Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now that things were green and alive again, Adrienne was often tempted to take her gardening outside, but outside wasn't exactly hers, and so she hesitated to do so. Eventually, she'd decided to compromise, and started planting flowers just inside the woods instead. She was in the process of transplanting some of the many snapdragons that had all but overtaken the flowerbeds in Rio's rooms. There were some a few other plants, like roses, but they were far outnumbered by the many-colored snapping flowers, and it was probably time to clear some of them out now that there was somewhere else for them to go. Then they'd have more room for other things!

Aided by her floox companion, the werewolf dug hole after hole in which to plant the relocated flowers, both getting marvelously dirty in the process.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
The earthy scent of disturbed ground was what drew him towards the werewolf, the tang of detritus and the lingering smell of rain in the soil unmistakable. At first he'd thought someone was digging up the plants, taking advantage of the new shoots that were beginning to sprout in earnest with his careful, patient touch. Rather imagining himself painting a landscape of trees and shrubs and undergroth, Glyph had frowned at the thought of someone ripping up all of his work only to stop and peer at the many holes dotted at random along the edge of the forest.

Were those... he knelt by one patch of recently disturbed dirt and touched the snapdragons that had been planted there. There were so many! His frown quickly grew into a grin as he followed the haphazard path of newly planted flowers until he came to the Adrienne's current workspace, stopping to put a hand on a tree and watch her with a bemused expression.

Concentrating on some of the flowers were closest to blooming, he encouraged their growth and wondered if she'd notice the slight change - some held more blossoms then before now. He was developing some semblance of control and range on his fledgling abilities even if he effected irritatingly little around him.
The god arrived just as Adi was finishing up another hole, which, truth be told, she made bigger than she really needed to - digging was half the fun! She looked away from her work for a moment to select just the right snapdragon for the spot, pausing once she had it in her hands to peer at it suspiciously. She could have sworn it was different now...but no, it was just her mind playing tricks on her. She'd planted an awful lot of flowers today, after all. She was probably just getting it mixed up with another one.

Shrugging it off, she set it in the hole and started to brush in the dirt she'd displaced - until Phlox chittered indignantly from underneath. The little gray creature had taken up residence in the hole while she was distracted. "What do you think you're doing, silly?" Laughing, Adrienne set the flower aside for a moment to lift her pet out of the way. "Go dig your own holes."

Shaking off the dirt, he toddled off to do just that, but was quite interrupted by a new pair of feet. The floox stared up at their owner for a moment before giving a yip of alert.

Looking to see what he was going on about this time, Adi beamed at the sight of the stranger. "Oh, hello!"

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph laughed softly as the furry little creature nearly ran into him and knelt to hold out his hand as Adrienne greeted him, "Hello to you too. Planting a garden, hmn?" Waggling a finger at the floox invitingly, he waited a moment before straightening, "They're lovely snapdragons. What's your name?" Striding out from his place of observation, he looked her many potted plants over with a smile.
"We were running out of room inside," she explained, settling the snapdragon in its new home before standing and brushing her hands against her thighs - not that it helped. Her hands were too thoroughly dirty for something like to work, but it was a habit. "I'm Adi, and that's Phlox. How about you?"

The ridgeback sniffed at the waggling finger when it was offered, then returned to his mistress with a proud, 'look-what-I-found' expression.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Ah, I see. I am glad you decided to plant them here, I'll look after them for you - make sure they flourish." He replied, smiling, "I am Glyph, Silvim Illustirre... Forest." He nodded to her and chuckled at the smug expression the floox now wore.

"If you plant them too close together, though, they'll die..." He spoke after a moment, gesturing towards where some of the holes seemed rather close together, "They need room to grow, right? Mind if I help you? Some company would be appreciated."

"Really?" Adrienne's eyes widened, and she bounced a little on her paws. "I didn't know there was a Forest god. That's awesome!"

At his observation, she tilted her head and surveyed her work. Snapdragons were some of the first flowers she'd ever worked with, since Rio had so many of them, and easier for a child to care for than, say, orchids. "They look fine to me," she said hesitantly, pretty sure of her work, but somewhat concerned now that the God of the Forest didn't seem to approve. "They're not the big ones, so they only need about half a foot."

"But..if you think we should move them...?" She chewed pensively on a dirty fingernail, looking back down at the flowers. While she fretted, Phlox climbed up her leg, then right on up to her shoulder.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Forest blinked at Adrienne's reaction, rather pleasantly surprised by her enthusiasm and welcome. A bright smile lit up his face as he nodded to her in a bit of a bow, "Why thank you Adrienne." Beaming from the compliment, Glyph padded over to the nearest hole and knelt by it, "Then as long you're being careful all is well."

He laughed softly, "Oh no, I didn't say move them, just make sure they've room to grow hmn? And be mindful of any tree saplings or shoots you find... I'm trying to encourage their growth." Glyph took a potted snapdragon then and gently transferred it into the vacant hole, "You've done well so far - I followed your trail of snapdragons here. I like them." He offered another smile as he tried to soothe the girl's anxiousness.

"Don't worry, you've done nothing wrong."
Once reassured, Adi reverted almost immediately to her usual cheerfulness. Her bright smile returned, fueled by his praise. "We'll be careful, promise!" She crouched down to dig another hole, getting it started with a trowel before setting the tool aside and doing the rest of the work with her hands. "Go on," she told Phlox, shrugging her shoulder to encourage him back down, "We need more holes."

Though reluctant to leave the perch he'd only just acquired, the floox nonetheless hopped down and set to digging the proper distance away.

"So you can make things grow?" she asked. "I've always wanted to be able to do that."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"To a point yes," Glyph replied cheerfully, following along behind Adi as she dug holes, "I can encourage them but I cannot yet do much else. Besides, you are doing the same thing as I after a fashion..." He grinned, gesturing to the hole she was digging alongside her floox, "You're gardening, that's helping things to grow."

When the flower he was working with was in the ground, he patted down the soil and closed his eyes as he cupped his hands around the plant, allowing some of his essence to flow into it. It perked quickly and grew a little taller but nothing spectacular happened and he sighed softly, "I long to touch the world in greater ways, however. There is so much to do... and I grow tired if I over exert myself." He playfully squished the blooms in a way that made it look like they were speaking in a pantomime of his own words.

A thought occurred to him then and he tilted his head to the side, "Say... would you mind if I took of these as a gift for a friend?" It reminded him of Illisia really. A snapdragon, a play on words that was, for him, a reference to her druidic talents and the dragon king she now carried. Perhaps they would enjoy the gesture.
"True," she allowed, "But I'd like to be able to do more. Not that it'll ever happen." Adrienne chuckled. She didn't mind, per se, but she couldn't help but be a little envious of the gods' powers. Though born of one, she would never be one. "I could breed my roses a lot faster."

At his display of power, she grinned. "That's something! And you'll be able to do more eventually, right? Rio's powers got better awhile ago."

"Sure! We have plenty." Her tail wagged. She was always happy to share flowers!

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Druids are highly tuned to nature, forests in particular, and can most definitely encourage the growth and blooming of plants, actually." He smiled, "Besides, calling on the gods to assist your efforts is a two way gain - it helps you and it helps me. I know a druid if you would like to learn from her? She is host to the Dragon King Xun Jiang, her name is Illisia. I will introduce you two if you like."

Forest nodded at her question, "Indeed. Given time I'll be able to do more. Now, however, I still have a long way to go before I am myself again." He tilted his head to the side, "Rio...? I don't believe I met him yet. A god I would assume, given your comment."

"Ah! Thank-you!" He flashed a thoroughly pleased smile before he grabbed one of the pots, "I hope she likes it..." Brushing fingers over the flowers he paused a moment in indecision before nodding to himself. She would - he hoped.
"Really?" Adrienne looked up to listen, fascinated by the idea. While she could vaguely recall hearing or seeing the word 'druid' at some point, she hadn't actually known what one was. Her age being what it was, her education was somewhat limited, and there were large gaps in her knowledge of many things. "That would be awesome!"

"Rio's Love," she confirmed with a nod. "My mom was his host, but they've been the same person for ages." She knew well by now that 'he's one of my parents' would lead to the assumption that Rio was her father, which would then lead to no little confusion when she corrected it, so she decided to explain it right off the bat instead this time.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
He smiled, "I will mention you when next I see her then, Adrienne. I'm fairly certain she would not mind an apprentice."

"Love? Ah, no, I haven't met him yet." He watched her curiously as she spoke, she did not seem upset that her mother had been a sacrifice to a god. That made Forest smile, "Then say hello to Love for me, hmn?" Patting the ground around the newly potted plant, he made sure the snap dragons were well settled before moving on to the others.

"Once we're done here, did you want to see more? I've been working from the inside out... and it's not a lot but there's more life then before." Glyph glanced at Adi, tone inviting. "Maybe you'll find some more places to plant your snap dragons and other plants."
How cool would that be? Adrienne's tail wagged with excitement. She'd always just wanted to be a gardener, like her father, but druids sounded like...like super-gardeners! It was kind of a neat word, too.

"I will," she promised, depositing one of the last few snapdragons into her newly-finished hole. "And I'd love to see more! I've been exploring ever since things got better, but I haven't seen even close to all of it. I could probably use somewhere to plant some roses. I'm trying to make pink and yellow ones, you see, and there's not really a lot of room in my room."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff