CG Painted 0.43915343915344 43.9% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 189 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 454 455 456 > >> >>> »|

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I NOW OWE TWO STORIES to my two very generous donors!

FOR MY FIRST TRICK, please enjoy this charming adventure of Michael and Duriel and microwaves, as requested.

IT IS UM MORE THAN THREE PARAGRAPHS, OOPS.

=========

"Radiation," the physician answered, and this occupation seemed appropriate for him all other things aside, because since Michael had known him, he had always spoken in a way that was best described as 'clinical.'

Michael, whose appropriate occupation was, it seemed, Unemployed, leaned down to peer at the small machine very dubiously. "Because of that light in there?" he guessed, watching the way the thing worked once the 'Start' button was pressed. "It doesn't look all that bright." He had serious doubts that this or any microwave really was capable of flash-cooking food within sixty seconds, particularly from a tiny lightbulb -- and rather expected the whole contraption to explode or melt just from the effort of it. Bravely, the old war hero laid his hand alongside it: the box felt cool to the touch.

Duriel apparently had no comment for why Michael was feeling up a microwave oven. "No," he corrected, because he had made similar corrections about toasters and washing machines and had actually preemptively given a lesson on electric can openers just to belay a possible trip to the emergency room (which would have been difficult to explain) or having to do the stitches himself when Michael inevitably uncanned his own thumb. "It is heated by radiation which is invisible."

"Then what's the light for?" Michael wanted to know, apparently not ready to abandon his idea just yet.

There was another pause in which Duriel might have commented lights were for the same things they had always been for since the beginning of time, but which was eventually bridged with, "So that you can see inside the oven."

A solemn nod. Michael took this lesson and stared with sudden, great interest on the events unfolding inside the microwave, which just made Michael himself sort of interesting to watch. After about thirty seconds of this, he finally asked, "What's there to see?"

"The food," he was answered flatly. "Spinning. On its turntable."

"I see," the blonde replied, even though everyone knew that was always Duriel's line. It took Michael less time than before to ask, " . . . and people actually watch that?"

"No," Duriel told him, whereupon Michael immediately got the hint.
Jugis Amicitia 2050
[rainbow.gumdrops]
Jugis Amicitia 2050
It's an interesting theory.. Adults seem to have more bias and supported opinions than kids- just the lack of experience, or, as you say, innoncence, means the kid can look at something with a mostly clean curiosity. heart

heart
i agree. it interests me, being a [young] kid myself
heart
3nodding biggrin I can't spell today *innocence

lol, but it's a little tough to stay that way.

heart
i agree, but if you look at great philosophers or inventive thinkers, although they do not keep their "innocence", they keep their eyes open to the world.
they don`t just accept things~ they ask why.
i bet you wont believe how young i am [not telling either]

anyway... have to go pack for school tomorrow soon ;___;
heart
That is CLEARLY a work of PURE GENIUS.
I approve of their heartwarming encounter!

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
HEARTS WERE WARMED, LESSONS WERE LEARNED, EVERYONE WENT HOME HAPPY.

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
P.S. I now have over ONE PERCENT of my needed gold to get my anklies! A proud day for me and for my family, surely. heart
::claps!::
heart 3nodding Sorry, I was afk..

Aww... how young are you? blaugh I'm 16..

lol, great story! And good work on 1%! wink

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
A CHARMING SNIPPET ON A SUBJECT OF MY CHOOSING, since none was specified. Hence you are stuck with my characters. XD

"Once upon a time," Caliel said rather obviously, because this was how she told most stories, even those that were non-fiction. "There was a man named Domingo, and although Domingo was very kind and very clever and had many friends, he had never found a wife, and had always been cursed with very bad luck. One day, after attending the wedding of another of his friends, he wandered off into the woods to pray -- " She frowned, looking over to see her small cousin making a very unsafe pile of objects to stand on to reach the proverbial cookie jar set up on a countertop. " -- and to ask why he had been cursed with such terrible luck. What Domingo did not know was that this was an enchanted forest, and -- "

" ' BECAUSE YOU'RE A LOSER, THAT'S WHY,' GOD SAID. AND THEN HE LAUGHED A LOT AND POINTED. THEN A DRAGON SHOWED UP AND ATE DOMINGO THE END HAHAHAHAHAHAHA," Qemuel decided to make it a Round Robin.

"Well, no, it's -- " She sighed, lifting down the cookie jar so he didn't fall and break his neck. "That's not how the story goes, really. Don't you want to hear it how I wrote it? I've got three whole pages here." She fanned them proudly; one, two, three.

"DUH NO," he said, talking with his mouth wide enough open that he efficiently used this opportunity to stuff a peanut butter cookie into it. Once he had choked on the cookie and she had patted him a few times on the back to dislodge it, then he allowed her to read him the entire rest of her story -- even restarting from the beginning -- but afterwards he still told her it was crap, as stories went.
sweatdrop Oops! I forgot to specify.. but I like this snippet all the same. *hugs Shaz* heart Typical cousin. 4laugh ninja

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
::yawns:: Work work work o/~ heart
Shazari
::yawns:: Work work work o/~ heart
*sighs* Yesh.. work work work..

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100