Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YAY! Harper Lee

View Results

`Chloe Sullivan`

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:57 am
I personally love this book. I have only just recently picked it back up. I can't believe how much i forgot about the book. SO discuss this Classic. Who were your favorite characters? What are you thoughts on the outcome? What was your favorite part? have you seen the movie? What were your likes and dislikes? etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:23 pm
`Chloe Sullivan`
I personally love this book. I have only just recently picked it back up. I can't believe how much i forgot about the book. SO discuss this Classic. Who were your favorite characters? What are you thoughts on the outcome? What was your favorite part? have you seen the movie? What were your likes and dislikes? etc.

i haven't read it but want to maybe in a couple of years, i'm 12 and umm.. what i've heard it's not for my age group  

Urendell

emilia07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:22 am
I thought that when Scout finally met Boo, that was great. And it was so sad when she walked him back home.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:38 pm
I had to read it for English. We also watched the movie. I wasn't crazy about it, but it was kinda interesting.  

Trekkette

dianakitsune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:56 pm
Most require you to read it in 9th grade  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 am
I think I read that book for English class 3-4 years ago. I certainly forgot the plot. aw well sweatdrop  

fReAKy PnAy

Leavaros
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:27 am
Urendell
`Chloe Sullivan`

i haven't read it but want to maybe in a couple of years, i'm 12 and umm.. what i've heard it's not for my age group

Urendell,

Are you serious!?!

I pegged you as a 20 year old, at least. Geez, was I wrong this time. sweatdrop

Anyway, I liked the book--funny considering I don't really like the setting or the time period, but I guess that just speaks for Lee's ability as a writer.

Vale,
-LD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:41 pm
I just recently read this book. Thought it was just a novel just about racisim...it is about so much more! Blew me away! I have never seen the movie. Loved that it was from Scout's POV, her relationship with her brother, her dad and that sassy house keeper who loved her and Scout was such a typical kid not realizing it. Loved the spooky neighbor...You see shades of this in things like Monster House...The neighbor who everyone is terrified of, the kids are all sure an Ax murderer live there, and it turns out to be this poor guy who is terrified of leaving his home. This book was about an era that will never return...in some ways that is sad (how many kids get to play in their neighbors yard? I don't even know my neighbors!)

In 9th grade we read we read Fire Starter. I like Stephen King, but compared with the texture and interest in Mockingbird, there is NO comparison.  

Isoellen

Leavaros
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:06 pm
Isoellen
I just recently read this book. Thought it was just a novel just about racisim...it is about so much more! Blew me away! I have never seen the movie. Loved that it was from Scout's POV, her relationship with her brother, her dad and that sassy house keeper who loved her and Scout was such a typical kid not realizing it. Loved the spooky neighbor...You see shades of this in things like Monster House...The neighbor who everyone is terrified of, the kids are all sure an Ax murderer live there, and it turns out to be this poor guy who is terrified of leaving his home. This book was about an era that will never return...in some ways that is sad (how many kids get to play in their neighbors yard? I don't even know my neighbors!)

In 9th grade we read we read Fire Starter. I like Stephen King, but compared with the texture and interest in Mockingbird, there is NO comparison.

I'd take abandonment from my neighbors over racism any day.
-LD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:35 pm
Oh my god I LOVED that book! We read it in grade 9 and it's now one of my favorite books of all time. heart I was so sad when half our class didn't even finish it... crying  

portofships

WhiteStream

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:48 pm
I read it a long time ago, but I actually remember it pretty well! Great book! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:13 pm
I wept when I finished it, right in the middle of my Journalism class last year. I was so touched when the entire novel came together simply from Boo doing what he did. Overall, I think that it has certainly earned it's title as a classic.  

Think_Ink

MinervaTheBibliophile

Dedicated Loiterer

7,550 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:41 pm
Uh, I'd hate to be the hair on everyone's slice of pizza, but I didn't really like it. It was boring. Although I must admit, if there was anything I liked, it was Scout. Out of all the tom girls I've met in my life, she's my all time favorite.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:16 pm
Oh my goodness, To Kill A Mockingbird is definitely one of my favorite stories.
I had to read it in 10th grade, actually, and I loved it. Actually rented the movie, watched it like five times, then watched the movie in class. It was amazing.
Boo is by far my favorite. Though Scout is a close second. The ending when she walked him back home was so sad... I would have cried had it not been in class that I finished the book.

blackfadedvelvet

Dapper Gekko

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

burntsunshine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:08 pm
I hate this book. Just everything about it was awful. burning_eyes Sorry!  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff