Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bucktoothed Bookworm

11,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hygienic 200
wahmbulance Hey guys! Rogue Thoughts has made a new version of this thread that will be updated a lot more than this one ever was, so go to that one instead of this one to post ok! Check it out here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/avatar-talk/made-for-each-other-and-we-re-live-moving-day-event/t.63585259_1/ wahmbulance

I have a funny little hobby on Gaia, GCD AT ninja . I spend a lot of time looking for perfect item combinations, the ones that happen either intentionally or unintentionally by the artists. I don't mean items in a set, of course, but the ones that go together so perfectly that they LOOK like they'd be items in a set. Or combinations that go together so well that they look like one item. Or just ones that the colors match perfectly. I'm always seeing ones that amaze me at how great they look together, you Gaians are always impressing me! 3nodding

If you're willing to give them up, I'd love to hear some of your favorite perfect item combos. Here are a few of my favorites:

User Image
Hay Gunner Top and Mythrill Armor (I particularly love this specific combo, the top and the shoulder pieces)

User Image
Mint Sugarplum Puff Sleeves and Mint Buttercream Rose Dress - these two were probably intended by the artist(s?) to go together, since they're both mint and the colors match so flawlessly. Still, they're two separate items from two different venues, and they look like one, so it counts ninja

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head (lame, I know), when I can remember more, I'll post them. In the meantime please please share some of yours!

Edit: Here are some of my personal favorites from this thread so far!

la tromperie
¤§¤

»Royal Tyrian Raiment and any Amethyst Milady items:

User Image

Also, the Raiment, Milady and the Queen Anne's Lace Mantle:

User Image

The Sweet Lace Bloomers layer perfectly under the Gogh Reed's Puffy Crystal Shorts to give them a frill that looks like it was meant to be there:

User Image

White Poinsettia Hairpiece and the Kottan dresses:

User Image User Image

¤§¤

chrom0

Merlins hat+Kanoko DR ( not the dress though, i think that is a terrible matchup.)
User ImageUser Image

Ratt Scabies
User Image
heart

Zora Kalina

Some of the Dandy items from the Nartian Rock fit the yellow color of the Kottan Bell, and vice-versa. 3nodding As with the Gogh Reed Crystal clothing.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

That last one I used to wear a lot before I sold my Kottan and fell in love with the Zero hair.

Caerthakatha

I remember using this combination in an avatar because I loved the how the Picolitrosso's
          Urn, Gold Mountain Shirt, and Reve Rouille went together. It looks like a pretty little dress.
          >_<
          User ImageUser Image

Oh, and the Black Skipper Coat + Genki the Lucky Cat.
          User ImageUser Image

Yilanti Midnight

IsilwenDreams
I really love how Yemaya's Gown goes with the Royal Wizard robes. I came up with that combination in Tektek and had to have it.
User Image

Wishper
User Image
Black ruffled top is actually a nice dark purple color that matches the gothic veil very well.

The wandering mind...
User Image

Is one of my favorites for some items hard to use.

memyselfiamweird
I love the Victorianna + Sweet Lace effect:
User ImageUser Image

They look like adorable sleeves <3 Had to use Gaia for this one unfortunatly, tektek has misleading layering ;3

Lovely thread! heart

Arashii Koneko

Saw someone rocking this once -

User Image
It only seems to work with that Tunic however.

Cypher The Cake Pirate
User Image
      ˳When I first saw the Demonic Armor's belt, the first thing I thought of was the Stealth pants and the Beat shoes.
      [Click the pic to see how they're supposed to look together]
      User Image

Shyts and Giggles
User Image

Valhalla's Armor with La Dragonne, tis perfect :3

[Ampharos]
User Image

Zora Kalina
Got something new I found from playing around with the kottan vest:

User ImageUser Image

(Witchling dresses + Kottan Bell (Vest))

W u l f y P w n s
User ImageNo One Will Ever Love You...

User Image
Nightmare Guardian Hooded Cape and Raptor Fire Top.
...Nearly As Much As I Do.User Image

PK Flash
dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but -- noel's gift jacket + ballad of orpheus suit = PURE SEX♥♥

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i saved my avi using them before my gift evolved~
Biancamella & Enchanted Book.
/thread.

3,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bucktoothed Bookworm

11,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hygienic 200
Biohazardous Cake: Care to elaborate? Both have several poses, and I wouldn't say that every pose of the Enchanted Book goes with every pose of the Biancamella.

Ellsie-Bellsie: Yes, that's a good one! For a while, I was addicted to making outfits around that combo, and then my Nightmare evolved and I kinda forgot about it sweatdrop

3,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Perinoculous
Ellsie-Bellsie: Yes, that's a good one! For a while, I was addicted to making outfits around that combo, and then my Nightmare evolved and I kinda forgot about it sweatdrop
I totally just finished making one. 8D I doubt I'm going to save up the monies for it, but oh well, I'll try.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
FFFFFFFFFF-

I knew a perfect rare one but I forgot. Garble. I'll have to spend some hours in tektek to find it.
I'm digging the frost troll ears/tail with vanilla buttercream rose combo...

Wild Bookworm

Beige Tam and Leopard Couture xd As soon as I saw the Leopard, I had to go get a Tam straight away.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

the new smoking pose and the dinosaur skeletons <3
i love them together

oh, and the memphis hair plus the pride of hera

sexyyyy

Distinct Warlord

Black Body Dye + Case of Pietro Thief Hood heart
Perinoculous
Biohazardous Cake: Care to elaborate? Both have several poses, and I wouldn't say that every pose of the Enchanted Book goes with every pose of the Biancamella.

this?

User Image

(plus the suiting angelic manner which I added, because posting avatars without eyes is creeeeepy to me!)

Also... It's amazing how eyeburningly bright items are when you switch from an old CRT to an LCD monitor... :/ All my matching actually sucks... I never knew why people were picking on the 'different' colours...

Wild Bookworm

The Enchanted Book Underskirt and the Kottan Elegant Dress make a lovely new gown.

Dainty Doll

These:

User Image

User Image

User Image

If I remember correctly, they all came out shortly after Biancamella finished evolving, and lots of people asked for more items that were in that shade of pink.
Black Beast set with Bad Moon.

If you really look, the tails are almost identical in design, and the Black Beast Feet would've been PERFECT for Bad Moons tiny-foot-paw problem.

Pair the black items in Bad Moon with Feet of the Black Beast.
Perfect fit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces