TEAR MY HEART OPEN
                            Foreign Nations
                            Weakness
                            Laziness
                            Cowardice
                            Ugliness

xxxxxxxxxxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                            WHY I LOCK MYSELF IN MY ROOM

Kunal was birthed from the flame of the Supreme, alongside his sister, Bashirah; they came into the world together like twin phoenixes, radiant and beautiful in the eyes of their people. Kunal was much like any other baby: completely unaware of what his future held. He and his sister were the next generation of royalty, and not just any royalty -- they were born the prince and princess of Gradius, the Supreme. From birth, Kunal had always had an ally in his sister. Together they acted as each others silent refuge in the harsh world of Gradius.

Had they been born in a separate place or time, the twins life may have been different. They were not so lucky. From childhood, Kunal was brought up to be a member of the Supreme. Emotion was weakness, honor was everything. He had to be perfect because he was perfect; anything less meant he did not exist. Thus, the pressure to be flawless which would suffocate him for the rest of his life began.

Everyday he and his sister were taught about the superiority which held Gradius above all other nations; foreigners were ugly and inferior. He was trained how to hold himself, how to act like a man, and how to fight like a Gradian. This was all well and good, yet could anyone keep to the unrealistic standards of the Supreme? In their childhood years, Kunal and Bashirah comforted one another; when they could not handle the pressure of their lives, the two siblings sought each other. In private, they broke down together until the day when they were caught on their tenth birthday. Even in private, such a display of emotion was disgusting; they were disciplined and re-educated.

Traumatized, young Kunal no longer felt safe opening up to his sister; it was sign weakness, and weakness was worse than death. After that, a great amount of verbal interaction between the two siblings ceased; however, the bond shared by brother and sister could not be broken. Over the years, Kunal and Bashirah formed a language all their own. By giving one another signals, the two were able to read how the other was feeling. No emotions were ever shown publicly, and thus they were able to remain a part of the Supreme. Yet it seemed Bashirah had more difficulty in controlling herself. She was a master at masking what lied beneath her perfected exterior, yet at times it became too much for her to maintain; entering into their teenage years, Bashirah began to having severe panic and anxiety attacks. Kunal could always sense when one was coming. At these times, he helped his sister steal away from the public eye as she used her willpower to keep herself together. Safely tucked away, Bashirah could break down in relative peace, yet Kunal no longer joined her. Instead he would guard the room she occupied to make sure no one would discover her and bring shame to their family.

Around the time when Bashirah's panic attacks began, Kunal also noticed something within himself that was darker still. He could not process this change -- this realization -- because it simply was not possible. Yet there was no denying that there was something wrong with him, and it infested his mind and body like a plague; the only way to become normal was to bury the problem and forget it existed. However, the mind is not so easily tamed. The sickness in his mind refused to release him, always hidden in his subconscious. Kunal could tell no one about his problem, not even Bashirah. One thing was clear to him, however; Kunal was not a member of the Supreme. He grew to hate himself.

Kunal used this misdirected anger to push him forward. He trained harder each day, tried harder each day; and by the time he turned twenty-one, Kunal had become the definition of the Supreme, if only on the outside. He was strong, tall, handsome, and skilled; everything one aspired to be. Sparring near daily with Bashirah, Kunal became an adept spear wielder and manipulator of fire. In the eyes if his family and people, Kunal was perfect; yet he alone knew that his life was a lie. For a time, he believed his life would take a different route; that if he could just keep himself together he would be able to survive until his death: this was not the case. When the Unity Pact was called into action, Kunal's life was changed once again. He and Bashirah were to marry young royals from foreign kindgoms. Horrified at the thought of marriage, losing his sister, and coupling with an inferior creature from a distant land, Kunal's life has taken an unfortunate turn. More than anything, Kunal is afraid of himself.

x x x x x x x ▍▍ Keela ▍▍

Rich Businessman

User Image
            x x x xAnna 'Annabel' Crowbers
            x x x x▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
            x x x x x xAND NOTHING CAN CHANGE IT

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWe can never be sure where life takes us. Sometimes you just have to trust your instinct, thrust away whatever doubt you have left and take a leap of faith.↖↖xxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxx Simple Optimistic Stubborn

x x x x x x x xTAKE A LOOK INSIDE
            x x x x

» Female
            » Straight
            » Faerie
            » She can form a shield using wind to protect the princess and climb on high places. She can also use flight to aid in battle.
            » 5'5 and 113 pounds in human form and as a faerie she is no more than an inch and one ounce.

xxxxxxxxxxxx▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                      x x x x x TAKE ME ・✶.。 LET ME IN
                          ICED OUT ;; LIT UP
                            Poetry
                            Music
                            Humor
                            High places
                            Peace

TEAR MY HEART OPEN
                            Betrayal
                            Conflict
                            Bitter things
                            Annoyance
                            Being told she's only a woman

Anna, or known by her full name Annabel in Laelie, was born on a Jasmine flower, much like any other faeries, when a girl infant cried for the first time. Perhaps it was as a result of an infant achieving something that might as well be a negative thing, for she grew up slightly different from the other faeries. She was beautiful no less, as Jasmine bears a symbolic meaning of grace and elegance. But she was by no means reach the standard of normalcy perceived by the other faeries. While the faeries love to perform in cliques, Anna would much rather be alone.

As she grew older, her mind was nourished by tales of great discovery and freedom from the outside world by her grandfather, who once came upon the 'forbidden lands' and came back home before anyone would find out of his treachery. She had never heard of her grandfather utter a word of proclaimed superiority much like the tales told by other storytellers in the community. She became even more engrossed in his rehashed repetition of the same tale, and grew a faint curiosity of what would've been had she was given the freedom to liberate and discover that world herself with her own eyes. Due to this strange open view of hers and the want to travel to different parts of Yardis, she is considered an oddball of such by her peers, as not many seemed to have nurtured or processed these free thoughts to their mind. As a result, she is constantly in solitude on daily basis of her childhood.

Anna also learned to harness her magical powers, and although they are nowhere near the princess, she was competent, and competent enough to be used in a battle, which is another trait of hers perceived oddly by her peers, as faeries do not usually dwindle in direct battles. This has caught the attention of the Queen, who seemed to be having trouble trying to find a bodyguard able enough to handle the princess' innate ability to wander about and dabble in things she shouldn't. She agreed, because she knew this was her only chance to travel the world and see for herself the wonders before her. After all, she should always remember to trust her instinct and take a leap of faith.

x x x x x x x ▍▍ Cardcaptor_Sierra ▍▍

Rich Businessman

User Image
            x x x xJean-Baptiste Laurent
            x x x x▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Monkeys always look!"↖↖xxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxx Shallow Light-Hearted Adventurous

x x x x

» AGE Twenty-Two.
            » GENDER Male.
            » SEXUALITY Whatever.
            » SPECIES Seafolk.
            » POWERS Together with natural seafolk abilities, he uses no magic.
            » HEIGHT AND WEIGHT 5'7'', 145lbs.

ICED OUT ;; LIT UP
                            Witty Banter.
                            Pretty people.
                            Wine.
                            Surprises.
                            Adventure.

TEAR MY HEART OPEN
                            Seriousness.
                            Violence.
                            Intense Heat.
                            Dark places.
                            Predictability.

Jean (Pronounced, John) was always considered the rude boy of the royal children in Yardis. During the annual festival, he always used to pick on the Shastan girls, saying they were all hideous. Sometimes, he'd used to even pull on little Adora's hair, and spit on Kora from atop a building. Ever since those days, Jean hasn't changed much, although he is much more likely to run away than continue to taunt them for fear of his small-framed self.

Jean's childhood went by like a dream, perfect and wonderful. At least, for him, being the little prince who never got punished for the horrible things he would do. He took fencing classes and even took part in teasing the faeries that the soldiers brought in for study. Recently, the death of his mother struck Jean very deeply in his heart. She was always the fun one. The Queen would scold him, but laugh at his jokes and the pranks he pulled on his many bodyguards. No matter how much he flirted with the castle maids, his mother would simply wag a finger at him to stay safe, then kiss his forehead and exclaim that she was glad that her son was at least 'fruitful.'

Still, unlike his father, Jean relishes in the memory of his mother, quickly springing back from the depression he felt shortly after her death. With his father being the lurch he was, boring and blue, Jean wanted to get out of the castle as soon as possible. At the mention of the Unity Pact, he would roll his eyes and halfheartedly agree to it, even though in his mind he thought he could find a way to escape that fateful punishment called 'marriage.' It is all just a game to him. There's no way to tell if Jean will ever take his life as seriously as the others do.

Like all Zuleidans, Jean has mysterious etchings all over his skin that are clearer in some areas than most. His markings resemble that of a sea turtle, just like his father has. While his fathers are deep and reddish, Jean's markings are very light. Jean's Markings

x x x x x x x ▍▍ Rada Han ▍▍

Rich Businessman

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
            x x x xвαṡhïɾαh ṃαhαρατɾα
            x x x x▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx“Frailty smothers the fire within us. I shall not succumb to weakness, nor shall the people of Gradius.”↖↖xxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxxx analytical unstable merciless

x x x x

» Female
            » Heterosexual
            » The Supreme
            » Fire manipulation
            » 5'10" & 132lbs

ICED OUT ;; LIT UP
                            Gradius
                            privacy
                            stability
                            Kunal
                            training

TEAR MY HEART OPEN
                            moments of weakness
                            migraines
                            mediocrity
                            cold weather
                            too many people

Bashirah was born alongside her brother, Kunal, into the royalty of Gradius, and the difficulty of life there began to make itself known to her shortly after exiting the womb. Bashirah, in a manner most inconvenient to the preferred lifestyle, was a somewhat sensitive child; she could pick up on things – mostly diluted feelings – from others around her, detecting sensations she could not name. Confused from an early age, Bashirah would often rely on her twin brother Kunal for comfort and advice. The two were nigh inseparable, Bashirah sometimes seeking him out in the night to curl beside him and sleep. His measured breathing would act as a metronome to her oscillating, puzzling, conflicting feelings within.

As a princess of the Supreme, Bashirah was expected to exude perfection in every aspect of life. She was, as all Gradians were, physically beautiful, her body always slender and flexible, with proportions like a dancer. She decorated herself with only the most magnificent grabs and pieces of jewelry, so that each step she took sounded like the crisp chiming of tiny bells. In training, she excelled in wielding tonfa, her agility adding a choreographed angle to her fighting style. Her control of fire grew to such levels that at times it was rumored she could melt the sand on the training grounds to glass beneath her feet. In fact, it is this that inspired her to explore glassmaking and sculpting instead of blacksmithing. She does this in the little free time she has. And in regards to politics, though she sparsely spoke, she eloquently and clearly articulated her disdain for the different and praised the Gradius for their natural and unchallenged superiority. To all those who observed her, she was the ideal princess.

However, in addition to her strengths, Bashirah also bore staggering weaknesses – something quite unacceptable in her society. The pressures of expectations and the general lack of connection between anyone besides her brother ate away at her day after day, until she found her emotional infrastructure collapsing in on itself. Bashirah will always remember the first time her body trembled so ferociously, her bones quaking like the earth; the first time her lungs cramped and panicked; the first time her heart felt as if it would snap off its stalk and burst. These attacks became more frequent and more debilitating, especially without the comfort of her brother like she used to have. But even though they could not hold each other as they aged, they did manage to develop a secret body language of their own, so that some pieces of themselves could be salvaged and not crushed beneath the heavy gazes of those around them.

The recent news of the arranged marriages has spurred few words from Bashirah. In the public eye, she seems displeased that she should be sold off to some inferior man to tarnish the blood of the Supreme. But deep within the most secret corners of her heart, she sees possibility…

x x x x x x x ▍▍ Pipea ▍▍
      [/quote

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas