Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you mind that I am extending the contest a month?

poll whore 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 5 ]
yes 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 3 ]
no 0.61904761904762 61.9% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
This poll closed on January 8, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 102 103 104 > >> >>> »|

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
OVER

User Image

Welcome all!
This is a OC art contest thread where the grand prize is 100k and 1000 gaia CASH.
Yes that's right...grand spanking new 100,000 gaian golds! It will last approximately 3 months from
the start date(October 1, 2009), subject to change.
Sadly I will be able to give only one grand prize, not one per character.

It is open to all levels of artists- beginners, experts, those in between. Sadly, to enter
you must first read this whooooollle thread. Yes I realize I am asking a lot of you, and apologize, but
different contests have different rules.

Mini prizes will be given to people throughout the contest. I request that you vote thumbs up or thumbs down if you see my thread.
The thumbs are located in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Announcements

I AM SUPER BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND WON'T BE AROUND THE THREAD SO MUCH! I WILL STILL CHECK IT OUT DAILY!

I edited the first page, adding a description of her in between form, and a "there is only one grand prize, not one per character' note.

Thread Map
User ImageDescriptions
User ImageMini Contests
User ImageThe Rules
User ImageEntrees
User ImageFreebies
User ImageAffiliates

Remember! You can win first, second, or third place. The prizes for these vary. See The rules For more detail.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
User Image

In this section I will describe the characters I want drawn. For the guidelines of what you can and cannot draw, please See "The Rules".

MAKE SURE YOU READ THAT SECTION. You cannot enter the contest without having reviewed The Rules.

Main Contest

You have two choices.
Character 1
Quote:

name: Her real name is Sanctuary, but as knowing a dragons real name gives you power over them she goes by Reyne.

Race: She was born part Silver dragon (found near the ocean or non volcanic mountains) part human but was turned some years back and is now part vampire part dragon.

Age: She appears anywhere from between 16 and 22. She is actually 291 years old.

Body shape: CURVY! She definitely has hips and breasts, toned. She also has a rather deep curved back/sway back (think of any female celebrity. that kind of back). She is not amazonian though.

height: 5 feet 4 inches.

skin color
: regular white person skin color? I'm not picky about this. If you want to use a strange skin color I'd appreciate it if you run it by me first, but i'll be likely to say yes.

Eye color: her pupils are somewhat ovular (artist can change this detail) (is ovular a word?). Her eyes are like a cat's... they change from blue to red in certain lighting, sometimes with shades of purple in between.

Hair: Though she favors either having it down or keeping it in a low pony, she will dress up occasionally if she has to visit someone of importance. It's a dark blue color and ends just above where her... well... a** starts to rise. It's straight but has a little bit of a wave to it and the very end of her hair is slightly curly. When she was a child she always kept it shoulder length, so even though it is a liability in a fight she refuses to cut it now.

Outfit: She has two outfits. The first is a simple white shirt, airy, with black pants,shiny. An outfit that somewhat resembles what a rake or a pirate would wear. It includes brown boots that are obviously travel worn and a small brown leather bag that she wears over one shoulder (bad=optional). The boots and bag are also used in her next oufit. It is important that if you draw this outfit you don't make it slutty- it's slutty enough as >.< but it's my character and I think this kinda outfit sounds cool if... uncomfortable and cold. It is basically made up of thin red leather straps (just a couple of inches wide). They criss cross over her body, showing skin in areas that are needed for her to move. You can have it end anywhere you want. If you really want a guideline then I wouls say give her short sleeves and have it end at the top of her thighs. as for the crotch... be creative? You can put clothe there. My character isn't a sex fiend. She wears this outfit because with the press of one button in the back it can all come undone for when she wants to transform into a dragon. Both outfits are covered by a travel worn cloak.

accessories: She has a scar around her neck. Thin painful looking lines, pink against the regular color of her skin. She keeps daggers hidden on her in various places, but her main weapon is a Staff (can be undecorated or decorated). sometimes she will put a spelled choker around her neck that will hide her scent.

Forms: human/vampire, obviously. She always has fangs, in whatever form she is in, and always lusts for blood, though less so in dragon form. She also has an in between form (you can use your imagination.) and a silver dragon form. I don't want a picture of a silver dragon, thanks very much. you can draw her with only one arm transformed... or something like that.

edit: many people have asked about adding dragon parts to her. That's perfectly fine. you have a lot of artists leeway here. She can change any part of her body to a dragon and leave the rest fine, so her in between form is just one in between forms that she decided she is comfortable with. You can do basically anything... give her horns only or wings only to her vampire form.... but if you really want a guideline I shall include it below. Just do not forget that she is vampire and lusts for blood, please!
Quote:

Her wings sprout from her back, coming over her head. They are big enough that they can lift her in this form, though she can't fly long distances. (optional: her face structure resembles more that of a cat's). She has a spattering of silver scales along her body, they shine and look like glitter or a decoration, and are essentially useless. Her hands are more clawlike, but this is optional and really only happens if she is fighting. She can control (to an extent) how much of her body changes. She has four horns on her head. two longer ones in the back, with two smaller stubs in front. In dragon from they are pointed, but can be stubby and shorter in this form, if you want. Her ears basically disappear in her head, like with most reptiles. She get's a bit taller. She has a tail. It doesn't have those traingle things on it, but the tip does have three sharp points.

ugh that sounds ugly, doesn't it? >.< and hard to do.

Magic colors: If you want to draw her with magic Please consider that (if you want to give it a color) her dragon magic is blue and her vampire magic is red (no cliche here!), and sometimes they combine to make a purple. she works with water and air, but blood is blocked from her.

BRIEF HISTORY: she got the scars on her neck because some hunters found her when she was a child, placed a wire choker around her neck. this choker was spelled and caused forced her to rampage through her village. It was not on long enough for her skin to start trying to grow around it, but was too tight and caused her skin to chaff and bleed. She now searches for an organization who she can pledge herself too, and loose herself in the mindless tasks.
personality: serious a lot. Many people consider her evil. It bothers her, but she has more fun being evil than she has sadness over being judged thus. She has poor control over her 'bloodlust' and likes to feed often. The first person she fed off of was a little girl and she killed her. This bothered her for years until she decided she was being whiney and had to get over it. She's never quiet decided if she wants to join the good fight or throw morals to the wind and give into her baser instincts. In the meantime she straddles the line. edit: She enjoys playing around and being mischeviously arrogant when trying to get prey in her vampire form (sucking people's blood) or playing around/fighting.

Character 2:
Quote:
name: Yuri

height: 5 feet two inches

race: She has Seelie Sidhe blood in her (meaning the fey. usually Seelie are consider the 'good fey'. though a smart man knows to avoid them whether or not they are Seelie or Unseelie). She is a bat-girl. like neko girls but with bat characteristics instead. more accurately a albino bat. NOT FURRY! I like the human bone structure and think hairy people are gross (sorry hairy people!).

Looks: she has VERY white skin. not translucent... just white. she is not furred... well no more than any other human, but her strange pigmentation is one of the things that mark her as 'other'. She has ears that point up from her head. You can use artists discretion with her ears, but I would like them to appear bat like if possible. From her arms there is a rubbery fall of skin. These are her wings. They usually look like curtains falling down or a cloak.
Her eyes are yellow and she her k-9's are more pointed than the average persons- though she does not need to drink blood, and probably couldn't pierce someone with them. edit: someone just asked me if her wings were part of her arms or sprouting from her back. They are part of her arms but if you already drew them sprouting from her back do not worry, this was my mistake.

Hair:She has white hair, but changes the style often. Or she will just hop out of bed without brushing it. It can be long or short or even a pixie cut. =3

Clothes: She changes these often. You can choose. though there are days that she just wears a big tshirt with shorts underneath so that it looks like she is running around with no pants on. Not for slutty reasons... she just has a penchant for btshirts. She will go barefoot or have sandals on. No other shoes will touch her feet, even though she likes to steal other people's boots.

body type: slight. she's thin. don't draw her with huge boobs or she will look like she is going to tip over.

accessories: is often seen carrying around packets of marshmallows, even though she doesn't like sugary things. If she wants you to know she was in a room she will stick twigs in the marshmallows in an attempt to make a 'mini me' and leave it on a dresser, porch, ect.

personality/other: This girl doesn't understand the concept of good or evil. She just is. If something interests her she will work behind the scenes and influence the situation. She almost always acts childish, or animalistic. The one exception to this is when she taunts someone, but that someone will know better than to ever talk about the horrible side of her he saw. Because of her lack of seriousness many people dismiss her or judge themselves better than her. She ignores this- life is for having fun... what moron acts serious? And what moron would take her at face value? She is very acrobatic and will climb into places where she probably shouldn't. She has no home and will take up temporary residents wherever she can manage to sneak into. She has a strange penchant for biting people.
weapons: her fingers, voice, mind. she can destroy a person while smiling and asking if they want a marshmallow. Or help raise a person to king hood and the next second have that person kick them out of her house for stealing the chicken dinner.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Bring in 5 Other Artists!
User ImageIf you get five of your friends to enter the contest I will give you 5,000-20,000 gaian golds.
User ImageIt must be evident that they spent more than 7 minutes on the picture, meaning you cannot go round up random people from art freebie with no scanner and no experience.
User ImageYou can play this contest as many times as you want.

20 hello's

User ImageSimply get 20 people to visit here and say your username sent them, and you will get 5k. They do not have to stay and chat, just show up.
User Image Along with listing your username they must list the number they are. So the first person says 'hi! uh i dunno what i am doing here but t3hgaiauser told me to come here. i'm first!' and your second person says 'bump. t3hgaiauser sent me. #2" and so on and so on. Don't freak out if someone writes the wrong number =3 i'll understand.
User Image I would prefer artists, but anyone is acceptable. That's why the prize is so low.
User ImageI must have talked to you at least three days in a row in order for you to qualify. This is to prevent all the newbies of gaia from ganging up on my thread and taking my money
User Image DO NOT go into other contest threads and spam my link. That is rude and can get you reported. DO NOT post my contest in threads that say 'no advertizing' on the first page.
User Image People from your "Bring in 5 artists" contest can be used for this contest too.
User Image This should actually be relatively easy. Good luck!

Person of the month!
User ImageThis goes to a person I feel has been doing their best to keep things cheery and runny around here! Things like turning in their art (or arts), talking, advertizing in their shop or signature... and just being a nice person goes a long way to becoming Person of the month.
User ImageThe first person of the month will get 500 gaia CASH to do with as they please. This means they will get to either buy an item they really wanted... or possibly save the money. 500 gaia cash can be used to get (if a person has patience, which i do not) probably 300,000 gaian gold. If they get lucky during a RIG that number could be in the millions, even.

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
User Image

User Image
FULL THREAD RULESUser Image
User ImageBe aware that if you call someone a no0b, child, baby, idiot, 12 year old; that you will likely be viewed as one of these things. I've never known an adult that got up in a board meeting and said "omfg you no0b what are you 12? gtfo lol ." If you get annoying enough I will put you on my ignore list, effectively blacklisting you.
User ImageDo NOT report someone for spam or abuse in my thread. I will put them on my ignore list, and if they bother you they can put you on their ignore list. Unless someone is spamming you crosses or swastikas or.... pictures of the flying spaghetti monster... i seriously doubt that they intend to get reported. People are ALLOWED to be jerks. Unless you can quote me the part of the TOS or stickies that they are breaking.... if i find out you reported someone just because they disagree with you i will
1. pull you out of my contest
2. put YOU on my ignore list.
User ImageNo posting links to my thread in other contest threads unless you have permission from the Original Poster.
User ImageNo putting down other people's work.
User ImageNo yelling at someone for critiquing your work. critiquing comes with criticism. They have the same prefix. If you do not want to be critiqued then tell me and I will make a special note :3
User ImageSay "moshaba I read the rules" in your first post in order to be accepted as an entree.
User ImageRead the stickies for the Art Contest forum. You should do this for every forum you enter.

User ImageMain Contest Guidelines
User ImageYou may enter the contest as many times as you like. You may choose from one of the two characters, or even draw them together.
User ImageI accept ALL styles. BUT if you draw it in black and white I will expect it to be because it was the style.
User ImageI will not accept pictures taken with your camera phone, or house camera.
User ImageI prefer Backgrounds, but will accept pictures without backgrounds
User ImageI will of course expect to get chibi art, and probably love them, but I have a preference for other styles. This does not mean a chibi picture has any less of a chance of winning than any other picture
User ImageI will choose the winner by taking into consideration effort, quality, and just how much I like it. If my contestants request it I will also set up a voting area.
User ImageIf you want to change something drastically about a character MESSAGE ME FIRST.
User ImageCheck the front page often for updates.
User ImageIf you enter a bunch of art that you only spent five minutes on you will be disqualified.
User ImageI reserve the right to change the date that the contest will end.

CURRENT PRIZES!!!!!! 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh
User ImageI may add to the prize cache... but no matter what the main winner will always get AT LEAST 100,000 gaian golds and 1,000 gaia cash.
User Image Currently the runner up will get 60k and one key for a treasure chest.
User Image Third place will get 40k and one key for a treasure chest.
User Image There is only one grand prize, not one per character.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

tracking- huggies. 8 people sent total. 3 are artists. so far none have looked at the thread. i think. if i am wrong tell me >.<
kiyo sent 1 =3

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Our banner! User Image Created by our very own Moonlight_Phoenix.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/the-mojo-palace-gaia-cash-and-pure-c-l-i-c-k-h-e-r-e/t.53218909_1/][img]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af145/1S1Np/ban.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff