Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

here is the deal: you are going to read this fabulous thread and i will do my best not to bore the ever-loving s**t out of you
and it's going to be good
prepare your body

table of contents | introduction | guidelines | genres and plots | current roleplays
this thread is open | closed
i am seeking one on ones | groups | guilds
i am seeking m/m | f/f | m/f | other
i am seeking originals | fandoms
i am craving m/m | slice-of-life | phoenix wright

User Image

I'm almost nineteen and a first-year at . It's a very glamorous life full of doing a lot of work, eating a lot of carbohydrates, and crying blood during finals.

User Image

I've been roleplaying for about ten years now.

User Image

Jesus Christ, that's a long time.
I'm on Eastern Standard time and I usually stay up until absurd hours of the night. I don't actually have a life, so I'm around a lot.

User Image

That being said, I'm not going to have a whole lot of time between now and December because of the end of the term. Instead of having a lot of time to roleplay, I'll be panicking and crying for the next three weeks.

Fair warning.

User Image

I don't know what else to tell you. I like puppies a lot, and also rainbows. I'm a little bit married to my fabulous roommate and right now we're fixated on all the gayness that is Chad/Ryan from High School Musical. I don't think I'd ever roleplay them because, you know, dignity, but having too much time over Thanksgiving break gives way to strange things.

User Image

I'm also currently playing through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, the gayest video game series ever to gay, and I'm hoping to play through the series in the next couple of months. I'm on the fourth case. Also, it's really gay.

User Image

Typically, I will at least reply to a roleplay daily. Usually, I'll reply multiple times a day, depending on length (four paragraphs per post are faster to do than, say, eight). Sometimes I wander away from my computer, though, and I'll try to remember to tell you but sometimes i ******** it up sry

User Image

table of contents | introduction | guidelines | genres and plots | current roleplays
The first thing you need to know is that I basically only roleplay over PMs and email. I only do plotting over AIM and don't have any other messengers at the moment. I don't very much like thread roleplays and you'd be hard-pressed to get me to do one. I'll consider trying a Google Docs roleplay -- I've never done it, but, you know, I'm flexible. I'm also willing to try Tumblr even though I have no ******** idea how to roleplay on Tumblr, either.

User Image

I mirror post and I consider myself literate to advanced-literate. The difference, I think, is mostly about plotting thematic elements (i.e, the roleplay is a slice of life roleplay but also deals with, say, "redemption" as an overarching theme) and symbolic elements that are decided ahead of time. If you're not quite that fancy it's totally okay, though. Literate roleplays are also

User Image

I like description but I'm not a big fan of length for length's sake. If you spend a paragraph talking about a chair in the corner we probably won't get along

User Image

I also don't like spending a lot of time decorating posts. In fact, it's very unlikely that I'll do it on a regular basis except maybe in group threads and that's pushing it. I generally post in left-aligned, black, size 11 font. If you are the kind of person who writes in very small, bright fonts, then

User Image

I'll be straightforward: I'm a massive, raging queer, and in general, I like playing massively, ragingly queer people of any gender. I usually like playing men in same-sex romantic situations, but I also like roleplays that are

User Image

I do roleplay heterosexual characters, both male and female, so do feel free to ask. It's not a preference, however. If you ask me to play a heterosexual man in a genre that I'm not even interested in, I'm going to be irritated.

User Image

If you believe that homosexual relationships have roles based on their sexual positions, I'm going to be irritated.

User Image

I also do not watch any anime, read any manga, or particularly enjoy either. If you ask for one of these, I'm going to be irritated.

User Image

I really love the English language. Nothing throws me out of my roleplay mojo like serious grammatical errors. We all make mistakes, of course, but if I read your PM and I'm like

User Image

Then it's probably not going to work out.

And because I had an absolutely absurd situation last time I trekked out for roleplay partners, I will not ever roleplay children in romantic and sexual relationships. The youngest age I will usually accept in main characters is sixteen, period.

If you send me a message asking for some creepy ***** s**t, this will be my reaction:

User Image

Now that all the mean things I have to say are out of the way, here are the nice things!

User Image

The first is that I LOVE my roleplay partners. I LOVE them.

User Image

And I love talking and shipping and plotting and generally squealing like idiots over our roleplay. In fact, I'd say that I probably just can't have a roleplay without this. It's weird to have characters without really communicating with the other person. I need to have a PM or IM conversations or emails or SOMETHING.

User Image

I find that people tend to contact me and not really know what they want or we have a lot of awkward things to go over, so on, so forth. So please include the name you like to be called by, the genres/plots that interest you (there can be more than one!), whether you prefer m/m, m/f, or f/f, if you prefer group or one on one, any limits you have that I should know about, your preferred mode of roleplay, your preferred mode of chat, and, if you'd like, send me a silly picture of a cute animal just because you can.

Please DON'T post roleplay requests on the thread! I almost always use hired bumpers and I will probably never ever see what you said.

User Image

um yeah

key

italics mean that I prefer this.
bold means that I will only do this.
emotion_c8 means that I'm currently craving this.
Strikeout means probably not right now unless you convince me!

cravings

User Image

• phoenix wright
• anything that lets me play a conflicted ex-ex-gay, shunned Christian fundamentalist teenager
• abusive relationships
• ex-gay conversion therapy patient x anyone (another patient? a counselor? a rescuer? I DON'T KNOW)

fandoms

User Image

Phoenix Wright
So, my confession is that I haven't played all the games yet. I've played the first one several times, the second one at least once, and I've played, like, half of Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice. I still haven't played Ace Attorney Investigations. But I'm working on it! I know most of the spoilers for T&T and AJ, and we can totally work something out.

Pairings:
Edgeworth x Phoenix emotion_c8 [aka: MY PRECIOUS BABY SNOWFLAKES I LOVE THEM THEY'RE PERFECT I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP]
• Adrian x Franziska
• Matt x Juan

Teen Titans
I'm less into this than I have been in the past, but I started out roleplaying Teen Titans and I still have a serious soft spot for it!

Pairings:
Jinx x Kid Flash
• Argent x Jinx
Argent x Red X
• Robin x Red X
Robin x Slade

originals

User Image

abused x rescuer emotion_c8 [note: If you can play an interesting and very human abuser character, my ovaries will explode for you. It's been done before and it was incredible.]
abused x best friend [same as above]
humanoid alien x human
• superhumans
• superhero x superhero
• superhero x villain
• superhero x neutral superhuman
• superhero x non-superhuman
• villain x non-superhuman
• teacher x student
• student x foreign exchange student
• parent x child's teenage friend
post-apocalyptic
• homeless person x well-off person
• cop x victim
• "ex-gay" x proud gay emotion_c8
• young parent x college-aged babysitter
• serious, ambitious student x laidback, quirky student
• openly gay x closet case
• superhero x anti-superhero activist
married man x teenage (16+) neighbor
• court-ordered anger management support group (patient x patient)
• addiction recovery group (patient x patient)
• fundamentalist youth x rescuer
• anti-gay pastor x gay activist
• father figure x mentee
• long-lost best friends
• artist x inspiration
• ex-gay conversion therapy patient x anyone emotion_c8
• best friend x mentally ill best friend
• "slice of life" in general

plots

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is the star student: straight-A, honors student, involved with countless extracurriculars and school government, a successful soccer player. However, she is hiding a dark secret; she has entered in a relationship with an older teammate, CHARACTER2, who has begun cruelly abusing her physically and mentally and sexually assaulting her. To seek help in getting away would essentially be outing herself (something her girlfriend constantly reminds her), so she stays, suffering every day. Her situation only really changes when she meets CHARACTER3, an offbeat girl, the kind who dresses the way most other kids would dare to (often in black, although sometimes other colors), and also an open lesbian. CHARACTER3 is her partner in an advanced english class putting them together to work for forty-five minutes every day. CHARACTER3 is usually the kind to avoid mainstream, clean-cut girls like CHARACTER1 (too 'boring'), but while working on a poetry project, CHARACTER3 becomes drawn into CHARACTER1's poetry, which shows a lot of anger and pain. Taking a closer look for once at her classmate, CHARACTER3 begins to become concerned, especially when she notices occasional bruises. CHARACTER3 begins to actively seek a friendship with CHARACTER, attempting to get closer and to understand the situation. [though written with female pronouns, I am willing to do this plotline with characters of any sex or sexuality.]

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a veteran cop in his thirties. When he was new to the force, one of the first calls he responded to was a deeply disturbing domestic violence call. A woman with a history of mental illness shot first her husband, and then herself. It isn't until he and his partner are clearing the scene that they realize the couple's young son witnessed the event before hiding deep in a closet. The boy, CHARACTER2, is emotionally traumatized and attaches to CHARACTER1. Thought CHARACTER1 must bring him to Child Protective Services, he, for a while, visits the child in a group home and brings him gifts and tries to take care of him. His superior at the police force, however, soon puts an end to this for the safety of the child.

Now CHARACTER2 is a grown young man, tall and muscular and very obviously angry at the world, and CHARACTER1 is a bitter and grizzled police officer who's seen more than his share of horrible things. When CHARACTER1 responds to a call (drunk and disorderly? a fight? attempted suicide? idk), he recognizes the name of the young boy he knew more than a decade ago. CHARACTER1, who feels partially responsible for how CHARACTER2 turned out, begins to reestablish a connection with the young man, however, the ensuing relationship is rocky, tumultuous, and even sexually charged. [mxm only, please. There is both a character profile for CHARACTER2 and pre-written starter that I can use for this, if you like them.]

Quote:
CHARACTER1 is an employee in a local coffee shop. He lives with his boyfriend, CHARACTER2, and has for several years since he was disowned by his deeply conservative family. CHARACTER2 comes from a family of power and wealth. When sober, he's a charming, educated young man, if a bit possessive and hard-headed. However, he lives with a serious addiction to multiple substances, and has for a long time abused CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is a regular patron of the coffee shop, and his favorite employee and casual coffee shop eye candy is CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is the opposite of CHARACTER2: coming from nothing, he built himself up into a successful man and an artist. One day, a confrontation occurs at the shop and it comes to light that CHARACTER2 is at least physically and emotionally abusing CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is horrified and begins attempting to intervene, taking CHARACTER1 back to his apartment after the first confrontation and maintaining a close relationship with him afterward. CHARACTER3 soon begins to draw artistic inspiration from CHARACTER1 and asks to use him as a model even with the visible bodily damage from abuse.

[tentatively opening this back up. If you can play a really interesting CHARACTER2, we'll be best friends.] emotion_c8

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 and CHARACTER2 went to school together and were close friends. CHARACTER1 was openly gay, a little odd, and suffered for it, though s/he learned to fight back. CHARACTER2 was one of his closest friends, though s/he was much more likable, talented, confident and even suave. CHARACTER1 developed a crush on him/her at the age of fifteen, and when s/he confessed to CHARACTER2, the object of his/her affections gently but firmly informed him/her that s/he was entirely heterosexual. A little bit heartbroken, CHARACTER1 remained CHARACTER2's close friend and dated other wo/men.

When they went off to college, they kept up with each other from time to time, but sort of fell out of each other's lives as the years went by. At the start of the roleplay, they haven't communicated in a while. CHARACTER1 is no longer the awkward teenager s/he once was, instead confident and professional. CHARACTER2 also has it all going for him/her: s/he's just relocated to an area near CHARACTER1, s/he has a great job and a loving opposite-sex spouse. There's really just one thing: s/he has a lingering attraction to the same sex that s/he's never acted on.

S/He remembers his/her old friend, who lives not so far away and who so earnestly wanted him/her years ago in high school. So s/he decides to get back in contact, hoping to establish a friends with benefits relationship and keep at an emotional distance. It's harder than s/he thinks.

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a young married man, perhaps with a young child or two. He lives a rather mundane life in the suburbs. He works his job and his life isn't bad, but there's something missing from the days when he felt like a unique, independent person. As a young man, he was an odd, artistic kind of guy, interested in a lot of video games, subcultures and out-of-the-box ideas. Nowadays, his interests are hidden away out of the sight of other suburban residents and he knows to act like everyone else.

Then the new neighbors come. A single mother and her seventeen-year-old son, CHARACTER2. CHARACTER2 is everything CHARACTER1 wishes he could still be. Unusual and intriguing, he's a smart kid and openly gay. CHARACTER1 and his wife go over to greet the new neighbors, and CHARACTER1 and CHARACTER2 seem to hit it off.

As time goes on, the two seem to always have reasons to interact. CHARACTER2 gets hired to cut the grass or babysit, or otherwise they run into each other on a walk, or CHARACTER1 has to intervene in one of many altercations between CHARACTER2 and the other students who harass him. CHARACTER2 seems to have a difficult time getting along with other kids, considering how odd he is, and seems to seek out the man across the street for attention.

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 was just trying to protect CHARACTER2. Really.

CHARACTER2 is the only person who has ever been there for CHARACTER1. Lifelong friends, CHARACTER2 was the person that CHARACTER1 would run to for refuge, when s/he was angry or afraid or overdosing or suicidal, and CHARACTER2 would always be the one there to take care of CHARACTER1. At one point, they were in love, and they both knew it, and even though CHARACTER1 was always falling apart, always hating himself/herself, CHARACTER2 would be there to tell CHARACTER1 that s/he loved him/her, that it could get better, making CHARACTER1 compliment himself/herself or trying to help him/her get sober.

Eventually, CHARACTER1 hit rock bottom, and then things started to get better. That's when the shame set in. CHARACTER1 could see all the ways s/he had hurt CHARACTER2 -- the times s/he had lashed out in anger, when intoxicated, when having a psychological episode. And even though they were in loved and loved each other, CHARACTER1 decides that the best thing to do is to leave, to cut off CHARACTER2 in the most painful way possible to make sure s/he would start taking care of himself/herself, instead.

A few years later, CHARACTER2 is happy again, successful, and in a relationship with CHARACTER3. All seems well, their careers are going great, and the relationship is serious; their families are asking about proposals.

Then CHARACTER1 comes back - clean, healthy, and looking for his/her friend again.

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 doesn't really mind being gay. He's always known what he is and, while those middle school years were rocky, he's reasonably okay with who he is. Sure, his moderately religious parents will never accept it, but he figured that he can just stay in the closet until he gets to college and has a room of his own.

But then one day his parents find out. Maybe they just hear it from one of his friends, maybe they walk in on him with a guy, maybe they just coax the information out of him on a suspicion. And the next thing he knows, he's being told that he's getting sent to a program called "Haven," a conversion therapy program for teenagers.

He's pissed. He doesn't have any choice but to go, but he's not happy about it at all. When he gets there, though, he meets one of his roommates, CHARACTER2. CHARACTER2 is a cute guy, but, after a few months in the program, he looks half-broken down. He's from a deeply conservative, fundamentalist Baptist family and prior to coming to the program was extremely religious. Though he voluntarily entered the program and truly wants to become a heterosexual, CHARACTER2 is quickly becoming depressed and hopeless. The two strike up a friendship, although they have to be careful to avoid seeming too fond of each other - especially when feelings begin developing between the two.

[ALL MY BABIES IF YOU GIVE ME THIS PLOT SWEET JESUS. it would be based on the rules from this program, although ideally I would like it to be a longterm type of program.]
emotion_c8

Quote:
• the plot we invent together! hint hint. Even if you give me a little idea of a plot, I can usually make something grow out of it.

miles/tyler/pete • coffee-addicted artist/abused ex-Christian barista/abusive Ivy leaguer • phoenix [permanent? hiatus]
miles/tyler/pete • zombie apocalypse AU • phoenix [permanent? hiatus]
minho/quinn • teacher x student • colette [hiatus]
alex/landon • married neighbor x teenaged neighbor • Delora
connor/julian • cop x victim • tanzania

woke up, having a shitty day, excited to see new potential roleplay partner, only request is a heterosexual roleplay in a genre I don't play.

User Image

DID I NOT POST A WHOLE RULE ABOUT THAT

User Image

User Image
The bumpers have not been forthcoming thus far...

Versatile Lover

User Image

User Image
                    Your search thread is very tumblr.
                    This pleases me.

And that Obama picture? Oh hells yeah. That's the total presidential "AWWW YEAH" face.

I'd get hyped with that honestly. XD

My muse for originals is shot to death, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one giving Google Docs a try for roleplaying. xD I just want to know. . . how the balls does it work? Have you used it before for anything school related? o: Or is it just what you see in the commercials when someone's trying to edit somethin' and BAM! Someone else is writing or deletin' ish? o:
undergrandhotel
                    User Image

User Image
                    Your search thread is very tumblr.
                    This pleases me.

And that Obama picture? Oh hells yeah. That's the total presidential "AWWW YEAH" face.

I'd get hyped with that honestly. XD

My muse for originals is shot to death, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one giving Google Docs a try for roleplaying. xD I just want to know. . . how the balls does it work? Have you used it before for anything school related? o: Or is it just what you see in the commercials when someone's trying to edit somethin' and BAM! Someone else is writing or deletin' ish? o:

yeahhh, it's pretty Tumblr. Not even ashamed. At least it has some sort of entertainment value.

Obama GIFs automatically make any thread perfect and any prospective roleplay partner flawless. It's a rule.

Sorry about your muse. D: I've never used it before for roleplaying, but I've used it since my senior year of high school and I honestly think it's one of the most underhyped things on the internet. It updates in live time and anyone who has editing privileges can put whatever they want on the document and it should appear instantly on the document for everyone sharing it. It also automatically saves! I take all my notes on it because it's fabulous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff