Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just A Black Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 pm
siddog
im goin to florida look for me

Name, position, #? I'll watch you, maybe. =]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:39 pm
Ooo boy, High school football, that was ages ago.

I used to play for a single A division school, only 17 players on my team. It was Iron Man football at it's best. You didn't necessarily play the position you were best at, but where they needed to fill a spot with a body.

Me? I was a scrawny, 5'10" 160 lbs. Right guard and defensive nose guard. My coaches kept harrasing me about being to skinny and wanted me to put on more weight. I worked out all the time, but my metabolism was so high back then (God knows where it dissapeared to now) that no matter what I ate and how much I ate, I never put any weight on.

My best game was when they put me in as a defensive end for one game, the starting DE went down with an injury and they moved me over to end to fill the spot. With just one week to prepare at a new position I got 3 sacks, lord knows how many tackles, the second half they needed to double team me and run the ball the other way. But because of how few players we had, I was eventually moved back to Nose Guard, even though I showed I dominated at DE.

We went to the playoffs twice, loosing in the first round both times.

My senior year though I must have done something right because I had scouts from both UNR and CSUSJ inviting me to their universities and try out for their teams. But a terrible knee injury ruined my chances and ended what little chance I may have had for college ball.

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

KTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm
Highschool football, well let me think here my Highschool team sucked sweatdrop not winning a game in my Senior year.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm
Has anyone ever had to quit?

I had quit this season (my Junior year), for various reasons, and its a long list of why. I didn't quit because I suck (I don't suck but I'm not like an all star player we need every game to win) but its reasons at home. I might to back next year, it depends on if things work out, if I get a job, or if I commit myself to track over winter instead. Anyway, has anyone else quit for a season? If so, how do you get back in shape, how long does it take, and will the coaches be pissed off that I left? I mean, my head coach is a huge douche. I had to go to a driving class last year to get my permit, and he he just said "******** You" since I would be missing practice for it.

Anyway, advice in how to get back into it?
And if you have quit and you didn't come back, do you regret it? I know some older people that quit football to help family out in a hard time and he said he doesn't regret it even though he misses it.

Just A Black Cat

IxMC

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 pm
Umm lets see
Moore League
LbWilson
Southern California
Pac 5