Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crumbly Codger

This is going to be a mishmash of an avatar gallery, plus a diary of sorts in case anyone is actually interested in my thought process when making these.

And uhhh that's it!

/intro

Thanks to the lovely kasch for the quilt piece for this thread!
User Image

Crumbly Codger

gallery

Characters
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Creatures / Not-quite-human
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Clutter
User ImageUser Image
--

Most recent: [x]

Old avatars:

From back when having no nose was common.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

--

Crumbly Codger

latest entries
10/23/17

gaia_star REJECTS TIME gaia_star

I like these. But not enough to equip. Time to kick them out of the closet.

User Image
Found a glitch that lets me have two arms (Witch of Fate + Galaxy Rebels hood cutter), but you can't do much with the basic hands. Tried to do some sort of shaman or medium with her ghostly hands, but was never satisfied

User Image
Inspired by an illustration someone posted of the cutest old lady taking care of skeleton cats.

User Image
Shaman. I love love that mask, but it's so hard to work with. Its texture is so soft but with sharp lines, and it sticks out like crazy.

User Image
idfk

User Image

I imagined a regal queen renowned for her beauty. As she ages, she can't fight the inevitable wrinkles and sagging, so begins to cover her face.

9/27/17
User Image

This is legit one of my favorite avatars I've made in a while. Been streamlining my inventory, ditching things I've accumulated over the years. Millions of socks and undershirts bought solely for matching? BYE.

So as a result, rediscovering old items - in this case that kachina dress. Legit, the colors and patterns are the best. This ended up being everything I want when I make an avatar - balancing simple blocks of color with lots of pattern; warm colors; a level of fantasy; item glitches.

9/20/17

User ImageUser Image

This was for marth's challenge to focus on just colors. I don't like to make ballgown shaped avatars typically but I LOVE vibrant colors, the kind that just pop (even if they are deep colors). Plus, that Midnight Seeker skirt, hhhhhnnnnnngh. I will never be able to afford these cry

Crumbly Codger

current obsession + influences

details details details

AT is full of ridiculously good avi makers, and I'm all starry eyed everytime I see one with beautiful details. Seriously, I can only hope to be as good as these guys, especially since I've usually kept my avatars fairly bare.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

left to right: Eloquentress, | Rose |, Vigors, bruja del bloque, Susue, FKA Riddance

I mean, just look at that! I haven't even showcased everyone. Y'all inspiring.

Crumbly Codger

mini challenge

Time to drag up the old avatars. Dig up something from your past, from way back in yesteryear, and remake it as amazingly as you can.

All I ask is you host your own images, and share both the original and the remake! No prizes for now, no set date, no limit for number of avatars you remake. I'll be keeping this little showcase of your guys' talent and growth here for a while. wink

Remakes so far:

before --- after

tsuraka
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

Crumbly Codger

-reserved just in case-

Crumbly Codger

-reserved just in case-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items