Welcome to Gaia! ::

+Title+Introduction+Rules&Guidelines+Character Skeletons+Accepted Scientists+Accepted Zombies+Accepted Humans+Announcements+

User Image

..::Athanasius::..-A Zombie RP-

Welcome and enjoy your stay...

This is the main thread. For the OoC thread, please click here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+Title+Introduction+Rules&Guidelines+Character Skeletons+Accepted Scientists+Accepted Zombies+Accepted Humans+Announcements+

Welcome to Athanasius.

Eight poor souls stuck on a deserted island. Little do they know, it's not as deserted as they think...

A scientific organization called Athanasius took over an abandoned research facility on the island many years ago. Little is known about the nature of their research; however, it has resulted in a mass infestation of zombie-like organisms throughout the island. Six of these zombies are especially dangerous - they posses unique abilities that set them above most. They have maimed, eaten, and dismembered all but two of the scientists, who have since gone completely mad. They now run Athanasius and perform horrible, trap-like experiments on anyone - or anything - they can get their hands on.

All of this is completely unknown to the fated eight victims who somehow ended up on the island. None of them know each other, how they got there, or the kind of danger they are in...

Will they escape? What is the true nature of the six unique zombies? Will the zombies kill them? ..Or vice versa?

...Anything can happen at Athanasius...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

User Image

Rule #1
Play nicely. This is for fun.

Rule #2
Keep it semi-clean. We don't mind the violence and some language, but keep the romance and language to a PG-13 level. otherwise got completely wild on the gore and torture, we enjoy a bit of creativity.

Rule #3
No God-modding or killing other players off without their permission AND ours.

Rule #4
Keep to RPing. There will be another thread for conversations and questions.
OoC thread

Rule #5
Keep things realistic enough.

also PM either Duke1700 or NeverWakingUP your character skeleton for approval first.

User Image

Human profiles 4/8

My Gaia name:
the island knows me as:
I have survived this many years:
My appearance:
My personality:
My life story:
My profession:

Zombie profiles 2/6

My Gaia name:
Death knows me as:
I was this old when i died:
My special ability:
My appearance:
My obituary:

Scientist profiles 0/2

My Gaia name:
The island remembers me as:
I have lived for this many years:
My appearance:
My scientific field:
My life story:

..::A c c e p t e d::S c i e n t i s t s::..

..::A c c e p t e d::Z o m b i e s::..

My Gaia name: duke1700
Death knows me as:The Razor (Ben Detorti)
I was this old when i died: 32
My special ability:razor-sharp hands and incredible speed
My appearance:User Image
My obituary: Before being caught, Ben was the sick mind behind "The Razor" homicides. still pleased with himself after being caught the judge sentenced him to the electric chair without a second thought. hungry for more blood Ben broke out of prison in search of the Athanasius facility. little did he know it had been closed for years now and he ended up dying on the island so close to his goal. but he didnt stay dead for long...

My Gaia name: xXBlood-n-GloryXx
Death knows me as:Romana Teschia, aka: Greed
I was this old when i died: 27
My special ability: Stealth, climbing up solid surfaces. Intelligent conscious, and sharpened claws and fangs.
My appearance:Greed
My obituary: I washed up one day on this place...with others...they were gone pretty quick until it was only me...I was so close to ending it until they got me..now I'm their pet....

..::A c c e p t e d::H u m a n s::..

My Gaia name: NevrWakingUP
the island knows me as: Janie.
I have survived this many years:Seventeen.
My personality: I am intelligent and witty, in a sarcastic way. I am outgoing and kind, as long as you don't take my humor the wrong way.I enjoy playing guitar and reading books, as well as writing music and poetry.
My life story: I live with my mother and my pet cat Bella. I've never met my father before; he left before I was born. My mom had to work two jobs to take care of us, so I spent most of my childhood home alone. I picked up the guitar and since then it has become my life. As I got older, my mom moved up in her grocery job, enough that she could work just one. I started working at the store as well, playing guitar on the street earning a couple extra bucks here and there, and going to school..when i felt like it. One day, I was home playing guitar when I felt extremely dizzy. Next thing I knew, I was laying on the beach of some weird island...
My profession: Student. Sort of.

My Gaia name: Mademoiselle LivingDead
the island knows me as: Samantha (Sam) Helena DuWitt Pickett
I have survived this many years: Twenty-three.
My appearance: User Image
My personality: What is there to say about Sam Helena DuWitt Pickett? Seriously, if you truly wanted an honest answer, isn't that a question that you should ask to, say . . . people who actually know me, and not me personally? Yes, I know, the only person who truly knows a person is that person themselves; but people do have a funny tendency to gloss over bits of their lives that they don't want others to notice. In other words: people lie. I'm no different, so you probably won't take any of this for fact. Which makes it all the more hilarious.

The first thing that I think needs to be said, even though it is painfully obvious, is that I have an absolute thirst for life. No, not living breathing sentient beings, but life itself. I've never been one whose content to just watch the world pass me by. No, people who do that end up dying without having accomplished much and probably lie on their deathbeds thinking of all that they could have done. When I'm on my deathbed, I want to look back and think of all the good times I had and think of all the possibilities that await on the other side. Perhaps vegetarians like me are said to have longer life spans, but that doesn't mean those extra years gives us permission to just sit around on our asses and do nothing. Hell, we don't even know if we'll make it to a ripe old age.

What's the word that my friends use? Bright but lazy. Or something along those lines. But in my defense, I'm not lazy per-se; it's just that I can't bring myself to put a hell of a lot of effort into something that I have absolutely no interest in. People who do pour their soul into something that bores them to tears obviously need to have somebody smack some sense into their heads. Yes, there are times when you do have to put aside what isn't your favorite thing in the world, and I'm no different. But unlike most people, I have no problem doing everything in my power to get back to my preferred activity of choice.

But while I might not be a person who obsesses over things she couldn't care about if you threatened to kill her, I am definitely a people person. Charismatic is the word that I hear people use a lot. That, and engaging. I wouldn't be caught dead using those words; doing that lands you in a world where people think of you as arrogant, but I won't deny them if somebody else were to use them. Yes, I will acknowledge that I have a way with words and if I wanted to I could convince you that the sky was purple, but that's as far as I go. Now before you go calling me a manipulative little brat, please hear me out. Just because I can and do enjoy doing something doesn't mean that I'm cruel and heartless. For those in this universe who aren't familiar with the term, it's called having fun.
My life story: Once upon a time, a man met a woman. Man liked woman. Woman liked man. Man dated woman and some time after that man married woman. Such is the story of my parent's life, the abridged edition. And how I came to be. To be honest, there's nothing really all that spectacular about it. At the time my mother had just completed law school, and my father got his medical degree. I'm not quite certain as to how they met, but my bet's that it involves a couple bottles of whiksey and things that a kid should never think about their parents doing. I mean, they're both so uptight now, it makes perfect sense that both of them were wild children back in the day. And as we've already established, if such is the case, then the trait must be genetic.

It has to be, a simple look at my earlier years will prove it. By ten months, I was walking around the family house. During that time, I manage to shatter my mother's favorite vase, swipe my father's wallet, and accidentally started a fire in the family kitchen. By the time I was able to talk, there was no way to shut me up. It wasn't something that mother and father were particularly happy about, and I could have sworn that by the time I was five they were shedding tears of joy as they handed me over to my primary school teachers. For six hours a day, I was no longer their "problem." Not that they necessarily thought of me as a problem, but looking back it's a miracle that the two of them didn't find a best friend in the nearest bottle of booze.

Though I grew up around lots of fantasy books, I was always good at disproving things. At the age of three, I de-fabled Santa Clause, at five, the Easter Bunny, and at ten, the tooth fairy. I wish I could have lived life a little more optimistic, but, hey, we can only go so far. True? Yes. Anyways, my parents, Druella and Christopher Dawson, were both lawyers, and tried to teach me how to look at life as a box. I was never allowed to think outside of the box. Of course, this didn't quite suit well with my attitude . . . I always acted “outside the box” behind their backs, secretly. They didn't need to know yet. Not until I used my outward thinking to write a novel. I got published at the age of seventeen, and though I expected my parents to be thrilled, they couldn’t believe that I had “risked my life to fantasy tales of nonsense”. Well, I moved out at eighteen.

Which leads me to the present. I was living a healthy, good life as a thriving author, and now I’m at this . . . Island. So many things can go wrong, but, hey, I’ve learned to make the best of them.
My profession: Author/Writer/Novelist

My Gaia name: xXBlood-n-GloryXx
the island knows me as: Kreig Siffoner
I have survived this many years: Sixteen
My appearance:Kreig
My personality: "Stolid' I have never met any one to make me smile, or experienced any thing to make me feel afraid...yet. I've been called a Genius, those who've said that have never know the true extent of my strategic mind." The rest of the section of the letter is not legible...
My life story: " Well I grew up alone mostly, my parents, whoever the were, made no attempt to contact me. Around high school i joined independent studies and excelled so far, I was given a reward cruise with the most prestigious students in the country....sadly that cruise was over when the engine explode due to unknown causes. Thanks to my intelligence I escaped and washed up on some island...."
My profession: Student

My Gaia name: CorpseBride01
the island knows me as: Krystal Brink
I have survived this many years: Twenty
My personality: I have a very tough personality to get a long with. Very open with everything and not afraid to say what is on my mind. Blunt, Witty and very outgoing is not even the half of it. Yes, I do like to laugh a little here and there but most of the time I am a very serious person.
My life story: No one wanted me. I never knew who my parents were and I was in and out of foster homes because of getting into trouble. I was a fighter and if someone pissed me off I got in there face and one thing lead to another and they were sent into the ER. I was very proud of myself but foster parents didn't like it very much which meant I had to pack my bags and go back to the "big house" were all the little misfit unwanted kids were until someone else came along or you turn 18. I like it much better there since I was no ones problem just my own. Once I turned 18 I was out of there to live my life. I had a dead end job for a while working at a Blockbusters for a couple months, then one day I woke up and decided to Join the Military. I had a different mind set then the other woman so I was pick to join a special opps group. For once in my life I felt belong. I was dropped off on an island for a mission and been here ever since.
My profession:Military.

..::A n n o u n c e m e n t s::..

Current Setting: Day .Night

2.15.10 - We are officially open~

Remember to check the OoC thread frequently! 3nodding

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Janie+++++++++++

Janie yawned and rubbed her eyes lazily. Sunrays peeled her eyelids open and splashed her bare shoulders. Still half-asleep, she turned on her side, reaching for her pillow......Sand? Moment later, she felt cold water licking her toes. She sat up, shaking her head. Fully awake now, her gaze was met by an endless-looking ocean, sparkling with the sky, which was dotted with white feathery beings. They seemed to be avoiding the island, though. Flying around it.

Janie paid little attention to the movement of the birds, however; she was too amazed and surprised - maybe a little scared. She quickly stood, turning around to face the body of land. A dense forest obscured her view for the most part; the beach was a few dozen yards in until it was met by scraggly underbrush. She grimaced. “Doesn’t look too pleasant…” she said aloud. Her own voice frightened her a bit, it was very scratchy. How long have I been sleeping??? She thought to herself. One moment, she was in her room playing guitar, feeling a tad dizzy…laying down at some point, possibly… and now she was here?

She ran down to the edge of the beach and leaned over, looking both ways. “Yup. Definitely an island,” she said to herself. She paused for a moment before crouching to the ground and closing her eyes. “Wake up, wake up! This is all a crazy dream,” she mumbled. After what seemed like hours, she opened her eyes. Ocean. “…Damn.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Razor dashed through the forest. how good it was to be alive and doing what he loved again. not only was he alive again, he had become something superior to man! he had woken with lightning fast speed and razor sharp claws (the reason the others now called him Razor)!

the sun was just rising and Razor could see the beach. although the rest of the "inhabitants" of the island weren't out and in plain view, the were waiting for the games to begin. Razor smirked as he came to the edge of the forest. he looked out over the cliff and smiled.
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Jex [m'appelle]x Sam
t h e xo c o n t r o l l e d xo &&xo d e v o t e d xo d r e a m e r xo

xoxo xo

The Book Rat » The scent of chamomile lingered strongly in her nose still, and it managed to soothe Sam's frayed nerves. It hadn't been that long ago since she fell asleep drinking chamomile tea in her home, and now she was . . . She was where? All that was known to her was that she was officially on an island in god-knows where. What if her mother should see her now? Her father? Would they still think her mad? "Why are you letting them come into your thoughts now? It's the last thing you should think about now, you fool," she said to herself, rubbing her temples with her index finger and thumb. It felt as though as soon as she woke up on this beach, her head had been pounding.

Sam brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, staring at the sea as she thought. She moved her feet in and out of the sand, and in a flourish of a large wave and cold water, she was jumping to her feet and running farther onto shore, as far away from the water as possible. "Damn!" she said angrily, finding herself swallowing down saltwater. She was breathing hard from the gasps, and she wrapped her arms around herself. The water was cold, and she had been full-body drenched. She looked down at her dripping, maroon colored knee-length dress and shook her head.

When her breathing returned to normal, and Sam finally came to grips with the fact that she was now cold, hungry, and stuck, she finally settled on a walk down the sands of the beach, hopefully to dry off as she did so. By the beach was a very dense forest, but she knew it would be a cold day in hell before she entered a forest like that on such an island. Maybe if she had a map. Or a tour guide.

As Sam walk, a question suddenly hit her. 'Is there anyone else out there? Or, at least, anybody alive out there?' She thought for a moment, of the consequences should she call out. But figured, since it seemed deserted enough, she would give it a shot. What happened, happened. Right? "Hello? Is there anybody out there?" she shouted as she walked, when another thought came to her mind. "A dream. This must all be a dream, right? I mean, you don't fall asleep in your living room one day, and wake up on an island the next. It's just not logical." 'That's like something your parents would have said.' "So? Maybe they had a point." 'If they had a point, why did you move out?' "Because they didn't support me in anything I did! They said having an imagination was unreal! That I couldn't think like that." 'And now you're taking their side, by saying that this could never happen. Why don't you live like your books?' "Because my books are fiction! The world is not!" 'You really are a DuWitt Pickett. "You should shut up."

Sam spoke, but hadn't realized she'd been speaking to herself the entire time until the final sentence. "Great. Just fabulous! Now you're talking to yourself. Nice going, Samantha Helena DuWitt Pickett." she shook her head to herself, but continued to try and look as far down the island as she could. "Is there anybody there? Hello?" she shouted, and finally figured she should give up. There was no point, obviously, there was nobody down there.

[[ I hope this was an okay intro post. (: ]]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Janie+++++++++++

Janie stood reluctantly, brushing of the grains of sand that clung to her bare legs. She tugged her shorts down a little, pensive. I never thought I'd find myself in a situation like this, she thought, unsure of what to do. Suddenly she remembered she had her cellphone! She stuffed her hand in the pocket of her shorts and pulled it out. Pleasepleasepleaseplease.. She thought to herself, flipping it open. "Off?" She said out loud. I never turn my phone off...why would it b- Her thought process came to an abrupt end as she turned it over in her hands. The battery was gone.

Suddenly, Janie felt extremely hostile. Someone - or something - was behind all this. She shook her head as it hung low, and she thought of her home. She dearly hoped that her mother was alright, that she wouldn't worry. The sweet familiar smell of her home, a mixture of cinnamon and household cleaner, was replaced by this unfamiliar world she had found herself trapped in. Salt. And actually, something smelled kind of gross, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Having calmed down a bit, she slid her phone back in her pocket and held her stomach with her arms. It was grumbling. Frowning, she beganwalking towards the forest to see if there was anything edible growing around. Again, it didn't look too inviting, but what choice did she have? Her stomach had spoken.

Just as she neared the underbrush, she caught the faintest sound of a voice in her ear. She froze. She heard it once more, a tad louder. Then it stopped. For almost a minute she simply stood there, waiting for another noise, proof that she wasn't hearing things. Her head craned towards the source of the noise. She glanced back at the forest, then at the beach. Forest. Beach. "Screw this," she said quietly, turning her back on the tangled, decaying wood and towards the area she thought the voice was coming from.

Against her better judgement, Janie decided to call out, but not before pulling her switchblade form her shoe and flicking it open. "Hello? Hellooooo??" ...Nothing. Yep, she was most certainly going insane.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Razor looked out over the ocean. so smooth and serene. its was almost funny, the contrast. he turned and made his way back into the forest, skimming his claws along the trees as he ran. something seems off today... Razor thought, but he couldnt wrap his mind around it. "Oh well" he grunted in a raspy voice.

Razor made his way through the forest toward the other side of the island. on his way he passed the deserted remains that were once the employee housing community. he passed by a few more broken down facilities that was once the research center.

Razor was almost to the other side of the island. "hmm. 20 miles in 40 minutes? ive set myself a new record." he smiled. suddenly he heard something. what was it? it couldnt be... could it? it was! a voice! wait no, two voices! the living on this island? Razor almost couldnt contain himself! "i knew today was going to be interesting."
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Jex [m'appelle]x Sam
t h e xo c o n t r o l l e d xo &&xo d e v o t e d xo d r e a m e r xo

xoxo xo

Sure, Sam was an adult, but something like this would have frightened anybody. If you wake up on a deserted island, your first reaction is shock, confusion, then followed by complete fear. "Just take a breath," she muttered mockingly. "Stupid fortune cookies, never know what they're talking about. So off on everything they say, as if the world was perfect." She sighed, then smirked. "Maybe you can brighten this up a bit. Turn it into a story, like one of your novels. Yeah, that's something you could do." Sam thought for a moment through characters she'd created before. "You're screwed."

A few minutes later, Samantha was walking along down the beach, kicking sand up as she did so. "Yeah, no, this is totally normal." she muttered to herself. "You're dreaming, that's it. You just have to wake yourself. What about one of those leg jerk things? That always wakes you up." she said, and shook her head. If she were dreaming, certainly the big splash of cold water would have woken her up immediately. "Well, somebody set this up. You didn't come here for nothing. she muttered, when a sound reached her ears. Was that a 'hello'?

Sam thought for a moment, and after a long pause, she finally realized she should probably call out as well. "Yes! Hello? Hello?" she shouted, walking forward towards where she heard the voice. She hadn't lost it. She couldn't lose it, not now. There was somebody else on this island, meaning that maybe she wasn't crazy. At least, unless she was hearing voices. That was another story, that would mean she lost it, and she deserves to be in an asylum back home. Or maybe just stay on the island.

[[ This post came out shorter and worse than I hoped it would. Sorry about that. xP ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff