Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you found yourself hovering between life and death, and were given a choice, what would you choose?

Death, as in the Utter Cessation of Existance 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Re-Incarnate as a New Creature, Memories Intact 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Re-bIrth as a New Creature, Memories Lost Forever 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Ascensd as a Better Version of your Former Self 0.10344827586207 10.3% [ 3 ]
Nothing, Remain in Eternal Suspended Animation 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Life in E'vahn 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Life in E'liohs 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Life in M'ahter 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Do I Have to??? 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
FOOOOD!! *~nom-nom-nom~* 0.48275862068966 48.3% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia_nitemareleft The End ~ ReIncarnated gaia_angelright

"Welcome to the Pool of Re-bIrth. I regret to inform you that your world has ended. Have you regained your memories from your other life or lives yet?"

These words greet you as you... well, for lack of a more accurate term for the feeling, "hover" in a seemingly empty space. It's bright, blindingly so - at least, you think it is. You're actually not too sure if you are "seeing" this space you are hovering in. Truth be told, the voice just asked you if you have memories, didn't it? Do you even remember what "seeing" is? And what "hovering" means? You think, find that you are pretty sure you do, and you try to remember other things since these memories are definitely clear to you.

As the disembodied voice seems to patiently wait for your response, you begin to recall things. Such as, the voice. You realize, it's more a coalescence of thoughts in your head that you understand to mean what you thought had been said out loud. Then you realize that, no, you aren't "seeing" anything. You also realize you are floating, but not "whole" - you are thought, nothing more, nothing less. And this place - its essence is familiar to you, you believe this is not the first time that this particular "voice" had come to you while you sat in a similar suspended animation before... When was that?

Then they come in like a flood. The memories.

"I remember..." as your thought solidifies and becomes real, the "voice" returns:

"Choose: Ascend? Or Re-Incarnate?"

You do not recall being given a choice the last time.....Right?

"Choose: Ascend? Or Re-Incarnate?"

You Choose...

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia_nitemareleft ~The world up to the moment of your "choIce" and immediately following it~ gaia_angelright

Remember all those old stories? Of the Apocolypse, the End Times, etc, etc? Remember being told "be good, or you won't go to heaven" when it all goes down? Well....in the year 268 S.C.E. (Space Colonization Era) the apocolypse happened. And guess what - no heaven, no hell.

Earth was destroyed - not physically, mind you, it's still "there", so-to-speak. No, it's just "dead" now. Those that had been in outer space, "colonizing" it, "ceased to exist" as well as all life on earth, their bodies now just decaying on the spacecrafts they had set off on, or in their respective colonies on the Moon, Mars, and in the various "space ports" built within the what we currently call the Solar System (we'd made it to Jupiter, and no - no aliens found yet). All of the "souls" from earthlings, yours included, were collected by some unseen force. Call it God, Allah, Buddah, the Divine, Fate....Aliens even works, it doesn't matter anymore. They are now being told to choose one of two things: AscensIon or Re-Incarnation.

You vaguely recall the "Soul Well of Existence" that your "soul" was essentially created in, and realize as you are given your "choice" that this is now where you are. The physical body that you recall from Earth was a "vessel" created to house your "soul" - that memory is a solid fact to you at this point.

The "memories" that flood in are from your time on Earth. You may choose what/when/who/how-many. Yes, I mean how many literally - you can choose that you had lived more than one life on Earth, if you want.

As you contemplate your "choice", you decide what your former existence (or exitences, if you so chose) on Earth had been, and then choose to either "ascend" and become what in this new existence will be known as an Asceni, or if you will "reincarnate" and become what will be known as a R'Inc.

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia_nitemareleft ~Characters/NPC's~ gaia_angelright

Se'lah - this is the "voice" that gives you the choice of Ascend or Re-Incarnate. As far as you know, it is the "voice of God" that old religions speaks of.
Mic'iel - Asceni. Leader of the Asceni, rare seen or spoken to by the general populace. It is believed he has a sister somewhere (according to whispered rumors).
Aidyn - Asceni (thought to be, at least). Chosen partner of the Asceni leader, he is never seen (only know of by name).
Gabri - Asceni. Diplomatic liason between the Asceni and the R'Inc. Older brother of Aidyn.
Luk - Leader of the R'Inc, though aparently not by choice (Sort of "elected" when the world started by the Asceni because he chose to be R'Inc). Chosen partner of Gabri.
Rein - R'Inc hermit, visited by Luk often for reason's unknown. Never interacts much with others, though whispered of by many.

The above are the "Everlasts", those that never leave their current existence to begin another. They rarely speak, and only to intermediate in any major conflict or affairs. These conversations may happen in PM between myself and characters (such as a DM in D&D passing a note to a player that saw something the others are not supposed to see yet), or be a "voice heard" in the actual role play itself.

gaia_nitemareleft ~Players~ gaia_angelright

Ana'seph (Aidylasia Fyrestar): Origin story unknown, but as she opens up to others, she might start talking of herself more. Feline R'Inc.

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia_nitemareleft ~The Races~ gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft Asceni gaia_nitemareright ~ You have the general appearance of what we commonly call Angels. Only difference: wing colors vary depending on your "rank". Basic commoners have white wings, nobility have gray, and leadership/authority have black. Wings are either feathered or scaled (like a dragon's) - you may choose which. Your rank changes as the story progresses, and your wing color changes when it happens.

gaia_nitemareleft R'Inc gaia_angelright ~ Bascially, you look like humans once did...only, there are variants. Some even have "animal" appearances (like a neko in anime). If the "animalistic" appearance is bird-like, however, wings are not gained, flight is not possible. There are no class separations amongst the R'Inc - and the different "species" inter-breed. The outward appearance is only indicitive of the inner soul's nature - i.e., 2 birds could have a cat, or a dog and a lion could have a bird. (And no - no fish-like appearnces are allowed)

gaia_nitemareleft Mixed gaia_angelright ~ Yes, interbreeding between the R'Inc and Asceni is allowed - in fact, if you read the post above, you will see that two of the NPC are "together" (chose partner). Any children born of the relationship have a chance of becoming either one or the other - there is no actual "mixed" race, I only made this "race" entry to explain this.

Once your race is chosen, it is not set in stone. If you want, your character may die and you be reborn as the other race - unless you have decided to become an "Everlast" (Prior approval needed).

gaia_nitemareleft ~Re-Incarnation/RebIrth~ gaia_angelright

At the start of your time in this world, once you have made your choice (and recieved any prior approvals needed from me), you will post your former life memories and your reborn self's new appearance/name/race/etc for your first post, and will then be added to the "~Players~" section in the post above. If you are unsure of any person's player name, etc, you may always refer to that section.

If at any time you decide you want your character to be reborn, after obtaining approval, you will quote your initial post from above, then add a "synopsis" of your life here up to that point and a new description of your new character (including name if you decide to change it) below the quote and post this as your new "start".

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia_nitemareleft ~NEEDED PLEASE!~ gaia_angelright

Artists - to draw characters if anyone wants one drawn. I'd really like one of mine at least done up, if others don't.

Moderators - Sort of hard to run an RP alone, especially an online one.

Players - No RP can happen without players!

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I am Ana'seph in this world I am creating thru the RP you are thinking of joining. Though technically an NPC as well, my character is undecided on if she wishes to become an "Everlast" as the other NPC's had. If you think you might wish to be an "Everlast", please bring it up to me in PM before posting your "response" to the "choIce" below. After "pleading your case", we will roleplay the option into your choice if you do decide to become one. Moderators may choose the Everlast option without consultation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Our world is M'ahter. I'm not sure which system it's in, or if it is even located anywhere within the Milky Way, let alone the known universe. I do know that it's beautiful, and though the plant and wild life have very distinct differences from Earth, it is otherwise basically the same. Land, Seas, Oceans, Islands, Hills, Clouds, Sky... Two "suns", so it must be a twin-star solar system. One is blue, the other yellow. Three moons - Blue, Purple, Red, though I don't know why they differ so greatly in color. Must be the dirt/rock composition. If we ever get a space program here, I'll be sooooo happy to go and find out everything about them! And since everyone retained their former memories, I'm hoping that won't take as long as it did on Earth... even one millenia would be too long for my curiosity to hold out.
After Earth ended, for lack of a better term, I was given a choice: Ascend or Re-Incarnate. At first, I wasn't sure what that meant, except that I would choose my new race on the new world to be created. As the imagery Se'lah fed me became clear, I decided to be something I'd always wished were real on Earth - an anime Neko. Tail, ears, everything - pure neko-girl! Calico, of course - my favorite cat color.
My brother and friends called to me to become something called an Everlast...they said we'd never have to be reborn again if we did. I don't know if I want to be one...I sort of like "restarting" from time to time. Be able to make different choices, see if a different outcome is possible...but, with the fact that this new existence is nothing like the previous, it might not be quite as I imagined to be "reborn" here.
I don't know about you guys, but I always think of rebirth or reincarnation as a chance to do things different. "This time, my life won't be as horrible!" ~ you know, that sort of idea.
From what I found out before making my "choIce", the Soul Well is "dry". It is no longer creating new souls! Therefore, those that exist now - we are it. If our soul "disappears" or is devoured by anything, there is no new soul to replace it. I'm not sure how this happened, but I think this means that we all must be very careful in this New World we call M'ahter.
Unfortunately, with free will comes many things. Especially discontentment... anger... envy... greed... all the hallmarks for War to happen. War breeds hate - and hate, unfortunately, draws the shadows...that which devours all....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff