Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

User Image

Welcome, everyone, to my last (and largest) art contest I'll have here on gaia! This is my 6th contest I've hosted, and I am super excited for it! Usually, my contests have been Original Character based, but this time around, I'm hosting this contest to get art of my avi with my husband's avi. For the last few years, we've been throwing art at each other, and I wanted to be able to throw lots of art at him all at once rofl So here we are xd I wanted to go out with a bang, so the payouts for this contest are the biggest I've ever had! So stick around and enjoy the contest heart

User Image

Start Date: 9/19/19
WIP Date: 5/29/20 6/12/20
Finished Art Date: 6/5/20 6/20/20
Ceremony Date: 6/10/20 6/25/20

(Contest ends on 6/12, but if you submit a WIP on or before that date, you will get until 6/20 to submit the finished piece.)

User Image

1st Post: Welcome
2nd Post: Update
3rd Post: Rules
4th Post: Prizes
5th Post: Participation Prizes
6th Post: Tonks & Ember
7th Post: Couples
8th Post: Special Categories
9th Post: F.A.Q.
10th Post: Submission Form
11th Post: Entries
12th Post: Links In & Out
13th Post: Credits
14th Post: Reserved
15th Post: Reserved

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

June 25th ~ For anyone who would like to see our ceremony for our art contest, it starts right here on this post: Click for the beginning of the ceremony. If you would like to see just a quick slide show of the winners, you can check out this post here: Click for Slide Show Overview. Thank you again everyone for all the wonderful art! This truly was the best art contest I've had! Thank you for making my last contest I'll host the best ever!

June 13 ~ The contest is officially closed to any new WIP. For those of you who got us WIP in before the Midnight on the 12, make sure you get your finished pieces in to us before midnight on the 20th. Also wanted to say a big thank you for all the wonderful Birthday wishes heart

June 10 ~ Just wanted to give everyone a little bit of a heads up on the time I'm going by. On the 12, you have until midnight Gaia's time to get your WIP in for the extra 8 days to finish your art (June 20). I will be out most of the day on the 12th (it's my birthday xd ) so once I'm able to get on and look on here, I'll make sure I update the first page with any WIP posted while I'm out. Just make sure you get it in before Midnight Gaia's time on the 12! heart

May 29 ~ Big news! Our art contest got featured in the Gaia News Letter!!! Ember woke me up today telling me about it! This is just so beyond awesome! I want to say a HUGE thank you to Toki Re for the wonderful article, it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart! Here’s a link to the screen shot of the article is anyone would like to read it First half 2nd half

May 25 ~ Since we got featured on the front page (thank you for this awesome honor Gaia!!!) we decided that we would extend the art contest by 2 weeks, just to give those who saw this contest on the front page, a bit more time to finish art. This will be our only extension.

April 28 ~ Updated some rules for Manga and Three's a Crowed. Also adding some new FAQ.

Nov 1 ~ Senku Ishigami from Dr. Stone has been added to "Three's a Crowd" Special Category section!

Oct 1 ~ The rest of the official banners came in from Music heart xd

Sept 23 ~ Big batch of official banners came in from Music, and they are pretty emotion_drool

Sept 19 ~ Temporary banners made, and art contest officially going live! Pro banners will be added, as my friend is able to get them finished.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

• Make sure you follow all of Gaia's TOS and forum rules.
• Be nice and considerate to everyone!
• No bashing other people's artwork. Everyone works hard on their pieces!
• Please be sure to check all information (including spoiler tags), as all of it is important; make sure to read everything!
• All submitted art MUST fall within the PG-13 rating of the website!
• NO n***s! Tasteful or otherwise ><
• This contest allows single, couple, and group art.
      ~ Only "Three's a Crowd" and "Manga Page" categories can have group art; you must not make group art outside of this categories.
      ~ Only couple/group art can win 1st-3rd place prizes; no single art is eligible.
      ~ Single art can, however, win all other corresponding prizes in the contest.
• Almost ALL types of art can be entered, including traditional and digital drawings, animated pixels, and even physical sculptures and dolls!
      ~ If a certain type of art gains enough entries, a new prize category may be added for it.
• No avi edits/photo manipulations are permitted to be entered.
• When you submit your finished art, you must use the form provided.
• Providing a WIP is welcome and encouraged, but not required.
      ~ When submitting a WIP, let me know if you would like critique.
      ~ You do not have to use the form to show a WIP.
• All art must be at least waist up (please no head/bust shots). Fullbody art is preferred over any other, though (just some food for thought).
• If entering a waist up, please make it more detailed than you would do for a larger piece since there is less to draw/color.
• In order for a prize to be given out, there must be at least 5 pieces of art submitted for that category. This is to stop people from coming in and sniping a prize that has no art. This rule might end up not being implemented for some categories, depending on the quality of art submitted.
• All art must be colored (flat color is acceptable); please no black and white.
• Make sure you read through our personality information! The way Ember and I interact with each other is very important!
• All finished art that has been commissioned before this contest can NOT be entered into this contest (seeing as you have already been compensated for your work).
• If you have an unfinished commission with me, and would like to forgo your commission fee to enter your piece here in the contest, you may, but know that you are not guaranteed a prize if you do so.
• Please note that only one prize will be given per entry.
• You may submit more than one entry, and it's possible to win a prize for each entry.
• If you enter watermarked art to be put on display in the thread, you must send me a un-watermarked piece through PM for it to be qualified.
• Please have your signature on your art somewhere.
• If you submit a collaboration piece, the prize will be sent to the person who submitted the art. It is up to that person to make sure the collab partner gets their share of the prize.
• Ember Caster will be one of the main judges; I will not have the only say on who wins!
• Please do not ask if you are going to win a prize, I will only tell you that everyone has a chance and not go into any more detail than that.
• Lastly, please do not beg me or others in here for items or gold, it makes everyone feel awkward.

(More rules may be added as needed.)

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

Grand total: 400 Tril worth of Tickets, GC, & Gold

User Image

1st Place: User Image & User Image & 15 Tril User Image
2nd Place: User Image & User Image & 10 Tril User Image
3rd Place: User Image & User Image & 5 Tril User Image

User Image

Tonks' Pick: User Image & User Image & 10 Tril User Image
Ember's Pick: User Image & User Image & 10 Tril User Image

User Image

Best Tonks Single: User Image & 5 Tril User Image
Best Ember Single: User Image & 5 Tril User Image
Best Couple: User Image & 5 Tril User Image

User Image

Manga Page: User Image & 5 Tril User Image
Poke Gym Leader: User Image & 5 Tril User Image
Three's a Crowd: User Image & User Image & 7.5 Tril User Image

User Image

Best Law: 5 Tril User Image
Best Claude: 5 Tril User Image
Best Senku: 5 Tril User Image
Best Lavi: 5 Tril User Image
Best Stein: 5 Tril User Image
Best Gajeel: 5 Tril User Image
Best Takasu: 5 Tril User Image
Best Shippo: 5 Tril User Image
Best CG: 5 Tril User Image
Best Traditional: 5 Tril User Image
Best Background: 5 Tril User Image
Most Dynamic Pose: 5 Tril User Image
Funniest Art: 5 Tril User Image
Honorable Mention x10: 1 Tril User Image

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

Ember and I both have done something like this in past contest, and it went over so well in those, I thought I would do it again in here!

How this works:

If it's your first time submitted art, you will get 250bil pure! For every submitted piece after that, you will get 100bil pure, just for entering! The more you submit, the more gold you get, up front!

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

User Image

(click this banner for our avis and item lists)
User Image

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

User Image

(If there are other avis you would like to do for couple, we're more than happy to have those, as well. Just make sure it includes both Ember and myself, and not two of Ember or two of me.)

Spooky Buddies
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cuddle Time
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OR

Wicked Sexy

Steam-Punked

OR

Aurora Nights

Arabian Sands

Demonic Love

Slither & Swim

Ticket to Ride

Feathers & Wings

OR

Goggle Buds

Paint the Town

Sophisticated Mates

Leaders of Men
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Very Superstitious

Avenging Angels

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

User Image

For this category, Ember and I are looking for a manga page style art. This needs to be, at the very least, 3 panels to try and tell the story of what it is you want us to be doing in the art.

Please follow the information under the "Couples" section to get an idea of how we interact with each other!

Any of our avis on the website can be used! You don't have to follow the "Couples" pairings.

This CAN tie into the "Three's a Crowd" category! (Be sure to use the relevant information from that category.)

You may include extra characters aside from the ones we've listed, especially for scenes with crowds. However, these characters should be generic people/gaians or characters from the same series/game as the character you chose from the "Three's a Crowd" category.

Here are some ideas to help get your creative juices flowing:

~ Me trying to pounce/tackle Ember, with him dodging at the last moment, making me hit the wall or floor.
                      ~ A date set up, with Ember being stoic as usual, and maybe me thinking he's not enjoying it (even though he is inside).
                      ~ Ember being more affectionate than normal (out of character for him), having it turn out to be him teasing me or revenge for something.
                      ~ Having characters from "Three's a Crowd" interacting with us, and having us react to what they are doing.
                      ~ Having me pester Ember while he's indulging in his hobbies (please refer to "Tonks & Ember" section for a list of his hobbies).
                      ~ Us sleeping (nothing over PG-13), with me being a restless sleeper, bothering Ember.

User Image

This category is to show off mine and Ember's Pokemon Training skills! We are looking for both single and couple art for this category.

Single art MUST be fullbody, gym leaders only, with the gym (interior or exterior) as a background and multiple Pokemon in the art.

This art MUST have Pokemon in it! And the Pokemon do not make it count as couple/group art.

Please make sure you follow which Pokemon would go with what Gym Leader/Trainer.

You can make any of our Pokemon shinies if you wish, but please make sure not ALL of them are shinies >< so they are rare.

The images of the Pokemon are clickable, and leads to that Pokemon's Wiki Page!

Tonks' Trainers and Gym Leaders:

Generic Trainer

Poke Team
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Dragon Gym Leader

You can use any type of Dragon Pokemon for this avi!

Flying Gym Leader

You can use any type of Flying Pokemon for this avi!

Fighting Gym Leader

You can use any type of Fighting Pokemon for this avi

Dark Gym Leader

You can use any type of Dark Pokemon for this avi.

Steel Gym Leader

You can use any type of Steel Pokemon for this avi.

Psychic Gym Leader

You can use any type of Psychic Pokemon for this avi.

Water Gym Leader

you can use any type of Water Pokemon for this avi.

Ember's Gym Leaders:

General Info:
I'd like the artist to decide what "type" of gym leader the avi they choose should be, based mostly on the avi's appearance. Please select the gym leader avatar from the list below.
For ideas on which Pokemon to use: in general, I don't care for most pink Pokemon. Dinosaur, steel, and dragon Pokemon are favorable. Some of the specific Pokemon I like include: Jolteon, Umbreon, Zeraora, Cosmog, Zygarde, Zoroark, Serperior, Lucario, Deoxys, Jirachi, Sneasel/Weavile, Snorlax, Lapras, Scyther, and Ninetales.

Avis for Gym Leaders:

Ember's Trainer:

Pokemon Team
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Three may be a crowd, but boy can it be entertaining xd for this category, we are looking for group art!

This art needs to have both Ember and myself, along with one (or one per panel for Manga Page) of the fandom characters listed below!

Please make sure you read through the information on how those characters interact with us! It's very important!

This category can tie into the "Manga Page" category as well!

Click on the image of the character to be taken to their Wiki page.

F.Y.I. The funnier the art the better emotion_awesome

Tonks' Fandom Friends:

Trafalgar D. Water Law
(From One Piece)

Pre and post time skip (all outfits) are fine for art with him!

User Image

Law has no romantic interest in Tonks, but is close to him. They have been friends for a long time, and he knows how possessive Ember is of Tonks, so he makes sure that he doesn't do something that could come off the wrong way to Ember.

Claude von Riegan
(From Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Pre and Post time skip are both fine for him!

User Image

Claude has no romantic feeling for Tonks at all, but does, however, flirt and tease Tonks around Ember, simply to get him mad. He finds making Ember upset in this way "funny". Though this tends to get him in a lot of trouble.

Senku Ishigami
(From Dr. Stone)

His stone world outfit is preferred!

User Image

Senku's only real interest in Tonks and Ember is to get them to join his Kingdom of Science. Ember more so than Tonks, because of Ember's skills in smithing and inventing. Senku does see Tonks as a valuable member, though, since his knowledge of science is above that of an average person.

Ember's Fandom Friends:

Lavi
(From D.Gray Man)

Just pretend he's attracted to men (lol), and have him be flirtatious with either Ember or Tonks (or both).

Stein
(NPC from Gaia)

Stein has no romantic feelings for Ember, but does tend to get a bit handsy with him. It seems he might be interested in Ember's parts, but thankfully he hasn't tried to take anything....yet.

Gajeel Redfox
(From Fairy Tail)

Any outfits/forms from the anime/manga are acceptable.

He has no romantic feelings for Ember, but he often has a tendency to hug/put his arm around Ember in an overly friendly manner.

Takasu
(From Orenchi no Furo Jijou)

Takasu has no romantic feelings for either Ember or Tonks, but he does like to tease/play with them. Ember has mixed feelings about Takasu's massages (mainly when Tonks is the target).

Shippo
(From Inuyasha)

Shippo is particularly attached to Ember, and doesn't like Tonks. He will often play mean pranks on Tonks when Ember isn't looking, or will cling to Ember when Tonks is around to keep Tonks from getting close.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

Frequently asked questions, from past art contests and new ones, are added here (if I get the same question more than once). Please make sure you read through all of these before asking questions.

Q: Have you or your husband ever hosted an art contest in the past?
A: Yes we have! Though this is the first one we are doing together. Here is a link to my last two I hosted, and a link to Ember's last ones he hosted:
Guardian Heroes OC Art Contest
Heirs to the Legend OC Art Contest
Ember's December Avi Art Contest
Ember's Fill in the Blank Avi Art Contest

Q: Do you really have all those Tickets/Gaia Cash/Gold on your account?
A: Yes xd I am very sure. Below is a screen shot of my invo. Please do note that I am using plat. If you still do not believe I have it, you can ask a site mod to verify it for you as well.
Screen shot of my account

Q: Is it ok if I change your avis' outfits or leave a bunch of stuff off of them?
A: We are pretty picky about this, sadly sweatdrop and we have provided item lists with links to the market place to help everyone out with our avis. So, I'm going to have to say no to this >< sorry.

Q: I really really want to do some super sexy/smutty art of you guys, can I please.
A: >> We really aren't the smutty types with each other, so it would feel far too out of character for us. I would say, just follow the information provided in the "Couples" section, and you will be fine.

Q: Is there a limit to how many entries I'm allowed to submit?
A: No limit xd you can enter as many times as you would like!

Q: Why do I have to give you un-water marked art? I don't like giving out un-water marked art.
A: One main reason is, art that has a huge watermark on it is un-usable to the person hosting the contest, and that's the main reason they have that rule on this forum. There should be a sticky in the forum giving you full details on this. Just remember, if you would like to have a watermarked piece up on the contest page, you have to send me an un-watermarked piece through PM.

Q: Will my WIP be included to win prizes?
A: No, only finished pieces are eligible for prizes in the main contest.

Q: For "Three's a Crowd", I would like to do just one of your avis with two of the other characters... can I do this?
A: I'm sorry, but no. That category must have both Ember and myself in there.

Q: Does the art have to be shaded?
A: No, the art doesn't have to be shaded, but it would help your chances of winning something if it was. But if you really aren't a shading kind of person, flat color is totally fine to enter.

Q: What are you guys looking for, when it comes to judging the art?
A: We mainly look at style, content, how accurate the piece is, details, and effort. There are other things we consider as well, but those are the main things we focus on.

Q: I read through everything, and the question I have wasn't answered... may I PM you the question I have?
A: Yes you may! My PM box is always open!

Q: Am I allowed to include Pokemon in my art for any category?
A: You may only add Pokemon to art for the Poke Gym Leaders category.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

Please only fill out this form when you are submitting finished entries. You do not have to use this for WIP.

[align=center][color=#021659][quote="Nymphadora Tonks Airman"][/quote]
[quote="Ember Caster"][/quote]
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/612734863916662795/626978905835962380/unknown.png[/img]
[u][b]Your Name:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Medium:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Name of Artwork:[/b][/u] (if any)
[u][b]Category:[/b][/u] (if any)
[u][b]Comments:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Submission:[/b][/u]
[/color][/align]

Explanation:

Your Name: Your user name here!
Medium: What type of art is it? (Traditional, Digital, Sculpture, dolls, Pixel..)
Name of Artwork: If you would like to give your art a name, it would go here.
Category: Does your art fall under Manga Page, Poke Gym Leaders, or Three's a Crowd?
Comments: You can put what you would like to tell us about your art here! The process you did in making it, funny little things that happened. Anything really xd
Submission: This is where the link for your art will go!

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

Number of Entries: 36
Number of WIP: 10

WIP

(click banner for gallery)
User Image

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

If you would like to exchange links, please post the code for your link here in the thread. Please make sure you have our own link in your thread, before asking for the exchange.

User Image

User Image
[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.106921659/][img]https://i.imgur.com/tCv2OGm.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

links out will go here

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
User Image

All names are Gaia User Names, if you would like me to change to your DA/tumbler name, please contact me and let me know.

Temporary link banner made by ~ Ember Caster
Official banners made by ~ music-ecstasy
Opening banner art by ~ itsSirHobbesalot
Update banner art by ~ Reiko Tsuneo
Rules banner art by ~ itsSirHobbesalot
Prize banner art by ~ Dekuguu
Participation prizes banner art by ~ Tsukita-chan
Tonks & Ember banner art by ~ SeasonedStalker
Couple banner art by ~ wooserr
Special Category banner art by ~ W 0 L F E H
F.A.Q. banner art by ~ Bluueyy
Submission Form banner art by ~ Alina Hert