Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Character Poll Round 10!

Lucien Balthazar Mchale - Vicious hunter of humans and dragons. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Vasul Calim Shahrad - Crown Prince of Shahrazad and righteous eagle among a flock of vultures. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Lorelei 'Ellie' Katerini - Knight Errant and Defender of Justice who will kick your butt! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Inyri Ven - Sharp-minded beauty and budding lady of wares. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Eriol Epheis - Mysterious man with an eye for the prize. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on November 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 169 170 171 > >> »|

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx██ ▌ g e n t l e h e a l e r xxxxxxxxxx

Attempting to pull Jonathan, Hal was certin the both of them would end up only as unrecognizable smudges in the mud when the beast were through. She’d never really thought about her eventual demise, she was still so young and though she knew all to well the undiscriminating ways of death, she at least wanted to accomplish the task she had set out to do, to help the one person that mattered to her and give him a little extra time. The irony of her situation didnt past her, and she giggle a little weakly at is as she squeezed her eyes shut and inhaled deeply,reading for the force of many hooves to stomp, rip, and tear through her.

By the time she let the breath escaped her lips in a shaky sigh, Hal realized that the beast had stopped. Opening her eyes she stood up in time to watch the humongous monstrosities collapse into the dirt as it seized up. Stepping back away from it when it finally stopped on a yard away, Hal brought her hands up to her chest, dark eyes watching as blood pooled from underneath the creature. She looked from the beast to a stranger who had not been there before, dressed in deep colored robes, a blue that she knew only those with sufficient amount of gold could afford their cloths to get dyed in. His age was apparent, but the red in his hair gave a hint of what he may have looked like in younger days. She was quickly reminded of Atticus, his kindness and his intimidating presence that should never belong to a man who spent his dances with books and tools. She grew sick for home in that one instance but veiled it witha slight bow to her savior.

we are unharmed, merely frightened” She said laying a hand on Jon’s arm, but keeping her attention on the older man. The dark circles under his eyes did not escape her attention, from lack of sleep or lack of nourishment she did not know, but it was a sign of poor health more often than not.

I’m grateful that you were here, things could have....” She didn't say the rest, she didn't want to think about it.

It is curious that there were no such beast when we came along the road,how far do your wards go?”She asked completely out of curiosity. Magic was a thing of near myth in Shahrazad the only knowledge she had of it came from stories at the market. And though Hal was very interested in how he had laid low the beast and these wards he spoke of his words seemed slightly ominous. She gave a slow blink to him, staring at him intently.

What do you mean?”the question was direct but not full of the suspicion she felt at the moment. Maybe she was just feeling on edge. So many things had rattle her nerves today,Halima was simply viewing anything as a threat, and this man had just saved her life.
                                                “ I am sorry, I seemed to be feeling weary, you spoke of a show? are you both a hero and a performer?”Hal needed to sit down, but with the scare those animals had caused the Caravan was anything but restful at the moment.

Greedy Dog

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXX❀ R є s υ ι a ❀

Resuia had no qualms about being lied to straight to the face. None. She did it all the time, and had long since had the decency to allow others to do what she did herself. It was only fair after all, if she had any sense of fairness to being with. Her only concern was that it was a good lie. To be told a good lie was like being told a good story, a blatantly bad lie was more like an insult than anything. “Yes, amazing. A simple poet who can’t tell a little white lie and who doesn’t have the brains to think up a better one.” She smiled sweetly. “Dear girl, courtesans aren’t nobles.”

And then she was yelling. Dear Mother, she needed the patience of the heavens to deal with this blue footed boobie. No wonder her cover flew away, there was so much steam coming out of her ears. "Shut your trap. Please. Your scaring away the flees." No use in trying to cover the hate up after it had already reared its pretty little head. This poet was giving her a migraine, and if she didn't just shut it bad things were going to happen to that soft, silver head of hers. "Ya, Velius. He wasn't there. Sorry to crush your dreams, princess but you were being dumb and crazy all by yourself. I'd hate to have anyone else suffer your eccentric personality."

"And knowing Velius..." Though she didn't really, all she remembered was that he was a great leader. One that they had needed. "He isn't going to come after you like an idiot." He may have been heroic and have great leadership skills but he wasn't dumb in the least, he wouldn't come unless he could beat whatever took them. If he knew they were here at all. "All you can do is maybe kill off our captors with your constant whining and hopefully they'll have a key so we can leave." She turned and gave the other a sickeningly sweet smile.

Lunatic

User ImageXXxxxxxxXXxXXXXxxxXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXX
Princess

XXXXXxx
XXXXX
NarcolepticOutspokenTomboy
XXXXXZzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzZzzZZZ
XXXXXXXZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzZZZz
ZZzzzZZZZZZzzzZZzzzZzzZzZZZz

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        Ayn sat on her side of the cell, staring at the girl with attentive eyes. She waited for the girl complete her rant, nodding softly with a tender smile on her face to every word. This gave the impression that she wasn't listening, but she very much was. She listened and thought silently to herself as she always had, wondering if the girls cynical nature was out of anger for being captured, or a form of transference of her frustration onto Ayn. Maybe she blamed Ayn for her having been thrown into the cell and therefore had formed Ayn out to be some sort of enemy to herself. Either way, Ayn readily practiced what her mother had taught her when she was small. Listen first, ask later, judge never. Though some of the things that Resuia was saying weren't of the kindest light, she couldn't blame the poor girl for being so angry. Whatever it was, it had a reason, and those reasons were infinite. IF she so wished to scream and shout and make an enemy out of Ayn, that wasn't in Ayn's control. IF she didn't like her, it's not like Ayn could force her to. IF she was just having a bad day, and needed an outlet, Ayn wasn't going to stop the poor girl. After all, Ayn could somewhat empathize with her, if that was the case. They were both caught up in a string of terrible and unfortunate events.

She kept a soft smile, twisting her face in a speculative way when she said 'princess'. Yet again, it was another one of those awkward moments where she wasn't sure if she'd just been found out, or if Resuia had been using it as some sort of girlish title given to some girls of the day. She, also, couldn't help but shrink as she began to yell. She kept her pleasant smile, but she shrank as though she wasn't used to being shouted at in such a way. To be honest with you, Ayn really wasn't used to being yelled at in such a way. Her father never raised his voice, as well did no other person in her castle. Even during all her time with the caravan, no one bothered to yell or bark at her, even as a man. She was like a delicate flower of a man that all the womenfolk admired and all the other men were unthreatened by. Hell, she'd never even risen her voice for anything more than excitement. Her mother had taught her, when she was young, that raising one's voice is to intimidate, not make friends, and in being a lady one never rose their voice.

"....Ah. I was only hoping that he might have found help. If it is not so, then I guess it's up to us." She said softly bringing her voice in to a low tide, lapping against the sand in a rhythmic fashion. She spoke as if speaking to a child in a tantrum. Supportive but a nice firm calm. "I don't know if whining will do the trick, but I'm sure there is something."

She took one more look around at the walls. IF there weren't two of the big monkey things, perhaps she'd be able to push him into the cell and lock the door after it. Of course, she'd have to meet one first, and get a feel for if she could do it, or not. If they were strong enough to carry two full grown women into a cell, there was a chance that she couldn't take them.

It was strange. Even though Resuia had been a tad bit rude, Ayn didn't feel even a small bit angry. She could have very well been mad at her, but instead she sort of systematically chose saving energy over wasting it on petty catty fights.

"I don't want to lose hope on him, just yet. You never know, maybe he will surprise us and show up anyway. " She watched her carefully, still extremely curious if she was serious about the princess thing. She was almost as taken aback by it as when Velius had said it. Maybe it had to do with the fact that she hadn't heard anyone call her that in a long-long while. She thought she was doing a good enough job to hide it. "If you wish, I will be quiet until the monkey things come. But it might be lonely." she shrugged her shoulder's softly.

"Again, I'm sorry if I got you into this. I never meant to. Sometimes when I go to sleep, strange things happen. Perhaps if I could control it, I might not be so inclined to cause problems with the people that I meet. So far, I've been keeping it in check, it's just...this town. I guess....if we're still in that town." she mused.

XXXX

Sparkly Scamp

x

User Image

artwork by Rain, from Midnight Inks Illustrationsxxx

Kemun Eldstra

When the seer tore herself from Arin’s grasp and promptly left their company, words failed the surprised merchant. She watched her departure with a look of confusion, left to guess at what had sparked the woman’s anger. The suddenness of Aria’s crimson-faced outburst had thoroughly bewildered her. She reflected back on their conversation, biting her lip as she mulled over the exchanges between the three of them. She turned her attention to Arin and regarded him questioningly, as if she hoped he could supply her with an answer.

Had she said anything particularly offensive? She hadn’t intended to, she was certain of that. Perhaps she was too quick to scrutinize her own actions, too quick to feel guilt, but she continued to wonder where she had made a mistake. Kemun followed Arin in his pursuit of the seer, walking briskly to catch up. “Please, wait,” she called after her.

She wasn’t well-versed in mending this sort of predicament, but she wanted to help put things right. Nearing Aria and the dark-haired woman who accompanied her, she slowed in her approach, picking her mind as she tried to think of the proper thing to say. After witnessing Aria’s temper flare only moments before, she wasn’t entirely sure she was prepared to bear the brunt of it. “You’re not a burden, Aria,” she said, speaking tentatively. “After your business is taken care of, would you like to come with us? I’m not familiar with the marketplace in this town, and this is the first time I’ve had to look for a new pipe while away from home. I’d appreciate your help.”

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
You were born to die like this for me
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

Chin smeared red with conspiracy
                  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

With dust on your lips
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

Tell me, do you exist?
                          ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

User Image

Calder’s eyes flickered to the moon-eyed man’s nervous hand movements, taking notice of the way he clutched his bag. Assuming his girth had put the man on guard, Calder offered an easy, friendly smile. He was in a good mood this day, and wouldn’t mind rounding up some drinking buddies to palaver with in the evening. He could stand for some good company, and the added benefit of liquor-loosened tongues would be sure to provide a good deal of local information.

“Relax, friend—“he began to say, but the waitress’s sudden summoning interrupted him. Her blonde hair and cerulean eyes gleamed in the solemn lighting of the tavern. Her dewy skin emanated fresh girlishness; her teeth shone pearly white. Calder imagined the skin underneath that lime-orange frock glowed with the luminescence of unblemished youth. Now was not the time, however. Today was not a day for business—it was a day for blessings, good feelings, and relaxation. The waitress was blissfully ignorant of her good luck. She would be subjected only to the daily lusts of young men, such as this young man who burned scarlet when she arrived. His taller friend watched on, mirth contorting his features. The blue-eyed boy, red-faced and sputtering, melted into a puddle at the sight of her. The two looked nothing alike but acted as though they were two siblings who had yet to learn what it was like to be a man. Calder felt a spike of impatience, but he wrestled it down.

“Thank you,” he said to the waitress after she imparted her information. He did not bother disputing her assumption that they were all together—his mind was too busy processing what she had just said. The Mage’s performance would be soon. Calder wasn’t sure what exactly was going to happen, but he had heard from more than a few people that the Mage performed blessings. Calder wanted his mother’s seastone to be blessed. He wanted it to have some small fracture of power, so that he might be able to use bits of magic here and there in his future endeavors. Lately he had felt more aware than usual of the sparkling blue stone that had rested around his neck for years. For the past few months, he would awake in the mornings with his hand clutched around the tiny thing, something he had never done before in the past. Increased preoccupation with the stone often led to increased preoccupation with thoughts of his mother, something he had not done consciously in years.

Calder had spent the last few years of his life distracting himself from his past mistakes and selfishness in regards to his family, but it was beginning to catch up with him. Though he pushed it relentlessly to the bottom of his mind, lately it had been bubbling to the surface of his percipient thoughts. He continued to live his life the way he had always lived it (restlessly and with little regard for others), but he was beginning to pinpoint the source of his disquiet. Each year as his age increased, so did his desire for inner peace. He was not yet aware, but he had begun his journey.

As the waitress took their orders, Calder snuck his in. Since he hadn’t looked at the menu, he ordered a vague meat-and-potatoes type meal. He was just craving some good cooked meat; anything other than fish. “And some mead.”

He pulled out the remaining wooden chair, unheeding of any social cues implying that his presence might not be wanted.

“I hope you don’t mind if I join you,” he said lightly, sitting down heavily. “I’ve only just got in myself. My name is Calder. Yours? Did you say you were also travelers? Where are you from, if I may ask?”

Though their constant playing around was annoying, Calder was curious as to where they’d come from, and where they were going. He did not plan to stay in Lenti for long, and he was tired of traveling alone. He needed a group, a band of people who would not ask too many questions. It would be difficult to find, and even if he did manage to find such a thing he probably would not be able to stay for long, but he had to start looking somewhere.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Ѵeȴɩus Kɩɾʈɑ
      ɳoble
      User Image
      Ah, so Arin was the suspicious one's name. He chewed upon his treat before licking his lips as he swallowed, all the while watching Arin unconsciously harass Aria and studying her reaction. He knew the seer would jump at any prospect of contact with her being, for it was through such contact that her visions seemed to primarily be produced. What caused him great wonder as he turned his head to watch her storm off and away from the scholar was how one afflicted with such a curse would ever be able to fully live out the more affectionate parts of their life. He reasoned upon whether or not it was because of this that Aria was prone to such a temper.

Not unlike a clueless animal who wished for more delicious delights, he followed along after her as she trampled off in her blind rage. Having the perfect intention to find out what it was that she desired so badly to tell him, he wasn't about to lose sight of her the way he did with the fainting femme from earlier. He had not an inkling of where she was headed nor if she had any idea herself of where she was going. A shame it was when she had not run herself into a wall or a rain barrel. How he would miss watching her stumble about when he opened her eyes to sight, but in the event of that, he could always ask her to humour him once she could see again.

His tail swished excitedly when Medayo came into view. So it seemed that he would not have to shadow Aria all the way back to camp. He allowed himself to be picked up and he proceeded to curl up inside her arms to become a little bundle of warmth, whiskers and contented purring. A witch and her black cat, just like it should have been. But his mind was not exclusive to Medayo. Far from it. Even with his eyes shut, partly thanks to the heightened senses granted by his feline form, he was acutely aware of everything that was going on around him. Of the hand giving him a tingling sensation all over, of Aria's anger, Arin's attempts at reconciliation, and Kemun's pleas for her return to peace. He wasn't even concerned with the cause of argument was any more, his attention only on what he could make out of the excitement.

He gazed steadily at Arin as he admitted guilt for Aria's anger. Velius expected the other man to want to find out the truth of whether or not he was a cat. Very well then, let the others become ever the tempted to think the scholar crazy. For now, the noble desired to remain an audience to the grand scheme of the show, but he was willing to poke fun at this one actor. With any luck, if the others didn't decide to head for the town square its market and upcoming event of their own free will, Medayo would have had taken note of the mage's performance and understood that under no circumstances would he dare miss such a spectacle, and in turn inform the rest of them of thus.

Interesting Prophet

~~~~Nesa Comec~~~~User Image

Nesa felt guilty and a little stupid for not asking Rachelle what he was going to do. Caden chose not to scold her, maybe he saw her guilt and didn't want to make it worse. Whatever reason it was she was thankful for it. Nesa walked behind the group silently. She had the urge to go run after Rachelle and try and find him, but she knew she wouldn't find him. She needed to stay with everybody else. They needed to get their bodies back as soon as possible. Nesa didn't like the stillness of this limbo thing they were in.

Nesa listened to their talking and was surprised to hear that Caden said about the fox and the little boy. She racked her brain trying to think of anything like that with her. She thought she had seen a baby looking her way, but babies tended to stare off a lot. Then the irritable man made a point that made some sense, but Nesa doubted the horse would be able to warn anyone fast enough. Writing with a hoof couldn't be a fast process. Phedre could talk with it though. It was logical. For once the man's gripings were good input.

The group finally came to town and the creepy lady, Medayo, had grabbed a hold of someone. Relief flooded through Nesa when she saw it was Aria. It was so nice to see a familiar face. She wanted to run and give her a big hug, but that wasn't possible at the moment. Aria seemed to be irritated, and she was looking for Velius. Why was she looking for him? Did something happen? Suddenly Nesa was extremely annoyed with the lack of communication with Aria. She wanted to stomp her feet and have a little child tantrum, but she controlled herself.

Then a man that Nesa had never seen before came up and said that he was the reason she was upset. If should talked to him she would have questioned the man, but obviously she could because they wouldn't be running and with the weird lady. “This is infuriating.” Nesa said quietly, crossing her arms and glaring away from the group.

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

Sleep with the devil and then you must pay

“There was nothing you could have done, Nesa” Phedre said with a tone that she hopes came out as gentle, holding her own suspicions to herself. Back home when a knight said that they ‘had something to do’ it usually lead to finding them with their own bloodstained dagger in their hands and a pool of blood around them, or on the side of the enemy which was arguably worse since they had to kill him later anyway. That was the main reason why the blond forbid her own knights to go anywhere alone, yes even to piss. It was uncomfortable but it kept more of them alive.
              But could they even kill themselves like this? The chimera didn’t seem like someone easily broken, if he had indeed spent most of his life in that underground roadway, but maybe it was the hopelessness of the situation that’d done him in? Or maybe they would see him on the side of a powerful enemy soon enough, ready to finish them off armed with information about each of them? Their strengths and weaknesses? They did spend a good amount of time together, all of them. Purposely or not, they probably shared some information about themselves. Maybe they would awake in their bodies only to find an ambush waiting for them while they were still weak?
              But why would someone wait for them to find their bodies, maybe they would simply get rid of them, eat them or something?
              “You couldn’t have stopped him, really. And it’s not like he can go far.” Maybe Rachele simply wanted to play hero and found himself slowed down by the rest of them? Show up in the nick of time with hands on hips and a pretty face clinging to the shoulder, swooning? Big damn heroes and all that. Was he even such a type? If so that was a bit stupid of him, seeing as they had no means of leaving notes to each other save her and Jafar.
              “We could still find him somewhere, it’s not like he’s easy to miss, Nesa. Maybe Miss Medayo would be able to help us find him after we take care of our own bodies?” Yes, his body should be around with theirs. They were all most likely dehydrated and famished by now, so getting the bodies came first to assure everyone’s survival.

“I assure you I have no plans of running away, for now.” The Knight Commander’s daughter said dryly to Caden at his warning and started fondling her missing ring finger again with a mildly bored look (she needed new gloves to hide it)
              Who knows what kind of trouble they would fall into next, so keeping together may not be an option, but she wasn’t stupid to leave people who could help her. And her plans were actually quite opposite of running away, she had hoped that she could stay with the Caravan after this was over, to help, in nothing else
              "My services could extend beyond this if your friends need protection."
              She had come to tolerate them mostly throughout the past few days and managed to keep a neutral if not a bit overly cheerful disposition by calling everybody a friend. Nesa was definitely one of her favourites, the way she reminded Phedre of a younger sister she never had, being an only child. None of them knew too much about each other and the blond made sure she didn’t say anything too important just yet. The necromancer thing was just a story from her past that gave little away except maybe that she had no problems fighting flesh raising monsters to stay alive. So far they only knew what someone allowed to be known. If they could use weapons then maybe the knight could have observed the way they fought and memorized it, using it for later.

At least they needn’t worry about Medayo. Maybe she could summon some zombies or something? That would have been magnificent, Phedre thought. They could throw their limbs at people they couldn’t hit. And they would never be tired. Maybe that necromancer business was not such a bad thing after all?
              Aye…I feel rather useless without a weapon, not much we can do,really. Scouting time over,right? This..this right here is the hard part.” Caden’s frustration was apparently shared.
              Are you suggesting we use animals to help us?” Brows furrowed in thought as she ran trough several scenarios in which shivering foxes could help them out
              We could make a trap, perhaps? If we find a bigger animal that can respond to us? Foxes could work, as well, perhaps as a distraction?” That was when she heard Draaz and stopped in her tracks to look at him while he was speaking, as is polite.
              The man had more than a point, he had the ******** line. While she had left Jafar in hopes of him being able to help the people back at the Caravan, the blond realized that it was a rather stupid thought in hindsight. The priest looked like he somewhat regretted suggesting the idea of her horse speaking being put to use and Phedre assumed that he might be angry about something. Her eyes widened in appreciation and she gave the man a dimpled smile
              You are right, my friend. I should have made him come with us. Thank you for pointing it out.” While Phedre hated being corrected and was prone to lashing out at people who questioned her methods, she did not mind as much when the comments were helpful.
              “Perhaps we can still get his attention,he is bound to be eating here somewhere, if not I am sure there are a lot more horses in the village with whom I may be able to speak now. Caden I could call the horses for help if the need arises, I have done so in the past. They usually just need a bit yelling a motivation to follow orders” The native horses had a strange accent she could place and were generally unhelpful. Merchants’ horses should be in greater number by now and they tended to be a tad more refined. Phedre put a hand to her heart and bowed her head to Draaz in a very knightly fashion that would have been complete if Draaz was a princess
              “Thank you!” Let it be known that Phedre Varga was not ungrateful in extreme circumstances.
              You can go on without me, I’ll catch up! Or stay! Either is fine”She called back to the group and took a few steps in the general direction of the Caravan, thanks the Gods they weren’t too far away, and a deep but unneeded breath before neighing with the force of an angry Giant.
              It took a few moments, but a dusty spot could be seen in the near; a dusty spot that took the shape of Jafar, who looked very unimpressed if horses could look unimpressed. He was eating some sort of flower he found Gods know where, probably when he was out eating, which may explain how he showed up so fast.
              “It appears we may have need of your help, Jafar”
              “I figured, but couldn’t that have waited ‘till after lunch?”
              Don’t talk with your mouth full.Come,please” After a half-hearted glare thrown Jafar’s way, Phedre skipped towards the others
              “Jafar, go follow Medayo, the one with black hair, it would arise suspicion if people saw a lone horse walking the streets. Pretend to be her horse, alright?”
              The blond pointed at the woman who had been joined by three more people in time which Phedre approached a bit closer to study while Jafar tried to inconspicuously pretend that he belonged to the woman. As inconspicuous as a large, brown and black horse hewing plants suddenly appearing and breathing at the blind girl and the guilty looking man could be.
              Who are they?” Phedre asked, shifting her gaze from Caden to Nesa to Draaz. She knew next to no one on the Caravan, thanks to her abrupt appearance and disappearance, but perhas her new comanions did. Or at least Nesa, who seemed to know the girl with the blindfold. The knight quickly marked up their features in her head, only needing names now and then stared at the cat in Medayo’s arms
              Cute cat. Reminds me of my first pet.” It was a war dog, ‘Fleshybites’. Later on she found a little wild cat that she named ‘Ser Bloodfang Hans Joseph’

Sleep with the devil;
                        The devil will take you away

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

xxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
    xxx
    xxxxCaden AlinarixxxxGuard

Caden caught her drift. "If you're thinking of joining the caravan, you won't find any opposition from me," he told her with a friendly grin. "You could help me guard the caravan. I need someone to keep me company." Especially someone with fantastic stories to share. When they weren't little wisps of spectral energy. The prospect of a normal night under the stars was uplifting, and as he turned his gaze at the forest for a short moment, he captured in his mind the image of finally getting the chance to feel the tree bark under his fingertips and being together with the rest of the caravan.

"And sure foxes and animals." Anyone who knew Caden well would have realized that there was something wrong with him agreeing with the notion. His plans were usually solid, based on hard facts and precedence. The unknown was his mortal enemy. What was unknown had to be discovered, and the truth wrung out. Talking with animals was a ridiculously far-fetched idea, and the fact that he was willing to go with a measure as drastic as talking to animals reflected upon his desperation.

Nevertheless, he didn't expect anyone to actually pursue that course of outrageous action. "Hey wait! Where are you going?" he cried after Phedre before sighing defeatedly as she disappeared from view. Didn't she just promise that she wasn't going to run off? "It's one thing to propose a plan, but another to take it and run off while you're at it," he muttered to Draaz and Nesa. His tone was not upset, only touched with mild annoyance. "Couldn't you have made your suggestion while we passed by a stable?" He studied Draaz for a second before turning away. "Never mind... Getting her horse to help was a good suggestion."

Following after Medayo, his attention was next stirred when the witch folded over. Curious, Caden strolled a bit past her to see what she had picked up. His face was poker as he thought, Oh! You little...

"Great, you're back!" His face lit up when he saw Phedre again. "Her name is Aria," he informed Draaz and Phedre, motioning at pale woman with hair as black as the night. Caden didn't know her personally, but Velius had mentioned the seer a lot an had asserted a great deal of 'great things' that he was going to do with her. Caden wasn't about to include all of that. "She is a merchant, but I don't know her name." As he indicated to the Northenwood woman, he distinctly recalled Velius expressing what a shame it was that he knew not her name, her whose beauty rivaled the moon's. Caden mentioned nothing about the cat. For all intents and purposes, it was supposed to remain inconspicuous whenever possible, and that much Caden understood well.

"Guys, quick question. Who's watching over the caravan?" Not the horse, not any longer at least.

_______

For the briefest of seconds, a great sensation washed across the village like a tidal wave brushing past a coastline. Touching not a soul but those of the ones that were in spirit form, the feeling was one of warmth, like soft, consoling arms that settled over one's shoulders after a long day. Something wanted to comfort the ones that were missing their physical bodies, but what was it?
xxϺɑяʗσxxxx

User Image
╔═════════════════════╗
Friendly Travelling Übelist
╚═════════════════════╝

Bethryl - LentixxxxxxxxxxxxArriving and Retrieving ingredientsxxxxxxxxxxxxxWith... A grey haired merchant!

xxxxxxxSleeping alone was dangerous most of the time. The likely hood that any number of vile beasts, man or monster, was almost a certainty every night underneath this countries skies. But how long could all of them keep running really? Everything had to sleep sooner or later. What was one to do with such an impossible situation? It was simple, or atleast he though so. Which is why he was still alive. It was all depended on the right combination of running, climbing, searching, and a smiggin of wits that allowed even the loneliest of roaming souls to survive the wildness. What is this solution, you might heard ask? Sleep whenever possible and always pick the place few can access. For instance, the spaces under rocks, or in the trees, or in a boat set adrift. No one ever said that these places had to be suitable for sleep, only that they are inconvenient for ambush. In all truth, it paid to have company wherever you decided to travel but it was useful to be able to live alone too. Which is how Marco had arrived here; in Lenti.

xxxxxxxMore specifically, he was drifting nearer and nearer to the village nested in the rocks, allowing the waters of the lake to carry his unconscious body about on its whims. A small fishing boat ,his chariot, only big enough to fit a man and child had become his mobile outdoor tavern. Through the wood the lake water had found its way and now a layer of moisture had coated the bottom of the craft. And still, Marco wasn't ready to stir from his glorious slumber, perfectly comfortable with the slight bit of water nibbling at the side of his face and crawling into his clothes. It was merely another thing that you had to compartmentalize and ignore. Marco deserved such peaceful rest after all he had to go through to get to this point. Of course, he wouldn't spin the tale quite so colorfully as many any adventurer would, but Marco's travels weren't something to forget. His tale was one that started many years before, back in the peaceful land of Westerwood, a land he could have called home if such a place could exist for him anymore. To say that he had chosen to set out on his journey across the great expanse isn't said without utter a lie. Replacing 'chosen' with 'forced' would get you closer to the reality but a perfect word to tie it all together would be to say that he had 'found the opportune moment' in which to leave behind what he had thought he had known in exchange for searching and discovering what he didn't, though making it sound like that just glorified more than Marco would carry to admit. To summarize, Marco had known he was not wanted in his village and to travel seemed to best way to solve the violently nagging problem that plagued him constantly. And so without much thought otherwise, he left, taking with him all he needed. This, of course, soon became much more difficult that he had first anticipated. Granted, he wasn't as seasoned as he was now and many mistakes were made with many days spent in search of answers that would never be given to him. It was a year along that he was able to finally get to a point where he could truly call himself a traveler.

xxxxxxxBut this story would take much longer to tell than the shore had time to give, as the boat drew closer to beaching itself. Instead, it would be much more prudent to relate how he came to find his travels here, in this boat upon the Lake Lentia, drifting along all by his lonesome. It was a few weeks ago, somewhere in Dreywood, that a small caravan, aided by a company of pathfinders, sought to find passage through the perilous mountains that made up Racluear. Among them was Marco, a humble traveler who had proven to be a capable member of the group. However, there was much debate about what path they should take. On one side, the path through the mountains on the edge of Dreywood, where the mountains were their thinnest, and on the other, the path up through Pilantos and Cliffrock. For what? Bethryl, of course. Much discussion between the pathfinders and the caravan leader ensued, ending in many stalemates and disagreements. In the end the caravan had become divided, some trusting the pathfinders' ability to escort them through the mountains safely and the others through the wastes and around the various beasts that lived there. Marco decided that the shortest path was more suitable than the one that had more potential to getting him killed. Many agreed with him, while others chose take their chances with beasts killing them over sharp rocks and long drops. And so they parted ways and his journey through the mountains began. The journey wasn't as peaceful as many had hoped. The third night they faced a tough torrent of winds that forced them to cling to the sides of rocks. Some prayed that demons would not come to grab them and through them off the side of the cliff. He assured them that the only thing that could through them off this mountain was a foolish misstep, not a demon. And while many admired his directness, other found his lack of faith unsettling, which made warm company lacking most nights. Still, they traveled for a week and a half more. It was when they had began their descent that many of the troubles started.

xxxxxxxIt is no lie that monsters lurked among the ridges of the Racluear's high rock faces, peering downward at them, haunting their steps and bidding their time, waiting until they had the advantage, waiting for when their strike would be the only one needed to. Night feel in the mountains quickly, covering the land in a great darkness in a matter of minutes. Thankfully, their guide was seasoned enough to acknowledge the need to stop and rest, even if they were so close to the end of their journey. It was the last that many of the caravan would get to see. With details covered in shade and chaos, Marco didn't know exactly had happened, only that he was of the last remaining after it all. He remembered howls and fast breathing, but it was in his own policy to forget names and faces that would not survive to help him in later. It was a horrible way of looking at life, he was told, but then he had been alive this long because he saved everyone that had ever been attacked. There were reasons one traveled alone, but for this time he was glad he didn't. The remaining few, didn't sleep soundly for the rest of the trip, though they did not see the beasts again, though heard their tongue across the wind. They reached a village beside the lake, parting way with the rest, some solemn and harrowed by the experience while others, him included, exhausted but otherwise unshaken. It was here that he boarded the small fishing boat. It was that finest, borrowed boat he had ever had the chance to pilot to be sure. Thankfully, the man who owned it didn't mind when he took it; he still had rest of the night to sleep peacefully before he did. Assured Marco was that the boat was serving a good purpose under his influence. Which brings us back to this point, right before the boat was to run up on the shoreline.

xxxxxxx"Wah!.... huh." The sudden jolt of the boat being run aground was enough to given the slumbering Marco, whose recently closed eyes were now open wide and scanning the area wearily. It appeared that he had run around off to the side of a river. Around him were trees, though upon closer examining of the area, it seemed like those trees stopped further down the river. That seemed like a good enough place to start as any, having no knowledge of where he was. The only reason that he thought to follow the river was in hopes of finding a village or at least another person along it, remembering that moving water was a powerful concept for grain farmers. That and to get out of the forest's canopy. It just felt odd to be here. Something unnatural emanated from beyond the trees. Still what luck that he found himself on a river! And of all the places the boat could have picked to beach itself it had enough sense to pick here. What a smart boat it was. It was sad to separate but Marco was sure if the boat was smart enough to get him this far it could take care of itself. He really didn't think the boat was anything more than a boat but the idea allow him to start his on a good note.

xxxxxxxIt wasn't long after he left the grip of the forest's treeline to see the village up the hill a ways. Before, his hopes of civilization had been kindled by sight of a bridge, which hasten his escape of the forest, the dreaded feeling scratching at the back of his neck, growing more forcible and constricting as he grew closer to leaving. By the time he reached the bright green fields, Marco had to catch his breath, bent over with his hands pressed against his knees to support himself. He breathed hard but why? He wasn't being chased, though whatever lingering in the forest his body seemed keen on making sure he knew the danger. And his body was rarely wrong when it came to such things, it having instincts that Marco could only hope to understand one day. Only the Primal Übelist knew how to do that and they weren't easiest to find, either because they weren't many of them or they just didn't want to be found. He knew he was told about them once and actually got to meet one of them once. He was able to write quiet an amount during that month. But now, he had to get to the village. With his breath retaken, his feet began to move through the grass. He only looked back once into the forest. He couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't going to be as kind as it had been again. Best to forget about it, he reassured himself.

xxxxxxxMaking his way up the hill, the tell-tale signs of travelers could be spotted about. Caravan wagons, wheel marks in the dirt, the smell of horse. He observed the people who accompanied them and it finally dawned upon him how pathetic a situation he was in again. He was, to make it simple, skint broke. Not a copper to his name! He made a habit of using money up when he got it forgoing the idea of saving it, knowing that it did no good to trust a few piece of round metal, relying on more personal methods of self-reliance to figure out problems. But it didn't make things easy for him, but he decided long before to stick to this sort of life. Which meant that 'Oh, a'snagging he would go,' with food finding its way to the top of his new priorities list. So with his goal in mind, he made his way into town, keeping a vigilant eye on any opportunity that presented itself. Which it did, in the form of a grey haired merchant, who seemed to be talking with a couple of woman who, like him, were interesting in the merchant's cart. What he had his eye on was a bag of dried maize, opened slightly enough to see what was inside. Marco, not being a thief by trade or in thought, still finding not many problems in taking things for living, made his way casually over to the cart, stopped by it looking at the inventory, even addressed the merchant a moment with a nod before taking the bag from the cart, inspecting it to make sure it was usable and then just... walked with it. He nonchalantly tied the bag up, tucked it under his arm and began to walk off. All Marco could thing of was where he might find a couple of eggs, remembering the basics for a bread-like food that one of his many caravan mates had done before. It was odd but good, he just needed to find the stuff he thought he remember when into it. As to how far he would get without the merchant's awareness kicking in was another thing altogether. Something that he would figure out when he got there.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ⓞⓞⓒ
Woo! Finally, got it done.
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Tipsy Poster

User Image

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Come follow with mexxxxxxxxxx
User Image
                                                Jon was vaguely aware of Halima tugging on his arm to get him to run but his focus was on the beast that was coming at them. He couldn't believe that this was how it was going to end. He had always imagined that he would be killed by a jealous husband someday...not being a hero for a woman who probably didn't even like him. He had ruined things with Halima so much that he doubted she would ever look at him the way he looked at her. He truly did like her and he didn't think that it was temporary this time. Maybe it was because he had to work so hard to get her or maybe it was just something about her that made her special. All he knew was that he wouldn't put his life on the line for just anyone. Aria, perhaps, because so few people would and because she had been his longest friend. He couldn't be friends with men for obvious reasons and being friends with women was difficult as well. Mostly it was just Chubby and himself. For some strange reason, the seer put up with him. Maybe it was because she had so few friends herself.

His mind turned back to the present and he realized that Halima had managed to tug him several feet but the bullthing still charged. They were doomed. Jon had only his lute and his thin frame to protect them. He wasn't as scrawny as he looked but he wasn't a strong man either. Halima could heal, he knew, but that would do little good against this creature. He had the feeling that neither one of them were violent people and that made them vulnerable in this instance. He gently pulled his arm away from Halima and raised his lute higher, getting a grip on the neck with both hands. If he was going to die now, at least he was going to die in such a way that he might have sung about it had he lived.

The beast stopped and then toppled over, skidding to a stop a short distance away from where they stood. He could only stare as the beast began to bleed out, it's blood staining the ground around it a deep crimson. Voices echoed around his head but he did not register them until the shock of what had just happened wore off. Halima was speaking to....to a man! His attention snapped back to reality and he looked around for the source of the other voice. A nice voice, if he had to admit.

The man was...attractive for an older man and he had just saved their lives. Jon could see why Halima might be interested in him. Still, her hand brushed his arm and he smiled softly at her. Maybe he was overreacting...well, he hadn't really reacted at all beyond looking in the man's direction. That was good. "You have saved us, sir, and I am very grateful. Perhaps I shall write a song about your valiant deeds. You say you protect this village with your magic. That is a ballad in the making, sir." He had considered using his peasant voice but decided against it. This man seemed to be okay. Unless he had sent the bullthings at them to appear to be a hero. Halima was quite pretty, he could see why someone might try to impress her. That would also make a good song but he didn't want to piss off someone who could kill a beast that large with seemingly no effort. "Might I ask what show you are referring too?"

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Come follow with mexxxxxxx

User Image

Tipsy Poster

If only night could hold you...User Image

Aria was still fuming when she felt an arm snake around her waist and a gentle but firm tug. The smell that invaded her nose was a familiar one but she couldn't place it in her surprise. She didn't struggle either. It was a familiar smell and she couldn't recall any bad memories associated with the smell. The voice that spoke moments later put her at ease and she relaxed into the touch. The words that she spoke were far from soothing though and she found herself angry once again. "How long until we can fix this problem?" She asked, her voice more desperate than angry. She could hear the others behind her and she knew that she didn't have much time. "I am so tired of having to rely on other people...I...I just want to be free."

The others caught up and she was surprised to hear remorse in their voices. They were pleading with her to calm down, to walk with them again. Why? She was a burden, dead weight. She had been fooling herself to think that anything romantic would have come out of this little stroll and Kemun had been pretty from what she could remember. It would be better for everyone if she just got out of the way. Yet here they were trying to bring her back into their little group. Did they honestly care about what she thought or felt? No one ever did, why would this be any different?

Her brows furrowed and she felt a little off balance when Medayo released her, though she didn't waver. "I..." She what? What could she say to them after the way she had behaved? How could she trust that they were actually being kind to her? Hadn't she been fooled by kindness before? Perhaps they were secretly laughing at her. She had rather liked Kemun from their previous meeting and she couldn't imagine that she would be so cruel but then....she had only met her the once. From what she had gathered from Arin, he didn't like her all that much. It was hard to tell with him though. She couldn't tell if he was deliberately trying to upset her or if he was being cruel on accident. Had she overreacted to all of this? She didn't know.

Medayo saved her from having to make the decision. She knew where Velius was. That was all that mattered right now. She could figure everything else out later. "Yes, I need to find Velius above all else. It's important." She stressed the last statement, hoping that Medayo would know that she meant she had had a vision. "It is something only I could know. Obviously I would like to see someone else about it first but he is the closest thing we have to a leader at this point."

...Where I can see you, my love

Nox Mortia's Fangirl

Fashionable Lunatic

User Image

User Image

User Image

Messed up v.v.
                                      Edited over the old post.
                                      Sorry crying

User Image
You can find me: Lenti
Talking to: Book, Jenny and newcomer
OutOfCookies: I'm sorry for the blahness v.v
                                    ___________________________________________________________

"Good, good." Finally, he swept his gaze away from the wagons completely and his attention was focused singly on the gentle woman before him who was uttering some lines of their helplessness in the plight. He held up a hand to assure her that she need not continue. "No, that cannot be right. Surely you have guards that oversee your well-being." It wasn't presented as a question, but there the statement was, albeit one that was all the ready to be denied.

There was a flash of surprise on the man's face at the minstrel's words of praise and promises of ballads. "You honour me with your praise," the Mage said as he gave them a grateful bow with one smooth motion.

"I fear I cannot tarry for much longer. The town awaits my presence. Here, why don't we discuss along the way to the square?" He made a gesture to a road that opened up to the village. "You've asked about the wards. The protection they grant extends from the heart of the village to the to the edges of the forest, as that is the amount of land that the villagers have made use of. No one dares venture farther into the woods, myself included, because there, no wards or amount of them can offer adequate protection."

As they headed up the street, villagers would call on the Mage. "Hail Agamemno!" they would cry, and he would respond in kind with a warm wave in the greeting's general direction. "My name is Agamemno, and I am a magic user of various sorts. Lenti is the preying ground of beasts and monsters from the forest -- dark spawn from the wrath of the demon of the lake. With regards to your inquiries about the show: aside from setting preliminary measures of defence through magic, I try to grant the villagers an audience at least once a month to tend to their troubles, whether that might be to repair their vases or their hearts or relieve them of whatever that might ail them. I am hardly a hero, I merely do what needs to be done. It saddens me to think upon what these people suffer at the mercy of the forest creatures. It's only been three years since the village last lost a boy to them..." He trailed off, as if lost in the reliving of a troubling memory.

"Would you care to tell me a little about your group? You belong to that caravan, am I correct to presume? What brings your folk to as humble a town as Lenti -- are you merchants or performers or perhaps something else? Travellers come through all the time due in grace with the village's location, and I enjoy hearing the stories that they bring."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff