First Runner Up: mayamei
Second RUnner up: [malee]
Best CG: Miri-Love
Best Trad: tallis
Best OC: [ color=emo ]
Best Avatar: Flucas
Best Collab: Plumchan+suki
Best CG Runner Up: Meltoi
Best Trad Runner Up: t0shi0 (the one with ice)
Best Collab Runner Up: Adri + Kyou
Best Chibi: AkaNinjaa (2)
Best Chibi Runner up: Cinnai-chan & xlightwingx collab
Best Chibi Army: scream aim fire (unnumbered and 4), Zantedeschie,, color=emo
Most Unique Style: TerrorEffect
Best Detail: Star I Rush
Best Expression: FireInsider
Best Pose: Enigmatic Phantasm
Best Expression Runner Up: Meowmeowkitty7
Best Pose Runner Up: Kitty Meridian 6
Best Penguin: Cinnamon Pink
Best Puppy: tallis3
Best Penguin Runner Up: Asura Essences 3
Best Puppy Runner Up: Kana Kyoto
Best Scene/Background: theannacracker (2)

Honorable Mentions:
Amulet Ruby
Beejoux
boh yu
Vir
Blackberryprinz
Rinny Lee
blakely
Sira-Black
Nejdii
`Shiko

Guest Judge prizes:
`cash - ktzero3
KY Apple virgil-one
Amulet Ruby - pxxn

Efforts;
1 Roolph
3 Shine8
5 iAlacrity
6 muffie-boo
7 gray -- skiies
8 whind
9 thermoplastik
10 zephyryuki
12 Coffee Frappuccino
13 Diamond Destiny
14 J.c.b
15 Fenrir Frosthowl
16 Monsieur de La Nuit
17 Cirue
18 Hello Christie v2
19 Kuyusi
20 Mesmee
21 Nathaniel Mea
22 Ruste
23 Ruiski
24 [.]Buttsecks Pie[.]
luzhikari
kaikuro
gothicookie - also sent feb08 for early bird
art d-aimer
Yuejunn
18cm
Alexis Rider
Applesauce Massacre
Babylou Tattoo

THEMES:

Adventures - Quota not met, will award second and third place
2: Flocksy -
3: Kitty Meridian

Naughty - Quota not met, will award second and third place
2: Kyousouka -
3: Beejoux - ********

Cute - Quota not technically met, but close enough
1: Teh Meow - and Kitty Meridian
2: [.]Buttsecks Pie[.] - *******
3: Scream Aim Fire -

- Sweets - Quota not technically met, but close enough
1st: Kyou
2nd: yongi-ru
3rd: GRAY - - s k ii e s *****

- Seasons - Quota met
1st: Fuam -
2nd: sootling
3rd: Liquox

- Night - Quota not met, will award second and third place
2nd: Tallis
3rd: TheCookieMunster

Holidays
Halloween - meowmeowkitty

....If you want to read through the ceremony, please go to page 928.

If you won something, please send me a clearly labeled trade (ex: Dtail - Overall Grand Prize) and be patient with me. emo I have a lot of trades to do. rofl

CHECK YOUR ENTRIES

Please check that your entries are present here under the 'all' gallery and any galleries (themes or holidays) that you indicated your entry was for.

Please let me know if something is missing. Repost your form in the thread.

EXTENDED TO MON, JAN 4

Yeah, a small extension. Just cuz family is visiting and I'm not going to be on as much until Jan 3ish so I won't be saving entries/judging until at least Jan 4 anyway. Hopefully no one minds, and people have fun with the extra time. :'D

To clarify: This contest ends at 11:59 PST, January 4th. I live in California, that's local time. Google it up if you can't figure out what time this is in you local timezone~

EARLY BIRD PRIZES (over) + EXTENSION

Two things --

First, this contest is extended until January 1, 2010.
Why? Lots of people have expressed that they would like to be able to work on their submissions over Christmas break/after finals. Thus, I've extended. Is this final? Close, but not 100%. Things may slide a teensy bit depending on my holiday plans. (If I'm going to be out of the country or something for Jan 1, then I'll move it to whenever I'm back. I currently don't have plans though.)

Second, entries submitted for the original deadline (Dec 1) are eligible for EXTRA PRIZES. Yes. Enter soon. It's good for you. ;D
What are these extra prizes? I'm going to have three friends pick out a piece each to win 100k. They can use whatever criteria they want -- best, funniest, weirdest, cutest, etc. Beyond that, I'm going to generate ten random numbers between 1 and the number of entries at the time. The entries at those numbers (in terms of submission order/order Gray picked them up) will receive a 2008 letter.

So, to summarize -- there will be 13 early bird prizes, so get your entries in. ;D

Fineprint: Only one early bird prize per person. You will get the largest prize you qualify for. Random number generation and such will happen in this thread.

HALLOWEEN MINI COMP -- OVER

WINNERS

winners of 50k:
1. Copic-Kun *
2. ProdigyBombay *
3. TheCookieMunstar
4. Gray Skiies
5. YukiDream13

winners of 20k:
1. Vilhemenia
2 & 3. meowmeowkitty meowmeowkitty 2 *
4. fuji_fox *
5. Abbyss *

If your name is above, please send me a trade of 1g, and i'll send over your prize~
(I think i've got some usernames misspelled)

start date: oct 6
end date: oct 30 extended -- nov 1, 11:59pm
winners posted: oct 31 moved -- winners will be posted by wed

Continuing the tradition here's a 50k for stickfigures thread...

Draw me stick figures, make a note in the submission form and have a chance to win 50k! 8D
Stick figures will count as contest entries, so they can win for this minicomp & for the actual competition. Anything more complicated than a stick figure will be considered a regular entry.

You may add colors, backgrounds etc to your stick figures. You may enter more than once. More FAQs.

prizes: at least five people will win 50k & 5 will win 20k

If you have questions, please ask in the thread. Do not PM any questions or entries.

*Here are the entries from the last comp, they should give you a good idea of what "counts" as a stickfigure. (In case you're wondering)

MUSIC MUSIC

Another random thing -- Ori would like new music. Details on the second page of this thread (post #2).
This isn't a competition, but there may be prizes awarded. :]

User Image
i've finally decided to quit gaia. quit as in going after items and art
time to move into other things! aka, lots of baking. :'D

i'll still be around to keep in touch... but for as long as i have stuff to spend, i won't stop
so this contest will be to get rid of it all. yes. all.

START DATE: September 1
END DATE: December 1 -- 3 months!* By popular demand, January 1, 2010

*Contest may be extended due to a lack of entries. I don't really know how long to run this for, so if I get feedback that 3 months is too short, I may extend.

Another note: I currently have 80 prizes set aside... The end date is going to be partially contingent on how many entries I get. If, by my end date, I'm only at lets say, 160 entries, I'm going to extend. Having a 1:2 prize to entry ratio doesn't feel fair to me. So tell your friends and help me advertise. ;D

NEWS: I've added a collab list under the post "misc." If you'd like to collab with someone on a piece (to be eligible for the collab prize) hopefully it'll help you find a buddy!
User Image
- don't beg
- don't be annoying
- follow the tos
- don't link me to your auctions
- post all questions in the thread, don't pm them
- post all entries in the thread, don't pm them
- avoid pming me... i'd rather talk in the thread and tend to forget to respond to pms

rules/guidelines for entries: (PLEASE READ THESE)
- i strongly prefer to receive high resolution pieces if possible (note below)
- all traditional/non cg pieces must be scanned -- badly taken photos of art just aren't my thing, sorry (but hey, if i can't tell you used a camera, go ahead and use it!)
- no art theft! submit only art you drew for me for this contest
- you may not submit things i have previously commissioned or that you have previously entered to one of my competitions
- i will never tell you your art sucks, but if you tell me YOU think it sucks, why should I like it?
- you may enter multiple pieces of art! in fact, please do. however, you can only win one prize per entry. (but if you enter multiple pieces, they can each win a prize ;D)
- you may ask for feedback on WIPs (I'd rather not give feedback on submitted pieces) however -- please have specific questions. I won't say "oh i hate it" or "oh youre gonna win fo sho" but if you have a question about an outfit or a pose or an expression or something fairly specific, i'm glad to help.

note on resolution: i want to one day print out the art i've recieved, and the higher the resolution, the better it'll print. if you draw small, it's fine. if you think it looks better (if you color messy or something) small, please send me both -- i promise to judge the size you like more. i love original files (png, jpg, psd, oci) but if you'd just "rather not" -- I'll live. :'D
User Image
Height: short
Build: slim, pretty flat chested
Skin: fair, in summer outfits she may have a tan
Eyes: green with long lashes
Hair: straight black hair, midback -- generally parted on one side & clipped, sometimes in low pigtails
Expressions: Mostly cheerful or happy go lucky, occasionally playfully flirty or pouty or mildly irritated/confused, but never, ever sexy, angry or depressed.
Personality: She's a happy go lucky girl, who tends to hang out with a group of friends a couple years older than her, so she's always been treated like the younger sister and little kid of the group. She's often childish and sometimes whiny, since she knows she'll eventually get what she wants. Outside of her group of friends, she tends to be friendly, but quiet. She'll smile at strangers, but won't strike up a conversation.

Accessories: She wears a small silver cross on a thin black ribbon all the time (The cross may be under her shirt though, though the ribbon will probably show against her collar area) and optionally, has a cross done in henna on her left palm.
Clothing: Bright colors all around & lots of layers! (And not always in a matching way) I've got no set outfits in mind, but if its something wintery, she's probably wearing a shirt + sweater + scarf + gloves + skirt + leggings + shoes, and if it's something summery, colored hair clips + a summer dress (with brightly colored bra non-color coordinated bra straps showing) or a colorful tshirt and a skirt.

Random stuff: She has a large (about knee height) stuffed penguin that she likes to carry around, it's got a pouch in the back of its head, so she puts stuff in there. She uses no make up, but sometimes paints her nails bright colors (pink, red, orange...). Generally all her nails are the same color -- just a bright color (not necessarily each nail being different.)
Also, one of her friends has a small fluffy white dog she likes to play with -- doggy! (more doggy details in the last post on this page)

REFS:
clothing/accessory notes - these aren't mandatory, just things ori sometimes wears
sample outfits - by no means definitive, but to give you an idea of her "sense of style" XD

SAMPLES;
all the oc art i have to date is here
but in particular, winners from my last art comp are here
also, if you scroll down to the third to the last post, i've posted some of the art i've previously recieved with comments, if you're looking for guidance and such...
User Image
If you prefer avatar art to OC art, here are the outfits I'm particularly looking for art of:
XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Keep in mind that for the avatar art, the limitations described for my OC (age/moods etc) don't apply. So feel free to run the gamut of emotions from happy to angry to sexy. Also, generally, I like art of my avatar older (late teens, early 20s).
* More avatars might be added, no promises though.
** If you want to draw an outfit you've seen me wearing but isn't posted above -- feel free. However, keep in mind that I change outfits fairly often, so saving it for your reference is probably a good idea. :'D
*** In case anyone cares, I've marked the avatars with the most submissions for them with Xs before them. Feel free to draw them anyway, but I thought I'd mention it, if anyones interested.
User Image
Note: All EIs listed below are first gen unless otherwise indicated.
Another Note: I may fiddle with the prizes a bit, but the gold values will remain the same. (Based on the gold values indicated below. Bigger prizes, 1mil and up, are unlikely to change.)

Grand Prize:
This prize will go to the overall best submission (oc or avi),
judged on quality, accuracy and creativity

Devil Tail (29 million gold)
User Image
1st Runner Up:
This prize will go to the second overall best submission (oc or avi),

Angelic Sash (22.7 million gold)
User Image
2nd Runner Up
This prize will go to the third overall best submission (oc or avi),

Angelic Scarf (8.8 million gold)
User Image
-----------Best CG--------------(o)+(k)----------Best Traditional
These prizes will go to the best cg and traditional submissions respectively.
Both OC and Avi art qualify. This prize will focus on technical quality, but also considers accuracy and creativity

Horns of the Demon (3.6mil) + 400k pure------------Horns of the Demon (3.6mil) + 400k pure
User Image----------------------------------------------User Image
-----------Best CG Runner Up------(fromafk)-------Best Traditional Runner Up
These prizes will go to the second best cg and traditional submissions respectively.
Both OC and Avi art qualify. This prize will focus on technical quality, but also considers accuracy and creativity

1 million gold--------------------------------1 million gold
Best Collab:
This prize will go to the best collaborative piece of art. At least two artists must have contributed to qualify.
(At least 20 pieces of collaborative art must be submitted for the prize to be awarded)

Angelic Pendant (3.8mil)
User Image
Best Collab 1st Runner Up:
This prize will go to the second best collaborative piece of art. At least two artists must have contributed to qualify. (all o)
(At least 15 pieces of collaborative art must be submitted for the prize to be awarded)

Yama No Tamago (270k) + Fallen Wish (550k)+ Inari's Beads (570k)
User Image User Image User Image
Best Collab 2nd Runner Up:
This prize will go to the third best collaborative piece of art. At least two artists must have contributed to qualify. (k, s)
(At least 5 pieces of collaborative art must be submitted for the prize to be awarded)

Inari's Beads (570k)+ Enchanted Book (230k)
User Image User Image
Best Avatar Art--------------(o)+(k)----------Best OC Art-------
These prizes will go to the best Avatar art and OC art, respectively.
For the Best OC Art prize, there will be a large emphasis on accuracy.

Fuzzy Penguin Slippers (1.9mil)------------Baby Seal Slippers (1.7mil)
User Image-----------------------(from afk sale)-------User Image
Best Chibi
This prize will go to the most awesome chibi, judging will focus on quality and creativity. Chibis may be of avatars or of my OC.
Chibis do not have to be 'anime' styled or fullbodied -- though both are fine (and the latter is encouraged)
(At least 30 chibis must be submitted for this prize to be awarded)

(o)Inari's Beads 6th Gen (570k) + Picolitrosso's Urn (600k)(o)
User Image User Image
Best Chibi Runner Up
(At least 20 chibis must be submitted for this prize to be awarded)
(o)Alruna's Rose (310k) + Cloud (270k)(o)
User Image User Image
Chibi Army
At least four of this prize will be awarded. Chibis will be chosen based on the same criteria
as the previous two chibi categories.

Fluff Box (180k)
User Image
Most Unique Style
This prize will go to the submission that employs the most unique and interesting style.
Both OC and avatar art qualify. Overall quality, creativity and accuracy will also be considered.

Ramune (270k) + OMFG (418k) + Fremere's Guard (360k)(o)
User Image User Image User Image
Best Expression----------------------------Best Pose
These prizes will go to the submissions with the best expression and pose respectively.
Both OC and Avi art qualify. Judging for this prize will focus on creativity.

Alruna's Rose (310k) + Nitemare HB (160k)---(k,o-o,k)--Coco Plushie (520k)
User Image User Image----------------------------------------User Image ----
Best Expression Runner Up--------------------Best Pose Runner Up
Bag of Win (190k)--------------------------------Bag of Win (190k)
User Image---------------(both from a)----------------------User Image
Best Penguin--------------------------------------------Best Puppy
Cloud (260k) + 100k--------------------------------Cloud (260k) + 100k
User Image---------------------(k, o)----------------------User Image
Best Penguin Runner Up--------------------Best Puppy Runner Up
LolCat Halo (190k)--------------------------------Lolcat Halo (190k)
User Image--------------------(o, o)----------------------User Image
Best Detail
This prize will go to the entry with the most detail -- with focus on technical quality
and aesthetics. Both OC and avatar art qualify for this prize.

Hermes Moon (420k)o
User Image
Best Scene/Background
This prize will focus on the entry with the best background -- that may be the most
interesting or the best drawn or maybe that with the best composition. Depends on what
kinds of entries I get!
(o)
Bear Pajamas(190k) + Elegant Veil(210k)
User Image User Image

Guest Judge's Choice
These will be given out to a winner chosen by the guest judges. This prize may be won by an entry with another prize,
though I'm going to try to convince them to give it to someone who hasn't won another prize
yet. The criteria for this prize is up to the judge. 2-3 of these will be awarded.

Animal Quackers (x9) Bundle
User Image

Honorable Mentions
These prizes will be awarded to entries that I think deserve a prize, but didn't
fit into any of the categories described above. At least 10 of this prize will be awarded.

100k gold
Effort
These prizes will be awarded to entries that did not fit into the categories above
but clearly displayed effort and time in their creation. At least 20 of this prize will be awarded.

July 2008 Letter(23k) + Kitty Slippers(7k)
User Image User Image

---------------------------------------
Holiday Themed Art -- It's up to you to interpret the "spirit" of which ever holiday! These can be either for avi or OC art. Please note that you're entering holiday art if you are. :] There must be at least 20 entries for each holiday before the prize will be awarded.
Best Halloween Art - Zombie G CORP Tshirt + Trick or Treat Tote 2nd Gen. (o)
Best Christmas Art - Carol of Ol' Nick 3rd gen. + Carol of Ol' Ebenezer 3rd gen. (o)
Best Valentines Art - Diapered Egg + The Lusty Scoundrel (o)
Best Birthday Art - Sundae Sweets + Mythrill Halo (o)
User Image
OC Themes
These don't have to be "pictures" of Ori doing whatever... But the image must fit the theme somehow. For "Pizza Ori" (sample theme, not an actual contest theme) Ori could be eating pizza, riding pizza like a magic carpet, be shaped like pizza, be a pizza delivery girl, wear a shirt with pizza on it, be feeding pizza to her penguin, be dreaming of pizza... You get the idea.

If you would like to qualify for a theme, please indicate so on the form (max two themes per entry). Each theme's prizes will only be awarded if at least 20 pieces have been entered for that theme.

First place for all themes - June 2007 (190k) + December 2006 (115k) + May 2008 (65k) + Oct 2007 x 2 (63k x 2)
Second place for all themes - Jan 2008 x 5 (50k x 5)
Third place for all themes - Jan 2008 x 2 (50k x2)

Theme List:
- Sweets (baked goods/candy)
- Seasons (take your pick of the four)
- Night/stars/sleep

*The themes above ONLY apply to art of my OC

These are pretty similar to the themes described above, but a little more abstract. (Since the outfits are designed for you and such) That being said, please feel free to adapt the outfits posted to your liking. (Add/remove/adapt items)

First place for all themes - June 2007 (190k) + May 2007 (98k) + May 2008 (65k) + Oct 2007 x 2 (63k x 2) + April 2008 (27k)
Second place for all themes - Jan 2008 x 5 (50k x 5)
Third place for all themes - Jan 2008 x 2 (50k x 2)

Theme List:
- Adventures
- Naughty (it's up to you to interpret this one ;D)
- Cute

NOTE: When filling up the form, please don't say "any themes it fits for" or "up to you" or "whatever you think" or something -- that counts you for zero themes (which is fine). Themed art is supposed to be targeted at that category -- it's something you, the artist has to decide.
User Image
How To Enter:

1. Make sure you've read all the rules
2. Fill out the form below and post it in the thread (this thread)
* All entries via PM will be IGNORED

[size=24]I'M SUBMITTING ART![/size]
[b]username:[/b] (your user name here)
[b]link to art:[/b] (link here, high res if possible :3)
[b]media:[/b] (if your piece is traditional, please specify. also, if its a collab, please specify)
[b]theme:[/b] (specify which them you'd like to enter for, if applicable. this isn't required)
[b]other notes:[/b] (any other notes you might have/things to say)[

All entries are here.
If you have posted your entry and do not see it on the list, go ahead and remind us.
Keep in mind it may take us a few days to get things up to date, so please be patient. :]
User Image
GAMES
Playing games earns you points, and for every 10 points, you win one July 2008 letter.
Catch a Penguin -- I'll post a picture of a penguin every once in a while, and the first person to quote it wins a point.
Ori Wants... -- In big RED font, I'll post "Ori Wants ____" with the blank filled in. The first person to quote me and include a picture of whatever I asked for wins a point.
FREEBIES
1. page prizes: July 2008 for each of these
- a random poster (picked by me) every 50 pages (50, 100, 150 etc)
- 1st poster on 111, 2nd poster on 222, 3rd on 333, etc...
*If you are mindlessly bumping (more often than once every five minutes and/or ignoring conversation) the prize will go to the next poster that isn't so mindless. [:
2. Keep the thread banner in your sig for two weeks (while you are active, you have to be on and posting in at least a few threads) to receive a July 2008. Please post this form in the thread when you start:

[size=24][color=red]I AM PUTTING YOUR BANNER IN MY SIG[/color][/size]

Note: You get 1 letter for the first two weeks, another letter for the next two weeks, but then 1 letter for the next three weeks. It increases by 1 week every two "cycles" you do. so 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 4 weeks... etc.
3. Get five other (art related threads) to link me (have my banner up when I check) and you get a July 2008 [have them put my link up, then fill out this form and include their links, so i can put them up]

[size=24][color=red]I GOT FIVE PEOPLE TO LINK YOU![/color][/size]
(add all the links here, so i can link them back! make sure my link is already up)

Participants--
Sept 2: nothing is original/GRAY - - s k ii e s; xobooka; Fallen Tenshi Wish
Sept 3: ahiru_chan, S U U P E R R M A N N
Sept 4: [-Laydee~Skittles-]
Sept 5: TheCookieMunstar
Sept 6: Kaydee Yaleni, KotokoPlum, bloominn, blakely
Sept 10: kent26
Sept 12; ApplesauceMassacre
Sept 17; Sweetest December, TercesX
Sept 29: Ruiski
Ori owes letters for links:
S U P E R R M A N N - sent!
bloominn - sent!
[-Laydee~Skittles-] - on page 59?

note; when you've done your two weeks, send a trade of 1g (1g for every 'set' of weeks) to the account 'another three'
User Image
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.53448681/][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/orianax/finalcomp/200x4001.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.53448681/][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/orianax/finalcomp/200x4002.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.53448681/][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/orianax/bigrecycled.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.53448681/][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/orianax/picnic.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.53448681/][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/orianax/split.jpg[/img][/url]
User Image
shops:

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ending in jan 2010:
User Image

ending in feb 2010:
User Image

march 2010:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ending in late 2010:

User Image
Thread Staff:
GRAY - - s k ii e s is the Thread/Entries Manager
I'm also hiring a Advertising Manager -- I want this comp to be heavily advertised (esp once I make a banner XD) and I need help! If you want to do this, please PM me with whatever ideas you have... And I'll be hiring based on that.
Pay varies depending on what you end up doing, ranging from smaller MCs (TM, GoGods to EIs and pure)
COLLAB LIST
...so you wanna do a collab piece, but you're having a hard time finding a buddy. Try getting in touch with these people (in this thread or via PM, it's up to you)
Flocksy - looking for lineartists and colorists
~Adriel Everin~ - looking for colorists
sushi_is_my_best_friend - looking for either line artists or colorists
Host Naomi-chan - looking for lineartists
susufi - looking for lineartists
soliloquy in aria - would prefer to color, but is looking for either
gray -- skiies - looking for either
iGrunny E M O - looking for a lineartist
TercesX - looking for a lineartist

If you would like to be added to this list, just let me know in the thread. Also let me know if you'd prefer to line or color or don't care. Thanks!
User Image

1. Can I submit more than one piece?
Yes. Read the rules. -points up-

2. If I decide to edit a piece, can I resubmit?
Yes. Make it very clear though, so Gray and I don't get mixed up

3. Do pieces have to be fullbody? Do you prefer fullbody?
No and no. I'm a quality over quantity person! However, like most people I imagine, if everything else is held equal, I'd obviously love fullbody art. But, it's not a big deal, I'm judging by quality over quantity.

4. Who's going to judge?

Me and a couple friends. I think it's pretty obvious who those friends are if you hang out in the thread long enough, but I won't name them. ;D

5. What criteria are you using to judge?
Mostly overall likey-ness. Horrible criteria, I know. I have no formula, but it's some combination of style, quality, accuracy, effort and creativity.

6. Can I draw an outfit I saw you wear but you didn't post?

Sure. But save it so you have a reference, since I might change before you finish and you won't have a guide. :'D

7. What are the (k) (a) (o) things next to the prizes? (hidden in white font)
Haha, nothing. Ignore them. They're just for me, so I know which mule/account each prize is on... So I don't get confused and so I don't count a particular item twice.
User Image

i love the pose and energy in this one -- ori is the hyper and very active sort of girl. jumping all over the place, running instead of walking and very, very excitable.

she's also a very optimistic and happy girl, always smiling and finding the silver lining in a situation... until she breaks down and cries.

this is the first piece of oc art i got -- and i'm still in love with the outfit the artist came up with. i don't think i even had my crappy doodle references when this was drawn. i love the abundance of mismatched colors and textures.

feel free to be totally creative with outfits!

this is an amazing pencil sketch -- i love the way she looks as well as the scene. the penguin doesn't -have- to be a plushie. and even if it is, having tea with it is totally something she'd try to do.

in a technical sense, i love the detail and complexity of this piece -- i love how its all pencil, but it doesn't feel like a sketch at all.

once again, the penguin here isn't a literal plushie. ;D

anyway, i love the unique style of this piece and the bright, bright colors and saturation. in addition, i think it captures her mood great -- running around in the rain and having fun all the time! this piece makes me think of playing hide and seek -- maybe with a flock of imaginary penguins, or maybe with some of her friends.
Other OC notes: (I'm digging around through the story itself, more to be added as I find stuff)
- Here's a description of her bedroom:
Glow-in-the-dark stars dotted the ceilings and walls of the room, sparkling faintly in the sun’s afternoon light. Chains and chains of paper cranes—all in different sizes and colors—were also strung up from the ceiling, in a beautiful display of an evening flock against the night sky.

NOTES TO SELF (IGNORE PLX)
Trades Ori Owes:
Early Bird Prizes: - look at page 876 if you want to see how these were picked

Banuxwitch - jan
Copic-Kun - march
gothicookie - feb
iAlacrity - jan
Grunny E M O - april
kelzvieira - march
Korilassical - feb
[-laydee~skittles-] - april
luzhikari - feb
Solar-Inferno - march

Judge's Choice:
-SCRU_BALLz-
Purin-sama IV
thermoplastick

Page Prizes:
111 - Kernip
222 - Paine Ryushiga
333 - Geekpower
444 - SchitsenGiggles
555 - Kyousouka
666 - ~Adriel Everin~
777 - GRAY - - s k ii e s
User Image

...he's a small fluffy white dog (maltese) that's fluffy and pretty playful. Generally not wearing a kimono, its just a cute picture haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff