Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

Find Your Voice
A forum speechbubble shop

Hello, and welcome to my artshop! This is a place where you can get customized speechbubbles to spiff up your posts. Take a look around, and I hope you like what you see!

News
7/5/2011: Otakon is less than a month away (7/29-7/31) and I am so not prepared for Artists' Alley! I'll still accept orders, but please be aware that they're going to be lower priority for me and I might not finish them very quickly. I'll probably go on hiatus about two weeks before the con, just so you know. Never fear, I'll be back afterward!

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image
What's for sale

Waistup speechbubbles - 100k
This shop's standard fare. You pick the avatar and the mood you want, and I draw it! This page is full of examples, and you can also take a look at the finished orders in the fourth post if you'd like to see more.

Original characters are welcome! However, I do not draw couples.

Custom end quotes - 15k
I'm willing to draw something small on the ending quote bracket for that extra personal touch! Note that I may make the resulting end quote available to all shop customers.

Want your flob animated? Add a blink or something else that's very simple for 15k extra. For anything more involved, make an offer! ;] Please discuss with me before ordering. I'm burnt out on animations right now. Maybe later.

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image
How to order
Ordering a bubble is simple - make sure there's an open spot on the waitlist, and then fill out the form. Post it in the thread - no PMs, please! Go ahead and start the trade immediately. Of course, I won't complete my end of the trade until I finish your bubble.

Do please note that this shop is first-come, first-served.... and that I accept the first order posted after a slot has been opened. I'm sorry, but I hate keeping a huge waitlist.

Here's the order form. Quick and simple - don't forget to fill it out!
[b]Username: [/b] This should be obvious.
[b]Ref: [/b] Picture ref goes here. Don't just write 'current avatar' - I want to see a picture!
[b]Eye color: [/b] Sometimes this can be really hard for me to figure out. xD
[b]Mood: [/b] What kind of mood would you like your bubble to express?
[b]Custom end quote: [/b] Describe, or just say 'none' if you don't want one. Keep it simple!

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

Setting up your bubble

Forum speechbubbles work through clever use of the imgleft and imgright tags. I think they're pretty easy to figure out, but for anyone who gets confused, here's what you do.

In order to get the main image to display to the left of the text, you're going to use the imgleft tag at the start of your post. And in order to get the end bracket to display to the right of the text, you're going to use the imgright tag, also at the start of your post. Imgleft and imgright both have buttons up above the post box. You can also include those two words in brackets. It works the same as the image tag, syntax-wise. Here's some example code that you can use as a template. Remember that you can change the font style however you like!

[imgleft]Left image's URL[/imgleft][imgright]Right image's URL[/imgright]

[center] Text goes here. [/center]

User ImageUser Image

Text formatting

It gets pretty annoying to keep copying and pasting your speechbubble code for every post, doesn't it? Well, if you're using Firefox, you may want to check out Tektek's Gaian toolbar. It takes up an annoying amount of browser space, but you can hide it and still use the text formatting part! Totally useful - I definitely recommend checking it out.

I don't think there's anything similar for IE. Sorry, but hey, why are you using IE in the first place? ;D

User ImageUser Image

Centering text

One thing that I've noticed is that people sometimes have trouble getting their text centered in a speechbubble, without having the text drop to below the bubble. I don't know why this happens, but I do know how to fix it.

Okay, so Gaia has two different kinds of tags for centering text. One is the [ align=center ] and [ /align ] tag set, and the other is the [ center ] and [ /center ] tag set (only, you know, without the spaces - take 'em out when actually using as code). Unfortunately, the first set is what you get when you use the formatting options that show up above the posting box. This will look fine in Firefox, but it will put the text below the bubble in Internet Explorer. The second set of tags, however, will put the text up in the right place in both browsers. So! The moral of the story is to use [ center ] instead of [ align=center ]. ^_^

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Bonus - end quotes!

I've been making a few end-quotes on the side, and I figured it'd be nice to offer these up to my customers to use as they please. If you've ordered a waistup bubble from here, you're welcome to use any of these as your quote's end bracket. Just right-click and save the ones you want. Since all bubbles are the same height, you should be able to mix and match with no problems. :3

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Links in

If you'd like to affiliate, just shoot me a PM with your code. Don't forget to link me back in your own thread!

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/38o35n][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/flykyrskysong/fyv.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Links out

Visit these threads. They're cool. :3

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

Rindi's wishlist

Pale Marionette
Mod Geisha
Her Raiding Majesty
Celestial Array
Fafnir the Dragon

Up-to-date wishlist is kept on my profile

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
ON HOLD.
Dyoung Smoke
Username: Dyoung Smoke
Ref: User Image
User Image

I would like the outfit of the 1st picture but the second one is a closeup of his face.... his skin is grey his hair is black. He is a smoke shifter so can you make him breathe some smoke out of his mouth even tho he isnt smoking a cigg for the animation??
Eye color: its grey in the pic but could you make his eyes like a wild animal yellow? im thinking like a birds, like a crow to be more exact.
Mood: Blank dull like a lifeless doll, i dont want to see any emotion except for solid stare.
Custom end quote:

Custom end quote i would like what i discussed ages ago.... i dont expect this to be done as quick as others. Could you make my pet as if i was 2nd order? facing left and looking at the guy above...possibly animate his tentacles moving every now and then....
User Image

HE dosnt have to be as detailed as in the pic, if you know what cthullu looks like he is like a miniature one of him....

For this sort of job how much would you say... is 300k enough?

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

All right, let's get this show on the road!
Posting here is fine, but I won't be taking orders for a couple weeks yet. Still got homework, projects, and vacations to get out of the way first. ;3
User ImageUser Image

*pops in*
I claim this first post in the name of Ace. >w<
*puts up a flag of the ace of clubs card* 8D

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

Hehe, hello, and welcome! What do you think of the place? :3
User ImageUser Image

It's awesome. 8D And you used my bubble! I feel so loved. And I love what she's saying. -w- Heehee.

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

Well, of course. Your bubble is one of my favorites. >w<

Actually, there are a lot of bubbles that I like a lot. There are a few that definitely aren't my best work, but... yeah. I like most of 'em. 3nodding
Dang! Second.... other person to come by~~ xd heart This thread looks great! 3nodding whee
yay you used my bubble too! mrgreen biggrin biggrin I hope you have fun in HAWAII biggrin biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff