Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
xxxholic anime LISCENESED!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you happy about this?
  yes
  hell no!!
  um...I DONT KNOW!!!
View Results

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:13 pm
probably misslepped that >_<

http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9625

xxxholic is lisened...id anyone get the episdoe sub before it vanished??  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:39 pm
Lucky,

I put it all on dvd

But I still don't like it!!!!  

Roronoa_Yuna

WhitePhoenixRyoko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:43 pm
I swear, if they screw up Wata-chan's voice...*shakes fists*...you don't wanna know what'll happen...let's just say it'll be very...violent...and involve razer-sharp cheezegraters... twisted

WATA-CHAN'S VOICE ACTOR HAD BETTER BE AS GOOD AS JUN FUKUYAMA-SAN!!!!!!!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:48 pm
shhhh! ep 24: _xxxHOLiC_-_24_(final)[8777D55E].avi]http://dma.ee/[Mishicorp]_xxxHOLiC_-_24_(final)[8777D55E].avi  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

Calliope Della Corte

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:30 am
Can they legally do that without officially announcing that they have the license for it?

The subbed episodes on YouTube haven't been taken down yet. When they are, then I'll worry. Besides, I think they have to license seasons, and the first season just ended (24 was the last one. I wanted to cry when I found out.). Funimation makes me want to throw things, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:34 pm
youtube wont remove anything lisiened i think...they till have TRC s1 and loveless even tho theyre liseend  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

WhitePhoenixRyoko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:55 pm
crying Waaaah! Tsubasa isn't lisensed by FUNimation too, is it? If so, they'd BETTER not warp Fay into a girl...I'll really have to hurt them if they do... evil  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:28 pm
WhitePhoenixRyoko
crying Waaaah! Tsubasa isn't lisensed by FUNimation too, is it? If so, they'd BETTER not warp Fay into a girl...I'll really have to hurt them if they do... evil

only season 1 is.  

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:41 am
Duuuude. It took like... 48 hours after the sub was out for it to be liscensed? XD; Funimation, again? Darn.

Well, it says that it doesn't mean that they actually have the rights just yet... but still. :/
This explains why my torrent suddenly dropped off mid-way. o_O;
-mokona  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:45 pm
Um sorry for cutting in on your crying and sobbing again for xxx HOLiC after the devastation that was Tsubasa Season 1 but heres the one thing you've all missed.

FUNimation has sent out ONLY a C&D Letter asking groups to stop subbing xxx HOLiC or as it will be known as now here Holic, they have not ANNOUNCED that they've claimed the series. If you all (anyway, the ones from the Tsubasa guild) remember, FUNimation did the exact same thing with Tsubasa and they've failed to mention anything after that.

Here's a quote from Anime News Networks post about it.

"At this time we have not been able to receive an official comment from Funimation regarding these titles. In the past, when Funimation has sent out C&D letters, they have informed us that the letters did not necessarily mean that Funimation had acquired rights to the properties in question." - AnimeonDVD = source

FUNimation may have sent out a letter but because of a lack of official statement, we have no idea if the series is licensed yet. The situation is more that the series is in Dubbing LIMBO until we know for sure.

....oh and another thing, WHO THE HELL DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! THEY ALREADY HAVE LAID CLAIM TO THE MOVIE! YOU'D THINK THEY JUST LET THE TV SERIES PRANCE AWAY TO BE PICKED UP BY A GOOD COMPANY!

The only part that truly sucks about this all is that they sent the letter out before I could get the side story episode. At least most people got the "main" episodes.

Hey, you never know, they may actually dub HOLiC good.  

QUICKMAN
Crew

Roronoa_Yuna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:41 am
Quote:

Hey, you never know, they may actually dub HOLiC good.

Keep on dreaming they never ever made a good dub and even if it is a little bit good the original is always better!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:12 pm
You obviously missed the MAY in the sentence. What the heck are you thinking of me! FUNimation = good = apocalypse now!.

I still can't watch Negi's opening line in Negima because he sounds like a ten year old michael jackson!  

QUICKMAN
Crew

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 am
DUDE. WHAT THE FRICKIN'... *goes off to stab funimation again*
i knew i knew, that it was coming, but i didnt REALLY see it coming... does that make sense? >.< (not really.... ) i mean, i didnt seriously think it was gonna happen....arghh!! *stabby rip stab stab* its doomed, dammit! i know it is~! 's like tsubasa all over again.... gonk
i becha that they're gonna license it. i becha anything. crying damn you, funimation~!!!
-sakura  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:39 pm
I really hope that they dub the series well. They should at least do a good job of dubbing if they thought they could just go ahead and actually change the series name - now it may become more difficult for people to associate xxxHOLiC with HOLiC.  

[TOXiC apples]

SDLKGNSDLKGSJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:30 pm
Ach, Funimation fails...
There's no way it'll be good.  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items