Welcome to Gaia! ::

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Profile Thread

I will post accepted character profiles here. Once your profile is posted, go ahead and begin!

Links

Profile Skeleton

[size=22][color=#FF0000][b]⊱⊱ [/b][/color][/size][size=16][color=#000000][b]C[/b][/color][/size][size=14][color=#990099][u][color=#0D0000]i[/color][color=#190000]r[/color][color=#260000]q[/color][color=#330000]u[/color][color=#400000]e[/color] [color=#660000]d[/color][color=#730000]e[/color] [color=#990000] T[/color][color=#A60000]r[/color][color=#B20000]o[/color][color=#BF0000]m[/color][color=#CC0000]p[/color][color=#D90000]e[/color][color=#E60000]r[/color][color=#F20000]i[/color][color=#FF0000]e[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
              [center][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/blackblood_elf/Circus Circus/circusstar2.png[/img][color=white]xxx[/color][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/blackblood_elf/Circus Circus/Profilebanner.png[/img][color=white]xxx[/color][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/blackblood_elf/Circus Circus/circusstar2.png[/img]
              [size=20][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][/size][/center]

[imgleft]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/blackblood_elf/Circus Circus/profileside.png[/imgleft]
              [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
              [align=right][color=slategray]__________________________________[size=16][i] T H E :tab: [P O S I T I O N][/i][/color][/align]
              [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]

[size=16][color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]ηαмε[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Full Name][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]αgε[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Age That You Stopped Aging -Written Out- minimum 21] / [How many years you've been with the Cirque][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]gεη∂εя[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Gender][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]sεxυαℓιтү[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Sexual orientation][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]cιяcυs ρσsιтιση[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][The Circus Position you are Applying For][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]ρσωεя[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][NOTE! POWERS ARE TYPICALLY SOMEHOW RELATED TO THE POSITION IN WHICH YOUR APPLYING FOR. EX. FIRE BREATHER CAN MANIPULATE FIRE, ACROBATS HAVE INHUMAN BALANCE AND SPEED, STRONGMAN HAS MASSIVE STRENGTH. Be creative! Use your imagination. If you have troubles thinking about a power, don't be afraid to ask Thymeast22 or Aiolios for ideas. Describe your power here.][/size][/b]

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color][size=20][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][color=#990000]✪[/color][color=#CC9900]✪[/color][/size]

[color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]ρεяsσηαℓιтү[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Tell us about yourself.][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]ℓкεs/∂ιsℓιкεs[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Four or more of each. If you wish, you can describe the reason why.][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]ғεαя[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Tell us your fears.][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]вισ[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][Give a decent recollection of your past. Include the history of your family's debt, how you came to be in the cirque, ect.][/size][/b]
              [color=#330000]✦[/color][color=#7A0000][i]cяεαтσя[/i][/color] ::
              :tab: :tab: :tab:[b][size=10][username][/b][/size][/size]
              [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
              [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
              [align=right][color=#7A0000]__________________________________[size=9][i] νσтяє âмє єѕт ℓα мιєииє ... [/i][/color][/align]

Firebreathing Gekko

⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab L I O N T A M E R

ηαмε ::
                                                        tab tab tab Ava Moran
                                                        αgε ::
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-one / Twenty-one (I've been here since birth)
                                                        gεη∂εя ::
                                                        tab tab tab Female
                                                        sεxυαℓιтү ::
                                                        tab tab tab Heterosexual
                                                        cιяcυs ρσsιтιση ::
                                                        tab tab tab Lion-tamer
                                                        ρσωεя ::
                                                        tab tab tab I can speak to almost all mammals (no snakes or birds or anything) and understand them. It's not telepathic, only out loud, but they understand when I speak English to them and I can understand their vocalizations. I also have an unusual bond with cats, and they are more likely to listen to me than anyone else.

xxxxxx

ρεяsσηαℓιтү ::
                                                        tab tab tab I'm curious, fear-less, and adventurous. I'll try nearly anything, and have due to my unusual upbringing. I love to laugh and have fun, and will tease you mercilessly. But I can't stand to see anyone upset or mad, and I'll do everything in my power to fix it. I'm stubborn, relentless, and determined to get my way. By now, I've figured out how to wrap some of the older performers around my fingers, but I wouldn't consider myself manipulative. Not like Maiya, for sure. I feel like I'm too easily upset, but I try not to show it and it's not hard to raise my spirits. I can't hold a grudge or stay angry, either. What more can I say? I'm me.
                                                        ℓкεs/∂ιsℓιкεs ::
                                                        tab tab tab I love storms, because they're so wild and cleansing. Something about getting drenched in rain while the wind tries to blow you down is wonderful. Chocolate, or any sort of sweet, will win you a special place in my heart. Animals, especially cats, are an obvious favorite of mine. I tend to like them better than people, sometimes. Books are a secret love, one I don't widely share. But I have a small collection, primarily thanks to the ringmaster, that I have read dozens of times. They let me escape, be someone else and run away, you know? Even a circus-performer needs that sometimes.

Now, what can you do to get on my bad side, you might wonder? Well, I detest coconut. Something about the texture, it just ruins any food for me. Tea is vile, and there is no reason to ever drink it if cocoa is an option. I'm not a fan of needles either - I tend to panic if I have to be poked with anything, or pass out after freaking out. Frogs, they freak me out a little. Those big eyes just staring at you and the way their tongue flicks out to catch bugs? It's creepy.

ғεαя ::
                                                        tab tab tab I'm terrified of being sent away. This is the only home I've ever known, I don't know how I could possibly learn to live a normal life after this.
                                                        вισ ::
                                                        tab tab tab Well, both my parents were performers - mom was an acrobat, and dad the lion tamer. They stuck around until I was three and they learned what my gift was - speaking to animals. And then they learned that the cats loved me, and didn't see me as a snack. At that point, they passed their debts onto me, and handed me to the Ringmaster to raise. He wanted little to do with me, but I gave him no choice in the matter. No matter how many times he tried to get another performer to take care of me, he would find me back in his possession. Life got even more interesting after that. So, I grew up in the circus. I've learned acrobatics, knife-throwing (Maiya played an active role in keeping me out of serious trouble as a child), basic sleight-of-hand. And I learned to train my cats, to perform with them. It's still dangerous, but they like me a little better than anyone else, and are willing to work with me. Mostly. I'm finally the head lion-tamer (the one who took over while I was growing up trained me, and recently paid off his debt), and I serve as a burglar for the Circus. I have a knack for getting into places I don't belong and for quieting any guard-dogs.
                                                        cяεαтσя ::
                                                        tab tab tab thymeast22

__________________________________ νσтяє âмє єѕт ℓα мιєииє ...

Firebreathing Gekko

⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab tab K N I F E - T H R O W E R

tab tab tab Maiya Renee Seilouen
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-two. I've been here for much longer though, but - ah - a woman must keep her secrets~! (Really, I've been a part of the circus for around 100 years.)
                                                        tab tab tab Female
                                                        tab tab tab Bisexual
                                                        tab tab tab Knife-thrower
                                                        tab tab tab Telekinesis

xxxxxx

tab tab tab I am flirtatious, confident, elegant, and talented. I love this job and all the things associated with it. Particularly the hidden part of the circus, it's my favorite part. I'm social, enough to get me by anyway. I suppose the underlying tone here also states I am quite full of myself. Though, don't worry sweetie, I won't be too rough.
                                                        tab tab tab I love knives. They are my weapon of choice, as both their small size and their maneuverability is spectacular to work with.
                                                        tab tab tab Sweets are also a thing I favor, while I, myself, can't get any sweeter - I need some sugar to deal with some of you knuckleheads.
                                                        tab tab tab Flowers - though, what woman doesn't love flowers? Not only do they smell sweet, which is great to cover up awful B.O., but they are beautiful. Almost as beautiful as I am.
                                                        tab tab tab Performing is the last of this list of four things I like. When I stand on the stage and cause the crowd to gasp or give me a reaction, it just fuels me life as a performer so much more. The more of a rise I get from the people who attend my knife throwing act, the better I feel afterwards.
                                                        tab tab tab Now onto my dislikes, I suppose. I hate body odor. It smells awful. I'd rather bathe in acid than stand around someone who smells awful.
                                                        tab tab tab When people misjudge me. Just because I am flirtatious doesn't mean I'm easy. It means I'm having a good time, got it?
                                                        tab tab tab My boobs. Seriously guys. My eyes are up here - on my face. I know my knockers are cute, but don't ogle them.
                                                        tab tab tab My performance outfit. It is the outfit you can see me in on the side of this application. It makes me look sexy as hell, yes? However, it is so uncomfortable to wear. My babies look like they are about to pop out. I mean, just add some sleeves or something!

tab tab tab Losing my job. I love this place too much to not have it anymore.
                                                        tab tab tab Hmm, let's see. My past. When I was young, probably like five, I got tired of my parents always putting things out of my reach. I got tired of having to ask them to get me a cookie every time I wanted one. I just got tired of things being up out of my reach. So, one night, I prayed to the devil, because god never answered. I wished for some sort of gift to move things into my range always. As a result of that, he gave me telekinesis. Which, quite frankly, it worked all the wonders I needed it to. I never had to ask for help because of my short stature ever again.

After awhile I grew up and the circus rolled into town. After I attended I ran into the ring master who then drafted me into the circus, saying it was the way to pay off my debt to the devil. Circus sounded like a fun place to be, so I figured - why not? I signed my life away and began working hard in service of the Ringmaster, Morgan. I became a part of the second job, thievery, and fell in love with that aspect of the job as well.

While I payed off my debt ages ago, I just have absolutely no desire to leave. So, they are stuck with me.

tab tab tab Cynosural Cataclysm

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab F I R E - B R E A T H E R

tab tab tab Pyrrhus Alexander Grey
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-Two/ Thirty
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Gay (Flaming homosexual, haha, get it?)
                                                        tab tab tab Fire Breather
                                                        tab tab tab Pyrokinesis

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Pyrrhus is a bit hot-headed and quick to anger, but he's also quite quick to cool off. He's quiet about his past and never tells stories about anything but other people. Few people know how long he's been at the circus, let alone what he was doing before he got there. Off-stage, he appears generally a bit chilly until something sets him off, but he's loyal, and a lot more kind than he may outwardly appear. On stage, he's a natural showman with a flare for the dramatic and he lights up whatever performance space he has. Both literally and figuratively.

tab tab tab Flames; It should be obvious that the firebreather really has a thing for fire, but none the less he does have a strong connection to it, It almost feels like an extension of himself at this point.
                                                        tab tab tab Performing; Pyrrhus has a flare for the dramatic and he loves getting the 'oohs' and 'ahs' from the crowds. He enjoys the worried squeaks and gasps just as much, if not more.
                                                        tab tab tab Coffee; He doesn't like to sleep (See below), so any way he can get caffeine is a good thing for him. Coffee, black as night, is his favorite though.
                                                        tab tab tab Music; He can't play or sing a note himself, but he's always been entranced by music of almost any kind.
                                                        tab tab tab Cold Weather; Pyrrhus never feels right when he's cold, and traveling around as much as they do, sometimes they get into cold spots. He tends to make spot fires around himself in cases like that and he got in trouble once for starting just a tiny fire that he had totally under control in a sleeper car of the train while they were travelling once.
                                                        tab tab tab The Long Train Rides; He hates being cooped up, it makes his skin crawl, he loves being in a new city every weekend, but he hates the big metal tube he has to ride to get there.
                                                        tab tab tab Female 'admirers'; He is attractive, and he knows it, yes, but that doesn't mean he likes it when girls sneak around and try to catch him off guard while he's wandering around the circus out of character. He's never found the fairer sex appealing in that way and he's gotten slapped for turning coy girls down more times than he'd like to count.
                                                        tab tab tab Sleeping; Even though it's been an extremely long time since Pyrrhus has sparked off in his sleep, he still fights to sleep as little as he can and tends to make sure that he bunks with a light sleeper when he does doze off.

tab tab tab Losing control of his powers.
                                                        tab tab tab It was his father that incurred the debt. While Pyrrhus's mother was swollen with child she became deathly ill. It appeared to everyone that she was going to die and take the child with her, so Pyrrhus's father did the only thing that he could imagine that had any hope of working. He made a deal with the devil in exchange for a few more years with his wife and son. Not a day later, his wife made a miraculous recovery, and about a month later, their son, Alexander, was born.

tab tab tab Because the gap in time between the deal and the time that the son was born, the Devil let the collection lag so that the debt would pass on to the boy. He was born with burn-like birthmarks all over his body, notably on his face and on his back, but other than the strange markings the child appeared entirely normal.But everything changed when the fire nation attacked

tab tab tab That was, of course, until Alexander's power showed it's head. When he was ten, he acidentally created sparks of his own while trying to light a lamp. His parents assured him it was fine, and his father tried to suppress the power however he could, knowing that this was a price that he was paying for having a son at all but not wanting it to be now. Not yet. Because suppressing things you don't like or don't want to face always goes so well.

tab tab tab When Alexander was fifteen, he awoke from a nightmare to find the house in ashy ruins around him and his parents nowhere to be found. Everyone told him that the gaslight had tipped over in the night, that there was nothing he could have done. That it was a miracle that he survived, without even a burn on his body. More people told him that he was a demon child that he did it and he should never see the light of day again. Perhaps all of it was true, but with nothing left to lose and a heart as heavy as lead, Alexander ran from both truth and lies.

tab tab tab It was almost inevitable that he would have ended up at the Circus. A lost boy with a flashy power and nowhere else to go. It only took a month to get him to blossom into a showman. He found he was a completely different person on stage. And finally being able to let his powers out was a kind of freedom he would have never expected. He adopted the name Pyrrhus as a stage name, to reflect his fiery nature, but kept the rest of his name close. After the first year he was almost begging to learn tricks from other performers and learned how to swallow swords and found he had a small knack for contorting, The slight of hand was a little bit more tricky, but within five years he could pull your card out of a deck with a little flash of fire just to make it that more entertaining. He only uses the tricks at stops in off-towns to earn a bit of pocket money though, he wouldn't want to steal anyone's act unless they asked him to preform with them.

tab tab tab At this point, Pyrrhus has been in the circus thirty years of his 'sentence' of fifty, but he has no real plans to leave after his 'sentence' is up. He enjoys the place much more than he ever expected that he would.

tab tab tab WhatTact

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab I L L U S I O N I S T

tab tab tab Taubryn Meleachlainn
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-four/Thirty-eight
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Pansexual
                                                        tab tab tab The Illusionist
                                                        tab tab tab Illusion Casting

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Taubryn is a curious little being. And by curious, it really means not knowing when to stay out of peoples’ businesses. Even if it’s something that could potentially get him killed or maimed horribly, he can’t help but stick his nose where it doesn’t belong. Some say it’s because he likes the thrill, others because he’s just plain stupid. No one really knows. He never stays in one spot for too long and, if he can’t walk away, sometimes falls asleep right where he is if he gets too bored. He is awkwardly energetic and is always moving some part of his body in some way. It’s hard to tell what Taubryn’s really thinking most of the time since he often likes to speak in riddles and avoids direct questions like the plague. His smiles are wide and friendly and his eyes are rarely clouded, but there’s a hint of something else that lurks behind them. It may be nothing, just a trick of the light. The way he laughs at people's pain might just be a reflex he learned to cope with the horrific events in his life. And the way his words are always slightly mocking and never seem as true as they could be might just be how he intones his voice. Who knows, but more often than not, people always seem to forget that there's always more to someone than meets the eye.
                                                        tab tab tab
                                                        Sweets. Who doesn't? They're flavourful, they come in different shapes/sizes, and you can get them almost anywhere. For free as well if you play your cards right!
                                                        Cool nights. Sometimes it gets a bit stuffy in the tents and in the train, so it's good to get out once in a while.
                                                        Talking to inanimate objects. They can provide surprisingly good input if you let them.
                                                        Messing with anyone and everyone. Pretty self explanatory. He has to have his fun apart from his performances after all.
                                                        Other people’s weaknesses. It's easy to mess with people and create illusions for them if he knows just what makes them tick.
                                                        Lazy mornings. He hates getting up early in the morning so anytime that he can sleep in late and not have to worry about doing anything for the rest of the day, he considers to be one of life's great gifts.
                                                        Being pampered. Again, self explanatory. He loves making people do things for him and getting him things.

Dislikes:
                                                        People asking about his bandages. First off, rude. Second, it's none of their business.
                                                        Too bright colours. They hurt his eyes and they seems so unnecessary. Surprisingly, he's completely fine with bright lights.
                                                        Hot weather. Sweat is never a good thing, especially if you're doing it all day.
                                                        Forgetting something important. That always usually leads to trouble down the line. Sometimes not for him, but just in case.
                                                        Vegetables. Gross.
                                                        Large, open areas. While he doesn't appreciate incredibly closed spaces, he also doesn't appreciate large areas. There's way too much to take in and consider if he finds himself in a huge field or something.
                                                        Strange mushrooms. ....what? They're suspicious.

tab tab tab Becoming blind and being locked up again.
                                                        tab tab tab Taubryn's parents weren't the richest of people, but they were happy enough. They had everything they could have ever wanted, even if it wasn't much. Everything, except for one thing. No matter how hard they tried and how hard they wished, they couldn't seem to have a child. Desperate and all out of options, they made a deal with the Devil. Soon enough, nine months later, they had Taubryn. They were so grateful and so ecstatic that they completely forgot that the Devil wanted something in return. Not knowing how to pay it off, his parents ran. That proved to be the worst decision of their lives. While in the first few years, everything seemed fine, Taubryn began to act strangely. He kept talking to things that weren't there and making friends with the furniture.They figured that it was just a phase, but after a few years of this, they grew quite disturbed, especially when they sometimes could see the things their son was seeing but only for a brief moment. Scared that their beloved son would be mocked and treated with cruelty, they kept him cooped up in the house. No one in the new area they moved to even knew they had a son until he grew sick.

Taubryn began getting headaches and he kept complaining that his vision was "dark". They took him to a doctor but of course that old man proved to be as useful as a bag of potatoes in a desert. After that, they had to watch, helpless, as Taubryn's powers grew and his mental stability continued to deteriorate. The kids in the neighborhood tried to get him to come out and play but his parents always stopped him and locked him in his room. Taubryn grew enraged and created his very first, real illusion: a replica of himself to stay in his room while he went out. Not even a few weeks later, Taubryn showed his new friends his neat little tricks. The kids thought he was a freak and began to tease him mercilessly. Faced with something he had no idea how to deal with, Taubryn panicked and disappeared. He came home crying that night and apologizing to his parents. Though upset that he had apparently been sneaking out, his parents were understanding and comforted him. The kids, however, were not. They continued teasing him even when his father threatened to tell their parents what they had been doing.

One day, when Taubryn was only ten, a group of older children took him and locked him in a closet. He could hear them laugh through the door and he...snapped. He created the most terrifying and realistic illusion he had ever created thus far and left all of the kids in catatonic states. He and his parents left after that and never looked back. They moved to another town and started anew. He began to hate being locked up, after his first taste of freedom, but he didn't question anymore. He created new friends for himself. A few years after that, Taubryn's parents grew gravely ill and eventually passed away. Not knowing what to do, he began to wander the countryside. He came across the circus and, subsequently, the Ringmaster. Taubryn didn't believe him at first, about the whole deal thing, but seeing as he had nothing better to do and nowhere to go, he agreed to pay off this debt. He is content for the time being and quite enjoys performing.

tab tab tab Ararelia

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab J U G G L E R

tab tab tab Simon Flynn
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty three/ Four
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Bisexual
                                                        tab tab tab Juggler
                                                        tab tab tab Manipulates gravity. Can make himself and other nearby objects lighter or heavier, can draw things towards him or push them away to a certain extent.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Simon is very care free, and more often than not a little careless. He's not one to take anything seriously and prefers to make a game out of life. He might have taken the high wire or flying trapeze considering his experience in the rigging of ships and his power's natural safety net but the distance from the crowd and the other performers was less appealing than the fun and showmanship of juggling. He likes to talk and joke with everyone, which makes him popular with the circus patrons. He especially likes to juggle trinkets and coins belonging to his audience, jokingly challenging them to toss him more money and easily keeping all the small coins flying high in the air with quick fingers.
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Money; Something he never had as a child, and something he relishes both acquiring and spending. Because of this he never hangs on to the same coin for very long, often spending all his earnings on frivolous things.
                                                        tab tab tab ✔Drinking; One of his very favorite things to spend his money on. While he only gets properly sloshed on special occasions he'll rarely go an evening without touching his flask. He likes to boas that it makes his juggling all the more impressive.
                                                        tab tab tab ✔The ocean; Simon had always been drawn to the sea and her wild power. He knew that someday he'd go out on one of the great ships he watched from the rocky shore and see far away lands as he learned the secrets of the ocean.
                                                        tab tab tab ✔Singing; He might have been a choir boy if he hadn't been so put off by the church and it's practices. He still happily took part in singing a sea chantey with the rest of the crew to liven up the days at sea, his voice one of the sweeter ones among them. he sings sometimes when he performs, though most of the songs are quite crude and made to get his audience laughing.
                                                        tab tab tab ✘Animals; He's never trusted animals of any kind. He sees them mostly as ill omens, unpredictable and wild and unwholesome, and thinks they're either too stupid or too cunning to be kept in human company.
                                                        tab tab tab ✘The church; His parents were both devout worshipers who never tired of preaching to their indebted son. The more they preached the more he saw it as a hypocritical load of dung and the more he tried to avoid it completely.
                                                        tab tab tab ✘Cruelty; While he may pull a prank on occasion it's never mean spirited. He's been under the power of cruel people and he cannot stand to see others subjected to similar cruelty.
                                                        tab tab tab ✘Potatoes; He was a poor potato farmer's son, it's almost inevitable that he grew to hate the lumpy little things.

tab tab tab He's terrified of fire and dogs.
                                                        tab tab tab Simon was born the sixth child to poor Irish potato farmers. The years before his birth saw the worst blight in memory devastate the crops and threaten to destroy the lives and livelihoods of every farmer in Ireland. The Flynns preyed with the rest of the community for some relief, but none came, until one day the blight mysteriously disappeared, bountiful harvests taking it's place. Everyone praised God for the miracle that had relieved their famine, all but one family that knew better, but would say nothing.
                                                        And so the burden of debt from his parent's deal fell to Simon to work off, and his parents never let him forget this. He grew to resent the whole deal, tired of hearing about the sin he carried that had to be rectified. He took to running away to the coast instead of working the farm with his siblings like he was supposed to, desperately trying to distance himself from his responsibilities. When his parents felt they were losing control of him, they sent him to the factories to work where it would be someone else's responsibility to ensure he was doing so. The foreman was a cruel man who cared little for the safety of his workers, and an explosion in the factory almost killed Simon, leaving him with burn scars on his arm and leg. (which he later had tattooed over) After this he left for good, haunting the docks in a local port town until someone finally gave him a job on a ship.
                                                        He sailed for many years, finding himself finally happy now that he was free and traveling the high seas. He still sent money home to his family when he made enough, feeling a responsibility for his siblings and the weight of the debt his parents never let him forget. When the time finally came for him to go to the circus he went willingly, but not happily. He was pleasantly surprised, however, to find that life wasn't so different after all. It's only been four years but he still gets to travel to new and interesting places, and there's still sound work to be done and plenty of money to be made. The rattling of a train car might not be the same as the rolling of a ship on the sea, but at least they don't ration the food and the booze on land.

tab tab tab Confused Philosopher

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

tab tab tab Maria Renata Biancardi aka Mimi
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-two / two
                                                        tab tab tab Female
                                                        tab tab tab Straight
                                                        tab tab tab Damsel in Distress
                                                        tab tab tab Immateriality - Mimi has the ability to make herself and anything she currently has contact with immaterial. This means that if someone throws a sword at her, she can make herself immaterial, and it will just go through her as if nothing is there. However, she does not become invisible. She still appears the same. It is just her body which changes.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Mimi is a vibrant girl who apparently gets drunk quite often because she drinks a lot. She can sometimes be a blabbermouth and roaring for a fight, but she has a pretty big heart. A mischievous streak runs in her as she likes to prank others. Otherwise, she is pretty much a lazy drunk who enjoys running around and...beating people up. There also instance in which she tries to be cute and ask for something and then just resorts to throwing stuff at people if she can't get what she wants. Her behavior wasn't always this bad, but since being at the circus, she gotten this bad because she doesn't want to be at a circus. The drinking increased and so did the throwing stuff at people.
                                                        tab tab tab Likes
                                                        - Swords - OMG Swords are like the best thing evar! Mimi adores bladeswork and modding swords.
                                                        - Tinkering with electronics (umm, yeah, if the electric light breaks, Mimi was probably playing with it)
                                                        - Baking - She makes very delicious cookies and creme flavored things.
                                                        - Fighting
                                                        - Drinking

Dislikes
                                                        - Picking up after others
                                                        - Cookies and Creme - It's a love/hate relationship. Apparently everything she tries to bake ends up being cookies and creme
                                                        - Getting beat up
                                                        - Being pranked

tab tab tab Getting seen by people she knows outside of the circus and those people finding out that she is in the circus. Never being able to leave the circus
                                                        tab tab tab Once upon a time, a baby girl was born to two loving parents. Tragedy struck as the mother died during childbirth, and the father was left to raise Mimi on his own. It turned out that the mother had only wished for the child to at least live and was able to do so due to a deal struck with the devil. Since the mother died, obviously, the debt passed to Mimi. Two years later, Mimi's father remarried to another woman. Two children followed, and thus began our story of Cinderella. Mimi’s father was a busy man, and as was custom, he did help train Mimi. The training sessions decreased though, and Mimi found herself training more with another close friend of hers. Those were Mimi’s moments of joy as well as the times her father took her traveling with him. Most of the time, Mimi was basically forced by her stepmother to do most of the chores and tend to her stepsiblings. The stepmother stated that since Mimi was the oldest, she had the responsibility to take care of her younger step sisters. Apparently, that meant doing all the chores in the house including cooking… while Mimi’s stepmother and siblings did their own things. Unfortunately, Mimi’s father never learned of these things because when he stayed in the house, everyone did chores. Mimi was more efficient as she had more experience with the chores, which became another excuse the stepmother used to have Mimi do the chores. Because of Mimi’s skill with chores and her skill with dancing/using cinders in fighting, she gained the nickname Cinderella (Let’s not mention how she burnt brownies to cinders due to overbaking.)

However, war hit in the region and Mimi became separated from her step relatives as she fought her way or immaterialized unintentionally to safety. Unfortunately, she saw her father’s death. His parting words were for her to look after herself and to take his sword, the same blade she treasures the most to this day. Lost and crying, she was pulled to safety to her surprise by a familiar face, her closest friend, the training partner. After she moved to his area, she tried to make a living and ended up being conned into trying out the circus..and then she found out about this dumb debt that she obviously never ever knew about. And apparently, she can't leave now. She really really wants to escape and bug her friends from pre-circus life, but they have not ended up in the city yet. She really is a damsel in distress and is waiting for a chance to escape.

tab tab tab Scythe de Zaran

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab A C R O B A T

tab tab tab Kimber De Vernon
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-One / Seventy-Seven
                                                        tab tab tab Female
                                                        tab tab tab Heterosexual
                                                        tab tab tab Acrobat 2 - Aerial Ribbons
                                                        tab tab tab Time Reversal :: Kimber can only reverse time around her and she had to be present at the event. I.E. If her mom gets shot she can't rewind time unless she was there watching her mom get shot and after she rewinds its she has to live through the scenario again she can't fast forward. She can only go back a couple minutes like an instant-replay and for the most part she only rewinds things that directly effect her.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab I'm quite innocent and a little shy when I want to be I hoard all my confidence and save it for my performances. People often describe me as a big kid, I give puppy dog eyes when I get into trouble I seek the approval of others and I feel good when I accomplish something. This means that also I can get very emotional, when I get sad i'm devastated and when I am happy I am light, airy and bubbly. I also have an adventurous spirit, I am not afraid to reach new heights, try new tricks and go the distance. I've only got one life to live and whether it lasts the seventy-seven I have now or two hundred I am not going to waste it being stuck in my shell.
                                                        tab tab tab
                                                        + Rain
                                                        :: The feeling of rain on her skin she always the best, its stripping, cleansing and pure. It was one day while out in the rain when she wished she could re-live the perfect fall of it in front of her that he powers came in, she re-lived that moment over and over again until she couldn't anymore until the beauty of it washed away with the raindrops.
                                                        + Travel :: Being part of the cirque is actually kind of fun because Kimber likes seeing different places and different sights, what kind of ability would rewinding time be if you had to relive the same boring things. She loves reaching new heights and experiencing foreign things.
                                                        + Freedom :: Her parents were really strict and critical on her never feeling she was good enough for their praise. Being away from them and being under less pressure is like a weight lifted, when she was bound by them she wished she could speed time up instead of rewind it.
                                                        + Harlequins :: Kimber has always like harlequins because of how visually appealing they are, the colors, the bodies, the shapes, the personalities. It is because of this she fashioned her own look after it easily combining diverse colors, and patterns into her ribbon arts.
                                                        - Thunder :: Or loud sounds in general really, she often spends time working or practicing and really loud noises can be frightening and annoying when trying to concentrate. The first time she ever fell from her ribbons was during a thunder storm that startled her, she would have broken her neck in front of hundreds of people had she not used her abilities to save herself and better prepare for the crackling.
                                                        - Losing Control :: Sometimes when her emotions take the better of her Kimber finds herself rewinding things without control, or if others emotions overcome her. For instance when her parents first really yelled at her and told her how much of a disappointment she was she kept rewinding it trying to avoid the event but being forced to relive it over and over again until she was numbed to it.
                                                        - Time :: Do I really need to explain this? As someone who manipulates time Kimber knows first hand theirs no real way to beat it. As soon as she pays off the debt of her parents she will be a slave to it once more.
                                                        - Being Cooped UP :: She just has a hard time sitting still and often likes to break free and scales buildings, often tripping in the process but still having fun. She doesn't like being surrounded by four walls, like being caged or something.

tab tab tab
                                                        - Thunder :: Besides being distracting and dangerous to her performance thunder just scares Kimber in general the loud noise reminds her of her parents yelling at her. It also startles her and puts her on edge, she often hides under furniture during thunderstorms.
                                                        - Solitude :: Being alone puts Kimber on edge and even depresses her, she likes her space but not if it means absolute all the time. Kimber is a very warm and fun going girl so she likes to be around people and make them laugh and entertain them with her skill.
                                                        - Loss :: This goes along with not being able to control things Kimber hates for time and/or people to slip away from her. Once something is truly gone sometimes it just can't be saved. Even with powers, there are limitations.

tab tab tab Kimber was the daughter to rich theatre owners, they paid for her to have ten years of ballet lessons and she got really good, she excelled in her class so that her parents would shower her with love. But she never got good enough to perform in any of her parents theatres, because of this Kimber took her talents and dedicated them to tight rope walking a feat that her parents would actually pay attention to due to the danger associated with the task, she then moved onto the Lyra Hoop and finally aerial ribbons preferring the feel of silk wrapped around her as she danced and plummeted through the sky. Once before they tried to get Kimber to quit by bribing her richly when she took a nasty spill during a practice and was off off from performing for six months.

Though her parents gave her the attention she wanted and offered her enough money to never have to work she couldn't give up the ribbons, the feeling she got when she was placing all of her weight silk suspended at least 20 feet above ground with people staring, wishing they could be as talented as her was greater than any attention she could seek from her parents. Kimber has bounced between circus's, about three to be exact, so she knows the inter-workings of them hopes to one day be a headlining star. Her dreams were put on hold when she was informed she would have to perform in the Cirque de Tromperie. When he parents told her of their debt and who it was to she finally figured out why her parents never wanted to watch her perform. They didn't want their little girl paying for their mistakes but it was too late.

Why, why she wondered were they in debt and why was it passing onto her? They explained to her that money meant nothing if they would still grow old and die, only being able to enjoy it towards the end of their life. Her parents had started off their lives as poor circus performers who built their way up transitioning to the stage and then owning their own theatres. They had wanted to restart their lives without ever having to accumulate to richness. Not starting as the paupers they were, but having always lived in lavishness, a time reversal was what they asked for, one that would be passed onto the girl with their debt.

tab tab tab Villainess Harley Quinn

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab R I N G M A S T E R

tab tab tab Morgan von Faustus
                                                        tab tab tab Ageless
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Heterosexual
                                                        tab tab tab Ringmaster
                                                        tab tab tab Well...first and foremost...there's no big secret here; I can extract your soul from your body. Simply said. The moment you are contracted into the circus, your soul becomes mine to do with as I please. This prevents you from leaving my cirque and also, if you dare to try and run...hmm. Well, let's just say the reaper is quicker than any mortal. I am able to manipulate the souls once they are in my possession; those who anger me typically find it rather difficult to sleep at night...

I am also endowed with many skills as well. I daresay I consider myself a decent swordsman, an ample equestrian rider, proficient marksman, and I like to dabble with alchemy; though I am no master by any means. A hobby really. And I do enjoy a good game of chess!

xxxxxx

tab tab tab I may look like a man of a shadowed past, but I assure you the darkness is only a facade. I rather consider myself a chipper man. I am the creative mind behind the Cirque, though I am rather laid back when it comes to the performers and the changes they want to make to their performances. As long as its run by my assistant or myself first, then I'm rather open to new and creative ideas! Though, once I have decided something does not sit well with me, be prepared to change it. Because I will not have flaws in my performances. I do like to speak my mind and I know that my words can come out quite harsh. I am also the tactician when it comes to our missions. Once I have been given the mission and plan it accordingly, I expect perfection from my team. Nothing else will suffice. Can't pull off a gig? Then punishment is all that awaits for you. I will not accept failure and the rest of the circus will know my fury. I am actively involved in the Cirque community and try to split my time between planning for missions and overseeing performances, though I do tend to get wrapped up in my work. I tend to enjoy humor and despite the heavy nature of the contracts; those who can open their hearts to me will see that I can be rather sympathetic, though I only allow a few people to become intimate enough to warrant close personal contact. Those few know me well enough to know that I fall prey to my weaknesses, though only they know them. Unfortunately, I have an explosive anger, which once is triggered, is incredibly hard to control. In my blind rage, I have been told I can lose myself in tantrums and violence. Don't mess up and we won't have an issue! I also tend to harbor intense grudges. Through no fault of their own, many of those in the cirque have had their debts placed upon them by their parents; I hate selfish people and if I feel its warranted...will visit my wrath upon them. Despite my general ease and peace, I am first and foremost a Ringmaster. Everything else is second to my mission.
                                                        tab tab tab Likes:: Obedience; Not that you can defy me, but I find that those who simply do I as I ask tend to enjoy their purgatory with me more than those who try to fight it. Do as I say when I say it...and just maybe I can procure you a little something extra to make your stay more comfortable... Classical Music; What is there to explain? Music of the Masters are often infused with the performances; though I am not opposed to hearing more...updated versions. Sweets; I blame Maiya and Ava entirely for this...Its terrible really, but baked items are my favorite. Cakes, cookies, pies; anything made by hand is terrible weakness. Flowers; Ah...well, flowers are truly beautiful and universal. They bloom in all corners of the world and come in such variety, its hard to not enjoy their versatile beauty. Dance; There is nothing more elegant than a well-trained dancer in their element. I myself used to attend many parties where dancing was a show of culture and sophistication.
                                                        tab tab tab Dislikes:: Hesitation; In this line of work, hesitating will grant you an early death. Inaction breeds trouble and punishment will come swift on those who create trouble. Reflective Surfaces; I..would rather not explain this...just know you'll not find a single mirror in my personal effects. Discord; Order and discipline is the only way to run such a volatile group. The moment chaos is introduced, everything begins to fall apart. Rain; It really just makes a mess of things...mud, standing water, torrential downpours that delay the train; really...its just a depressing aspect of nature. Threats Against my Cirque; Though I control their souls and very lives...As a leader I am ultimately responsible for these people. Some of them have been around nearly since I began this endeavor and I daresay...have become something akin to family? I take threats against my business and family very seriously...

tab tab tab Fearless leader? Pah! There's no such thing and anyone who says otherwise is speaking complete rubbish. Even the greatest leaders have fears and I am no exception. In fact, I believe being afraid of something keeps one aware, ever vigilant, and always striving. There are many things I fear but above all, I fear failure. Failure to complete a mission. Failure of losing control. Failure to appease The Owner. Failure is not something I will accept. Ever. And if anyone gets in the way of my success, I'll destroy them. Utterly and completely.
                                                        tab tab tab Hmm.
                                                        You wish to know about my past? Well, sadly, it is a tale in which only a few know and those who have sought to trudge through the shadows have often found themselves buried six feet under. All you need to know is that my work is my life and I am devoted to only one mistress; the Cirque. What I can tell you is that I simply run the show while The Owner grants me the usage of the many bits and pieces that make up this circus. The train, the tents, the stages, the animals; they all belong to The Owner. But your souls? Hmm! Why, they belong to me. I have been around a long time and could tell you many vivid and interesting stories from all around the land and amusing quips from the many souls that have come and gone from my cirque. I have traveled all around the world and have seen many amazing sights in my time, but nothing is more comforting to me than the circus. It has been quite a long time since organizing the cirque, so do forgive me if I may seem a bit...out of date.

tab tab tab Aiolios

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab R I N G M A S T E R ' SxxxA S S I S T A N T

tab tab tab Patrin "Paul" Buford
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-Six / Three
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Straight
                                                        tab tab tab The Ringmaster's Assistant
                                                        tab tab tab Divination. Growing up, I learned how to read tarot cards. It wasn't until I joined the Cirque though, that my fortune's for people actually started to come true! Well, some of them anyways. There is a catch. The only way I can actually see into the future is if I am inebriated somehow. Alcohol, drugs, something needs to be in my system in order for my gift to work. Its actually kind of frustrating, being able to see into the future but only being able to remember bits and pieces of it.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab I'm a people person. I'm friendly, hardworking, and loyal to a fault. It often comes down to me to settle disagreements between some of the performers, or often even between management, so I'm pretty good reading people. For all that though, I'm terrible with women. Every time I try to talk to a girl, to try to court her, its suddenly like somebody stuffed my mouth full of cotton. My education was rather lacking. I didn't even learn to read until I started at the Cirque, and that was only through the kindness of the people who work with me. Now though, a whole new world has been opened for me. Virgil, Homer, and Dante have helped to define me now more so than anything in my past. When it comes to the Cirque, I can be a bit of a pushover. I have trouble telling people no, even if I don't think I'll be able to do what they're actually asking me. I have an addictive personality. From little things like booze and cigarettes, to people and more, once I'm hooked, I'm hooked.
                                                        tab tab tab Alcohol. I've been drinking since I was a child. With the family I grew up with, it was just how life was. I love good beer, and I love good spirits.

tab tab tab The Open Road. I can't explain it to you, but I need to be on the move. Staying in one place to long gets me nervous. Nothing better than the feel of leave the old behind and heading towards the unknown.

tab tab tab Tobacco. I can stop anytime I want...I just don't want to. Ok, so I might have a bit of a problem, but who cares? Apparently I'm immortal now anyways.

tab tab tab People Watching. Humans are so strange. There are short people and tall people. Wide and narrow people. People of different colors. People who talk differently, or act differently. They are just so interesting!

tab tab tab Morgan von Faustus. I owe a lot to Mr. Faustus. He took me in, gave me a job when nobody else would. Hell, he's even taught me how to read and do number work. I'd do just about anything for this man.

What do I not like? Oh, not much, I'm a pretty agreeable person. But here are a few things.

tab tab tab English Cooking. I spent years in England so far, off and on. Worst food in the entire world. They boil everything. Have you ever had over boiled vegetables before? I have, and plenty of them.

tab tab tab The Church. Its a Romani thing. You'd get it if you were raised the same way I was.

tab tab tab Electricity. I know its useful, but damn if the wiring for those tent light bulbs aren't complicated. I've spent days of my life trying to find the one burnt out bulb and replace it so that the rest of the strip can work. That, and the miserable little things have shocked me a solid dozen times.

tab tab tab I'm terrified of getting stuck somewhere. I need to be on the move, the idea of "settling down" isn't one I want to entertain. I'm also not the best when it comes to blood. My own I can handle, but move me in a situation where somebody is injured and I get queasy awfully fast.
                                                        tab tab tab I am Romani. You might know us better as Gypsies though. As a kid I traveled constantly, starting in east Europe and slowly moving west. By the time I was a teenager, I had seen most of the "civilized" world, and then some. Staying in one place only ever long enough to make a little money, restock our supplies, and move on. Eventually we wound up on a boat from England back to the European mainland. The boat was unfortunately plagued by smallpox. It had wiped out about half of my companions when my family, my mother in particular, started to pray. Apparently, somebody heard her. The plague victims started to feel better and not another person died on the voyage.

As soon as we docked, a man greeted my family. Mr. Morgan von Faustus, apparently a Ringleader for a traveling Cirque. He explained that my companions now owed him for saving their lives on the boat, and that one of us would have to come with him to work at his Cirque. I was volunteered.

Part of growing up in a Romani community, was learning how to read tarot. Tarot is supposed to be able to tell the future, but it usually pretty general stuff. Its not like you ever get a card that says, "Tomorrow you will be hit by a train at exactly twelve thirty." It is more likely that it will tell you about the success or failure of a romance, or that you will be rewarded for trying new things. It wasn't until I was conscripted into the Cirque with Mr. Faustus that I actually could start to see the future with them though. Originally, when I first came to the Cirque, I was supposed to use that power to create my own fortune-teller show. But, I soon realized that the power I was given only ever actually works if I'm intoxicated on something. I can see the future, but I wake up barely able to remember anything that I saw.

So, being just about useless as a performer, I picked up other work at the Cirque as Mr. Faustus' Assistant. I run messages, settle arguments between the others, and help set up the Cirque. I've picked up quite a few skills working here too. Every sort of mechanical thing you could think of, from pounding in tent spikes, to setting up the wiring for the lights, and even working on the train's engine from time to time.

If you have a problem, come to me! I'd be happy to help you if I can.

tab tab tab Orwell's Eyes

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab A C R O B A T

tab tab tab Icarus Fletcher
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-One / Eight
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Queer
                                                        tab tab tab Acrobat
                                                        tab tab tab Superhuman Agility; Icarus can leap higher, react faster, balance better, and is more flexible than should be humanly possible; however, if he does fall It still affects him just as harshly as it would a normal human, even though he can get into a position to take it a little bit better. It does not give him extra strength, either.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Icarus is child-like and perennially chipper to an almost annoying degree. He's extremely eager to please and lights up brightly with even the smallest bits of praise. While he is perhaps not 'Innocent' he's hopeful and up-beat and tries to see the light in even the darkest of places. He's a generous person as well, and does his best to be welcoming and comforting to everyone. While his fuse is a long one, though, it does have an end. If you somehow manage to find that end, god help you.

tab tab tab Being Off The Ground; There is absolutely nothing like the feeling of being nearly weightless, swinging through the air on trapezes or teetering along on just a thin high wire. It's exhilarating, even if it is sometimes terrifying, perhaps because it's sometimes terrifying.
                                                        tab tab tab Cyr Wheels; His favorite act to preform on the ground has to be the Cyr wheels. It's dizzying and fun and lets him show off the strength that he has built up without much help from his power.
                                                        tab tab tab Sleeping; Sleep is one of the main fuel sources for Icarus's chipper attitude, and if he knows he's going to need to stay up for any length of time he often takes little cat naps wherever and whenever he can curl up to take one.
                                                        tab tab tab Morning; Everything always seems so much better when you're rested and the day's bright and new ahead of you, Don't you think? Icarus certainly does.
                                                        tab tab tab Singing; He likes music, and he often catches himself singing or humming soft, sweet melodies. They make him happy. His singing's good enough that it's been known to make others happy, too, which is just an added bonus for Icarus.
                                                        tab tab tab Late Nights Icarus doesn't like staying up much at all. It's the part of Circus life he's had to adjust to the most. He starts getting a little bit grumpy toward one or two in the morning, and tends to whine a lot more when he's really tired.
                                                        tab tab tab Alcohol; His father was a heavy drinker, and while he wasn't an abusive drunk he got swallowed whole by the habit. Icarus has avoided Alcohol like the plague because of it, and always gets a little worried when he sees someone in the circus that drinks heavily. Occasionally he'll try to talk to them about it, maybe talk them out of it, but he does his best to make sure that they know it's only out of concern for them that he even brings it up.
                                                        tab tab tab Closed-Minded People; He's always believed that people should be open to giving almost anyone a chance, but ever since he's started travelling with the Cirque he's become more aware and more annoyed by how quick people are to judge others. He just doesn't get it, and frankly it makes him a little sad.
                                                        tab tab tab Blood; The sight of blood makes him a little queasy, and whenever they have a human-pin cushion on the crew he can't make himself watch their act, no matter how much he may like the person behind it.
                                                        tab tab tab Pinapples; He just doesn't like the taste. Plus they look funny.

tab tab tab Icarus fears falling, but it drives him to be better at what he does than to avoid it. He's also kind of scared of snakes.

tab tab tab When Icarus's father was a young man, newly married to a beautiful young woman, he made a deal with the Devil. You see, his life's dream was to become a famous musician, but he simply didn't have the skill for it. So he signed away his first born son to be as skilled as the best players. Lo and behold the very next day he could play like he could never have dreamed of playing before. However, though he was able to find small jobs wherever he was able to audition, his name never spread and he remained living more or less unknown. It wasn't all bad, though. A few years after they were married, Icarus's mother had a baby boy, he was pale, and his eyes were oddly colored but his parents didn't think too much of it, the consequences of the deal having been mostly forgotten by now.

tab tab tab The small family lived together for about four years. Money was tight, but they were content with their lot in life and everything continued on about as normal until Icarus's mother got pregnant with her second child. Near the end of it, she became ill and it was clear that the birth was going to be hard on both the mother and the child. It was nearly a miracle that the baby girl, the tiny, tiny, baby girl survived at all.

tab tab tab His wife's death was hard on Icarus's father. He took to drinking and his music took a distinctly dark turn. It was surprising that he managed to hold it together well enough to get the infant through her first few years. As the girl got past most of the danger and Icarus got older, their father started paying less and less attention until Icarus was practically taking care of both his sister and his father. At least he generally got drunk after the shows on nights when he did have them. At least he was a happy, ramble-y, incoherent drunk rather than a violent one.

tab tab tab When Icarus was about fourteen his father took a sharp turn for the worse, by this point there was hardly a time when he wasn't drunk and he was more angry and violent when he was actually sober. It was especially during this time that Icarus made a point of trying to find any good anywhere, lest the bad stuff suffocate him. He even managed to convince his sister that everything would be okay in the end, even if they both knew that it wasn't going to be easy for a while. Icarus got a job as soon as he was able to find one, and it helped a little, but a lot of the extra money ended up in a bottle. A couple of months before Icarus turned fifteen, his father passed out and never woke back up. Mr. Faust came to collect not long after that, and Icarus was pulled into the Cirque.

tab tab tab At first he resisted, reluctant to give himself over to the strange man forcing him to perform and leave his sister alone with some Aunt that he didn't know, but he gave in fully after only a few months. He told himself that this captivity could be much worse. After all, he got to spend his time doing things that he enjoyed and making huge crowds happy with his talents. And at least there was a certain freedom to being on the road and never being in one place too long. There were much worse ways to live out a sentence. He stopped aging only about three years ago, but he's been with the Circus about eight years.

tab tab tab WhatTact

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab E S C A P E A R T I S T

tab tab tab Alaizabel Cyril Conway
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty-Two / Eighteen
                                                        tab tab tab Female
                                                        tab tab tab Heterosexual
                                                        tab tab tab Escape Artist
                                                        tab tab tab Teleportation- Alaizabel is able to move herself from one place to another with a simple thought. It's not all as easy as it sounds, though- firstly she finds that she has to have either been in or have ample knowledge of a location before she can just show up there (otherwise she'll just default back to her room on the train (which is really irritating at times, but she's learned to deal).

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Alaizabel is a generally good natured person. Non-confrontational and passive, she's a typically laid back and relaxed person. She doesn't stress the small stuff and isn't commonly her main concern. She lives life on life's terms and takes things as they come with a level head and reasonableness. In fact, many people say that she's a little too relaxed, a little too blasé. She is polite, proper, and poised; all of this, though, is a major facade. She behaves the way she does to maintain a distance between herself and others, and keeps up her front of kindness simply so that people don't try to dig too deep. She rarely shows anger or any major emotion unless truly pushed to a limit. She has a major issue with actually trusting people, but is fiercely loyal to people who prove themselves worthy. Just how many she actually gives the opportunity to prove themselves, though, is few. She prefers to do things on her own if she can, and is very proud, unwilling to seek help. She's stubborn, too, but is extremely diplomatic with all of her exceptionally negative outlooks of other people. She has heard people mention that she seems 'fake' or 'distant', and while it bothers her, she is willing to accept that is just how it is with her. She's waiting to see if she can find anyone worth risking her comfort for.
                                                        tab tab tab Illusions Alaizabel is fascinated by illusions and magic tricks. She is pretty easily impressed, so whenever someone has a genuine talent for mystifying others, she is absolutely thrilled by it. It's one of the very few times that she'll display genuine enthusiasm.
                                                        Acting/ Performance In order to put on a good show, a circus performer must be a decent actor. She takes this to heart, and sometimes feels she can only truly be herself whenever she is performing her escape acts.
                                                        Reading There is nothing quite like sitting in her room by the flickering flame of her oil lamp and indulging herself in a good read. The silent, the solitude, everything about it just makes her happy.
                                                        Small or High Spaces Alaizabel, being an escaped artist, is used to confining herself to small spaces. She has actually come to find comfort in hiding, in finding small places, or even just places that are high and out of reach.
                                                        Her Locket Alaizabel has a small silver locket that she wears at all times. Within it is a small photo of her and her mother when she was a child. She never is without it.

Confrontation She isn't a fighter, and at least she knows it. At the first sign of drama or trouble, you can guarantee that she will give a polite dismissal and walk away as quickly as she can, unless she is cornered. She will always try to find a diplomatic and calm solution to any issue that she may face rather than have a blow up screaming match, if she can help it.
                                                        Failure Alaizabel doesn't do well with messing things up. She hates not being able to do things on her own and is horrified of being told that she has done something wrong.
                                                        Cold Weather There's no real deep meaning or explanation for why, but she just hates being cold, and cold weather just makes it worse. There's no avoiding it, but she is pretty well known for walking around with blankets draped over her when the weather starts to dip.
                                                        Shoes She hates shoes. She only wears them when she is forced to. She loves the feeling of dirt under her feet, and shoes mess that up. It's the same with socks. She just... cannot stand things on her feet.

tab tab tab Love. She is terrified to fall in love. She's seen first hand the sick, twisted things that love can produce and she never. never wants to become that person. She never wants to see that happen to someone ever again. To love is to make those around you suffer, and she is horrified at the idea of putting someone through that.
                                                        tab tab tab Alaizabel was raised in a noble family to her mother, Melanie, and her father, Vincent. Her mother was a frail thing, always sick and weak in some form or way. When Alaizabel was five, her mother fell bedridden, and each of the doctors they called to tend to her (as her father would not just have one doctor for his beloved Melanie) told them that she did not have long. Her father would not have it. As Alaizabel laid by her mother's side one night, she heard her father sneak out of their home. She was not terribly concerned- her father left late a lot with no explanation. She fell asleep, too worried about her mother to fret about him. He did not come back until the next day. From that moment on, he did not leave Melanie's bedside, but something seemed... different.

Her condition never worsened. It seemed that her mother had reached the peak of her illness and then just... remained. Suffering. Pained. Bedridden for years and years. For ten years, Vincent and Alaizabel cared for the ailing Melanie, praying to any higher power to heal her. But no relief came.

It was twelve years of unrelenting upkeep of the house, tutoring, training, and other such duties of a noblewoman. She learned to be a proper woman; poised, prim, dainty, polite, kind, caring, gentle, subdued. She learned arithmetic, horseback riding, dancing, piano, and all of the other expected traits and skills of a woman of her stature. All of this compounded with taking care of her mother, and eventually of her father, who became so single-mindedly obsessed with Melanie that he begin neglecting himself, made her life a bit more hectic than she felt she could handle, at times. If it weren't for her talents, she would have lost it completely. She discovered that she could teleport was she was seven years old. All she wanted was go to town and buy her mother her favorite tarts, when suddenly there she was. She was beside herself with joy. She kept the ability hidden from her family and servants, but utilized it to its fullest as often as she could- the joy she got from escaping her responsibilities was glorious. Everything went on like this for years and years.

When she was nineteen, her father fell gravely ill as well, taking up the bed beside her constantly ailing mother. It was then that he finally told her, finally explained what had been going on all her life. He had made a deal, a contract, to keep her mother alive. He had been too scared to lose her, to afraid to be without his love, his darling Melanie, that he couldn't stand to lose her. Ever. So he made a deal to keep her alive, so long as he remained alive. With his death, hers would follow suit. And Alaizabel? Alaizabel would take up his debt. Before the horror had even set in, her father was gone, and her mother faded soon after.

She joined the circus three years later, after she figured out her situation, after she had finally come to terms with everything that had happened. She would serve the debt, she would perform in the show. But she could not forgive her father for what he had done, not only to her, but to her mother.

tab tab tab xXx Fox Trot xXx

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image

__________________________________ T H E tab J U G G L E R

tab tab tab Puck Hayward
                                                        tab tab tab Twenty Three / Ten
                                                        tab tab tab Male
                                                        tab tab tab Queer/Homosexual
                                                        tab tab tab Juggler 2
                                                        tab tab tab Transmutation: "changing one thing to another;" while it could be wildly powerful (and is used for quite a bit of mischief on Puck's part), it's mostly used to change the density of objects, or make subtle changes to their shape to make them easier to use without an audience knowing. He also uses it to do simple illusions and parlor-trick magic, changing objects into other objects to make things dissapear/reappear.

xxxxxx

tab tab tab Puck is rambunctious, talkative, and downright obnoxious. He takes after the sprite he's named for, causing trouble wherever he goes and loving to laugh at the expense of others. He's fiercely protective of his partner, Flynn, and will do whatever to make sure he's happy. Puck is a wild flirt, and his favorite part of the job is wandering the grounds and entertaining the crowds that mill about.
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Candies, cakes, and sweets
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Silks and fine clothing
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Fragranced pillows and blankets
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Mischief and pranks followed by dashing escapes
                                                        tab tab tab ✔ Flirting with women and leading them on
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ Spicy food
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ The way the train cars bounce when he's trying to sleep
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ Sleeping alone
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ People who can't take a joke
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ Being turned down, or not getting a response
                                                        tab tab tab ✖ Being ignored by a crowd

tab tab tab He's only afraid of being ignored or abandoned.
                                                        tab tab tab Puck was born into a family of actors. His whole bloodline had been stars of their time, like a royal performer family - and he was named after a very famous fairy from Shakespeare's work. However, the only two who weren't getting anywhere with their careers were his parents; no, dear Mr. and Mrs. Hayward couldn't land a role, couldn't hold an audience, and were often just the targets for groundlings and their refuse. That's where Cirque comes in.

Puck had already started working, trying his hand at performing. He'd realized early on, though, that being an actor just wasn't for him. He didn't like the politics of auditioning, schmoozing with the other prominent figures in town, dedicating all that time to learning lines and blocking and attending rehearsals - he just wanted to have fun and make people laugh. He'd separated from his parents quite a bit, which just made it easier for them to make their decision. They made a deal that would make them the most famous actors of all time, going down in history for generations to come; Puck didn't know anything about it.

The Haywards finally got their big break: Brutus and Portia in Julius Caesar. Things just went horribly wrong from there. Opening night, there was a prop malfunction resulting in the actual impalement on Hayward on his sword. Everyone was horrified, with most of the audience fleeing within minutes. Then, on her way out to see her husband, a weighting sandbag fell from the ceiling, knocking Mrs. Hayward right on top of her husband, killing her instantly. It was a horrific, freakish death - gaining the Haywards the fame and reverence they'd always dreamed of.

News reached Puck, and he knew it was time to leave town. As he was packing up his things, getting ready to travel Europe, he was visited by the Ringmaster. He informed him of his situation, striking up a deal - he could still see Europe, certainly, but it would be as he was working to pay off his family's debt. They owned his soul.

His sadness turned to anger. He couldn't believe that his parents would be so selfish, they'd be willing to risk his soul for a chance at fame. They were so vain, so self-centered - especially after abandoning him for not wanting to be an actor! He swore he'd never allow himself to be left that way again, and knew his only choice was to go with the Ringmaster and pay off his family debt in the circus. It was a fairly small one, compared to some of the others', but he knew he'd probably see the turn of the century before he had hope of getting out.

tab tab tab Queenie Queerie

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff