Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Bookworm

User Image

Once Upon A Time...

The Forward
Hello there! My name is yuki_lily, though feel free to call me Lily. I've been roleplaying on and off ever since I started Gaia back in 2004. Just recently I've returned from an unannounced year-ish hiatus, and I'm looking to strike up some new roleplays. I'm a bit of a sucker for romantic stories and fairy tales, so if that's something you're into as well, then you've come to the right spot.

The Dedication
Other wise known as rules and regulations:
- I'm a lazy literate. I usually write 3-6 paragraphs per post on average, though naturally the introduction is usually longer. Or if there are multiple characters in different locations, then there's more. Or if I'm feeling really inspired there might be more.
- My favorite place to roleplay is in the threads. Though if you despise threads, then I do like PMs as well, but I'll still probably create a thread and copy/paste our roleplay there. I like to have links to my roleplays.
- I am a female, and I enjoy playing male characters. Le gasp! Yes, you read that correctly.
- And above all, Gaia's ToS must be upheld. PG-13 ish rating for the content. Cursing is fine. Mild gore is fine. Fading to black if things get hot and heavy is greatly appreciated.
- I really enjoy OOC chatting with my roleplay partners. If I feel like I have a friend on the other side, I'm more excited to reply back.
- And just for scheduling purposes, I'm on eastern standard time and mostly do my roleplaying in the evening.

The Tales
Genres, and Pairings, and Plots...oh my!

Genres/Concepts:
- Medieval Fantasy
- Georgian Era (think Jane Austen-esque)
- Victorian Era
- Arranged Marriage
- Forbidden Love
- Twisted or Mixed Fairytales
- Fractured Disney Fairytales
- Regional mythology (Greek, Celtic, Arabian, etc.)
- Mistaken Identities/Crossdressing

Pairings:
- Royalty x Royalty/Peasant/Pirate/etc.
- Human x Werewolf (think Little Red Riding Hood)
- Human x Mermaid/Merman
- Human x Fairy (Seelie or Unseelie Court)
(I'll add more as I think of them.)

The Epilogue
Or the FAQ.
Lily, I see you've made this thread all colorful and pretty. Do you make your posts pretty as well, with pictures and colors?
- In the words of Mr. Darcy, not if I can help it. In the past I've had to take the time to create a pretty picture of a character who looked close to the image I had in my head, but it just wasted so much time. I like an initial picture for the introduction post, sorta like a book cover (you'll see what I mean if you look at my past roleplays). Links are in my journal.

Your plots are nice, and the pairings okay, but I don't see what I really want/I have a great original idea I'd like to run by you. Is that okay?
- That is great. I love original ideas. Even if you just have bare bones of an idea you want to try, run it by me and we'll see if we can flesh it out into a plotline we both would enjoy.

You didn't list any fandoms and I really want to do ________. Would you consider a roleplay for this?
- I really do prefer original plots, that way we don't feel like we're retelling a story we've already read/watched step by step. However, if you just want to place original characters into the established world, then go ahead and suggest away. There are a couple I might consider, but I would really have to be sold on the plot for the original characters.

I also see that you did not put up a list of topics you will not roleplay. Why is that?
- I like to think I've made it pretty clear that I want romance, drama, and adventure. So a lot of things will not even fit into having those descriptions, so I didn't even bother to list them. Gender and sexuality will depend on the character, however, for my primary character, they will be attracted to the opposite sex. I may have side characters or NPCs with other orientations, but they are not the focus of the story.

What would be the best way to contact you if I'm interested in starting a roleplay with you?
- I'm glad you asked. You can quote me here in the thread and we can start to discuss a few things. Or you can send me a PM. I'll respond both ways.

...And They Lived Happily Ever After!

User Image

Romantic Bookworm

User Image
Volume Two

Once Upon A Time...

Original Plots

Step Into the Fairy Ring (Human x Seelie Court Fairy)
In a small village, a boy and a girl have grown up together since they were children. It is assumed by everyone that they will marry, despite their initial misgivings about the mischievous boy with unusually blue eyes and their superstition that he might be a changeling and not one of their own. Yet the boy is now a young man, the girl a young woman, and he has asked her father for her hand. There is joy between the two households and indeed in the whole village. Yet on the summer's night before their wedding, the two sweethearts sneak out away from the village for just a little while. Yet while they are out, a group on horseback come across the two of them. The young man tries to protect his lady love, but it is not her they're after, it's him. In a struggle they knock him unconscious and throw him upon the horse. Their leader, a dark haired handsome man not so much older than the two lovers tells the girl to return home and forget about the boy. She refuses to forget about him, so seeks to save her love. Yet the dark haired man will not let him go so easily and the girl must fight for her love or give him up forever.

((Very basic plot that I have roleplayed before, which essentially had the two young men being the sons of a lesser noble in the seelie court, but there are a lot of other ways the story could play out or be changed.))

The Gardens of Dowerton Park (Edwardian Beauty and the Beast)
In the English countryside lies a modest manor house, Dowerton Park. Residing there is a young gentleman with a tragic past. Living cut off from his family in both wealth and status, he has become somewhat of an outcast in society. Such harsh treatment from family and friends, save a beloved uncle who is master of Dowerton Park, he has become cold and has been described as beastly in nature. There seems to be very little in the way of a future for this man who runs from his past.

The same could be said for a young lady, though it is her future she runs from. Escaping an unwanted engagement, she finds herself a guest at Dowerton Park under unusual circumstances. To protect her new found freedom she creates a story for herself about a governess position awaiting her in London. It seems the perfect plan, and one where she believes her heart will not be involved.

Yet all are not convinced that these two should not seek out some form of attachment. Sir Dover, master of Dowerton Park, is eager to see his nephew happily married. And when a lovey young woman appears on his doorstep in such odd circumstances, he is obliged to believe it is fate. Yet even with a scheming uncle, meddling servants, and many a guest to Dowerton Park, this beast and beauty will have to determine for themselves what they want in life and if it will lead to happiness.

For The Love of A Prince (Medieval Fantasy Cinderella)
A young woman, orphaned and left to the cruelty of a stepmother and two stepsisters, made a wish that she could attend the prince's ball. In a flash of light a beautiful woman appeared in the young woman's little kitchen. It was her fairy godmother. With a wave of her wand and a few magic words, the young woman was dressed in the most exquisite gown and a pair of glass slippers. And with a few more words, a pumpkin became a carriage and took the young woman to the ball. Once there, she met the handsome prince and danced the night away. But on the stroke of midnight the magic on her began to fade and she fled the palace, leaving behind only one of her glass slippers. The prince discovered it and vowed to find the mysterious woman and make her his bride.

Months later, after searching the kingdom, the young woman was discovered to be the mysterious woman and the prince took her back to his castle. There she was dressed as a princess, for that was what she was soon to become. On her wedding day she vowed to honor and love her husband, the Prince, until the end of her days. But on the wedding night, she learned something that only the royal family knew. The Prince at the ball and the wedding ceremony was not the real Prince at all, but a proxy. The real Prince had been cursed by a wicked sorceress years ago that no one might see his face until he had been married for a year and a day, or else he shall be lost from his wife forever. Now in a marriage where she could not even look upon her husband's face, the newlywed couple spent their days getting to know one another and their nights in complete darkness so that she would not see him. And slowly the two began to fall in love.

Then one day the young woman, now Princess, falls into conversation with one of her courtiers who has heard rumors of her husband being truly ugly. She denies this, but has never seen his face so begins to wonder if the courtier may be right. So that night, while the Prince sleeps, she lights a candle and draws it up to his face. She discovers that he is indeed quite handsome and unable to help herself gently touches his face, which awakens him. As their eyes meet, there is a flash of light and he is gone. She calls for the guards, but there is no trace of the prince. A search is called for, but the Princess knows the curse has come to pass and her husband must be lost forever. She calls upon her fairy godmother, who agrees to help her. The sorceress has taken the Prince into another world, a world that might have come to pass has certain life changing events not happened in their own world. The fairy godmother can send the Princess there, but she cannot say what might be different and what might be the same. Knowing that his only hope of returning to her and his kingdom is her, this is a chance the Princess is willing to take to save her love. And so in a flash of light, the young woman begins her quest to save the Prince and break his curse.

Plots By Other Storytellers

These plots are not my original ideas, but taken from previous roleplays I've done years ago. I only bring them up because I love the world created for them and would like to explore it a little more.

The Great Library (Modern or Futuristic-ish, maybe even Steampunk)
In an alternate world from ours, there is a race of god-like beings known as The Librarians. They are responsible for keeping the written word alive and spreading it across the world. Their home is in the from of a grand library and each has their own job, from the head of the library down to the lowly clerks who work directly with mortals in sharing the books. However, not everything is peaceful in The Library. There are those known as Burners, who want to destroy what the Librarians have built.

(Alternate idea: The Great Library is the largest library ever known to Europe. Grander than even the historical Library of Alexandria. The keepers of the text live and work in the Library, though sometimes venture out into the world for supplies, to meet other, etc.)

- Librarian x Librarian
- Librarian x Burner
- Librarian x Mortal/Human

Original Thread Link

The Voyage of Fortuna (Medieval/Age of Exploration Fantasy)
It is ten years after the first colonies were set up in the New World. Now, experienced captains can make the trip over the Western Sea safe and sound in a bit less than a month. Trade between the colonies and Valu is booming. The kingdom of Barista holds an iron grip over the islands of the New World, and subsequently wield mighty political power back on Valu. The golden age of co-operation has come to an end to the people of Valu: bickering and distrust has replaced the comradery of the past years. However, the military of Barista keeps most of the wars and revolutions at bay: they have too much at stake to have uprisings happen on either end of the world. Pirates and buccaneers have begun to infest the seas of the New World, and even completely independent cities have appeared. The ruler of the region, Lord High Paladin Berik, hunts down pirates and leaves the neutral cities alone, honoring their wishes.

Now, there are talks of another grand fleet, this time even further to the west. The new king of Barista and his military commander, Berik, are convinced that even more riches lie beyond the calm, endless seas that stretch out westwards of the New World. Right now, Berik is putting together his fleet, amassing sailors and warships from his own legions to serve under his flag once again as the spearhead for Barista expansion. Once again people flock to be the first ones to discover a new world and to get their shares of the glory and the riches.

This is where the West Sea Trading Company, the galleon Fortuna and its captain Frans Pereth step in.

The West Sea Trading Company is a minor house of merchants operating out of the capital of Barista. They are a vocal group, lobbying the king to withdraw his troops from the New World and the free up the commerce, but to no avail. They mainly trade in the spices of the New World, selling to a select clientele. A privately funded operation, the merchant house is constantly looking for sources of income and power that would let them get an upper hand over the hated kingdom of Barista, no matter how slight. Now, such an opportunity has come.

Frans Pereth, the captain of the ship Fortuna, has promised the Western Sea Trading Company something unbelievable: the chance to be the first people to visit the lands beyond the New World. Pereth has forged a deal with the Trading Company, where they fund his supplies and crew and he will in exchange claim any lands found in the name of the Trading Company. There have been some questions regarding to Pereth’s motives behind organizing such a journey instead of joining up with the official fleet. However, the Trading Company has decided to set its coffers behind Pereth. And now, in secret, a race for the supposed riches of the lands beyond the New World has begun as Frans Pereth quietly gathers a crew to sail ahead of the Barista military fleet into waters that have never been treaded by a seafaring vessel before.

It is the year 712 as counted by the Holy Men of the Church of Khyst: it is the year of the Second Exploration.

Original Thread Link

Current Roleplays

1. Breaking the Curse (Medieval Fantasy/Beauty and the Beast) Not Active
Plot: Two princesses of a kingdom have been cursed. The eldest to sleep until awaken by a prince, and the second to be married for a year and a day without setting her eyes upon her husband. The son of a duke has been found to marry the younger princess, but he has a curse of his own. The men in his family are cursed with the traits of a dragon, and they can only become fully human again by marriage to a woman with royal blood. Will they be able to break each other's curse?
Partner: BelugaBeth
Location: PMs (Though I am keeping a thread of our posts in a thread.)

2. Frozen Heart - A Continuation of Disney's Frozen
Plot: It's been years since Elsa of Arendelle was crowned queen. Years since her sister, Anna, helped her realize her own inner strength. And with the self realization and strength, she has embraced her powers and rules her kingdom with benevolence. Her powers are known among the local kingdoms, and farther away they are but rumors. Yet that has not stopped Arendelle from being a center of trade and known for upholding peace among the neighboring kingdoms.

With summer done and autumn upon them, her advisers have recommended that Queen Elsa tour her kingdom and familiarize herself with her subjects. Her sister, Anna, and Anna's husband, Kristoff, have come with her as well as a few advisers. Though towards the end of their tour, instead of heading back to the capital of Arendelle they will be traveling on to Mirskoy, a neighboring kingdom to the northeast. They are to attend the royal wedding of Ekaterina, the princess of Mirskoy and Prince Ivan of Mirskoy's neighboring kingdom to the east, Vostok. Like most royal weddings, it is one that will join two kingdoms. And also with most important royal events, all local nobility are invited. That is, however, with one exception.

Koroleva, the kingdom north of Mirskoy, has not been invited to the royal union. In fact, the queen of Koroleva has sent emissaries to try and advise against the wedding. Even going so far as to offer her son's hand instead. Yet even with such an offer, the king of Vostok was able to persuade that that power Mirskoy would gain from the marriage to their children would be one much greater than that a union with Koroleva. Unable to persuade the kings otherwise, the queen has sent her son to try and stop the wedding. And although they have never met, the prince of Koroleva and Elsa of Arendelle have something very special in common. A power that has great beauty as well as great danger. A power that can thaw a frozen heart.

Partner: Panda_is_Luff

3. It's Only Forever - A Labyrinth Roleplay
Plot: Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl who wished for the goblins to take away her baby brother. The king of the goblins, in love with the girl, fulfilled her wish and offered to turn her brother into a goblin. Realizing what her wish would inflict upon the child, she begged him to allow her to save him. The goblin king allowed it, challenging her to solve his labyrinth and win back the child. Through many dangers and help from those in the labyrinth, she managed to confront the goblin king and win back her brother. But this victory came at a cost for both of them. Jareth, the goblin king, lost much his power in defeat. And Sarah, the beautiful girl, decided it was time to grow up and eventually she forgot about her time in the labyrinth. To her, it had been just a dream.

Yet the goblin king did not forget. As the years passed on, his powers grew again. And the next time a young maiden called upon him, he did not let her go. Instead he made her his consort and fathered a son. He taught the boy how to navigate the labyrinth, use magic to get what he wanted, and how to make those who did not obey him suffer. And above all, he taught him that love was dangerous and would make him weak. Especially love for a mortal.

But history is about to repeat itself. Sarah is a grown woman now. She has been married, divorced, and married again. Her eldest daughter, from her first marriage, is much like how she was at her age. Living at home while pursing a degree in art at the local college, she is forced to watch over her twin younger sisters while her parents go out. The two pre-teen girls are rather spoiled, self-absorbed, and constantly teasing their sister about the fairy tale books, movies, and toys she loves. They even go so far as to go into her room and steal her things, just to torment their older sister while they giggle at her frustration.

It seems that the only place of solace she has is the local library. Using the excuse of having to study, she is able to curl up with her books for hours on end without her pestering sisters. And lately she has fallen in love with an old book of her mother's called "The Labyrinth". Filled with poems and tales of goblins and magic, she can't help but wish that such a world existed so she could escape her home life. But little does she know, there have been eyes from that very world watching her for years. Waiting until she was ready. Waiting for her to say the words that would invite her into to the labyrinth.

Partner: lovelylittlefart

4. Another World (Medieval Fantasy)
Plot: Once upon a time lived a mighty queen who saved her nation from destruction. She was a part of the prophecy, a savior to her kingdom in time of need. Many thought she had done so already. Many saw her as cold, cruel and uncaring but for her one guard, she was everything.

They became lovers-secret lovers until the queen was unfortunately killed. Now, centuries later in a place where paralell worlds collide the guard sees a woman touring an ancient medieval castle with the likeness of the royal majesty. In her real world the guardian, who has been roaming the worlds looking for the queen, the guardian knows that time is running out. Can they convince the woman of who she is? And get her to save the kingdom again? Can their love still be alive or has it fizzled out like the queen's prior life?

Partner: Freya Maria

...And They Lived Happily Ever After!

User Image

Romantic Bookworm

"Let me be your wings
Let me be your only love
Let me take you far
Beyond the stars!

- Thumbelina

Romantic Bookworm

"Wish for the moon and the moon will appear
Lighting the sky just for you
If you imagine your fears disappear
There's nothing you can't do."

- Canon Movie Tales Beauty and the Beast

Colorful Sweetheart

ღooobooouooomooopoooღ

Hey Stranger!
I am trying to recruit for a group roleplay. I didn't notice anything in your posts saying if you did or
didn't like group roleplays. If you did mention that you don't, I'm awfully sorry to have missed it. ^^;;

Anyway, down to business. The roleplays is Streveport: Death Comes Fast. It is a murder mystery
roleplay, and the story is basically this:
It's been a long time since the last murder was reported in Streveport. A mass murderer killed
nearly half the town, while the other half moved away for fear of being the next victim, leaving the
town abandoned. Now, years later, the small town has been brought back to life, and it seems as
though life has gone on as used to. At least, before the murders started again.

If you're interested, please take the time to check out the thread.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

ღooobooouooomooopoooღ

Romantic Bookworm

Sweet Sugarness Cupcake

Thank you for considering me for your group roleplay. However, I am looking for more one on ones right now. I hope your thread goes splendidly!

And your plot reminded me of the group game Werewolves. XD

Romantic Bookworm

"Rainbows raced around the room when he danced with me
Shooting stars began to zoom when he danced with me
In his arms I was ascending, my world became a magic blending
Of dreams and hopes and love, when he danced with me."

- The Slipper and the Rose (Cinderella)

Romantic Bookworm

"Did you not hear My Lady
Go down the garden singing
Blackbird and thrush were silent
To hear the alleys ringing