Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Meanwhile back at Mama's
          The porch lights on, come on in if you wanna
          Suppers on the stove, and beer's in the fridge
          Red sun sinking out low on the ridge
          Games on the tube and daddy smoked cigarettes
          Whiskey keeps his whistle wet
          Funny the things you thought you'd never miss
          In a world gone crazy as this

Main Thread

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
falling-through-stars

brozone layer

Channy_marie

Andante.Lola

rain dancing star

Anyone open to plot?
Sex Logic

I absolutely am!

... You're my stoner son, right?
sweatdrop

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Andante.Lola
Sex Logic

I absolutely am!

... You're my stoner son, right?
sweatdrop

✖ Simple Little Me
Daniel | the chilled druggie | Danny or dj | Nineteen | December 20th

✖ like me or love me
ambitious | quick-witted | charming
reckless | sarcastic | lazy

✖ the good and bad in the world
sleeping | weed | videogames
curfews | waking up early | being told what to do
death | losing my freedom | the unknown

In General:

Daniel is a stoner, who can be pretty laid back most of the time. Even when he is not smoking, he just takes life as slow as possible. Ambitious to when it comes to things he loves, and quick witted when things seem to get out of hand. Half the time he never realizes how charming he can be, but it clashes pretty hard with his sarcasm. Never take his sarcasm seriously, most of the time he's just joking around wanting to have a little fun. Unless he dislikes you, he will constantly pick on you without any hesitation. His recklessness usually gets him in trouble, seeing how he forgets every action has a consequence. In the end he can be a big handful.

Wearing an ankle bracelet in the mean time to serve out the rest of his probation that he is under. Cant leave the town, and he is monitored 24/7.He's not just a druggie xD. Only started to do drugs because he always felt stressed out. Like he always thought it was his responsibility to be a good model for his younger siblings, since he is the oldest. He actually does want to get better, but he feels like something is holding him back. Right now hes trying to think things over since hes on probation, he does not want to let his family down. I think he will latch onto his mother more, im not sure about his father yet. Depends how you want the relationship to flow.

But right now he is really pissed off/upset that they had to move. So the whole time right now, he hasn't spoken or isn't speaking to anyone right now.
Sex Logic

Okay, wait. Am I crazy? Was there a profile to fill out that I missed, or did you whip that up all on your own?

These kids and their internet... Can't keep up sometimes!

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Andante.Lola

Something I did LOL, there is no profile.
Just a little blurb I did.
So any ideas?
Sex Logic

Absolutely.

So.

It's definitely obvious that Danny is Milo's son. They're clearly a lot alike, which could definitely fuel why they may not get along. Milo is bitingly sarcastic and snarky. A bit of a perpetual smartass. Must be genetic.

He's a scientist, both in profession and at heart, so he's exceptionally detail-oriented and views his life as one large flowchart. This unemployment is a huge vulnerable part of his life. He hasn't been unemployed since he was in his undergrad, which was a job in and of itself. He's down. He feels awful. Moving back to his hometown is a particularly large blow as it really smacks of failure on all fronts. He had escaped. He'd gotten an education and become a successful professor at an established university in a large city...

... Until the funding for his program ran out.

Research funding for universities is largely determined on a "need" basis... Which means that money from large institutions (ie, the government and people with money to blow) goes to programs like, say, weapons development and medicine. Not too many people were interested in funding a Behavioral Ecologist's ideas about behavior in various invertebrates. He feels devalued. Worthless.

But he's not really allowing himself to feel that way.

He's treating this newfound unemployment as a bit of a sabbatical. Re-igniting his love for various things. He's in denial that he really doesn't have a job, and as such, has given himself a new one. Danny could definitely be the one to call him out on his denial. Picking away at his self-esteem and this shelter he's built for himself between his sensitive nature and ego and the big, bad world around him that has taken a very real s**t on him. This denial could also work against him helping Danny to get better. Ostrich syndrome.

I think it would be an interesting dynamic to see Danny and Milo warring, Danny attaching to his mother, who, presumably, Milo is also quite attached to.

Milo was 29 when he and his wife had Danny. At that stage in his life, he was still working toward his PhD, probably still with three years to go.

Oh, also Milo used to smoke back in the day. A lot. You couldn't be a graduate level biology student, spending weeks at a time out in the woods gathering data and not. It's just not possible. So he gets it.

Sorry if the way I brainstorm is weird... I kind of just type words as I think them and I figure out what they mean later. Would love feedback!
sweatdrop

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Andante.Lola
Sex Logic

Absolutely.

So.

It's definitely obvious that Danny is Milo's son. They're clearly a lot alike, which could definitely fuel why they may not get along. Milo is bitingly sarcastic and snarky. A bit of a perpetual smartass. Must be genetic.

He's a scientist, both in profession and at heart, so he's exceptionally detail-oriented and views his life as one large flowchart. This unemployment is a huge vulnerable part of his life. He hasn't been unemployed since he was in his undergrad, which was a job in and of itself. He's down. He feels awful. Moving back to his hometown is a particularly large blow as it really smacks of failure on all fronts. He had escaped. He'd gotten an education and become a successful professor at an established university in a large city...

... Until the funding for his program ran out.

Research funding for universities is largely determined on a "need" basis... Which means that money from large institutions (ie, the government and people with money to blow) goes to programs like, say, weapons development and medicine. Not too many people were interested in funding a Behavioral Ecologist's ideas about behavior in various invertebrates. He feels devalued. Worthless.

But he's not really allowing himself to feel that way.

He's treating this newfound unemployment as a bit of a sabbatical. Re-igniting his love for various things. He's in denial that he really doesn't have a job, and as such, has given himself a new one. Danny could definitely be the one to call him out on his denial. Picking away at his self-esteem and this shelter he's built for himself between his sensitive nature and ego and the big, bad world around him that has taken a very real s**t on him. This denial could also work against him helping Danny to get better. Ostrich syndrome.

I think it would be an interesting dynamic to see Danny and Milo warring, Danny attaching to his mother, who, presumably, Milo is also quite attached to.

Milo was 29 when he and his wife had Danny. At that stage in his life, he was still working toward his PhD, probably still with three years to go.

Oh, also Milo used to smoke back in the day. A lot. You couldn't be a graduate level biology student, spending weeks at a time out in the woods gathering data and not. It's just not possible. So he gets it.

Sorry if the way I brainstorm is weird... I kind of just type words as I think them and I figure out what they mean later. Would love feedback!
sweatdrop

No its not weird. You always have to brainstorm and just think or write aloud c:

Wow so then they are twins in a way, he must be very proud xD.Danny is going to give him the silent treatment or just be a real smartass at the moment. Seeing how they have to move to the country, which he thinks is only for poor people. I think he will soon adjust if he gets to know the place a little more, its just all new to him. That would be funny to see the two competing for the mothers love LOL.
Hey how's it going? I play Rissa the youngest daughter. Would love to start plotting with everyone. She's really excited but also really disappointed about moving. She's more on the popular side in school. She just got in a huge fight with her best friend who started to make her life a living hell at school, so that's part of why she's glad to get away. She's unsure of what career she wants to go into, but still has time to figure that out anyways.... Um I'm still trying to think of what else to do with her...

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Channy_marie
Hey how's it going? I play Rissa the youngest daughter. Would love to start plotting with everyone. She's really excited but also really disappointed about moving. She's more on the popular side in school. She just got in a huge fight with her best friend who started to make her life a living hell at school, so that's part of why she's glad to get away. She's unsure of what career she wants to go into, but still has time to figure that out anyways.... Um I'm still trying to think of what else to do with her...

Hi! I play your older brother Daniel ! Heres alittle about him..
✖ Simple Little Me
Daniel | the chilled druggie | Danny or dj | Nineteen | December 20th

✖ like me or love me
ambitious | quick-witted | charming
reckless | sarcastic | lazy

✖ the good and bad in the world
sleeping | weed | videogames
curfews | waking up early | being told what to do
death | losing my freedom | the unknown

In General:

Daniel is a stoner, who can be pretty laid back most of the time. Even when he is not smoking, he just takes life as slow as possible. Ambitious to when it comes to things he loves, and quick witted when things seem to get out of hand. Half the time he never realizes how charming he can be, but it clashes pretty hard with his sarcasm. Never take his sarcasm seriously, most of the time he's just joking around wanting to have a little fun. Unless he dislikes you, he will constantly pick on you without any hesitation. His recklessness usually gets him in trouble, seeing how he forgets every action has a consequence. In the end he can be a big handful.

Wearing an ankle bracelet in the mean time to serve out the rest of his probation that he is under. Cant leave the town, and he is monitored 24/7.He's not just a druggie xD. Only started to do drugs because he always felt stressed out. Like he always thought it was his responsibility to be a good model for his younger siblings, since he is the oldest. He actually does want to get better, but he feels like something is holding him back. Right now hes trying to think things over since hes on probation, he does not want to let his family down. But right now he is really pissed off/upset that they had to move. So the whole time right now, he hasn't spoken or isn't speaking to anyone right now.
Sex Logic

was just reading that in your message before... lol
I could see her always trying to go do things with him or want to go to parties or whatever together. She's not so much into the drugs but loves parties and being social with everyone.
So I got Cori she's really smart and a bit ocd about certain things. She's a bit shy and socially awkward. She prefers her books to being surrounded by people. Loves paying attention to details of even the smallest of things. Very family oriented. Wants to have children one day. She's a bit upset about moving away from the city, mainly because she's worried about getting into a good college.

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Channy_marie

was just reading that in your message before... lol
I could see her always trying to go do things with him or want to go to parties or whatever together. She's not so much into the drugs but loves parties and being social with everyone.

Yeah I could see them bonding over that. Sneaking out together and what not.
He would try though to make sure be a better role model so she doesn't end up like him.

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Rain Dancing Star

how well would her and danny get along?
Seeing how they are total opposites, and when does this open? o:
Sex Logic
Rain Dancing Star

how well would her and danny get along?
Seeing how they are total opposites, and when does this open? o:

I could see them arguing a lot and not getting along all the time, but if anyone else were to start something with either of them, they would protect each other... or do you have a different idea? I'm open to pretty much anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff