Submit

High school labeling...
  is bad and untrue!
  does make sense sometimes...
  SHUT UP EMO! D=<
View Results

Skizzors

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:46 pm
Everyone in my school who knows me thinks I'm a raging psycho. XD I once burst out laughing after clicking open a pen. I don't know why, but it's not something I usually do, I promise.

But.. nothing really freaked them out more than my admission that I actually LIKE history. xp  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:54 pm
i have too many labels so it's hard for people to label me. ^_^ I hang out with everybody pretty much.

punk, jock, geek, photographer, artist, writer, historian, pirate, worker, musician, city kid, non-smoker, non-drinker, non-drug doer, irish, minnesotan, etc.

my college does have a problem with labelling because it's out in the middle of nowhere somewhere in wisconsin and pretty much everyone looks the same. sad

My high school had labels but they weren't a problem. The emo kids dated the preppy girls, the jock boys dated the jock girls, the cheerleaders were punks, the ghetto kids were anime geeks, and the theatre kids were the pretentious jerks who thought they ran the school...yeah we were kind of an odd place.  

oi-roisin-dubh

amsdia

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:27 am
Guess my school was/is a little odd, then. I didn't really experience labelling per se, but there was a whole lot of clique-ishness. The cliques weren't based on the labels you're talking about here - like emo or jock or whatever. It was more of a popular girls vs everyone else [yep, girls' school].

The uni I'm in at the moment... again, no labels, really. Or if they are, they're Singaporean labels that will probably not make much sense to most of you. *grins* Again, it's more of a popular kids and not-so-popular kids categorisation going on there. If you want to call that a label, I guess you can.

The real problem I had with labelling was an inter-school thing. People here tend to stereotype according to which school you come from. So I somehow, by dint of the school I was in, gained the reputation of being a stuck-up, elitist snob. My sister is apparently also an elitist, and some of my friends speak more Chinese than English. All entirely wrong, of course, but the labels persist. I figure people know that labelling others involves way too much generalising... but you're not going to personally know most of these people, so there's nothing wrong with doing that. <-- not something I hold with - I just think people think that.

Okay, shutting up now. .__.;

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:29 am
Hmm...Yeah, I've had labeling at every high school/middle school I've attended (shut up). I tend to see where all the preps sit, or the rockers, or the gangstas...I myself have been labeled many a time. My little brother sees me as an emo (though he's the one wearing my old skinny jeans and throwing crying tantrums) and gets all his little friends to follow me around acting like they're cutting their wrists :/. It's really annoying.

Then again, most people at my old high school saw me as laid beck, uncaring, and a rebel. All because I didn't turn in any classwork/homework. It's funny really.

But now school sux. I mean, how can you stereotype people if you can only hear their voice?! It's impossible! (for those of you who don't know, or didn't want to know, I'm homeschooled.)

smile  

Alphabet Whore

christine1137

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:58 pm
Do you label people?

Anybody who doesn't is a liar. Yeah, of course I do. I wish I didn't, but I do.

Does your school have a labeling issue?

In my opinion, no. We're normal.

Have you been a victim of labeling?

Who hasn't? I don't hear a lot of it, though. I don't talk a lot and my friends have finally reached an understanding that, if they pass on word of somebody saying s**t about me, in my mind it's just as bad as them saying it. Because, sadly, I do tend to "shoot the messenger". Not always, but still. And I've had my equivalent of The Talk with most of them: Where I tell them not to pass on negative s**t to me, because it doesn't do any good and only makes the two of us look like gossips.

Have you seen someone victimized by labeling?

...I called my friend's girlfriend a slut/whore to my friend's face. The girlfriend killed herself the next day. Everyone says it's unrelated, that she didn't know what I said, and I know that wasn't the main reason she did it (she was about to have to go live with her dad who raped her when she was five, her boyfriend was being an a**, her girlfriend/my friend was being dumb and not telling anyone when the girl cut herself, nobody really took her depression seriously, and the school didn't totally love her), but I don't believe it. The girl was a "sex addict"; 3-4 times a week with 4 different sexual partners that I know of.

I tend to categorize my friends, giving them labels or just mentally knowing them as their Devart/Gaia screennames, but I don't do it out loud. Though, sadly, "f**" (IN REFERENCE TO A GIRL, NO OFFENSE TO ANYBODY. I HAVE MY REASONS TO CALL HER SUCH. ALSO, SHE WAS THE FRIEND WITH THE GIRLFRIEND ABOVE. THAT IS NOT MY REASON FOR CALLING HER A f**. IT INVOLVES MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS AT MOLESTING ME.) and "otaku buddy" have accidentally leaked out a few times.  
Honeydew Syndrome

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff