Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
If you met the daughter of a false teacher...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"They will gather around them [...] teachers to say...
  what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Tim. 4:3b)
View Results

Silently Conscious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:15 pm
... what would you do? Would you point out at the false doctrines that her father preaches? Would you invite her to your church? Would you go to her house and talk to her father about his errors? Would you "correct and rebuke" as the Scriptures says? What would be your attitude?

These are questions I've come up with after "meeting" the daughter of a false teacher. I haven't done any of these things, because I first want some orientation on what should my behavior be. I want to get some advice from the people in my church, but would as well like to hear your views on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:44 am
Depends.

First, find out exactly what her father's beliefs are. Read the Bible verses in question yourself (Assuming her father leads a sect or cult of Christianity), check up on the background of those verses, read through some experts' opinions on those verses, make sure the beliefs are either true or false. Don't simply take what you have been taught your whole life for granted, that's an appeal to tradition and illogical. If you cannot decide whether her father's beliefs are true or false, do not even bring up the subject; you may be wrong, and where will that leave you?

Next, we split up into two different paths. If her father's beliefs are CORRECT then go to her father, ask him for more explanations and have him teach you, still following the instructions given above.

If her father's beliefs are INCORRECT, then don't bring up the subject with her unless she brings it up with you. You should remain her friend, and if the opportunity rises, invite her to your church. You should remain ready for her to bring up the subject; study the areas of discussion and make sure you can remain logical and rational when bringing up points. This only applies if she believes her father is correct. However, if she still doesn't agree with you, don't push the subject, but remain her friend. Read Romans 14.  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

`Kel`

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:49 am
Whatever you descision is be ready to back your view up quickly with scripture. If you seem like you dont know what your talking about your view wont be taken seriously. Keep in mind that it may not be respected anyway from niether of them. Study Study Study It never hurts to try, but keep in mind we are to love them regardless of what they do or believe.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:39 am
Personally, I'd invite her to church. Let her experience what you believe, without you making a direct hit at her father, which may draw her away. Let her decide what she believes after it all. 3nodding  

[~Jesus.Freak~]

rftkfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Silently Conscious
... what would you do? Would you point out at the false doctrines that her father preaches? Would you invite her to your church? Would you go to her house and talk to her father about his errors? Would you "correct and rebuke" as the Scriptures says? What would be your attitude?

These are questions I've come up with after "meeting" the daughter of a false teacher. I haven't done any of these things, because I first want some orientation on what should my behavior be. I want to get some advice from the people in my church, but would as well like to hear your views on this.
The bad part is you can do nothing. If you interfer in a parent rasing their child You would be looking for a fight. I hate the teaching of false doctrine but you can not interfer.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games