Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you checked out the artist post? They'll draw your character!

Yes!! 0.71428571428571 71.4% [ 35 ]
No. 0.18367346938776 18.4% [ 9 ]
....You suck. 0.10204081632653 10.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Topaz Onerie

"Thanks for clarifying. I know about demons, but I haven't met any. It's like reading and studying about a far away place, but once you actually go there it's new and confusing." Melise said, making the girl chuckle a little. She had never thought of it that way, and considering this was the first human she had met that wasn't trying to kill her, she could understand the meaning.

"I know what ya mean. I thought all humans were... well... evil, I guess would be a nicer word. We were always told to be wary of them, but never really had to be, since we lived on our own. It wasn't until that little girl was brought over to play that things turned out bad. I thought humans were pretty nice, the girl seemed nice enough at least. Then the entire town came by, and well, you know the rest. So the fact that you're human, and I'm trusting you is... hard. I'm still paranoid, don't get me wrong, but something about you. Don't know what it is, but I feel I can trust you. Gut instinct maybe, I'm not sure..." she said with a smile, lifting her head from the window as the engine was cut, and her door was opened.

She undid the seat belt as Melise spoke, and accepted the arm that was held out for her, holding onto it gently with thin fingers and wobbling for a second, grabbing the blanket to throw over her head to block out most of the rain as an afterthought. With a slam the door was shut and they were off.

They made their way slowly to the door, her steps unsteady and her bare feet sore. She hesitated before entering, a slight resistance to the arm supporting her, but she forced herself to go in. Once they made it inside-- and thankfully out of the rain, which had brought back her headache with a vengeance-- she gave a sigh. With the light rain pattering on the roof, and outside the windows, she could finally get a good look at her rescuer. Turning her head to look up at the woman, she was surprised to see that she was smiling, the sight through her mind's eye done in simple lines and contours, and yet unmistakably, there was a smile on her lips. She looked around a bit, and noticed there were a few people in the Inn; habit made her shrink back a little, as if to hide behind the woman supporting her, her shoulders hunching a little as the blanket slid from her head to settle draped around her shoulders.

Sir Silverwing's Partner

Divine Muse

15,800 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
[I'm waiting on someone else in the Inn to post...))

Dapper Genius

[Aren't we all. That One Dude is without internets I think, and Fate is occupied at the moment]

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
((Sorry for not posting guys. Had my first day of work today but I'll try to get one out as Steve tonight or tomorrow morning..or have someone else post as him. Remember, any thread mod can technically play him.))

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
((What about another person that's in the Inn, not just Steve? Im sure one of the two of you would notice a police officer coming in with a younger girl covered in a blanket with a blindfold on... >.> wink )

Dapper Genius

User Image
NPC:Steve
Owner of the Inn on the Beach

“It is very nice to meet you, Zephyr.” Steve said warmly, chuckling lightly. He could tell the man-hardly more than a boy-was nervous, nervous of being in the minority. He clearly had never knowingly seen a nonhuman before and didn’t quite know what to do. He had a feeling, though, that this one was going to be different somehow, from other humans. Two more entered, and he stood up to greet them. “Good evening officer!” he called amiably, “You must be the one Sergeant Johnson told me about, welcome! And who is this we have here?” he asked, smiling still at the girl crouching behind her. “Come on, don’t be shy now, no one’s going to hurt you here.”

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
((Bless you for making a Steve post hubby. I was going to and completely spaced.))

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Topaz Onerie

Topaz peeked out a little from the woman's arm, still holding onto Melise as if she were dangling from a cliff. With the blindfold over her eyes, her black hair and orange streaks soaked along with her clothes, and her bare toes curling up to hide under the tattered hem of her sweat pants, she was a poster child of runaway, save for the thin tall furry bat ears that poked up from the mess of hair. She was frightened, mostly because the man was being nice, and yet she knew him to be human... There were two others here that she could see, another human, and someone not quite human... She looked back up at Melise to get support before she tried to speak to the man, unsure.

"H-hi...." was all she managed before she went back to hide behind Melise, no longer thinking this a great idea. Her head was sore, she was hungry, and cold and wet and she just wanted to go home, as impossible as that was. She hadn't been able to go home for quite a few years now, it was nothing new. But all of this-- all of this was new to her. This was the most interaction she had had with any other creature in many years, and it was really showing now. The grip on Melise's arm tightened ever so slightly so that the woman may actually find it a tight hold, the little demon's strength not too much past a human's but still remarkable given her size.

Dapper Genius

[You are most certainly welcome wifey, anytime.]

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
((No replies? crying ))

Dapper Genius

[Waiting for captain kat, also not going to be able to be a post machine for awhile. I can try to get a post by this weekend, but no promises. Be patient]

Sir Silverwing's Partner

Divine Muse

15,800 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
((I was going to let Zephyr reply, but I guess I'll go ahead. Sorry they're short, but I don't have a lot to go on ^^; ))

User Image
Melise Stevenson
Currently Located: Inn
Melise waved at the Inn's owner. "Yes, and this girl is called Topaz. He's a bit alone in the world right now, and I figured this place was the best for her." She cupped a hand by her mouth and whispered to the old man, "She's blind as a bat, and I'm not trying to be cute." She stepped back when the girl tried to say hello, but once she retreated she gave a small giggle. "Don't be shy, it's okay."

User Image
Delaney Meadows
Currently Located: Inn

Delaney turned around while sitting and waved. She smiled wide and her nose and face scrunched up like normal. She eyed the wet girl with dripping multicolored hair and bat-like ears. She stood up on her knees and held the back of the couch. "Hey, I'm Delaney, if you care to know." she said with a little giggle. "Do you need some clothes? You look about my size." Delaney stood up and walked over, seeing that their builds are very similar, but Delaney was a bit taller.

Dapper Genius

[This shall be replaced by a post...sometime this weekend most likely. Sorry for any delays this may cause.]

Dapper Genius

Hac in hora, sine mora
Cordae pulsum tangite
Quod per sortem, sternit fortem,
Mecum omnes plangite!

~Zephyr Thomas~

User Image

It was a veritable torrent for young Zephyr’s mind; before, inhumans had been just another part of the fold, heard of and talked about but never seen. Now here he was, meeting not one, not two, but three of them all within a day’s time. Not only that, two of them he had never heard of before period. The news always talked about vampires and lycanthropes, and that’s also who most people seemed to refer to when Zephyr could actually be bothered to pay attention, but all this was almost too much for him. He felt something about the Delaney girl, however. He couldn’t quite place it; it was a feeling of…of knowing. Of knowing, and of closeness, almost. Where these feelings came from he had no idea, but he was transfixed by her all the same

It was eventually the police officer who brought him somewhat back to reality. Zephyr had lived in Ventura County for the past three years. He had an apartment, a job (sort of), an income. He didn’t break the law too terribly, and there was no reason for the VCPD to pay any mind to him. However, there had been plenty of mind paid to him during his two years on the road between DeKalb, Illinois, and Ventura County, California. Enough mind paid for Zephyr Thomas to be very, very wary of anyone in a uniform. He slouched just a tad, and unconsciously moved closer to the Innkeeper, Steve. Steve was kind, Steve was old, and cops hated shooting old people. Or so he assumed. “It’s nice to meet you all.” He said, more quietly than usual for him, nodding to each of them in turn, eyes lingering on Delaney for just a moment. They also did this on the officer, though for totally different reasons. Cop or not, the uniform was very well-fit. He felt a bit exposed, shirtless in front of three women. Well, shirtless in front of two, and nothing in front of one, apparently. “Uhm, are you alright? What happened to your eyes?” he asked, curious.

So at this hour; without delay
pluck the vibrating string;
since Fate strikes down the strong man,
everyone weep with me!

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
((2 things guys:

1. OOC belongs in the OOC thread. Putting it at the bottom of your Rp post is okay but don't make just OOC posts. (I'm breaking my own rule but this is considered a thread announcement.)

2. We have length requirements for a reason in this thread. If you can't give something to someone the entire thread stops. All posts need to meet these length requirements EXCEPT NPC posts. . It's not hard to find some way to do it even if you have to describe the scenery or have your character do something else. Please try to stick to them as often as you can.

Thanks for your understanding. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces