Welcome to Gaia! ::

intro

Also know as :: To Wish on a Star

I'm officially leaving Gaia at the end of the year. I want to be able to give my gold to those who know how to earn it.. and artists have a lot of respect in that category. I want to be able to give to those artists who find me, instead of me spending weeks and months roaming around. Even if I invite you, I thank you for looking.

I've had an OC, my first official one, since the beginning of this year. She's... just amazing and loved by friends and family. I want to get what I can of her before I leave the only website I've been able to get art of her with. I know this is rushed, but I do what I can with the time I have.
          rules

end date :: Dec 12th (my son's 5th birthday)
          I WILL NOT be changing the date, but I have the right to change the prize amount depending on quality and quantity of entries on Dec 1st.
          You may enter multiple times. The more you enter, the more chances you have.
          Please enter with transparent backgrounds.
          Full body works are ALWAYS better than others.
          I will not be accepting ANYTHING that is bust or face. It must be waist, thigh, or full body. This goes for chibis as well.
          If you do decide to compete, quote my open post with a rough date for the finished product.
          Don't be afraid to contact me with questions on the characters,etc.

Judging is based on ::
          quality, accuracy, and over all squealing when I receive the art. emotion_kirakira
          category/prizes

Single non full body :: 100k gaia_gaiagold
          Single full body :: 400k gaia_gaiagold
          Story book illustration :: 700k gaia_gaiagold
          Couple :: 1mil gaia_gaiagold
          Misc :: 100k gaia_gaiagold

Everyone who enters (not multiple entries per person) will receive 5k no matter what.
          There will also be OTHER items, though smaller, given out to those who I believe worked hard and deserve something if they do not win. A runner's up.
          category info

I'm sure the single is self explanatory.

Story book illustration is a fun one. You see, my son LOVES my OC. She's part of the Rise of the Guardians/Guardians of Childhood series. She's become a love to friends and family. I'd love to see some cute things that would honestly look like it came out of a book. Background, words,etc. Nothing like comic book.. but standard cute little bedtime story style. Beauty text and wording.. Textures of the character and scene combined..
          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
          She has many stories as it is, so it was hard to settle on one. Instead, I took the last bit from "To Wish on a Star", which is her back story I'm working on. While I don't have it in detail, I do have the last scene in it to where you can gain inspiration. PLEASE if you want to draw the Moon or Moonbeams/light, contact me for the references.
          Days, weeks, months, and years went by. Estelle learned that she was not seen by normal humans. It was a saddening time, as she hated to be alone. After many travels in her new line of duty, she met other Guardians who she shared times with. Nightlight, the dear watcher of the Moon and Guardian, became her closest friend. She learned the flickering of both the moonbeams and him. In ways, she learned about her own her light and why she was there. While doubt still existed on days, she never put an ounce of regret in her decisions.
          A century had passed. Estelle changed a bit with the times, but never her excitement of flying and being able to give each child a wish. While you might not see her, or believe wishes come true, always look for the brightest star in the sky. Look for that shooting star that always seems to be there. Thank someone when that dim or flickering nightlight glows brighter. For this light bringer, the Wishing Star, is always there to protect you.

Couple art is always a fun one. Her partner and enemy is Pitch Black. You might know him as the Nightmare King.. or the Boogeyman. DeviantArt has many wonderful references. The best reference, in my opinion, to use is :: This tumblr. (warning.. NSFW). Single pieces to look at our :: this, this, this, and this. I have NO issue with how you draw them together. It could be them fighting, it could be kissing, it could be them missing each other from a far (which I have a story for.. called "The Crow and the Butterfly). You can ask along the lines of this. I don't mind one bit.

Misc is basically anything else or any of the above that I enjoy. Call this the quality, anatomy, and squeals that I mentioned in the rule area.
User Image
          character

Estelle Dawn
          AKA: Lightbringer, Annoying Firefly, Wishing Star.
          Skin: Extremely light, but NOT white.
          Eyes: Blue
          Hair: Shoulder length and blonde.
          Height: 5'2
          Weight: 132 lbs.
          Breast size: 38DD
          Personality: Curious, clumsy, well-spoken, childish at times, determined, mother-like.

Abilities :: She can fly and create light with her palms and finger tips. Her light looks like something of fireflies. It's a soft and gentle light yellow glow.

Other Physical Details ::
          She has short elven like ears. There are 3 black dots under each of her eyes.

Loves :: Forget me nots/Honeysuckles, Sunset, forests/mountains, clear skies, small towns, lambs, lighting up nightlights, light rain, dancing.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
          User ImageUser Image

She almost ALWAYS wears her jacket, but it falls just a bit longer than her dress, rather than to the floor. Best example would be this. There are two clips around the upper stomach/under breast area to connect it together, though, she never uses them.
          Neck down designs are as followed. The stockings are designed, and her leg warmers are tucked in her boots.
          Other details include ::
          3 golden leaf cuffs on each ear that slightly overlap each other. It's one full cuff. They are lower on her ear, stopping above the lobe area.
          Her necklace looks like
          other contests

Bump! Just bumping and chatting can get you gold or items!
          other contest winners
          affiliates

Quote me if you want to switch banners.

in

User Image
          [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/rise-of-the-wishing-star-4mil-art-contest-many-categories/t.87634663/][img]http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab229/EstelleDawn/banner_zps36b40233.png[/img][/url]

out

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces