Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Greetings A/M/C,

It's been a while since I've seen a good thread discussing new series pertaining mecha so I decided to roll the ball and make one myself in the hope to get some nice discussions going.

Everything from:
• The characters
• The story
• The art
• What you like and don’t like
• What you love
• What you hate
• Ideas and theories

Please remember to abide by the Forum Guidelines and general Gaia ToS when replying to this thread, and keep in mind that there may be spoilers later on in the thread for who hasn't started watching the series.

Please keep in mind to use spoiler tags when posting spoilers for the benefit of not annoying people.
[spoiler]For those that don't know how to use spoiler tags, you do it like this

How I got into the series;
Well, I'm a fanatic when it comes to mecha and I've watched my fair share of mecha Anime in the past, currently closely following Knights of Sidonia and Captain Earth.

Will this be the savior of Modern Brave-type series? Who knows.

Discuss!

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
(Saving post for when I am less busy to reply better - short post for now, more later)

Loved the opening, looks good. Let's hope it gets some traction
Oh, you haven't got around to watching Daimidaler?

I've been lazy and haven't seen episode two of Captain Earth, but episode one was kinda boring outside of eye candy while the other two mecha shows of the seasons have been rather exciting from get-go. Dem tight suits though.

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
LegendaryRandomVIllager42

I've been lazy and haven't seen episode two of Captain Earth, but episode one was kinda boring outside of eye candy while the other two mecha shows of the seasons have been rather exciting from get-go. Dem tight suits though.

I watched the first episode of that but it had a bit too much fan service stuffed into it for my taste, but I may give it a honest try again when there are more episodes out.

I got some Brave vibes from the first and second episodes of Captain Earth which brought back a lot of Goldran, GaoGaiGar and Fighbird nostalgia.

I'm still wondering after all these years what Japan's obsession is with putting 14-year old MC's into billion-dollar equipment while they have no idea what they're doing.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Haven't seen it, not a mech fan. Enjoy your thread.
SoundBlast

I watched the first episode of that but it had a bit too much fan service stuffed into it for my taste, but I may give it a honest try again when there are more episodes out.

I got some Brave vibes from the first and second episodes of Captain Earth which brought back a lot of Goldran, GaoGaiGar and Fighbird nostalgia.

I'm still wondering after all these years what Japan's obsession is with putting 14-year old MC's into billion-dollar equipment while they have no idea what they're doing.

Daimidaler is combination of Highschool DxD (same artists, seiyuus, publisher, etc) and Mazinger Z (direct inspiration, draws content heavily from it.) with homage to other older mecha works (Masaaki Endou for example sings the OP, very similar to GaoGaiGar), the whole ecchi is just part of the ridiculous story that Daimidaler uncloses on us. I'd think this be something you'd love considering mentioned Goldran, GaiGaiGar, and Fightbird nostalgia.

I guess give it atleast the usual 3-episode rule and watch it non-seriously.

I am sure young MC has to do with target audience and purity, though mecha are more of a family shows though lol.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SoundBlast

Sometimes it turns out good like in Eureka Seven with Eureka...and Renton
(Although I couldn't stand his blubbering)

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Speaking of braves...

Gunnisberg
Speaking of braves...

That's pretty damn sexy, really love the head attachment. Time to catch up to episode two, gonna ask in advance; is the head a detachable fighter?

Kawaii Shounen

I'm not into mecha but this one seems worth it
I'll wait till more episodes come out
so I can watch it as a marathon
There still isn't much to discuss about the plot but I'm loving Daichi right now.

"I wanna show them my boomerang!"
Adults don't allow it.
10 years later
"I wanna show them my boomerang!"
Adults still don't allow it.
Show it anyways.

Also literally gave zero ******** when the authorities took his gun from him - he just went ahead and attempted to summon it again.

And then he uses it to blow up buildings.

Looking forward to seeing what's coming up in future episodes with glasses/not-Yamakan, married seiyuu Team Rocket, SPACE LIBIDO, and more orgasmic gattai sequences. Seems like it'll be a fun ride.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gunnisberg
Speaking of braves...

Did I see that right?
The little one went into the butt of the jet and then that went into the chest then the head?
Is that hole protected?
The pilot is in the little mech right?
So confused
I don't know if I want to watch this or not...

Newbie Noob

Ep 3 was the best Ep thus far... I'm definitely looking forward to what this show has in store next for us

I have a theory
Teppei and the girl I believe were somehow transmitting distress signals to the T-Gang to save them, but now that their old friend is back plans have went in another direction.

Generous Player

6,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Watching it, loved the art style
but i kinda dislike the plot... 3 episode rule i guess (currently on episode 2)

Newbie Noob

Jelly The Joker
Watching it, loved the art style
but i kinda dislike the plot... 3 episode rule i guess (currently on episode 2)

I didn't like the 2nd ep either cause I thought they were preparing on dragging out the series to a certain eventual fight. In the 3rd ep they get it out the way and it's like the story is starting anew.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff