• Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
• EVE JACQUELINE HAMPTON
User Image
• SERGEANT IN ARMY
• GAMER
• WITTY , OUTGOING , HAUNTED, DAYDREAMER
• GIRL #2
These are quite old, before I was forced to pause my roleplaying days. I assure you that I can easily recreate such posts, improve on them and exceed them.

6,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
User Image

EVE JACQUELINE HAMPTON

xxx24

CAREER
                              xxxSergeant in US Army

I USED TO BE
                              xxxThe Gamer - I lived in my games. I didn't have to be this one person.

HEIGHT
                              xxx5'10"

THIS IS MY PROLOGUE
                              xxxTo this day I cannot fathom why people would want to be brought up in a house where you didn't need to achieve anything in order to be given what you want. Don’t get me wrong, when I was a child, having been around other children whom too were “of the privileged”, I too was someone who would ask for just about anything...and get it. Even after my two younger brothers were born ( two years apart of each other) after my fifth birthday I was given any and everything I ever looked at for more than a minute and happened to mention in passing. Yet, to this very day I am more protective of those two boys than I am of any material item given to me.

I don’t know who I got it from, (surely not my mother) but I am not a high-maintenance sort of girl. I suppose my career choice blatantly shows that now, but even when I was younger the thought of make-up and changing who it was I was completely disgusted me. It does to this day, how can people throw on layers and layers of-- and I digress. (Because no one wants to admit WHAT it is that goes into lotions or anything.) I was the girl who after school hours would sit down in front of their television and play hours and hours of crash bandicoot, The Legend of Zelda, Pong, Pacman, WoW, Mortal Combat and other 'older' generation games. (In comparison to now of course.) Mother was appalled by the very prospect, but as fathers only daughter, I typically got my way. (I swear I heard him say I would grow out of it one day….I suppose he was wrong there. I just don’t have as much time as I once had is all.)

I suppose it was because of this hobby, my lack of interest in fads and trends and dislike of liars as to why I turned into more of an introvert when it came to high school. They (my peers) were just fretting over frivolous things, I had better things to do. Like Raid the latest Dungeon expansion with the guild or try out that new game system that just came out. (Priorities guys!)

Now, (years later) I can admit that my lack of interest in socialization, my slightly askew morals and my lack of alcohol tolerance, is what led to the little ‘incident’ back in high school. But that is besides the point, after a life of privilege I wanted nothing more than to be, well for a lack of better wording “An Average Joe.” I found myself enlisting, quietly and away from the press (Oh the joys of having both parents in the medical field. Specifically an anesthesiologist and surgeon,) right after high school. Here more than half a decade later at the comfy rank of Staff Sergeant, I don’t have to deal with the lower enlisted too much and get to yell at Sergeants to correct said lower enlisted. It’s a good life and you know what, when I go home I am home. (Unless of course I am called in, but that should go without saying.)

Don’t get me wrong, I “enjoy” life stateside but it’s a different life, outside of the tours in the Middle East. I am not going to lie, given the opportunity I will go back. Life over there was simple, or at least as simple as it can be for someone in the armed forces who has spent years deployed. It’s hard to explain, okay! Give me a break.

I wondered months prior over there, as to why I was being placed on leave. (Normally when you weren't deployed you filled out paperwork to request it. And the only leave you get while deployed was for things like the birth of a child, death of a family member, or mid-term R&R … and even those could be hard to get). To be volun-told to take leave out of the blue by my Captain, was quite peculiar. No it was down right worrying. What the hell had I done to be pulled from my Unit?! I had been handed a letter and told NOT to open it until I was back at my home in the States. When I did, I did what any logical person would have done. I read the first five words, ripped it in half and threw it on the ground. Determined to fight this I called up branch….and turned down. I had glared at that letter for a week every time I was in the same room as it, before picking it up and reading it to the end.

Sometimes it felt like no matter how hard or far I ran, my bloody past seemed to be awaiting me. .

I ALMOST FORGOT
                              xxxI am a soldier PTSD is to be expected, especially in someone who has served more than one tour. Look guys if another doctor asks me if I am alright, I am going to stab someone. (I love you mom and dad, but for the love of grape jelly this is something I got to do on my own.) It ain't that bad, simply telling myself "I am home. Home is relatively safe" tends to do that. Just don't sneak up on me, or look suspicious.

I also tend to 'do the right thing' without thinking, loyalty is as much as a fault in me as it is a virtue. By God everything I am and do makes life so difficult.

Work is work and home is home. I am almost certain even my neighbors aren't 100% sure that I am in the military. (The joys of leaving before the crack of dawn and arriving after dusk.)

TAKE A BOW
                              xxxVixen Athena

6,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
User Image
AMARYLLIS JACQUELINE NOTT

█ ▸ █xxxAFFILIATION neutral
█ ▸ █xxxCAREER animagus
█ ▸ █xxxAGE twenty-one
█ ▸ █xxxGENDER female
        cautious witty vagabond

▸ ▸ Vixen Athena

6,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

action "speaking"thinking

User Image۰ She couldn't remember a day when life had been simple, where she wasn't looking over her shoulder in hopes that she hadn't been found out. Or in fear of being cursed to death for simply looking in the wrong direction. That was all she had known for all of her twenty-one years of life, fear. She had done and learned everything she knew out of precaution, in the name of self-defense. She was born in the wrong time period, in a time where evil reigned supreme and anything or anyone who tried to stand up against it were shot down. Cursed and killed on the spot, there was no mercy. There was one way or death... literally. She couldn't tell you how many times she wondered "what if...?"

What if the boy who lived succeeded?
What if someone went back in time and changed things?
That wasn't against the ministry anymore was it?
At this point was there even a Ministry anymore?

۰ She couldn't tell you how many nights she had spent by herself, in her room of the Nott mansion, completely wasted. She had long since learned that there was no way she could be herself, be the person who whispered within the confides of her mind. Who was locked up and forced to watch as everything around her burned. Hogwarts, she had known that there were certain things she would have to master like Occlumency and 'shifting' or she wasn't going to make it out of there Alive. You read correctly, Hogwarts was no longer the place it once was. It had changed ever since The Boy Who Lived...stopped living. She had to beg the bloody sorting hat to put her in her families house. She didn't belong there, they both knew it. He wasn't stupid and nor where she. If someone like her, from her bloodline were to even stand a chance in this world with her way of thinking she was going to have to blend in and pray. Carefully plan out everything she did and keep her mouth shut even when something occurred that she didn't agree with in the slightest. People like her were not needed anymore, people who believed that magic could be used for good... no! Should be. There were only the dark arts, hours of being cursed and cursing. When she finally graduated from that hell hole she apparated back home and locked herself in the confides of her room for a week, ignoring the rapping on her door by blasting the music of her headphones.

۰ She knew that if she stayed any longer in that house someone would find out, someone would notice something was up. How she had managed to lie all those years during Hogwarts was beyond her, but she was safe there. She showed promise. She accepted their ways and even offered offered insight on new crueler methods to deal with undesirables, muggles and the like. How could one forgive themselves for something like that?! How could others! She had read enough restricted muggle studies books to know what happened to people who were accomplices to acts against humanity. It caught up to you eventually....it always seemed to. It was only a matter of time before the muggles got involved, had the Wizarding World not been enough?! She couldn't understand why people would want to control others....nevertheless the entire population of the world. At the moment, luckily, or unluckily depending on who you were and how you looked at it; their all-mighty leader had yet to take control of everything. From what she understood there were still other wizards and witches on the other corners of the world standing up to him.

۰ It was during these studies when the idea came to her mind, what if she were to simply disappear? What if she were to just vanish after heading off for a shopping spree? Pure-bloods did that...right? They went off and bought things they didn't need, attended balls that were frivolous and moot. Perhaps she could have been scouting out the next hit? The next place they would go to cause terror to the muggles. Because, yeah that was a thing and hobby to most idiotic pure-blood crazed families. Muggle-hunting. It was horrible, inhumane! But it was because of this inhumane sport that she got away, that she was freed from the confides, from the prison that was the Nott Mansion. And once she was free she took no time to jump on all fours and run into a nearby muggle forest.

۰ At first it was purely about survival, she could run around and live like the animal she was if necessary. London was by far too dangerous for her to be showing her face around, even four years after her running away. She had completely retreated away from the Wizarding World as much as she could. The moment she even sensed magic in passing or nearby she was running off in the other direction. It was a pitiful life, a life as an animal. Running both from the muggles and wizards, but it was her life and it taught her many a things. What she could eat, what she couldn't. How to get in and out of places without being detected. Jack always knew that she was living on borrowed time, she knew that she was going to be brought back into the very world she ran from because it was who she was. For four years she convinced herself that self-preservation was her main priority, what good was she to the world if she were dead. When the real question was what good was she to the world if she wouldn't stand up for what she believed in. Wouldn't die for what she believed in? Didn't that make her as guilty as the party who was active in the wrong doing. Standing idly by when she knew there were people being killed for no better reason than that they were not of the pure twenty-one? Knowing she had people she would have considered friends in a differed world were dying for the very same things she believed in. .

۰ The question now was how was she going to convince not only herself but others that she was the good guy. That all of that was just an act for mere survival on her part and that she was not dead and/or missing. That she ran away from it all because it was too much. Did she even want to? At this point with the right Charms she could start a life as someone different, hell she could just forever run on all fours until the end of her days. She had to determine what it was she wanted to do with her life before anything else could be done and for this reason she would continue to lay motionless in the backyard of the current muggles who had found her starving, fed her threw a collar around her neck and taken her in as their own. Knowing she wasn't exactly their typical 'house dog.'

6,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
┏━ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━┓
x Nathan Jayden Selwyn x
User Image
x Nate, Jay x
thirtyxxmalexxancient runes
Vixen Athena
┗━ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━┛

┏━ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━┓