Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Valentine's Day Mini Contest

Every Entry will receive 2k
Our Favorite Entry will receive a special Valentine's related prize (probably a cash shop item)

Any entries to the main contest that have a Valentine theme will be eligible for this prize.

The mini contest lasts until the end of the main contest, which is February 15th

*Contents*
1. Table of Contents/Mini Contest Info
2. Introduction/Information
3. Rules and FAQ
4. What to draw
5. Prize Infos
6. Entries/Entry form
7. Link Us
8. Links Out

Banner art by Haji
Introduction
Welcome to our art contest! We're Ben, or Pierat7, and DuCiel, or Bribble. Together we write the webcomic Collideoscope, and this contest is, you guessed it, our attempt to get some art of our characters!

About Bribble:
User Image

Hi I am DuCiel! I am the comic's artist and co-writer.

What I'm Looking for in your art:
1. Authenticity. I want you to show what the character is really like
2. Poses. Don't just draw a character standing there! Think of something the character might do, or somewhere they might be, and go from there! Character interactions are also great
3. As for style, I'm open to whatever you do best. I love anime style, but don't sacrifice your own personal best in order to pander to a popular style. If you don't draw anime as well as you draw another style, do what you do best.
4. This is my second art contest, and I've learned more about what I want. I'm interested in seeing scenes, weird ideas, or something different. Read the character descriptions and go with the most interesting idea you think of, integrate backgrounds, give the characters expressions that suit their personalities.

About Pierat:

User Image

I'm Ben, and I'm the comic's director and co-writer. I plan out the frames and keep DuCiel on track.

What I'm looking for in your art:

1. Authenticity. As DuCiel said, this is the most important
2. Concept. The idea behind the picture. Not just an interesting pose, an interesting situation or theory behind the picture. Don't be afraid to ask specific questions. We have a LOT to say about the characters. We can answer anything from what's their favorite drink, to what position do they sit in, to what are they most afraid of.
3. I also enjoy a dynamic use of color.
4. As for style, I'm not too picky. The characters were designed in an anime style, so that's how I most commonly see them, but I could be convinced if you to a good job in another style

ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN THINK OF. The bigger your understanding of the characters, the better.

If none of what we said helped you, why don't you see for yourself:
Last Year's Winners

User Image
Information

The contest begins September 3rd
It will end March 15th

Also, we frequently host mini-contests within the large contest, which may last for about a month. These contests are usually holiday-related; the month of October, for example, will include a Halloween mini-contest to which all entries with a Halloween theme will be submitted. These mini-contests do not take the place of the over all contest and the entries submitted to them will also be submitted to the main contest, however they do have their own holiday-related prizes. This is just a way to add to the fun, and to keep people from getting bored since the contest is quite a long one.

Banner art by Angeloluha

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
*Rules*
Do not insult people's art!
Do not steal art
Follow the ToS
PM entries to Mint-Cloud
Enter as many times as you want
Only enter your own artwork
Once you've entered, we have the right to use (with credit) your art, and to resize it. We will not use it without credit, and we will not change the content (though we may crop it or put text on it).

F.A.Q.
1. Question: Do we have to draw the characters in the same outfits as Bribble did them, or can we make up outfits for them ourselves based on their profiles?

1. Answer: You may modify their outfits as long as you stick to the general theme. I am especially open to different outfits if it involves a theme for the picture or for multiple characters (such as swimsuits for swimming or if you want to draw them all as superheroes). Just try to keep to the theme of the character as well.

2. Question: In Alvy's profile picture her outfit is green, but in the comic it's blue. Which should I draw?

2. Answer: I didn't know if I liked green with her orange hair, but it's more natural, which suits her. Basically, I was experimenting. Personally, I like the blue better, but any character whose outfits are drawn in more than one way may be drawn in any of the outfits shown, and without any effect on judging. Just think of it this way: Everyone has more than one shirt in their closet, right? So they might wear different colors on different days ^_^

3. Question: What's the general age group of the characters?

3. Answer: The characters don't have a specific age because I want people of any age to be able to relate to them. Also, they would all be slightly different ages. If you want to know generally their age, think of them as late teens or young adults. They're not kids or preteens and they're not fully mature adults.
What to draw:

Introducing the cast of Collideoscope! You may draw as many characters as you like, and enter as many times as you like. There is a prize for a lot of entries, and a prize for a lot of characters, so just go for it and draw a lot! (disclaimer: don't let your quality suffer!)

Here is a description of their world. Use it if you're having trouble thinking of a setting for your picture. It's packed with lots of locations and information.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to PM us at our main accounts, Bribble and Pierat7, or post here in the thread.

Click character for description
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Brooke________Cirrus_________Alvy __________Killian
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Maiyu________Darius________Chandra________Dai
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Soren_______Tristan_________Aletheia________Kite

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You were looking for it, weren't you?
Categories and Prizes

Judging will based on artistic talent, ability to accurately portray the characters' personalities, and individual criteria based on the category. The number of entries that are eligible for each prize will also be listed, so you can easily see which needs more entries.

Normal Prizes
Grand Prize User Image
All entries eligible
Second Prize User Image
All entries eligible
Third Prize User Image
All entries eligible

Character Prizes
These can be a single OR a group picture. If you draw Killian and Maiyu, it is elligible for Best Killian, Best Maiyu, or best group
Best BrookeUser Image
7 entries
Best CirrusUser Image
10 entries
Best AlvyUser Image
6 entries
Best KillianUser Image
11 entries
Best MaiyuUser Image
11 entries
Best DariusUser Image
6 entries
Best ChandraUser Image
11 entries
Best DaiUser Image
8 entries
Best SorenUser Image
5 entries
Best TristanUser Image
10 entries
Best AletheiaUser Image
10 entries
Best KiteUser Image
7 entries

Category Prizes
Best Scene User Image
(a picture with an interesting theme, background, etc)
Best Romantic User Image
(see "key relationships" for each character)
8 entries
Best Cute User Image
Best InteractionUser Image

Just For Fun
Best Gender-Bender - User Image+User Image
I don't know if any of you noticed, but currently all the boys in the comic have been transformed into girls. Any art that uses this concept, or maybe even changes some of the girls in to boys, qualifies for this prize
2 entries

Best Non-Cannon Couple - User Image
We've got the key relationships for the couples that we've decided on, but are there any couples that you see that aren't really into each other officially? Maybe a yaoi or yuri couple, or just some people who are friends, but not really a couple. Have fun with it, but be sure to put in the description that this is the category you're going for.
1 entries

Best Comic - (prize tba)
The person who does the best comic strip will have their comic posted on our site one week as a guest comic
1 entries

Pierat's Birthday Prize User Image
3 entries

Christmas+New Years Prize User Image
11 entries

Halloween Prize User Image

Collideoscope Prize User Image
This super-special prize is reserved for someone who goes above and beyond normal art contest standards. Judging is based on quantity, accuracy, and quality of entries. To be elligible, you must draw each character at least once, and have submitted at least 3 entries individually (so for the minimum you could draw 4 in each picture)

Ben's Choice:This goes to a piece that Ben personally thought deserved it. Maybe it was really good but didn't happen to win anything else, maybe it was a category we didn't think of but wanted to add after he saw the entry. This prize is a secret until the awards ceremony.

DuCiel's Choice: This goes to a piece that DuCiel personally thought deserved it. Maybe it was really good but didn't happen to win anything else, maybe it was a category we didn't think of but wanted to add after she saw the entry. This prize is a secret until the awards ceremony.

Entries Can Be Found Here
To enter, send the entry form with your entry to mint-cloud

[b]Entry Form[/b]
Username:
Character(s):
A short explanation:
Entry:
Links In
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/collideoscope-v-2-second-annual-contest/t.54028243/][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/bribble/blondieXD-1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/collideoscope-v-2-second-annual-contest/t.54028243/][img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/MiszDevil666/LETSMAKEART.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/collideoscope-v-2-second-annual-contest/t.54028243/][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/bribble/xmas.jpg[/img][/url]

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
People! Exist!
Come to us

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bumps for you~
I'm currently real busy with school and stuff..
But, I like the characters, and this looks fun, so I might give it a try. ^_^
In the mean time, I shall stick around and give this place life. D:< It looks lonely! This, I cannot allow!
Bump~! <3
-ponders-
Who shall I draaaw...

Demonic Hunter

grab meh booty

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items