Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Welcome Duellists of Gaia [Start here] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 am
User Image
Welcome duellists of Gaia to YDoG! For your convenience you can get to important forums and topics from the homepage by clicking on the cosponsoring portal. Introduce yourselves here and check out a few features not found from the homepage.

GUILD POLICY
To keep the peace we have a few rules. We are using a point system, you can see the points in front of each rule. After each offence that post will be deleted, you shall receive a warning and that many points to your record. After 3 points you will be banned. To keep it fair offences over a year old will be forgotten.

0. Be aware of and follow the TOS, the Rules & Guidelines and the GGR of Gaia Online. They cover most issues.
0. Don't repeat posts. Don't repeat your own or others posts if possible. Try to find a topic before posting it yourself and if you cannot find it on the first 2 pages you can post it even if it has been posted on a further page.
0. Post in the appropriate forum or topic. If you cannot find the appropriate subforum post in the main forum. Your topics will be moved instead of deleted where possible.
0. No advertising. Mainly, do not advertise other guilds. Your posts will be edited to remove the advertisement, or deleted.
1. Don't re-offend. If you re-offend with the same 0 point offence it may count as a 1 point offence.
1. No foul behaviour. No swearing, displacing inappropriate images or simply causing a disturbance with an insulting rant.
1. Respect all other members. No over emphasised insults. This means anything more than "You are a complete fool" or "I already knew about that".
2. Respect and follow the crew. Anyone insulting or arguing with a member of the crew may be given this offence by that crew member.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 am
Domino City General discussions belong here. Chat about anything you like as long as it has something to do with Yu-Gi-Oh!
Duellists A list of members in the Duelist League. Includes their ID, rank and tournament records.
FAQ The place for all questions about the guild.
Monster Spirits A collection of monster images you can use to advertise the guild.
Suggestions The place for all your suggestions about the guild.
Tournament Tales A collection of duellists tales about their memorable duels.
TCG Rulings If you have a card or game related question post it here and someone, if not everyone, will help to answer your question as fully as possible.
YGO News Whether you have found out some news or you want to check out this forum. You can post any news you've found, and we hope you do, or find out the latest news.
Upcoming Products Find out what is just around the corner.
YGO Computer Games Talk about your PSP, PS1, PS2, DS, GBA, Wii, X-Box 360, etc games here. Find help or even opponents.
Exodia Class Top of the crust, a national and SJC regular? Post here with others who think they are the best.
Test Coming soon...
Duel Arena It's time to duel! Find opponents here. You may even find a tournament.
Duelling Methods Instructions for the main methods for duelling online.
Tournaments Rules and guidelines for online tournaments.
Virtual World RP. Start up your own YuGiOh role play or join someone else's.
Articles Library Write or read an interesting article on anything to do with YuGiOh!
Deck Database Find a decklist or post your own decklist here and within moments hundreds of piranha will tear you to pieces. Please don't be offended by our more vicious members.
Media Room Find videos, images, music and more.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 am
THE CREW

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

CAPTAIN
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Hello duellists. I am the Captain so if you need any help, feel free to ask me. I'm here to make this the greatest guild ever and I will do my best to make that happen.
Feeling lucky, then challenge me to a duel and prepare to lose.
For those of you who think duellist is spelt incorrectly, I am using the English spelling not the American spelling.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:23 pm
Competition Square

We have a new subforum. As you may of noticed Duel Academy Building has gone and been replaced with Competiton Square. This is where you can create or take part in competitions for gold, items or just fun. All competitions need to have a link to Yu-Gi-Oh!  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:25 am
New Obelisk Blue House Leader

The new leader of the advanced Obelisk Blue House is burner6336. He has been promoted from normal crew to this position.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:16 pm
Monster Spirits

Now you can advertise YDoG with your favorite monster. Just to to the Media subforum and go to Monster Spirits to find yours! Or you could just click here.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:24 am
Judges:

We are issuing an errata for “Pulling the Rug”. The original Japanese card text was extremely vague (the sentence had no subject), and so the actual effect of the card was open to interpretation. A very liberal interpretation was finally decided for the effect, but this decision was unfortunately made after the card went to press.

Here’s the new text:

"Negate the activation and effect of an Effect Monster whose effect activated when a monster was Normal Summoned (even itself), and destroy that Effect Monster."

What this means is that “Pulling the Rug” can also be used to negate and destroy an Effect Monster with a Trigger Effect that activated when a monster was Normal Summoned, (King Tiger Wanghu, Mysterious Puppeteer, etc.) in addition to an Effect Monster whose own effect activated when it was Normal Summoned (Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, etc.).

Justin Reilly
Associate Game Designer
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG R&D
Upper Deck Entertainment

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:02 am
Hi I was wondering if the news I have been hearing about the Strike of Neos Secret rares is true or not, does U.S. have these cards and if so are they legal?

Specifically:
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
Neo-Parshath, the Sky Paladin
Meltiel, Sage of the Sky
Harvest Angel of Wisdom
Freya, Spirit of Victory
Nova Summoner
Radiant Jeral
Gellenduo
Aegis of Gaia

were these cards released?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

It is true. Secret rares have returned and Strike of Neos includes 9 of them. They are included in the set and became tournament legal for premier events on March 1, 2007.

---------------------------------------

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Destiny Hero - Rules Dude

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:04 am
I just wanted to get this cleared up in case any troubles arise early.

When "The Six Samurai - Zanji" (w/ another Six Samurai of another name face-up, etc.) attacks and destroys a "Mystic Tomato"...

A) "Mystic Tomato" goes to the graveyard as a result of battle and the appropriate player searches (if they choose)

B) "The Six Samuari - Zanji"'s effect activates destroying it via it's effect.

Reference text for Zanji:

"While you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, destroy any monster this card attacks at the end of the Damage Step."

-------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

"The Six Samurai - Zanji's" effect is not applied until the end of the Damage Step.

The "Mystic Tomato" destroyed by "The Six Samurai - Zanji" is sent to the graveyard before this occurs. The "Mystic Tomato's" effect activates.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:06 am
If my Macro Cosmos is activated on the field, would the Advanced Ritual Art fail because there are no monsters being sent to the graveyard?

STON-EN045
Advanced Ritual Art
"Select 1 Ritual Monster in your hand. Send Normal Monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard whose total Levels are equal to that Ritual Monster's. Ritual Summon a card with the name of the selected Ritual Monster from your hand."

Thanks, Mark Mendonca

-------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Sending the Normal Monster Cards to the Graveyard is not a cost, it is part of the effect. You can still activate "Advanced Ritual Art".

The Normal Monster Cards, in this situation, will simply be removed from play when sent to the Graveyard. The Ritual Monster will still be Ritual Summoned.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Dude

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:37 am
can destiny hero dashers effect be used if necrovally is active on the field?

---------------------------------------------------------
Answer:

From the FAQ:
""Necrovalley" will NOT negate effects that are activated when a card is sent TO the Graveyard or that activate IN the Graveyard or that count cards in the Graveyard."

The monster Special Summoning effect of "Destiny Hero - Dasher" activates in the Graveyard.

It doesn't target a card in the Graveyard nor does it try to remove a card(s) from the Graveyard.

It works just fine.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Destiny Hero - Rules Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:39 am
How would Advanced Ritual Art work with Samsara active on the field?

Thanks,

Tim Moore

---------------------------------------------
Answer:

"Samsara" says: "Monster Cards TRIBUTED for a Ritual Summon..."

"Advanced Ritual Art" says: "SEND Normal Monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard..."

"Advanced Ritual Art" makes no mention of the term "Tribute". It does not function with "Samsara".

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Advanced Ritual Dude

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:40 am
Suppose I have two "Six Samurai" monsters on the field and one is equipped with
"Legendary Ebon Steed." My opponent activates "Lightning Vortex" and asks
whether I want to respond. I say yes, and decide to protect the "Six Samurai"
monster that is not equipped by destroying the equipped one.

My question is, how would this resolve? Would "Legendary Ebon Steed" get
destroyed instead of the "Six Samurai" I was going to use to protect the other
one, thus leaving the two monsters on the field after "Lightning Vortex"
resolves? Or would the unequipped monster and "Legendary Ebon Steed" be
destroyed since the "Six Samurai" that I was going to sacrifice did not get
destroyed?

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------
Answer:

That plan does not work.

Your equipped "Six Samurai" is ALSO being destroyed by the very same "Lightning Vortex".

"Legendary Ebon Steed" will protect the equipped "Six Samurai" by destroying itself. The other face-up "Six Samurai" is destroyed.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Rules Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 am
"Neo-Spacian Glow Moss"

Question:

Looking at the rules, this one happened;

How would it resolve if "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss" attacked a "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss"?

#1 Who would draw the card(or cards)?
#2 Which effect would be link 1 or is this a case of "SEGOC"?

Thanks for the help.

Mike Butters
LV 2 Judge
LV 1 TO
LV 1PM

----------------------------------------------

Answer:

This would be handled according to the rules of SEGOC.

The turn player's "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss" would be placed on Chain Link 1. Their opponent's would be Chain Link 2.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Neo-Spacian Rules Dude

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:42 am
So taking this one step further, if I have two Legendary Ebon Steeds on one
Six Samurai, and another face up SIx Samurai, when Lightning Vortex goes
off, can I choose the equipped Six Samurai to be destroyed instead of my
unequipped, thus leaving them both on the field, and the two Ebon Steeds
being destroyed?

---------------------------------------------------
Answer:

That will also fail.

BOTH "Legendary Ebon Steed" will destroy themselves to protect the equipped "Six Samurai".

From the FAQ: "If multiple copies of “Legendary Ebon Steed” are equipped to the same “Six Samurai” monster and that monster would be destroyed, all of the “Legendary Ebon Steeds” are destroyed."

The end result is exactly the same as the previous entry.

Curtis Schultz
Official UDE Legendary Ebon Rules Steed

Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out