Shorvain Fruit Drink
No one knows quite what's in this. No one knows who makes it either. The bottles are found floating on the surface of the guardian spring. The effects it causes are Random. There is even a chance of winning a bottle of Spring Water.
*Items are randomized, so there's no guarantee what you are going to get.

Availability: 21/21
Price: 5k

User Image

Spring Water
Bottled from the elusive Guardian spring. It helps quench your Alardan's thirst with its clean cool flavor, and it also advances them to the Guardian stage.
*Item can only be used once, and cannot be reversed.

Availability: 0/4
Price: 70k
User Image

SkyDragono (Sky)

(Image to come) I'm going to college, studying digital graphics and right now to pay for it, I work at the DQ across the street. It's nothing elegant, but it pays. Sometimes people stay over, which means I have tgo stay later. I try and arrange things here around my other schedule, so if I'm a little behind on getting something out, I'm probably working. XD I love horses, and I'm the owner of a Smoke Silver bengal, and a regular silver Bengal. I also have a yorkie dog, who's 15 years old. As you can tell I'm an animal lover, and I like to draw. I am working on a fanfiction called Knots of Fate, and I'm also working on an original story.

Rinial Sisterdragon (Rini)

Rini is my closest friend IRL. I hope that she will find a warm welcome in the shop. She's pretty good at what she does, so look out people, here she comes! I know she'll have more about her self up here, so keep up to date! We're holding events again. Don't be afraid to tell others!

This is Van-ta-Nash. He is the god of the desert you can say. He's the oldest Alardan alive, having said to come from a time when they were different. He is a little of all of the alardan breeds. You can see him swimming in and out of sandstorms most of the time, and he loves to settle into the sand and watch the Alardan play, all unknown to them of course. When he finds an abandoned egg, he is the one that makes sure it keeps warm enough to hatch. And he is the one to bring the other eggs out of the desert that have no parents. No one really knows where he is at any given point, so if you feel as though you are being watched, but turn to find no one there, it is more then likely him, watching you.
User Image

The Greylist is simple. Those on the good side of the shop will survive the desert, and mayhaps befriend one of the Alardan.

The Bad are those that haven't been so nice, or have ignored or disreguarded a few rules. They are not allowed to participate in events, or receive any new pets for a month, then they are removed from the bad list.

The Banned are those that have caused irreparable damage, or have broken most of the rules, and are not allowed to ever receive another pet, or participate in any events.

The Good
heart All my Owners! heart Thanks for sticking with me!
Daisuke, for the awesome lineart!

The Bad
Thankfully, No one

The Banned
Really Thankfully No One

SPECIAL ITEMS FOR OWNERS!

Belomnt: 15k off any custom order
Shaiya: 5k off of Anything
Krank: Vita Water
Rini: Alvarn Sitrus Drink
User Image

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/alardan-grand-opening/t.40921887/][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/teradragonheart/adn.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff