Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image But not usually one of Adrienne's, unless she happened to be hunting. The rest of the time, like now, she was usually talking to someone - or something, whether it be her plants or her pets. Currently, it was the latter, her near-constant Ageless companion. Phlox was playmate, confidant, and officially-appointed watch-floox...not that she needed much watching, these days, but Love had given him a job and he was going to do it, no matter how un-little Adi got!

He trotted along beside her as they emerged from the woods, headed back to the Pantheon after visiting her tree for the day, occasionally putting in some supportive floox-sound of agreement.

"I guess I'll just know or something," she mused, "But I can't know until I know someone, right? So we need to meet more people, so we need to find them...but we can't be annoying, y'know?"

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.With the re-awakening of Dream thanks to Creation's generous actions, Endiovar was no longer required to remain tethered on a short leash to his companions, so he was able to go out and about; speak to mortals and gods alike. He liked to remain as active as possible to help bring All that Is back to a semblance of it's former glory sooner than it might have otherwise.

It was on one of these walks about the Pantheon that he noticed a young lady with one of those strange creatures - flooxes, if he was remembering what Gianfar had said clearly. She was slightly familiar - had he seen her at the Ritual? Around the Pantheon? She was talking to the floox - something serious that concerned her, but not something bad; these things he could tell from their body language.

Endiovar's wings flared out behind him; he enjoyed the feeling of the air ruffling through his transparent, feathered wings. He didn't think he should interrupt whatever line of conversation, thought, she had going on but he would watch her with a slight smile on his lips. Seeing youth out and about made him feel better about the state of things...hope was a seed carried and cultivated within each and every blossoming life; he cherished them all for what they represented.
User Image Adrienne might not have noticed that she was being watched, but Phlox did! While she chattered away, happily oblivious, the floox was looking around and spotted the god. He gave a yip to let her know, effectively cutting her off, and scuttled towards the stranger to sit in front of him with a whuff.

Hey! There was someone here! Adi followed after her pet to greet the unknown god with a bright, "Hello~!"

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He watched the antics of the floox with amusement; the creature yipped at it's mistress and then came barrelling over like a tiny, fuzzy tank. When it sat at his feet and looked up, Endiovar knelt down and put a hand out for it to sniff. 'Hello little one.' Adi called out to him and though he did not rise, he did return her smile and greeting. 'Hello child. This little fellow belongs to you?'

Once again, he'd forgotten that his speech-not-speech was sometimes disconcerting or difficult for others to grasp fully -- the waking minds of mortals did not want to process the language of Silence very well. Few, if any, could tolerate space devoid of sounds, let alone his "speaking". Mortals liked to have quiet more than they liked silence.
User Image Phlox sniffed the offered hand busily, though he soon let out another little whuff and looked around, baffled. Who was that talking? He didn't see anybody but this god and Adi!

Adrienne was less disconcerted, though still somewhat surprised. Not in a bad way, not at all - that was kind of cool! The werewolf looked suitably impressed. "He does," she answered with a nod, "His name's Phlox. And I'm Adi."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What an adorable little creature! Come to think of it, hadn't he seen some of them in the Great Library when he'd been cleaning up with Gianfar? What had his grey-winged librarian called them? Floofs? Flox? Endiovar pursed his lips together for a moment as he tried to recall -- then it came to him: flooxes. Phlox was a floox, specifically he was Adi's floox. 'Hello Phlox, Adi. I'm Endiovar.'

He almost rolled out his title and domain, but...those words (not-words) never came and never sounded into the silence to be recognized by woman or beast. Instead, he opened his mouth to speak with that grave-side quiet, prayer-heavy voice of his. "I've seen you before, but I do not recall. You live at the Pantheon?"
User Image When the voice-from-nowhere addressed him by name, Phlox hopped to his feet, whirling around with a yip. Where was that coming from?!

Adi giggled at her bewildered companion and bent to pick him up and cradle against her chest. "I do! I'm Rio's daughter."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Phlox was adorable; Endiovar wondered briefly if he might be able to coax one of the Floox currently hiding around in the ruins of the Great Library into his retinue. So adorable all tucked up in Adi's arms with that confused/bewildered look on his little face.

"I don't believe that I've met your father, though I believe I would like to." He smiled at Adi and Phox, reaching one long-fingered hand out gingerly to touch the pretty little Floox before leaning in to whisper at it, 'I am the one speaking to you, without words.' "Forgive me Adi, but you do not feel like one with deific blood. But your father is a god, correct?"
User Image It was...the god? Phlox blinked owlishly at him, but finally seemed to comprehend, tipping his head against Endiovar's hand in hopes of scritches.

Adrienne giggled once more, unable to help herself. It wasn't meant to be at the god's expense, really, it was just that no matter how many times the father thing came up, it never ceased to be funny. "He's not my father," she said after a moment, explaining her amusement, "He's my mother. His host was a girl, so he was too for awhile."

"But you're right, I'm not a god. My father's an aoide."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Phlox's soft insistence that he be on the recieving end of petting would get results. Endiovar had been quite affectionate towards the tribble that accompanied Colin's former lover and Phlox would fare no differently; the God of Silence was quite animal-lover (as his host had once been)...so he was totally happy to be crouched down, scritching the little floox.

Adi giggled and Endi read amusement in the lines of her body - a funny question, then? "Ah, I see. How interesting a situation to find oneself in." The blond smiled at the werewolf-child while scritching under Phlox's chin. "My host was the correct gender, thankfully...but the goddess of Science found a host with opposing gender." 'It makes one wonder, how often this happens. Perhaps I shall pose the question to Gianfar sometime.'

"So you are mortal then?" He could only guess, she didn't feel deific - but nor did she feel entirely mortal. The result of Aoide and god, perhaps? But that didn't make complete sense to him until he reminded himself that Rio's host was the actual parent in this case - the female body belonged to host. That was all.
User Image There was a Goddess of Science? Really? Adrienne's knowledge of such things was hazy at best, and most of what she did know pertained to nature. She'd come across a science book once, but had found it difficult to read and eventually abandoned the attempt.

"I'm not really sure what I am exactly," she answered, "Nobody ever has been. But that's okay, 'cause I'll be an aoide soon!"

Phlox sighed happily, clearly quite pleased by the attention paid to him.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Endiovar read her questioning curiousity quite easily - she couldn't believe that there really was a Goddess of Science. But there was and she was an absolutely terrifying Goddess, to boot; certainly he did not want to cross her.

"Oh, you will?" Endiovar smiled broadly at her; some of her excitement and joy being transmitted into him - such unadulterated joy could not help but be contagious. "How does one go about becoming an aoide?" Truthfully he was very interested in just how one went about going from mortal (er, something near mortal) to an immortal creature like an Aoide. Like Hue.

If Pholx wasn't careful, he'd end up scooped into Endiovar's arms for some full-bodied cuddling.
User Image "Well," Adi began, recalling Harmodius' explanation and attempting to repeat it to the best of her abilities, "Sometimes they're made, on purpose or by accident, out of mana." The werewolf was, to be honest, still a little fuzzy on the whole 'mana' thing, but she went ahead and used the word, figuring that Endiovar wouldn't have the same problem. "Or a god can give someone some of their strength to make them an aoide."

"I just have to find a god, and then Harmodius is going to help me." This she was quite proud of, as it made her feel special.

Careful? Ha! Phlox was, in fact, considering the very same thing - that it would be wonderfully convenient to be over there, where he would be even more easily pettable. With no further ado, the floox hopped from Adi to Endi in order to best capitalize on the attention being paid him.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What an interesting little "lesson" he was learning from this lovely little girl with her adorable little pet floox. He put the information that Adi was giving him into a little corner of his brain so that he could ask Gianfar about it later...Knowledge surely would be able to fill him in on what she was talking about. After all, kne knew things - really, just about everything - though there were a few areas that the gray-winged Librarian drew blanks on: Grigori, Creation and Destruction...and well, the process withwhich one brought a mortal being up to Aoide status. Still, he would ask. Later.

"That's fantastic news for you, Adi. Have you found one that is willing yet? Or are you waiting, checking out which gods might suit you best?" He would have offered, after a bit of research, but that would have been presumptious - especially since he barely knew the girl! (Yes, Endiovar tended to really be that generous with himself and his energies and time.)

Phlox hopped into his arms and Endiovar caught the silky little creature with his eyes wide in a surprised-but-pleased manner. "Ah! Well, make yourself comfortable Phlox." The blond gave Phlox just what he wanted: more pets, scritches and cuddling - he was so soft, so cuddly...it was pure pleasure to touch the floox.
User Image Phlox proceeded to do exactly that, settling himself and making an unmistakably pleased sound. This was very nice, yes. Not that Adi didn't pay enough attention to him, but new people were particularly enthusiastic about lovings, which made them at least temporarily superior.

"I'm waiting," she answered with a nod, smiling at her pet's behaviour, "To see who'd be best, and maybe for them to ask me. Do you think it would be rude to ask someone?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff