Welcome to Gaia! ::

Master

Morigerus
User Image
User Image
✦ to dream the impossible dream ✦

User Image
"hmm... how should I simplify this..." I paused thinking to myself to where I should begin. The webs of memories beginning to unravel in my thoughts. "That day..." I paused uncertain if I should continue my gaze from my glass adverted from the brew to my intriguing fellow beside me. I began again"That day... for how long I do not know when the exact time and date of the occurrence, but I am currently looking for someone." My gaze changed back to looking down upon my bubbling drink as I took another sip. "You see I am already dead..." I paused a brief moment to let the words sink into reality. "I am trying to find my past and whom killed me for me to pass on to the next world." My gaze retruned upon the demon next to me. "It get's complicated from there..." I point out as almost talking to myself reassuring myself that I cannot and will not give up from my long journey.
User Image

Dangerous Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Azixe

We are born to die...

"You're a phantom-?" Morigerus raised his eyebrow in surprised -if just barely concealed- glee. Murder mysteries have always had a... fond place in his heart.
"I would not have guessed, considering your...tangibility." he motioned absently with his free hand. Frowning to express concern.

...and nothing more

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image xxxUser Image

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxAfter all that has transpired, the wizard reconstructed their tragedy. It will be as if none of this ever happened – the brevity of it all! – they hadn’t even spoken more than a few sentences to each other. Dorian seated himself, defeated, away from the group, and Sybil, a mere spectator throughout, wavered beside him.

“…shall we expect to find ourselves returned to our dreary existences?"
                              “Oh, my prince…not entirely dreary,” she replied, gazing into the infinite, “we needn’t turn the page; we can stay on that very chapter, when you loved me – and I, you.” She said.

████ ██xxxOOC:
      This was so fun, I can't thank you enough! Trying to wrap up.

User Image

Robayn

Dorian sighed, leaned back on his elbows, and watched as his book pages appeared and joined the rest. They were repaired so quickly, so simply, that he almost felt a fool for thinking that it could have been any other way. Almost.

Turning away from Merlin and the rest he smoothed his rumpled clothes. The Beast had nearly torn them, the uncivilized animal. He brushed the hair back from his face as well, recovering his composure, and then faced Merlin. Slowly at first, Dorian began clapping, "Well done, well done, old man." He sneered, "Congratulations to you all."

He had nothing for contempt for all of them, nothing was hiding that from his voice now. Finding a comfortable seat away from all of them, Dorian seated himself. "So when shall we expect to find ourselves returned to our dreary existences?"

Thank you to all the guests for attending this year's Annual Ball!
            It always seems to end too soon, doesn't ?

Congratulations to all the contest winners! Please allow up to one day for all the prizes to be sent for some of the hosts have gone beddie-bye~

Feel free to continue RPing in this forum as long as it is open, I know some of the hosts plan to!
            *cough* Dorian *cough*
            He just won't take a hint.

If you REALLY liked the ball and think you want to join the next one then check out the planning guild here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/12th-annual-user-run-ball/g.409677/

We are currently nominating a new Main Host (you can't pick me, I'm a mule account - neener neener) and RP themes for next year. Give us your thoughts!

Thank you again everyone, we couldn't have done this without you!

Dangerous Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Annual Ball

Feel free to continue RPing in this forum as long as it is open, I know some of the hosts plan to!
            *cough* Dorian *cough*
            He just won't take a hint.

We are born to die...

OOC: excellent. Gaia is, after all, an escape from our daily stories. Not even Merlin can stop us from our retreats anymore than anyone else. ^_^

...and nothing more

Ruthless Raider

22,250 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle Hardened 150
*All around this seemingly out-of-the-place fella, vice and lust are claiming control over them hosts. Actually, he's no different, as he is taken by his insatiable hunger for new experiences. To try, taste and feel all the things he was never able to, before.
So, here he is, his notebook almost full of his precious findings, collected among all the possible places where he been. Places in wich the strange, recent phenomena, spread whimsical and fantastic creatures from books into reality.*

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
User ImageUser Image

Dark mood growing even darker, Dorian glowered under the mocking of the woman Yuzu. Who was she to mock he? He was doing something with his life, he was trying to take control of it, was he to be mocked for wanting more?

Everyone wanted more, everyone woke up in the morning with the desire for something; Dorian sought out what he wanted, he took it and if he could not have it he found a way to make it his.

She said she pitied him but he could feel the falsity of those words. She no more pitied him than she did that frivolous musketeer, he who could not help but stick his awful, french-inherited nose into Dorian's perfect plans. All of them seemed just fine with this turn of events. Just common. They were the pathetic ones. They clearly wanted more than what the confines of their stories allowed but which of them had truly reached for it?

"“we needn’t turn the page; we can stay on that very chapter, when you loved me – and I, you.”

Dorian's thoughts faded away. She was still here then, his ghost, his vision. "Are you haunting me Sybil?" He asked. He hated himself for how she made him feel, for causing this reaction. He was above this, he knew he was, but how then could he be made to feel this way again after so long.

Eternal Rebellion
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/Eternal-Rebellion/RP_zps28c9fee5.png xxxhttp://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/Eternal-Rebellion/SybilVane_zps22e9bae2.png

xxxAfter all that has transpired, the wizard reconstructed their tragedy. It will be as if none of this ever happened – the brevity of it all! – they hadn’t even spoken more than a few sentences to each other. Dorian seated himself, defeated, away from the group, and Sybil, a mere spectator throughout, wavered beside him.

“…shall we expect to find ourselves returned to our dreary existences?"
                              “Oh, my prince…not entirely dreary,” she replied, gazing into the infinite, “we needn’t turn the page; we can stay on that very chapter, when you loved me – and I, you.” She said.

████ ██xxxOOC: This was so fun, I can't thank you enough! Trying to wrap up.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/Eternal-Rebellion/SybilFooter_zps069bd4c7.png

Robayn

Dorian sighed, leaned back on his elbows, and watched as his book pages appeared and joined the rest. They were repaired so quickly, so simply, that he almost felt a fool for thinking that it could have been any other way. Almost.

Turning away from Merlin and the rest he smoothed his rumpled clothes. The Beast had nearly torn them, the uncivilized animal. He brushed the hair back from his face as well, recovering his composure, and then faced Merlin. Slowly at first, Dorian began clapping, "Well done, well done, old man." He sneered, "Congratulations to you all."

He had nothing for contempt for all of them, nothing was hiding that from his voice now. Finding a comfortable seat away from all of them, Dorian seated himself. "So when shall we expect to find ourselves returned to our dreary existences?"

Ruthless Raider

22,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle Hardened 150
*New smells. New tastes. New flavors.
All around him. Everywhere. In the very air he was breathing. Feeling the air coming to and from his lungs, even that was a wondrous experience for him.
He opened his sketchbook with a sigh. So, it was finally over, wasn't it? He knew his time was coming. He just knew. After all he experienced, he now just wished he had more time... and a bigger notebook. Maybe a notepad?*
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Merlin returned to the most difficult room he had been to. He had yet to repair his own book, not because he was reluctant to leave but because he had one more thing to do before he was done.

"Ah," He said, "There you are. You are the last, aren't you?" He asked.

He spoke to a portly man with light brown hair and glasses. He was no mere man, however. Merlin knew better.

tab tab tab tab tab using my magic to protect and guide the world I knew.
                                                        User Image

Thorz
*All around this seemingly out-of-the-place fella, vice and lust are claiming control over them hosts. Actually, he's no different, as he is taken by his insatiable hunger for new experiences. To try, taste and feel all the things he was never able to, before.
So, here he is, his notebook almost full of his precious findings, collected among all the possible places where he been. Places in wich the strange, recent phenomena, spread whimsical and fantastic creatures from books into reality.*

Ruthless Raider

22,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle Hardened 150
Annual Ball
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Merlin returned to the most difficult room he had been to. He had yet to repair his own book, not because he was reluctant to leave but because he had one more thing to do before he was done.

He spoke to a portly man with light brown hair and glasses. He was no mere man, however. Merlin knew better.

User Image

*Larry didn't say a word. Just by looking at the strange, though imponent looking, old man in front of him, he knew it was the time. He was ready. He didn't want to depart, but he knew it was just a rule of life. And his already lasted longer than it would, before the magic happened...

In a moment, little more did he knew than eating. Feasting without a second thought. In another moment he had a conscience. And a body that goes with it. A human-shaped, young male, with a big belly and goofy teeth. He realize this new body was all he needed to use this newly-acqured conscience to experience the world in a way he never was able to. In a way he neve even imagined. Because even the act of imagining he wasn't able to, before.*

Life... is a wonderfull thing, isn't it? I mean, life for those who are able to think, to imagine, to feel... It makes me sad to realize how much they got, how much they are able to... and how litle they appreciate it. Maybe it takes someone... no, something so... "little" just like me, to realize this. I'm glad I had this experience. I was able to learn so much!

OOC: do your magic anytime, just one more piece and I'm done here ^^
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Merlin was not unkindly as he listened to the boy, looking very out of place in this place of all places. But, as he spoke, the wizard thought that perhaps it was not so out of place as it appeared. He craved things, much as he must have before all of... well, this. This room had catered to those and now it catered to the boy, no, the bookworm.

"Yes," Merlin agreed, "Life is a very special thing." The old man approached the boy and laid a hand gently on his shoulder. "For such a 'little' thing you have a large heart. You are lucky to have gotten this opportunity. Of all your kind you are likely the only one."

He appreciated the spirit in this one and this spell, just this one, was the hardest for Merlin to cast. This creature was sweet and innocent, it could have learned much in this form, but it was not meant to be. Perhaps he could still have a kinder fate.

Closing his eyes, Merlin felt the magic surrounding the worm in this form and released it, dispersing it back to the old world of Gaia from where it had come from.

User Image

Thorz
Annual Ball
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/robayn/MERLINposting-1_zpsdd133e9a.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/robayn/MERLINposting-2_zps824a4536.png
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/robayn/MERLINposting-3_zpseff594a0.png

*Larry didn't say a word. Just by looking at the strange, though imponent looking, old man in front of him, he knew it was the time. He was ready. He didn't want to depart, but he knew it was just a rule of life. And his already lasted longer than it would, before the magic happened...

In a moment, little more did he knew than eating. Feasting without a second thought. In another moment he had a conscience. And a body that goes with it. A human-shaped, young male, with a big belly and goofy teeth. He realize this new body was all he needed to use this newly-acqured conscience to experience the world in a way he never was able to. In a way he neve even imagined. Because even the act of imagining he wasn't able to, before.*

Life... is a wonderfull thing, isn't it? I mean, life for those who are able to think, to imagine, to feel... It makes me sad to realize how much they got, how much they are able to... and how litle they appreciate it. Maybe it takes someone... no, something so... "little" just like me, to realize this. I'm glad I had this experience. I was able to learn so much!

OOC: do your magic anytime, just one more piece and I'm done here ^^

Ruthless Raider

22,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle Hardened 150
Annual Ball
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Merlin was not unkindly as he listened to the boy, looking very out of place in this place of all places. But, as he spoke, the wizard thought that perhaps it was not so out of place as it appeared. He craved things, much as he must have before all of... well, this. This room had catered to those and now it catered to the boy, no, the bookworm.

"Yes," Merlin agreed, "Life is a very special thing." The old man approached the boy and laid a hand gently on his shoulder. "For such a 'little' thing you have a large heart. You are lucky to have gotten this opportunity. Of all your kind you are likely the only one."

He appreciated the spirit in this one and this spell, just this one, was the hardest for Merlin to cast. This creature was sweet and innocent, it could have learned much in this form, but it was not meant to be. Perhaps he could still have a kinder fate.

Closing his eyes, Merlin felt the magic surrounding the worm in this form and released it, dispersing it back to the old world of Gaia from where it had come from.

*A small tear roled from behind his glasses. His sight blurred, he looked at his notebook. He poped open his pen and gave it a final scratch: his signature and a date. He landed carefully the notebook at the ground, open, and kneeled over it. He cleared his eyes with the back of his hand and put his glasses on a pocket of his pants.*

Do it. Just do. I'm ready.

*As magic circled and whirled around Larry, he diminished in size, drastically. His clothes became dust, and a smell, as of old papers.. -no, the scent of old books?- took the air, while Larry returned to his original, true self, for the astounishing surprise of every single person watching.
User Image

He was a bookworm. Just a small bookworm, now plump an big, bigger than any other ever seen, but yet, just a bookworm. It seemed to stand still for a moment, as if dissatisfied of not being able to have feet anymore. Then, it just moved to the edge of the notebook... and started eating the pages. All the notes he collected diligently about this own amusement, about his experiences as a "person", about all he saw, smelled, tasted and touched... he was, literally -pun intended- feasting on it. And for amoment... some could say it was glad. Or maybe some just wanted to believe in that.*

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image xxxUser Image

xxx Evening light from the long, arched window broke in spears on the floor. The sky grew darker, as with the atmosphere of the room. In the silence, Sybil gazed at Dorian; his back against lofty velvet, fingers resting on its plush arm. Sorrow encompassed her features, subtlety; she’d realized that her time with Dorian is fleeting.

"Are you haunting me Sybil?" At this, she laughed – her heart longed to stay.
                              “I’m hardly worth anything as a living, breathing soul,” she began, “if I were a ghost I’d be…” the remaining words trail off into a great expanse of emptiness. She wanted, desperately, to stay with him: flesh or soul.

████ ██xxxOOC:
      Will this still be open tomorrow evening? If not, I'll finish it with you via PM. heart
      Robayn

User Image

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User ImageUser Image

((ooc: since I am heading to bed & won't be able to visit tomorrow morning before work, I wanted to say goodbye now.

Thank you everyone, I had such a fun time! And thank you for being understanding with my slowness, computer issues & noobness. I hope to see you all again soon!))

Also I wanted to use my lovely post style one last time ;x
Janus had left earlier to speak at length with Bahamut, and once again missed so much in the intervining hours. The party was coming to a close, the grand plot past its conclusion. Her participation had been so brief, but enjoyable. Though there was one thing she regreted; letting the chance to dance, or even chat, with the infamous Dorian Grey pass her by. He really did reminder her of a man she knew once, even loved for a time before things went sideways and they tried to kill each other. No matter how many times they crossed after that, the effort never did see any results.

So it was with a selfish and likely misplaced whim, that she returned to the speakeasy so late into the night. There was little chance he was still there, less that she might get her way. But these past three days had been a tale of selfish desires after all, and there was always a chance. "Dorian," she called, and corrected her forwardness in hopes that politeness might help, "Mr. Grey?"

((OOC: Sorry for the hour. If I can't catch you tonight guess this will be it, 'cause I doubt I'll be around before this forum closes tomorrow. Had fun either way. 3nodding ))

Robayn

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces