Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Treasure

User Image

--------------------------Well Hello Again --------------------------
woah hi hey wow. I've been gone for four years. Oops.
Maybe I should start this again. I'll have to cut out all of the old resource threads and.. spruce it up a bit, I suppose. But I've been having trouble getting back into the swing of things, and maybe this'd be a good place to start?
Come in and say hello and possibly help bring an old-school newbie up to speed.

now back to the original:

tl;dr
Bumps are boring!
Take the quiz, play some games, meet some people, achieve some things!
Leave your links for assistance! Take advantage of the resources below!
Then use all that gold you got from posting to buy stuff in my store!

I think this thread needs a fun poll. What should it be? Leave your suggestions below!
(Also feel free to suggest more questions! Or more games! And alert me of any typos. >>; )

Bumps are boring!
You're really going to post 'bump' ten thousand times? You're going to leave six hundred sixty six pages of emoticon after emoticon? You have at your fingertips this great big beautiful resource that connects you to hundreds of thousands of other people and all you're going to say to them is 'bump'? That is going to be the mark you leave on the internet?

No. You're better than that. You're not made of bumps! You're a whole person, with interests and goals and creative ideas! Don't you want to share a little bit of that with the world? The internet is about connection! And frankly, those ten thousand posts are going to go by a hell of a lot faster if you're having fun posting them! But I know, I know. Meeting people is hard. Starting conversations can be tricky. What do you say to someone beyond 'hello'? What if you find out you don't have anything in common? Well, hopefully, this thread will help you out.

The idea here is that you answer these questions or play a few games, and somewhere in between you posting your thoughts and other people posting their thoughts, someone is going to have a thought that they want to you to know about. They agree with you that cheesecake ice cream is an abomination, they quote you to say as much, you launch into a rant about ice cream flavors and in the process discover that you have other things in common, and now you're not only a hundred posts closer to your ten thousand, but you've made a new friend, and you both play some games and talk about stuff and then one day, that little sparkly orange thing shows up and you've achieved the status of Elocutionist, and the best part is, you don't feel like you've wasted your time doing it, because you were having fun, not bumping out of boredom.

I want to encourage the spirit of the internet! Conversation! Connection! Hell, that's the whole point of the Gaia Universe! And I know that sometimes that requires a little incentive. So, I will not be tipping bumps. I will be offering tips to particularly great quiz answers, stories, game entries, or conversation-starters, and maybe, just maybe, you'll win a prize? (I'm kind of broke, and trying to start a quest at the same time. But I'm thinking maybe random gifts of 5k or so to worthy posters? That number will go up if this goes well, or perhaps if someone is willing to donate a more appealing prize for a more organized contest later on.)

SO. Answer the questions in the spoilers below! The Dailies section contains things you might be able to answer on a daily basis, so that you can continue making progress toward Elocutionist every day! I will be adding to all sections as I think of things. Please, please do feel free to suggest more questions, prompts, games or poll topics! I will try to read every post here, but quote me to be doubly sure I see it, or PM me with suggestions, questions, concerns, random thoughts, love notes, anything!

(And my endless gratitude to Her Pernicious Malevolence Naofa Racht, Harbinger of Eternal Suffering and Subjugator of Empires, for the lovely art! The page was really lacking without it. Go and pay her your compliments.)

Favorites
(These are more fun if you tell us why.) NO COPPING OUT with "I don't have one" or "I can't decide~". That's no fun at all! At least give us some options!
1. Favorite quotation!
2. Favorite song!
3. Favorite flavor of ice cream!
4. Favorite musical artist!
5. Favorite visual artist!
6. Favorite movie!
7. Favorite language!
8. Least favorite movie!
9. Least favorite language!
10. Favorite super power!
11. Favorite Shakespeare play!
12. Favorite philosopher!
13. Favorite author!
14. Favorite book!
15. Favorite poem!
16. Favorite bit of trivia!
17. Favorite season!
18. Favorite day of the week!
19. Favorite hour of the day!
20. Least favorite hour of the day!
21. Favorite celestial body!
22. Favorite subject!
23. Favorite plant!
24. Favorite animal!
25. Favorite font!
26. Favorite word!
27. Least favorite word!

About You
1. Age
2. Height
3. Gender identity
4. Element with which you most closely identify. Why?
5. When you were five, you wanted to grow up to be a...?
6. When you were 12, you wanted to grow up to be a...?
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
8. Where do you see yourself in thirty years?
9. The world needs a little more _________.
10. And could do with a little less _________.
11. What is your greatest fear?
12. What is your greatest strength?
13. What is your greatest weakness?
14. What is the most important item on your bucket list?
15. From where do you draw your strength?
16. Who is your hero?
17. Do you have a pet? If no, would you like one? What kind?
18. Your motto
19. Your theme song
20. Do you speak more than one language? If so, how many? What are they?
21. In any given social situation, your role is most often....? (Eg, to lead, to follow, to keep the peace, to dispense sagely wisdom...)
22. Share with us one (or more) of your many talents.
23. Share with us a talent you wish you had.
24. Would you like to be famous? Why or why not? (Or, do you like being famous?)
25. Do you have any regrets?
26. Do you collect anything?
27. Your fondest memory?
28. Your most embarrassing moment?
29. Your greatest accomplishment?
30. The three traits which define you most completely?
31. Describe your handwriting.
32. Do you prefer paper books or ebooks?
33. Do you procrastinate?
34. Do you prefer well-planned vacations, or do you just show up and go from there?
35. Do you perform well under pressure?
36. Are you a good loser?
37. Do you have trouble relinquishing control or leadership positions to others?
38. One a scale of one to ten, one being "My life is the aftermath of a major tsunami" and ten being "I own that cutting board that has graph lines on it so that I can cook perfectly", how neat are you?
39. How do you feel about pirated media?
40. What is your most obscure hobby?
41. What is your worst habit?
42. What is the meaning of your life?
43. Describe your dream house.
44. Do you like driving?
45. Do you know how to swim?
46. Pen, pencil, typewriter...?
47. Who has had the greatest influence on your personality?
48. Who has had the greatest influence on the direction of your life?
49. Describe your best teacher.
50. Describe your worst teacher.
51. Do you have any dietary restrictions? If yes, are they self-imposed?
52. Describe your most life-changing experience.
53. Do you make friends easily?
54. Do you lie?
55. Would you describe yourself as manipulative?
56. How important to you is romantic love?
57. How do you cope with stress?
58. Do you consider yourself "high-strung" or "tightly wound", or would you say you're more relaxed?
59. What was your favorite toy as a child?
60. What is your favorite toy now?
61. Do you like children?
62. Do you/Did you connect well with your parents?
63. Do people often come to you for help?
64. How would you describe your gait?
65. What color are your eyes?

Hypotheticals
1. If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
2. If you were given one million dollars, in cash, tax free, tomorrow, with the stipulation that you had to spend it all in one week, what would you do with it?
3. If you could instantly obtain expert-level knowledge of one thing, right now, what would it be and why?
4. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? Why or why not? (If so, what would it be?)
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, but still be as close to/far from family/friends/work as you like, where would you go?
6. You just got shoved randomly onto the stage of a talent show! Quick! What do you do?!

Geekery
1. Your Hogwarts house. (If you choose your official Pottermore sorting, does it suit you? Why or why not?)
2. Your wand. (As above, does it suit you? Why or why not?)
3. If you could run away with the doctor, where and when would you go and why?
4. Which doctor?
5. Your place of birth in Middle Earth?
6. Your favorite Star Wars planet?
7. Your favorite Star Wars movie?
8. Your favorite Star Trek series?
9. Your favorite Star Trek episode?
10. Your favorite incarnation of Sherlock Holmes?
11. Your OTP?
12. Subbed or dubbed?
13. Describe your crazy ridiculous physics-defying anime-esque weapon of choice.
14. If you lived in a popular fandom, which would it be and why?
15.Do you write fanfiction?

Dailies
1. Something that you learned today
2. The song currently stuck in your head
3. Today's weather
4. Your current craving
5. Something you accomplished today
6. Something you should have accomplished today, but didn't
7. Your breakfast
8. The most expensive (IRL) item you've touched today
9. The last non-musical sound you heard
10. The dream you had last night (Or the dream you wish you had)
11. Have you flossed today?

Still bored?
1. Repeat the quiz from the point of view of your ten-year-old self!
2. Repeat the quiz from the point-of-view of your ninety-year-old self!
3. Repeat the quiz from the point-of-view of your OC!
4. Repeat the quiz from the point of view of your favorite fictional character!
5. Repeat the quiz from the point of view of your least favorite fictional character!
6. Send me your junk!
7. Draw me (or my OCs)!
8. Write me a poem!
9. Write me a song!
10. Write me a story with the prompts below!
11. Make pretty graphics for this thread!
12. Post some of your favorite quotes!
13. Teach us something! Go to Wikipedia, click "Random Article" until you land on something interesting, skimread it, and choose an interesting fact to share with the class!
14. Introduce us to your favorite, most under-appreciated music!
15. Ask me anything! I will answer honestly!

Prompts!
Visit Prompt Me! Or, generate a random number, and write a short story/microfiction using the associated five words. Not enough? Write a longer story using one set of words per paragraph! Add a paragraph/chapter a day! Roll several 10-sided dice and use one number per paragraph! For added challenge, use the words in the order they are given!
1. conscientious; morgue; interdict; gallows; pore
2. morbid; dishearten; avert; jibe; collation
3. scheme; checkered; antipathy; crescendo; verve
4. obtuse; incredulous; eugenic; capacious; blunt
5. tantalize; carafe; innuendo; fake; obviate
6. resurge; acetic; verisimilar; smattering; irresolute
7. mediate; mellifluous; bugaboo; dislodge; forestall
8. bravado; rivet; volition; trough; foster
9. cavil; unconscionable; catcall; welter; putative
10. license; paste; malady; deserts; spatula

Games!
- Write an alliterative sentence! Choose a letter of the alphabet, generate a number between 1 and 26, or use the last letter of the post above you, and write a sentence in which every word begins with that same letter. Try to make the sentence as long as you can! Eg Alex asked Anderson about Andy's absolutely awesome apartment.
- Choose a word in the post above you, or use the username for the poster above you, and construct a sentence in which each word begins with the next letter of the base word. Eg for "apple", Apple Pie Precludes Layered Eclairs. (Except, you know, try to make it make sense.) Challenge the next poster with another word!
- Start a Round Robin game with one of the prompts above! Write a sentence using one prompt word, and ask subsequent posters to add to the story with one sentence using the next word, and so on. Quote each other so we can follow the story!
- Suggest a game!

I am always stunned by how incredibly generous everyone in the Achievements forum is, and I would like to continue in that tradition. Leave me your links! I shall do all I can. With regards to the Avatar Achievements (eg Prayer Circle, Nudist Colony...), I am unwilling to change this avatar, however I can always send in my mule (you're out of luck for Sausage Fest, unless you buy the potions), and you are quite welcome to advertise here!

I am also considering getting into alchemy, partly for fun, and partly for those achievements. Consider handing off all of your unwanted junk!
Help is much appreciated and always reciprocated!

Particularly Great Resources
I ❤ Achievements - A particularly useful resource for all achievements.
Day Dream Walker - Need Tooth Fairy, Somebody Likes You, Generous, Risky Lifestyle, Brandisher, Team Jacob, Team Edward, Mark Twain, Clambake, The Perfect Setup, Befriended, Flatterer, or Bidding War? Go see her.
Sign this for adjective-only titles!

Special thanks to
JaddziaDax - Stabby McDoom - DarkRybrin - Veelana - Tarclis - Day Dream Walker - TonyBrass - Moonage Daydreams - dark meion gashe - Quiet Daydreamer

Trophy Case

Forum Achievements
Elocutionist - 2822/10,000 posts

Other Achievements Mostly things I am too shy or too lazy to do.
Conventioneer - Redeem convention code (obtained from some generous soul who actually goes to conventions)
Guildmember - Join a guild
Ultimate Player - Have at least 50 friends, with at least 25 being male ( 16/8 ) (Does this still exist..?)

Perfect Attendance - Log in 180 consecutive days (8/90 - what is up with the way this is counted??)
Happy Birthday! - Log in on your birthday
do not use! - glitch????

Achieved!
Millionaire | Tycoon | The Perfect Setup | Flatterer | Popular Thread | Mega Tipsy | Big Tipper | Clambake | Lavish Tipper | Super Tipsy | Gender Swap | Sausage Fest | Nudist Colony | Prayer Circle | Generous | Swap Meet | Hive Mind | Invisibility | Forum Junior | Inquisitor | Threadmaster | Tooth Fairy | Noob Wrangler | Mark Twain | Junior Trader | Wall Street | Profitable | Money Never Sleeps | Entrepreneur | Bidding War | Overstocked | Mega Thread | Firestarter | Loiterer | Destroyer of Cuteness | Thread Flip | Cuteness | Streaker | Cat Fancier | The Wolf Within | Unleash the Beast | Doggone It! | Little Bunny Foo Foo | Distrustful Officer | Rally Tyro | The Committee Staff | nuGen Staff | Marathon | Protector of Cuteness | Alchemy Level 1 | Risky Lifestyle | Brandisher | Informer | Team Edward | Team Jacob | Hygienic | Trader | Market Browser | Consumer | Full Closet | Citizen | Autobiographer | Person of Interest | Signature Look | Statustician | Somebody Likes You | Timid | Partygoer | Love Machine | Object of Affection | Tipsy | Bunny Hunter | Bunny Spotter | Befriended | V-Day 2011 Event | Friendly | Cats vs Dogs | Conversationalist | Dressed Up | Forum Dabbler | Forum Sophomore | Forum Regular | First Step to Fame | Contributor | Voter | Peoplewatcher | Forum Explorer | Window Shopper | Cart Raider | Treasure Hunter | Member | Gaian

Still bored? check out my art requests!

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
heart heart heart
User Image

User Image
GPX Party Egg

Questionable Treasure

JaddziaDax

You came! Before I even put the link in the other thread! <3 Do you have a thread you'd like me to advertise in the Special Thanks section? I'd really like to repay you for your tireless efforts on my part.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
Siphoviridae
JaddziaDax

You came! Before I even put the link in the other thread! <3 Do you have a thread you'd like me to advertise in the Special Thanks section? I'd really like to repay you for your tireless efforts on my part.

Nope, I have all my achievements cept for attendance ones, no stress. biggrin
I tend to browse the first page so If I see a post I haven't been on (rated) I usually try to read and help out and bump. It gives me something to do while I booty-grab biggrin

Lonely Lunatic

16,500 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Doggone It! 100

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
heart heart heart
User Image

User Image
GPX Party Egg

Questionable Treasure

JaddziaDax
I tend to browse the first page so If I see a post I haven't been on (rated) I usually try to read and help out and bump. It gives me something to do while I booty-grab biggrin

Well then, I certainly appreciate the help! If you have anything else going on that you want advertised, then please do let me know!

Golden Gaian

12,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Helping ^_^

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
Siphoviridae
JaddziaDax

Well then, I certainly appreciate the help! If you have anything else going on that you want advertised, then please do let me know!

sure no problem and good luck XD

Questionable Treasure

iGoober
Helping ^_^

And thanks again~!

Tasty Kitten

Shirtless Lunatic

Tasty Kitten

Tasty Kitten

Newbie Vampire

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200