Reply ~ Feedable & Breedable Pet's Guild ~
What's in a name? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christina Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:34 pm
Why did you name your pets as you did? My pet's name is Rozairus after a very important person to me. I choose a unicorn becuase I think it suits the name as well. So why did you choose to name your pets as you did? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:59 pm
What IS in a name?
Well, I named my pet Missy Leeny, after myself, Linda.

I'm going to have to ask my parents about why they named me Linda, so I can't discuss that right now.
I can, however, discuss my username, "leftblue." Why did I name my avi that? What does it mean!?
WELL.
It means the blue to the left (of England, of course), the Atlantic Ocean. Well... I really didn't want the name to be westblue, so I stuck with left. ANYWAY. Why didn't I capitalize the name? Because, the "L" in "Atlantic" is lowercase.

Well... That's about all I've got to offer. Yeah, it's weird, but hey, I'm weird too!  

Daigurren Lagger

Newbie Noob

Christina Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:04 pm
no way, that's some great information! I was named after my grandmother "christine" but my parents liked Christina better smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 am
My Rosaline is the name I started using for pokemon on the Pokemon games. She tended to always be a Linoone. I usually ended up breeding her with a Linoone I called Gary. Since my pet is going to get married to a pet without the name Gary, if the son is a boy, it will be Gary since it's fun naming pokemon after the shows characters!~  

Sailor Mooo

Cherry_chain

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 am
Zephyr is named after a silver dragon from a role-play i did a long time ago ^^ It also means the west wind, and it suits me cause I "went west across the ocean" cause I'm from China so yeah...

And My username's Cherry_chain cause it both starts with 'ch' so it sounds nice together xd Not much of a reason, I know xp  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:22 am
Tokala is native american for fox  

Nami83

Kumagorokun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:39 am
Sailor Moo
My Rosaline is the name I started using for pokemon on the Pokemon games. She tended to always be a Linoone. I usually ended up breeding her with a Linoone I called Gary. Since my pet is going to get married to a pet without the name Gary, if the son is a boy, it will be Gary since it's fun naming pokemon after the shows characters!~

n_n My Kuro-Kuro is marrying Rosaline...YAY!!!

I named him because his name in Japanese roughly translated means "black black" a reference to yu yu hakusho...one of my favorite shows. Also Kuro-Kuro can be translated as "shadow shadow" (or shadow within a shadow) A reference to an episode of Naruto...another of my favorite shows. Kuro is also a common name for bad guys or quiet strong dark heroes in anime.

n_n heh *bows*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:59 pm
yup, I have to agree. I've studies Nihongo for a while and i can confirm it. I like the district name "Meguro" it means "black eye" and uses the same kanji as "kuro" (the kanji reads as both kuro and guro but I'm unsure of the onyomi readings.  

Christina Prince

Yuki of the Stars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:06 pm
I chose Artemis the Pheonix because the Pheonix just seem to be really pure, bright, and resorcefull. Artemis is the Greek Goddess of the hunt, and my own Goddess. Artemis is also the name of my Familier, a bright red cardnal I raised.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Christina Prince
yup, I have to agree. I've studies Nihongo for a while and i can confirm it. I like the district name "Meguro" it means "black eye" and uses the same kanji as "kuro" (the kanji reads as both kuro and guro but I'm unsure of the onyomi readings.
Heck yeah n_n i take monthly nihongo lessons in the mail. I even learned how to write my name in kanji.  

Kumagorokun

Christina Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:55 pm
the best way to learn though it to spend a lot of time actually in japan. I learned more in 4 months than I did studying it abroad for years.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:53 pm
How I names my pet, you ask? Let me tell you an informative story about this.

Back then, my username was, xXAndroidXx. I stumbled upon a F&B Pet upon the forums. I fed it and decided to get my own. I saved up 2.5K gold for a dragon.

Now, for the name. I thought of dragon names, but I decided to go with Pyroid. I was xXAndroidXx and dragons are most likely known to breathe fire, so the element was fire, or pyro.

Thus, it was Pyroid (Pyro + Android = Pyroid)  

Nero Lazer Android

floridaphoenix13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:13 pm
i named Kira because i read the name twice and i just love the name!!! 4laugh
though it does mean dark lady..... confused  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:37 pm
My pet is named after the Egyptian god of the dead... it would be more fitting if he were a jackal instead of a fox, but oh well.  

Carrion Kitten

Greedy Grabber

20,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

floridaphoenix13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:42 pm
Carrion Kitten
My pet is named after the Egyptian god of the dead... it would be more fitting if he were a jackal instead of a fox, but oh well.

i guess there are no fox egyptian gods...... bummer.......  
~ Feedable & Breedable Pet's Guild ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff