Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Character Poll Round 10!

Lucien Balthazar Mchale - Vicious hunter of humans and dragons. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Vasul Calim Shahrad - Crown Prince of Shahrazad and righteous eagle among a flock of vultures. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Lorelei 'Ellie' Katerini - Knight Errant and Defender of Justice who will kick your butt! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Inyri Ven - Sharp-minded beauty and budding lady of wares. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Eriol Epheis - Mysterious man with an eye for the prize. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on November 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 169 170 171 > >> >>> »|

Greedy Dog

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXX❀ R є s υ ι a ❀

There were no words to describe the embodiment of stupidity that was locked in with her. She was grateful to still be alive at this point but that was where her gratefulness ended. Where was her matron saint when the courtesan needed her? She needed saving from a session of brain melting on whatever little intelligence Resuia actually had in her pretty little head.

"I was in the alley way trying to figure out what you were doing. I thought I'd pay back my dues to society and be a good little girl." The courtesan so badly wanted to not sound like a total donkey, suppressing her sneer and simply stating her previous motives in the alley in a hissing whisper.

The girl leaned against the back stone wall, crossing her arms in a spiteful manner as she watched with condescending eyes as the silver headed girl crawled along the bars? Did she honestly think that Resuia wouldn't have frantically searched for a way out before she awoke? Well the silver headed girl was right, Resuia was too busy panicking to actually comprehend what actions she should have taken. At least one could commend the woman for being persistent if utterly foolish.

When Ayn introduced herself as such Resuia cringed, she hated that name already. Now she had to do introductions too? Exasperated at the audacity of it all she decided it would be best not to give Ayn any reason to be suspicious of her yet, there would be plenty of time for that later, and if that time came then Ayn will not likely see anything coming. And heck for all she knew Ayn was actually a great warrior pretending to have the mentality of a.... Ayn. Great team? Right.

"Fine. My name is Resuia, I am a courtesan of the noble Shahrazadian courts." Or at least I used to be. Resuia flashed the girl a charming grin.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

xxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
    xxx
    xxxxCaden AlinarixxxxGuard

Caden gave Draaz's question a little weighing in his mind. Between the confident airs of the witch and the progress her grey pet was making, the he more he thought about it, the more assured he was that following Medayo was a better course of action. "Have a little hope. Velius trusts her and I'm sure it's for good reason. The level of faith he puts into her is unmatched." The others would know who Caden was talking about. He'd spoken of the noble to the others before. Not very often, but enough for them to understand their relationship as guard and charge, and in Nesa's case, to realize that he was Evelyn's replacement.

He turned his eyes back to the road, the witch and her pet. Despite sharing a surname, Caden didn't know very much about Medayo. He himself was only familiar enough with the woman to understand that she was interested in the darker side of magic. No one in his family paid much attention to this family member so very far removed. Some would even wonder why she was still allowed on the family compound. Most of them loathed her. It was a widely held belief amongst the family, more or less a clan, members that, having refused lessons in advance combat training, she was undeserving of the Alinari title. Caden took in these ushers with a grain of salt, aware that he'd only be brewing trouble if he, the upcoming head of the family, acted upon them.

She was such a foreign entity to him that this was possibly one of the closest he'd ever physically gotten to the Medayo in a long time, and it might not have even counted, since he wasn't even in his physical body. How he longed to return to his body, to be able to feel the wind on his hair and to wield his blades again like a warrior. Most of all, he yearned to recover his sixth-sense. In an effort to distract himself of his spirit's shortcomings and under the influence of some mild curiosity of what outsiders thought of Medayo, he angled his head towards Phedre and asked in a voice that only she could hear, "What do you think of her?" He wasn't about to Draaz about her; the priest's opinion of Medayo was splattered across his face.

Remembering the presence of the two teens that were bringing up the rear, for no longer could he simply feel them being there, his heart sunk when he only spotted one of them. He scowled. What had Caden been doing the entire time they were here? Oh yeah, keeping everyone together. He stopped in place and, his voice a little louder this time, asked, "Where's Rachelle?"

Lunatic

User ImageXXxxxxxxXXxXXXXxxxXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXX
Princess

XXXXXxx
XXXXX
NarcolepticOutspokenTomboy
XXXXXZzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzZzzZZZ
XXXXXXXZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzZZZz
ZZzzzZZZZZZzzzZZzzzZzzZzZZZz

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

"Ah, A courtesan? How amazing...." She said in a gentle, simple and unfazed voice, "I am but a simple Poet...I know nothing of the life of Nobles..." She lied, once again about her profession in an obvious manner. The whole thing was a lie, but the last part pertaining nobles was especially interesting. Often, she was a very terrible liar, but the only real tell this time was the monotone in her voice, which made her sound upset. "You're very nice for a noble. All the nobles I've ever met ha-" She stopped right there, wondering how a simple poet would be friends of nobles. "Well, actually...you're the first I've met..."

At this point, Ayn didn't recognize or know Velius to be a noble. Either way, she probably would have forgotten to mention the boy. Speaking of Velius, where was he? Hadn't he been with her when she passed out? Yes, that was right....they were just leaving from the bakery, and she was about to snack on her sweets. She didn't remember much more, except that she was about to take a bite...and then....and then nothing. The next thing she remembered was waking up in that cage. As the memories flooded her head, she stood up, darting to her feet and heading back to the bars.

"VELIUS? VELIUS? Are you in here?" After a moment of silence she turned back to Resuia, "Say....was there a dark haired boy in the alley way, perchance? I was with him...I was with him...before....Before coming here. Maybe he followed. Maybe he saw! I hope he's okay..." She thought for a moment, staring off into space before mumbling under her breath,
        "Though it would serve him right for being so handsy if he did get into a tiff with them.... A couple smacks....at least."

She turned her full attention to Resuia, flashing her a bright smile, that neatly shined like the sun. Even her eyes glittered, hopefully, "You know...He seemed like a nice fellow. Maybe he's on his way right now! In fact...He was concerned about me in the tavern...it's quite possible.....It's totally possible..."

She was completely wrong, but who could blame her. Technically, he was her only hope. Velius, Velius Kirta. If he'd seen it, then maybe. Maybe, just maybe he was heading to their rescue right then. After all, he'd been RIGHT THERE. He was RIGHT THERE! She could see the fresh memories in her head. The Alley Way couldn't have been THAT FAR!

There was a moment of pure silence with her, until she let out a sigh, a happy one. She looked at Resuia with a bright, bright expression, taking her seat on the moldy floor. She kept her eyes fixed on Resuia, hoping that it would brighten her spirits. She couldn't tell the hatred on the girls face, because all she'd ever known was people being extra kind to her. Even if they didn't like her, they feigned the entire relationship to seem like they did. However, what she did know was anger. Anger and sadness. She could tell poor Resuia was a mixture of that, at least. Her only problem was the fact that she couldn't fathom that it could possibly be aimed at her. She waited for her expression to change.

XXXXXXxxXXxxxXXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

User Image

Sleep with the devil and then you must pay

Phedre looked up from the crouching position she had taken beside Jafar’s legs when Medayo made her appearance, looking like salvation in a nice dress. The blond kept a neutral face, only raising an eyebrow at the fact that she could see them while Jafar shook his head and tossed his mane, though that was probably a method of shooing away flies rather than a real reaction. She felt hopeful and smiled widely after a few moments, standing up with ease. She didn’t feel tired in this form, she noticed
              . The blond was pretty confident that they would be getting their bodies back, it was only a matter of time, really. There were only so many places where you could hide a body and the Knight Commander’s daughter had seen most of them during her time as a knight (she especially liked the fake wall behind another fake wall spot, it was creative, though the guy who dressed them up as clothes mannequins also deserved a thumbs up simply for managing to hide the smell and make them look fashionable)
              “Jafar, I think we may be saved” Said the blond, turning her head up so she could stare at the horse who tried his best to look inconspicuous lest some town people decided he was a magic horse and that he should be paraded as a deity or thrown into a lake. You never know.

Phedre waited for everyone to follow the black haired woman, who was quite fetching she thought, before standing up and slowly stepping into her caravan, stopping for a few seconds at the door to turn her gaze around the area again. Someone might be following them or something could happen, and she liked to know even if she couldn’t do anything in this form. Whistling to her horse she raised her arm and neighed at him to help around if he could, which was carrying around people and things at best.
              Deciding that everything looked more or less peaceful she walked in with her head phasing trough the low door and the trinkets hung from the ceiling, not caring how creepy it looked to have a bird’s foot between your eyes. Her mimosa eyes quickly scanned the cramped place with great curiosity. She had no greater knowledge of magic beyond the basic but found it fun to sneak into alchemists’ laboratories and watch them work, occasionally passing ingredients and such without trying to bother too much, though most court mages were naturally very prissy. After a few incidents when young enchanters summoned some unholy planar beings that would have impaled them on the nearest church tower had they not met an unfortunate end via dismemberment by axe, they decided having a few meatheads around was safer.
              The blond listened to what the woman was saying, but crouched again to look at some charms and powders near the floor and did not contribute to the conversation in any way. Was she a necromancer? She must have been, because Phedre couldn’t think of anyone else who could help them with this problem but someone who decided to study that part of magic.If she was on their side then they were lucky.

Of course they had to pay, it was probably going to be something creepy like a lock of their hair or blood so she could make them dance around dead elephant bones (it happened to her friends once, it was funny but mean)
              After all was set and done, she waited for everyone else to exit before doing so herself again. It was a habit to guard them in a way even though Phedre knew that very little could hurt them now. She didn’t even have her axe if they got attacked by something that actually could harm them, but the blond was confident that she could still punch the brains out of whoever or whatever tried.

Passing by Rachelle and giving him a reassuring smile, Phedre hurried to the front near Caden and Medayo, wanting to get a better idea of where they were going. They looked pretty similar, now that she could see them both close to each other, but to the woman everyone was sort of similar in this land. She heard that black hair and red eyes were a trait native to a certain part of Albrind which she found most exotic. Blue and grey were usually common from where she was from, though rich women often drank potions or put some powders to change their eyecolours. Phedre found it a bit creepy at times and tended to avoid most formal outings ever since a few of them ended up with her literally flipping a tea table. Albrind was also much hotter, she noticed and definitely sunnier. But the wine was great and the people attractive which was enough for her to feel welcome.
              Phedre was absent-mindedly rubbing the stump of her missing finger (a tick she got whenever she was lost in thought) when Caden spoke and she turned her head to look at him and smile, her dimples showing
              “I ran into some necromancers in the past” The Knight Commander’s daughter spoke as she stared at Medayo’s back, somewhat interested in her clothes “Once with a group of about twenty, I think? It was fun. I met a new friend, funny fellow called Igor, measured my legs all the time talking something about perfect lenght” She grinned humorlessly although her voice was light and glanced at her legs“ I also had to bring back eighteen weapons and explain why someone’s relative was lying with half their body missing.” Tearing her eyes from Medayo’s back she looked at Caden “I had to off Igor, too, with his own saw, later on. But, yes, the lady doesn’t seem to be that type of necromancer and she knows more than us.Point is, we still shouldn’t piss her off too much . Honestly, short of searching everywhere manually, she’s our best bet, though I’m wondering what kind of price she would like us to pay. ” Phedre wouldn’t say that she trusted Medayo completely, but she realized that it was probably wise to just do as she said right now “Also, when this is over, I would like to hear some of your adventuring stories? I'm sure you have lots “ Having a fellow fighter in their midst kept the blond very happy, if nothing but for the fact that they could probably understand each other. The male probably had his own book of scars and talking about them to someone who went trough something similar was nice bonding
              So how do we protect her if whoever has our bodies decides they don’t want to give them back and attacks?” They couldn’t just phase at him or her and make threats
              “Unless she’s a fighter,too? Or shall we cross that bridge when we get to it?” Planning. Planning was good and Phedre liked planning. It gave her something to do.

Sleep with the devil;
                        The devil will take you away

Dapper Explorer

4,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
User Image

Červený Lliure Queryt

═══════════════════════════════════════

Stop changing your mind, it's doing my head in.

═══════════════════════════

She looked at Willa's back curiously. What the heck was she doing? She watched her suddenly start to shake. From fear? Did she feel cold? Was she having a fit? Was her body going into convulsions because maybe there actually was poison in her mug instead of tea? Červený almost reached out to put a (hopefully comforting) hand on Willa's shoulder when the younger girl turned to face her and her arm was left reaching out awkwardly. It fell down limply to her side when she saw the younger girl's tear stained face. For some reason the sight of it made her flinch back. Whaaaaaaat?

She waited patiently until Willa slumped on the bed and got her breath back. What she said next was definitely something she didn’t quite expect. Červený froze. Did she hear that right? Willa was... Pregnant? A blank look settled on her face, forced on by confusion and slight disbelief. “YOU HAVE A WHAT?” she said loudly, in a tone somewhere between a question and a statement. She stopped and scolded herself. Screaming wasn’t going to make anything better. “Oh gosh, sorry, it just… It just came out of my mouth. Sorry, go on. What’s wrong with that?” Červený asked patiently.

Hmm, so it moved. But wasn’t that… Normal? Wasn't it actually good? Cherry didn't know much about babies. When her own mother was pregnant with her younger twin brothers, she wasn't allowed to even see her until they were born. However she had overheard one of her maids who happened to be pregnant, exclaim happily to her friend that she could feel her baby kicking inside. That had to mean it was good... Right? Well, no point in taking risks.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with you, it's not like anything's going to rip you apart from the inside. You should've told me earlier, or were you keeping it a secret for some reason?" Červený asked, arching an eyebrow. "Let's go see my friend anyway, just in case." She sighed, stepping towards the door. Hopefully this wouldn't eat away too much of her remaining funds. She needed to finish that painting, pronto.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Willa Odette Wilafax

"I am not fat!"
" Oh that?.......is just....a...watermelon I stole..."

Willa whimpered as the words left her mouth. This woman was the first she had told about her baby. The last one to speak that news aloud had been the doctor that she had paid a few months before to look at her. She looked at the other woman and her eyes bugged as Cerveny started yelling. This made her tears even worse. Her shaking hands found a home over her mouth and her breaths began to take on signs of sheer panic. Strands of brown hair began stick to her tear drenched face. It was only the patient apology that stopped her from breaking into hysterics.

Willa took deep breaths. It was all she could do to calm herself down and be able to listen to the woman’s words, which in truth were making her feel better, and somehow confused at the time. Willa gulped and wiped at her eyes,red faced. She was embarrassed about the way she had carried on, and just to find out that there might not be anything wrong at all. She sniffled and then decided to take a stab at Cerveny’s questions.

“Um...well...Cherry...It ain’t too safe for too many people to know. I was trying to keep it quiet as long I can...”
Willa stood up, ready to go with Cerveny wherever she would take her. She just wanted her baby to be okay. She thought back to what Cerveny had said about not worrying. “B...b..but how could there be nothing wrong? ....I thought the magic...made the baby come live after it came out....” She said thoroughly confused.” I sure am glad I ran into you Cherry....” She said taking a deep breath. There was something about her that told Willa that it was okay to trust and that was saying a lot. She wasn’t sure she had ever really trusted anyone before but Willa was in a situation where she was willing to rely on trust, even though it had never paid off for her before.

"You put that hand on my belly.....you are not getting it back."

Interesting Prophet

~~~~Nesa Comec~~~~User Image

Nesa walked quietly behind everyone listening to their ramblings. Phedre was saying something about the lady being a necromancer. She wasn't exactly sure what the, but she thought it had something to do with the dead. If that was true no wonder Nesa got a weird feeling from the lady. Nesa highly doubted the woman was a fighter and she also doubted she would lay down her life to protect their bodies if they were attacked. In the state they were in there wasn't much defending they could do, and since the woman seemed to be the only person in town who had the faintest knowledge of them Nesa really hoped nobody try to attack.

Nesa grimaced when Caden asked where Rachelle was. She wasn't sure if she had just been hoping they wouldn't notice or just wouldn't bother to ask. Both possibilities were stupid thoughts. There was no way they wouldn't have noticed and Nesa was sure Caden wanted to protect everyone.

“He said he had something to do. He went off in the woods. I'm not sure where.”Though she had an idea. Nesa said staring at the ground, the easiest way to avoid Caden's eyes. “I asked him if he wanted me to come with him and he said no.” She couldn't hide the hint of sadness in her tone. She looked up at Caden prepared to take what he had to say. Nesa was sure Caden would not think she had made a good decision. She was still wondering if she had.

Tipsy Poster

If only night could hold you...User Image

Ari tilted her head up toward the scholar and smiled softly. So he had finally gotten the hint. Well good, she was tired of trying to keep her temper in check. Madame indeed! The fact that he was going to keep up the formalities was of little difference to her. If she got him alone in her wagon, they could get to know each other rather quickly and be done with such silliness. Even so, she didn't care. "Miss is perfectly alright, if you must use formalities. However I do hope that you feel comfortable enough to call me by my name if you mean to join the caravan." She put a flirty lilt to her voice on the last statement and her lips curled into a knowing smile. Had she not been wearing a blindfold, she might have winked.

Instead she moved her hand forward when the meat disappeared from her fingers and a loud purr resounded before her. Her fingers only had moments to brush against the soft fur of the creature before she was pulled back to her feet. She may have protested if she hadn't felt the warm mist of the scholar's breath against her neck. Indeed she barely heard his words at all when the soft skin of his lips brushed against her ear. Gods but she needed a man. If an innocent whisper could make her insides somersault like this, she knew she was in trouble.

She swallowed roughly and nodded, though she didn't understand at all what he was talking about. With his body so close to hers, it was very difficult to think at all. His warmth flooded her through the hands that were gripping her shoulders. She felt almost dizzy and, for a moment, panicked that she was having another vision but no, there was fabric between his flesh and hers. She was actually surprised that she hadn't gotten one when his lips...Well she was surprised that she hadn't gotten one then, now that she thought about it.

It wasn't until he offered to take Kemun back to the town after they dropped her off at the caravan that she came to. A loud sigh escaped her lips as anger and annoyance replaced whatever spell the man had cast on her. "Do forgive me if I am harsh but I believe that I have been silent for long enough. I need to find Velius and that does not mean that I should be dumped off at my wagon like some burden you care to be rid of." She knew that her face was turning red but she didn't care. She was angry and humiliated and she would have her say. "I understand how guiding a blind woman may be inconvenient and I apologize for this affliction that I cannot control. However, I MUST find that blasted noble NOW if I have to go off searching for him myself. By all means, escort Miss Kemun where she wishes to go. I will be just fine alone."

With that, she wrenched out of the scholar's grip and stomped off in the direction they had just come from. Part of her hoped that they would follow her but another part of her knew it was unlikely. The sooner she was fixed, the better. She was tired of being left out just because she was handicapped. She was still human, she still needed companionship! No one wanted her though. It would be better for everyone if she just dropped dead. Well maybe they would get lucky and she would fall into a ravine in her blind stumbling. One could only hope.

...Where I can see you, my love

Tipsy Poster

User Image

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Come follow with mexxxxxxxxxx
User Image
                                                Jon hardly heard anything after Halima denied being a lesbian. Well, she didn't flat out deny it but she denied that she liked women more than men. Which was really the important thing right then. He didn't even notice that she was mad at him, he was so happy. The love of his life might love him after all!! His heart soared. Now her running away made so much more sense! Well and how was he supposed to know that she wasn't a lesbian. She had acted all upset around Ari and she hadn't done so around him. Or was it the other man?! No. No way was she more attracted to that smartly dressed fop. Oh he didn't care! Not at that moment. The important thing was that he had hope! Even if she didn't like him now, she might come to care for him eventually. Until that day, he would not rest until he proved himself to her.

With a brilliant smile on his face, he took hold of her shoulders in a gentle but excited grip. "Oh Halima!! This is the most wonderful news!! I...Don't you see?! The only reason I turned my attention away from your awesome brilliance is because it broke my heart to think that you might never love me as I love you." His face was alight with relief and happiness. "You are so beautiful and caring and gentle...I thought that you were forever out of reach from the way you acted around our dear seer. So I turned away to hide my hurt and disappointment. It is how I grieve, don't you see?! Kemun...lovely Kemun...pales to you as the moon does the sun!!"

He took her hand and knelt on the ground as a player knight might take the hand of a fair maiden. "My sun, my goddess, please forgive me in my weakness. I shall simply die if you should hate me. I feel my heart falter at the mere thought that I have incurred your rage. Please please accept this poor minstrel's apology. I shall never ever take my loving sight from your magnificence again." He gently kissed her fingertips and....

A noise interrupted him from saying anything more. A terrible noise that shook him to the core. Without a moment's hesitation, he lept back to his feet and took the healer in his arms. For the first time in his life, he felt that something...someone was more important that himself. As the beasts charged from the bushes and struck the wagon, he shifted so that he held Halima behind him and took the neck of his lute in his free hand to brandish as a weapon. For a moment he believed that they may be safe but then one of the beasts turned a hateful gaze on them. His heart beat quickly and he trembled despite his brave pose.

A loud braying met his ears and the sound of breaking wood. It wasn't until the fat mule came barreling toward the beast that he even understood what had happened. "CHUBBY!!" He yelled in a voice filled with a mixture of shock, amazement and fear for his best friend. The mule kicked up his hind legs and brayed loudly once more as if issuing a challenge then......bolted into the woods in the opposite direction. Jon's shoulders drooped as he realized that they were doomed.

Hey ladiesxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Ho ladiesxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Come follow with mexxxxxxx

User Image

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

xxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
    xxx
    xxxxCaden AlinarixxxxGuard

Caden's gaze returned to Phedre before alternating between her and Medayo, and twice (a look and a double-take) to the space of her missing digit, as the lady knight offered him her opinions and her tale. He quickly shook his head when she suggested he share his stories later as well. "Oh no, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with anything as worthwhile to tell about. Storytelling isn't something that comes naturally to me..." However, even then as he made his protests, a recount was bubbling up to the surface of his mind. Strange things happened during the training he'd been put through under family tradition, events that were so unheard of that they were by no means not bound by a non-disclosure oath. But this wasn't the time to share them. The only story Caden was interested at the moment was that of Rachelle and where he had run off to. He held a hand up to pause the conversation between Phedre and him so that he could center his attention on Nesa.

At her responses, his grim expression deepened before twisting into utter shock. "You--what? That's it? That's all he told you?" he demanded the girl, but not too harshly, or so he hoped. "Had to do something": the most generic excuse of the book. Why was Nesa the only one to receive the news? Caden's muscles tensed and he rubbed at the space between his eyebrows. Alarm, betrayal, the fear for the worst. A cascade of thoughts and feelings falling on top of one another like a shower of dominos. But whatever sort of berating Caden could have dished to the girl, he couldn't do it. Not with the way she turned her face to the ground with grief when she'd spoke and the soft expression she stared him down with as she braced herself for the worst of Caden's wrath. What good would come of it anyway? Maybe she was actually telling a great big lie. Maybe she knew what was up, and she was only hiding the knowledge from the others. Maybe... maybe... But she couldn't have. "Fine, whatever." He turned away from her and waved a hand dismissively. "Just no one else go running off too without asking the rest of us first, please." As exasperated as he was with her, Nesa would come to harm by his doing, small or large, because he trusted Nesa and in all practicality, there was nothing that could be done about Rachelle now that he was gone to who knows where.

He proceeded to stride in silence, brooding in a mix of anger and self-hatred. He thought himself weak and loathed himself for letting his lack of his sixth-sense, a power that had been with him pretty much his entire life, get in the way of his behaviour and better judgement. Even with Phedre's question hanging in the air, he did not answer her right away. When he did, his answer was as slow and deliberate as the forced meditative breaths he had been taking moments before. "Medayo has the skills necessary to defend herself." She was still family, so she had the pleasure of learning to handle pointy things a little more often and an ounce of a tad better than regular folk. He wasn't aware of how her true potential in a fight though. As shameful as it was, he wasn't familiar at all with the extent of her other capabilities and whatever black magic she had used to summon her pet. He didn't have much to offer Phedre in response, but he welcomed any chance at conversation to distract himself from everything that was wrong in his world at the moment. "In any case, we're not in any position to defend her. I hate how useless this... state makes us. Perhaps we could... form some sort of signal to warn her of danger? Or maybe we have a greater connection to the environment than we've believed. I put my hand on a kid's shoulder the first day we were here and I swear he shivered. I'd found a fox in the woods too that kept staring in my direction." He didn't mention that at the time of incident, he had coincidentally been attempting to converse with a rock he had been making grabs at.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx██ ▌ g e n t l e h e a l e r xxxxxxxxxx

Jonathan was so happy about her assured sexuality that he disregarded her anger at him. Halima wasn't sure if her anger was justified or not,but it didn't matter because she felt a heavy pit in her stomach, a tightening her her throat, and he burning sensation of frustrated tears stinging at her eyes as Jon spoke. She was angry and she was beginning to realize that Jonathan was a man that disregarded things that he did not like. Again the bard was pledging his love, explaining his actions when they had been together before in town. He’d only given her the cold shoulder because he thought she wasn't interested in men, the mere words that poured from his mouth proved to her that his love was a very fragile thing.

How fickle you are Jon” Her voice was sad, even as He went down on one knew and took her hand in his. His words were touching and dramatic as always, but she was beginning to like that about him. But They obviously had two very different idea’s about love. Hal could forgive him everything at this moment,trust him again with her feelings and try to come as close to him as she could being what she was now, but she could never be what he wanted her to be.

This was getting way too heavy for Hal to wait any longer to diffuse. She liked Jon very much, but he was ready to do....what exactly? He was passionate in his words,he was as a torrent of wind,gusting through the valley, ripping up anything that wasn't bolted down, leaving things devastated, his love promised to be the same way.

Jon please...I do like you, but it’s not abou...”Hal couldn't finish her words before something came crashing through the the edge of camp.Halima’s face followed as one of the many blue painted wagons went soaring off into the thicket.Her face, filled with fear aimed to the creature responsible. It was like nothing the slave had ever seen. Jonathan was quick to react, grabbing her and moving out of the way as one of the beast came charging at them, placing her behind him, protecting her for what it was worth. The only thing she could think was that now the beast had all it's ducks in a row.

Jon we must run”She said but her own voice sounded unsure. The creature would undoubtedly be upon them in seconds. Those few seconds however were all they needed, when a fat mule came storming, braying and kicking. Jon knew its name and while he was standing there transfixed, Hal grabbed his hand and started moving as quickly as she could, while trying to drag a grown man with her.

___________________________________________________________

Jonathan and Halima: the two of them were sticks compared to the ton and a half of muscled flesh and horns that were hurtling at them. It wouldn't matter how many lute-brandishing minstrels stood between the bull and the fair-skinned maiden, they were all doomed anyhow.

But the attack did not connect. Instead, the monster's muscles seized together, stopping it dead in its tracks during its charge from the duo. Its legs gave way and it fell to the floor, but its momentum to keep it skidding forward. By the time it came to a standstill a mere yard away from Jon, its eyes were rolled back into its skull and its body was limp. A puddle of red started to pool from underneath the beast.

A short distance behind the bull stood a man with rich sapphire robes. He seemed to be in his late 40s and his greying and red hair drew attention away from the shadows under his eyes. There was an air of authority about him and as he lowered a hand, the demeanour morphed to include a kindly one as well.

"Are you hurt?" The man approached the pair in quick strides, all the while observing the surroundings, his eyes sparkling at the blue of the the wagons. His attention never seemed to stray far from the two, however. "You are safe now. I am sorry you had to witness that. The creatures in the woods are not the most pleasant of beasts, and unfortunately my wards on the village have been weakening in strength. Rest assured that all shall be solved today, when I attend the show."

Eloquent Streaker

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

════════════════════════ Dr. Whitnee Rasset ═════════════════════════

The young man could feel his patience growing thin. The old woman had been rushing him along for a good five minutes and he leaned over her vending booth for herbs. Whitnee was very particular about his herbs. He pulled some of what was meant to be shia leaf, native to this area, and expected it closely. He sniffed and shook his head. This was a waste of time. He looked up at the older woman with the graying hair. This woman was a total hoax. He straightened up and adjusted his vest and looked over her inventory.

“ Ms. might I ask...Where do you acquire your stock? “ he said giving her a sideways look. The woman hesitated then put on a big smile.

“ Only the freshest ingredients sir, handpicked by me from the forest!” She had transformed when she started speaking. She went from crabby old woman to charming business maker. Whitnee wasn’t fooled. He cleared his throat and shook his head. Then he spoke. His voice was soft and smooth, and yet beautifully to the point.

“ You are making a mockery of medicine. This is not shia leaf...this is thyme. That is not mandrake root. It is ginger. And that is not the end of the mistakes found in this travesty you call a medicine cart. That is not lovage. Lovage has wonderful medicinal properties. That is mustard, which can be used at best as an aphrodisiac. Either you are horrible at identifying even the basic medicinal herbs, or you are trying to trick the people of this poor village. Either way I am going to put an end to it before you make someone terribly sick. “ Whitnee reached into the sack slung across his body and pulled out a the soft, green velvet bag that held his money. He pulled out two gold coins and held them out to the woman. “ That should be enough for your inventory and for you to find something to sell that you may actually hold some success in.”

The woman stared at him and blinked. Whitnee assumed that she was was experiencing some sort or information overload. He added another gold coin and reached out with a sigh and pressed the money gently into her palm before returning the pouch back to his sack and taking the front of the vending wagon and rolling it away toward the building where he had been training the new doctor in this village. He knocked on the door and parked the cart out to the side. A young man came to the door, he was about three years younger than Whitnee, scrawny and slightly deshelved. His name was Andrew. Whitnee had been friends with his father once. He had come up to visit him about a month ago to find that the boy’s father was dead, and his son was alone and the town without a doctor. Whitnee had been teaching him the trade. Whitnee was sure that the boy was ready to doctor the town alone. Andrew blinked at the cart and drew a hand through his messy red hair as he stepped out of the house.

“ Whit....what is all this?”

Whitnee stood straight and dusted his sleeve as if dusting the effort it took to confiscate the wagon. He smiled at the young man.

“ This is for you Andrew. A lot of these things are useful. You can discern that for yourself using what I thought you “

“ Where did you get them?”
“ An old woman trying to pass herself off as medicine woman. You must be careful of people like that that. They can make your job here a whole lot more difficult. “

“I think that she used to sell cabbage. Can you stay and help me? “

“ No, Andrew. You will do it on your own I must prepare to leave.”

“ What? You are leaving me? “
“ You are ready. I will be around to say goodbye before I go.”

Whitnee left him to his work and turned and began to make his way back toward his horse and wagon which was parked in the middle of the square. His wagon was simple, it was tall and painted gray , with a door made of finished wood. It had a little sign to the right of the door that read. Dr. Whitnee Rasset. His horses, Faratees and Gilda, napped quietly at their posts, which was connected to the wagon. Gilda woke and rustled the white mane that contrasted her tan coat as her passed.

“Hello girl. “ He said gently shooing her as she attempted to take a bite out of the silk shirt under the vest he wore. He looked around his setup. It was in the middle of the village and the village leaders had asked him to move it many times, all requests which he had ignored. He wondered if he should secure everything inside before or after hooking up the horses.

Lunatic

≼≽≼Yggdrasil "Draaz" Søren Freud≽≼≽
(Igg-Druh-S-ill "Droz" Sh-roun Frew-oid)

User Image
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Extrovert CrypticDangerous
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Shady Priest
╚══════════════════════════╝

≼≽≼Far too risky To feed you with bare arms.≽≼≽
≼≽≼Wait your turn, you're greedy I hear you.≽≼≽

═════════════════ ═══════════════

User Image

Draaz didn't say very much as he tailed behind the group, viewing everyone but Nesa and the Chimera Rachelle. So, that pretty much left Caden the boy wonder and Phedre...the special blonde knight. The two of them seemed very friendly, which only made Draaz wonder how well they knew each other. After all, they were talking to each other without misreading the other's words or greeting each other's words with apprehension and disgust, like they did him. Not that he could necessarily blamed them. Usually he greeted other's with extreme charm and well-faked kindness. Now, the only thing that flew out of his mouth was the truth, and the truth was always less desired than lies. He had to admit that it made him out to be a whiny jerk/ worry wart. Hell, most of the time he'd spent as a ghost he'd spent it alone.

He watched them all carefully, capturing Nesa's lonely return and her sorrowful news. He blinked, taking a minute to mourn the sudden disappearance of the beautiful Chimera-man. Draaz was going to miss the man, even though he barely met the man before he'd gone and departed. The Chimera was the most interesting creature Draaz had yet, met and he was sad to have lost him so suddenly.

He looked at Caden, who seemed suddenly agitated by the news. He rose an eyebrow, letting a smirk gently tug at his lips. The guard man was awfully attractive with such a deep brooding look on his face. Well, perhaps losing Rachelle wasn't so bad after all. He welcomed the trade of the two eye-candies as he strode behind them. However, Caden was missing the exotic wings and horns...even the lion's tail would be missed. He looked at Phedre, next, who was oddly intriguing in her own way, what with her missing fingers and tragic back-story. However, from what he'd gotten to know of her, she was quick to jump to conclusions, and oddly lewd when it came to her conclusions. Well, at least that one time had been rather lewd, when she'd suggested a priest would be taking money for something as unsanctioned as taking money for charity when using his own body as the item to be paid for. At least, he'd assumed that, that is what she meant. Either way, it was rude and uncalled for. Then again, his reputation as a good priest was easily blurred by his current botched impression of a priest which he was making.

"It's possible...Perhaps your horse...." he looked at Phedre, pointing his thumb back towards the caravan, "It was able to see you....It even wrote out a message on the ground. MAYBE....we should have brought it along...." he shrugged his shoulders, "As a means to communicate, it seems awfully viable."

He stopped himself from saying much more. All of his suggestions had been squelched thus far.

═════════════════ ═══════════════

≼≽≼How can I protect myself from you?≽≼≽

≼≽≼Trust is for fools!≽≼≽

Greedy Dog

User Image
Ӎ ε d ɑ у σ
User Image
Medayo stepped quickly along the paved stone path, the grey creature having jumped onto the rooftops to avoid being seen by the towns people and ultimately, Medayo herself. What she could make out beforehand was that the creature had slowed down considerably when they entered the village, which was as good a sign as any that something was both amiss and their goal was closer than she had presumed. Still, that information meant that they would still have to search for the bodies without the help of her creature.

The witch elected to tell none of these to the ghosts that followed behind, not sparing even a glance to show that she had such inklings. But no doubt they would wonder exactly what Medayo fed her little grey thing to make it chase after their bodies.

She continued to strut confidently, weaving masterfully through the crowds and towards where she thought the grey creature would have been heading. As they entered a slightly busier district Medayo caught a glimpse of familiar dark purple tresses and blind eyes. Accompanied by a man, woman and a cat or so it seemed. Her eyes lit with recognition like smoldering embers coming aflame. And even more so when their conversation drifted onto her ears.

And as the blind woman stomped towards them, the witch wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled the younger girl to her side. "My dear, pray tell what bothers you to walk away unattended and without aid. You will hurt yourself." She smiled, holding her younger firm in her grasp while walking to Aria's companions and Aria herself. "You needn't worry for Velius, but should you seek him he will not be at the caravan. But I know where he is if you insist upon finding him. My business will take me to the sweet noble anyhow." Gently, she removed the arm enclosed around and bent fluidly to pluck the black cat from the ground and cradle it in her arms.

"Yes, I know just where he is." Pale fingers glided through the silky soft fur, scratching under the chin, behind the ears and along the supple backside.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces