Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know about you, but I grew up watching the TV show Wishbone. It's a show about a dog who likes to read classics, and imagines himself as the main character of the book. This prompted me to go through and read all of the unabridged books the show was based on. It's been tons of fun and I've discovered some really great books!

I was wondering if anyone else undertook a similar reading challenge. Have you found some favorite reads because of it?
I can't explain how much I love Wishbone. I have a stuffed Wishbone that I've had since I was a kid. I used to "walk" him around with a piece of yarn as a leash and we would go on reading adventures.

Commander in Chief

Nikomikiri
I can't explain how much I love Wishbone. I have a stuffed Wishbone that I've had since I was a kid. I used to "walk" him around with a piece of yarn as a leash and we would go on reading adventures.
Did you know that I am so green I am the only rabbit that can be seen from outer space? I am the Great Wall of China of rabbits. It is impressive but true! Ok BYE!

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
I did love Wishbone, and honestly, I still do. Mainly for nostalgia, but I love his easy intros to classic lit. heart

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
My friend and I recently had a conversation about how no one seems to remember ( or even have seen) the show. I read The Three Musketeers and The Time Machine specifically because I wanted to better under wanted to understand just what Wishbone had been talking about in those episodes.I recently found a Wishbone book at work, The Last of the Breed (I'd had no idea they were actual books, just a show), and it was really exciting to take that trip down memorry lane.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Nikomikiri

My best friend had one of those toys too! It was one of the things that had prompted our chat about the show and the book.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quotable Sex Symbol

6,025 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I loved Wishbone! I have a stuffed version of him as Sherlock Holmes. I also have a few of the books and I still like to read them on occasion. I miss the show.
It was such a great show, and the corresponding books were tons of fun, too. I liked his "Classics" series, but really fell in love with the "Wishbone Mysteries". I still have quite a few of them in storage... I should dig those out again.

Fashionable Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nikomikiri

I still have mine too! xD I've never had to change the batteries on him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff