Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Thank you Keiiii and LadyFox! This contest was great fun, and even more fun because it brought so many fantastic people together. :3 Thank you thank you! heart

@Everyone: Hope to keep seeing you all around in the contest forum! <3

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
fluoroid
Thank you Keiiii and LadyFox! This contest was great fun, and even more fun because it brought so many fantastic people together. :3 Thank you thank you! heart

@Everyone: Hope to keep seeing you all around in the contest forum! <3
Ah, I was so happy that your expressive one won something!!

Special Snowflake

Back after lectures, sucky that I arrived so late in the day to really congratulate people properly, but here's hoping that they'll see it!!

Firstly, congrats to everyone for participating! My comments are made in order of posting! xd Part one of my posting, sorry for the text wall of doom!!!

Nathaniel Mea- loved the boldness of the lines, and the energy of the pose, well deserved on both prize fronts ^^
Blu Chalk- the pose was amazing, and I'm always up for a shirtless dude 3nodding
Whind- I really loved the compostition in this one, I remember seeing it when it wasn't finished and liked the expression in her face! The added context of the scene made it really nice! Oooo,h the alt version won too!! The facial expression is <3

Clockwork mouse- Yaay! Congrats on both wins! I think one of the best things about this submission that I remember was that you submitted both from and back, so technically it was a 360 degree image ^^ I liked Fox's laid back pose and expression too heart
Penguink11- Ooh, I remember this one! It was one of the few entries with a background from early on in the contest heart the facial expressions really captured the moment.

I think it's inevitable that prizes get shifted around, so I'm sure no on-one minds too much! The in between flirting was hilarious, especially the pic with the warning whack xd

Jaillin- I loved the flowing dress and the way the flames were done- so pretty! Oh, and best couple too! I liked the soft lighting in that one!
Malicious Panda- congrats! This one really is cute ^^
iXee- Oh, the library one was so nice, the pile of books as the center piece was a lovely idea!
Crystal Helena- I loved the concept behind this one, and the smirk was captured wonderfully ^^
Fluroid- What I liked most about it was the way you captured a scene that tells a story! I don't know what the story is behind it, but it makes you want to know what's happening in the scene! ANd congrats on the Best scene too! I love that your pieces tell a story.

[ color =emo ], anna_cracker, Clockwork Mouse, iXee, Fluroid, Lady Matrona: Thank you for kind words and the congrats!! heart

Sevi Rais:
xd I don't know! Any excuse to draw hawt for me xd

Kiiro-chan- Sexeh stuff!, the steam to cover naughty parts is a nice subtle touch, and the body types/differences was also a great touch ^^
Vilhelmina- Thanks! You should draw some nekkid mancandy! It's fun! xd
Crysanthia- I loved your pencils so much, especially the faces, I awe at your skills!

Bribble: Congratulations! It's so sad.... I remember thinking "why? Why did you have to come now, you random couple!?"
Water Melan- I liked the sweet style, it's unique and filled with a kind of energy.
Coco Poco- I loved the flow of the characters put together, it really felt like a single image ^^
meowmeowkitty- Better a late announcement than never! Your piece really felt like it had pace to it, you got the action so well!
Rizolii- Loved that these looked dramatic like movie posters!
Lady Matrona- The picture looks so intimate and personal heart
The_fluuff- I love the light/dark contrast, which really works in the scene!

[ color=emo ] I loved that Leon pic! It's so atmospheric and the anticipation emotion_dowant
Kaiser-chan- loved the forest and Leon pics the most! The way you put so much effort into all of your pictures is truly amazing
Anna_Cracker- the way you paint and make a group picture work together is amazing! It's got energy and a set-up that allows each character to really shine!
Muffeh- Well deserved!! heart Your art style is so unique and eye catching, and the the has that quality that really catches the eye in lighting, or storytelling!

Special Snowflake

keiiii
3nodding It's been stated from the beginning that it could happen in some cases. Shaka's Leon entry truly deserves both prizes!

ladyfox

Holy pa-choley eek crying You liked it! You really liked it! Words can't describe how surprised and honoured I am to receive such a prize! Thank you- thank you so much! I'm so pleased that this one was liked on so many levels!! Sometimes, what I try to convey doesn't come out to be interpreted so I'm happy to have hit my symbolic mark, and hitting the hawtness mark is the cherry on the cake heart

If this were the Academy awards and I had a speech, I'd be a teary speech maker- the incoherent kind. xd

Thank you for the kind words and the effort that you put into choosing each entry, and providing feedback as well heart I loved that the ceremony had OC interaction and extra art to delight and entertain us! I truly will miss this contest crying Thank you both! heart

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sand Dancer Shaka
Bribble: Congratulations! It's so sad.... I remember thinking "why? Why did you have to come now, you random couple!?"
Random couple? question

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I feel I should do one of these wall of text things too, but for now I'll stick to:
Thank you so much, I'm honored that I was able to win not only one but two prizes, it was very unexpected and much appreciated!

Special Snowflake

Bribble
Sand Dancer Shaka
Random couple? question
Oh, in the story a couple comes by and because the girl couldn't control her powers Leon had to kill her to save them and the rest of the block? Or was that another entry??

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sand Dancer Shaka
Bribble
Sand Dancer Shaka
Random couple? question
Oh, in the story a couple comes by and because the girl couldn't control her powers Leon had to kill her to save them and the rest of the block? Or was that another entry??
Oh, no, that was mine! Haha. I should have remembered my own entry! And yeah, those bad people! Stupid couple!

Special Snowflake

Bribble
Oh, no, that was mine! Haha. I should have remembered my own entry! And yeah, those bad people! Stupid couple!
ha ha! It's hard to remember sometimes when there's a lot going on ^^

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sand Dancer Shaka
Bribble
ha ha! It's hard to remember sometimes when there's a lot going on ^^
yeah, actually I didn't remember anything about that entry at all until I went and re-read it a few weeks ago. ^_^;; And when I was reading it, I was like "Oh no, what's gonna happen?" 'cause I didn't remember rofl rofl rofl

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I only now looked at the "what fox would look like if he were a real person" and now I love him even more T__T So charming and adorable and sad and happy and cute.

Dapper Genius

keiiii
An Unforgiven Sin -Cazeo-
keiiii
An Unforgiven Sin -Cazeo-

I knowwwww, I could really feel the enthusiasm and fun radiating from this place. I'm so glad this contest happened!

Me too. I'll keep on reading Haru-Sari <3 Your art is amazing, if I'm not mistaken you are self taught? Keep up the good work love. <3 I'm gonna head to bed, the funny thing is it's 148pm here..but I work night shift...when I come back from my deployment..I'm gonna be so messed up..I'm already pale as all hell from not seeing the sun..what 3 months now? X'D /tiredramble

I'm what some people call "self taught" (i.e. didn't go to art school) although I don't agree with that term. ^^ After all, it's not like going to an art school automatically makes your art better.

D: Get your vitamin D!

You are very right. I taught myself a lot of things, I went to a few classes at massart then to champlain to do videogame art and animation, I did learn a lot from it but I combine what I learned with what I know, it helped a lot. Your style is so professional, and beautiful. Alot of what makes an artist a good one is comitment to learning, and never being satisfied with what you have, that way there is always room to grow.

Special Snowflake

Bribble
yeah, actually I didn't remember anything about that entry at all until I went and re-read it a few weeks ago. ^_^;; And when I was reading it, I was like "Oh no, what's gonna happen?" 'cause I didn't remember rofl rofl rofl
That's good though, you can judge it more constructively when you can't remember ^u^

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Bribble
Ah, I was so happy that your expressive one won something!!

Thank you Bribble! <3 I am trilled that you did so well also! I plan to read your story soon. ^^
EDIT: Just read it! Very well written. I wouldn't have come close to writing someone else's character that accurately. Brilliant!

Sand Dancer Shaka

Oh thank you Shaka! I really enjoyed trying to depict the scenes. c:

Dapper Dabbler

OMG, congratulations everyone! I am SO HAPPY those pieces won! Especially for you, Muffeh, that piece has been my very favourite, tied with Anna's, from the moment I saw it, and I actually had no idea it was yours until I read the top five this morning! It's beautiful, and so well deserved. Congratulations ♥

And to everyone else I didn't manage to congratulate before bed, I'm in love with all your art.

Nathanial, your lines blow my mind, you have no idea *u*

Emo, I'm in awe of your colouring and shading, and the detail and professionalism of your work. It's mindblowing!

Kaiser, that forest! Absolutely stunning *u* /stares forever~

Anna, this picture blew my mind. I love your style so much *u*. It's so unique~ <3. Everything works so well together, it's beautiful~ c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff