Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
New Members: Introduce yourselves! (POST INTROS *HERE*) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:47 am
SeungJin_Sun

Any other comments?: I am a transsexual male, Deal with it biggrin

Why don't yo like being a man? cry  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:28 am
Name: Zach

Planet: Not quite sure sometimes...

Pets: None

Real Languages Spoken: English and French, but studying Finnish and Anglo-Saxon for kicks.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I started when I was 14. My understanding of linguistics has widened quite a bit since then. I think I've become a better conlanger, but guidance and help is always welcomed and appreciated!

Any other comments?: I am going to major in French to be a teacher.  

Carwyn Idris

Trey Shen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 pm
Name: Trey (last name unavailable)

Pet(s): a guinea pig

Planet: Earth (physically not always mentally)

Activities: Acrobatics, Parkour, Free-running, Diving, Robotics, Linguistics

Real Spoken Language(s): English, Chinese (Mandarin), German, anything else I can get my mind to focus on lol

Conlangs Spoken: my brothers annoying Tokeil Maenicunei, three out of my twenty three conlangs fluently.

Random: I am obsessed with making new worlds and languages for the random cultures I make, and I am obsessed with Robots, and I am obsessed with Acrobatic stunts that most people tell me are impossible (HA!)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:14 pm
Name: Atrum
Languages spoken: English.
Languages I've made failed attempts to learn: Chinese, Esperanto (I haven't really given up on Esperanto, though)
Languages I'd like to learn: French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese.
Affiliation with conlags? Generally speaking, I like to make things. So, naturally, conlaging interested me. I'm currently sort-of-working on what will be my first conlag, if I get it to the point where it can actually function as a language.
Other: I'm not really on Gaia much lately, so don't be surprised if you don't see a lot of me around here real quick.

Also, my brain starts to melt when thinking about phonetics/phonology. So, please take pity on me if I ask any of you stupid questions regarding such. sweatdrop  

Atrum Faustus

[neon.zombie]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:23 am
Name: Luana (or [neon.zombie])
Languages spoken: English, fairly proficient in German, learning Finnish
Languages I'm learning: German, Finnish
Languages I'd like to learn: Japanese, Armenian, Arabic, Swedish, Korean, Samoan... I have quite the list.
Affiliation with conlags? I've dabbled in conlangs in the past, but I really haven't given them the attention they probably deserve. However, I have a love of languages, and I think conlanging could really help me in terms of learning and understanding more about natlangs. Plus, it's a pretty impressive thing to put on your CV, that you have your own language. biggrin
Other: I'm a (somewhat) writer, so I'll probably accompany any conlanging with some worldbuilding as well. Got any tips, questions, comments or violent reactions, just drop me a PM. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:52 am
Name: Rhian
Pets: One dog, three cats and two rabbits.
Real Languages Spoken: Welsh and English. Started to learn Japanese at one point, but I dropped it. Currently learning Cornish, going to learn Irish and/or Breton next year in Uni ^__^
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: When I was young I remember I made a conlang for a race I made up, but then I dropped it cause I figured I should learn a natlang instead. I started a conlang called Shishalieg, and I just realised I accidentally deleted the folder I had with all the conlang stuff in XD so now I guess I'll start again XD
Any other comments?: OH GOD WHY DID I DELETE EVERYTHING X.X

Daionii

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm
Daionii
Name: Rhian
Pets: One dog, three cats and two rabbits.
Real Languages Spoken: Welsh and English. Started to learn Japanese at one point, but I dropped it. Currently learning Cornish, going to learn Irish and/or Breton next year in Uni ^__^
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: When I was young I remember I made a conlang for a race I made up, but then I dropped it cause I figured I should learn a natlang instead. I started a conlang called Shishalieg, and I just realised I accidentally deleted the folder I had with all the conlang stuff in XD so now I guess I'll start again XD
Any other comments?: OH GOD WHY DID I DELETE EVERYTHING X.X

D: Oh noes! I hope you get it all fixed up and shiny.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 pm
Name: My username is "Woglinde", but I go by "Kissaki". (Woglinde is fine too.) I'm just too lazy to change my username. ninja

Planet: Oceanus/Gaia ("Oceanus seems so much more suitable a name for the "Blue Planet" eh?)

Real Languages Spoken: Native tongue is English, but have been self-tutoring in Japanese, Latin, and Modern Greek.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I don't have a name for it yet, but my conlang is a 31 letter alphabet based on the spoken English language, (Includes the letters as well as some common letter combonations.) and a simple numeric system. It's basically just a glorified code.

Any other comments?: I like:
Martial arts, linguistics, drawing, archery, the babes, sleeping, eating, Greco/Roman culture, anime, etc.  

Woglinde

Rhine Elmao

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 pm
Name: D-Money

Planet: Meridia

Pets: 3 cats - Blaze, Shiara and Kumiko/Svetlana/Cracker Jack/Tiny Cat

Real Languages Spoken: English, some Japanese

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I've been conlanging since before I even realised what it was. At one point when I was about 13 or so I found this here page, and absolutely fell in love with the idea. However, with my limited linguistic knowledge at the time, I had no idea where to begin, and after several failed attempts I sort of gave up on it. I have often haphazardly made up languages for stories as I go along, but without paying them much attention, their syntax tends to end up very English-like, or completely nonsensical. However, since my first stabs at it, I now have 2 years of a linguistics major under my belt, and I think I'm ready to start afresh.

Any other comments?:
- Me and agglutinating languages have a love/hate relationship, but morphology is heart . Vowel harmony is made of win.
- This username is based off a character of mine, who speaks one of the aforementioned haphazard conlangs.
- I'm in my fifth semester of Japanese, and will be adding a Japanese major to double. The study of Japanese has made me realize how connected language is to culture, so I think in order for me to develop a successful conlang, I'll have to create a rich culture first.
- I should be working on my NaNoWriMo novel right now but I'm a lazy bum...

Some samples of my laughably bad haphazard "conlangs":

Mana
"Mag-on Dan eta." - I'm the manager.
"Ben! Ran eket. Is den-on branz eta. Branz-on Dan se-tem. Bran-on Ran za-redn. I-se-oz Dan parn." - Good! You listen. There have been fights here. I don't like that. You need to stop them. If not, I leave.
"Is-on bran eta?" - There was a fight?
"Men-bran-on Ran e-Dan diz-sa." - Please tell me about the fight.
"Sok bos. Pasen e-manin-on bos gen. Is-on benin ent. Benin-on bos redn. Bos-benin kanu gak branu." - That boy, he was greeting the fairies, when that man came in. The boy stopped the man. They argued, then fought.
“Sok bos vek aki sho?" - The boy with the red hair?
"“Mat! Mat! Fin-on Dan se-eta! Men de-bran-on Dan e-Ran za-diz!” - Wait, wait! I'm not done! I have to tell you more about it!

Taeor - random words strung together, just about; from my NaNo
"Derg Ka" - Quiet!
"Fewa ju mas Ka Ko jey mef Ka" - The season is changing! We need to move!
"Riu Garly fanak Wev? Yuny naw ke ta?" - Riu and Garly, are you all right? Did they hurt you?

Unnamed Language - the culture for this one is much more developed than the language
benamo - a respected, usually older person, shortened to "-be"; suffixes are often put on names, based on what one would address them as
herinas (-he) - comrade, approximately; typically used for co-workers and the like
kidare (-ki) - friend, companion
suti (-su) - child, baby
sorijes (-so) - darling, sweetheart
ja- - a prefix indicating first-person possession; e.g. ja-suti (my child)
ge- - a prefix implying possesion (2nd person); e.g. ge-kidare (your friend)
"Ase, ja-sorijes, mos-ase." - Hush, my darling, please hush.

Aaaand... Thats about as much as I've ever accomplished, and probably much more than you wanted to know. xd Someday I'll do better. Nice to meet everyone!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:49 am
Name: Smiley, I won't say my first name whee yes that is my real last name
Planet: Earth, just until the Incubi/Succubi find a new planet
Pets: Two dogs, one very annoying cat
Real Languages Spoken: Fluent English (I would hope >.< ) Okay Spanish, learning Gaelic, wants to learn Latin

Affiliation with conlangs: Well, I've done it for as long as I can remember, but my problem is that I never write anything down. I have this awesome idea for a daemonic language used by the Incubi/Succubi. sweatdrop unfortunately, it's a really complicated language and it's gonna take a long time to hash out. On the bright side, it's really poetic mrgreen

Other Commets: I suffer from Grammar-Nazism, and I like it biggrin Other than that, nothing else.  

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:17 pm
Name: Alex

Planet: I travel back and forth through various ones....

Pets: A German-Shepard mix by the name of Ginger

Real Languages Spoken: English, some French, and a little bit of German and Spanish

Langauges I'm Learning: French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese

Langauges I'd like to Learn: Hindi, Hungarian, Finnish, Korean, Russian, Greek

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: Recently discovered them, working on one right now but need some help so I don't make up some nonsensical mess.

Any other comments?: The biggest mystery surrounding me is if I'm sane or not, and how the hell I ended up being German-Swedish-Russian-Hungarian-Syrian-Distantly Mongolian. stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:33 am
Welcome, new members! We are really needing movement around here. 3nodding  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

arenwaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Hello! I'm Alex. I'm 19 years old and I speak English and Swedish fluently. I'm relearning French and I'm starting Mandarin Chinese at university in spring. I have no pets, but my family on the country side has a couple of cats, does that count?

So conlangs...I don't really have a conlang; only some phonology for it, but that's about it. I don't think I'll ever finish it. =) I'm probably going to get bored of this place quite soon (although I really like it here, no offense), so don't bother making friends with me, unless you want someone to chat with in general. I'm really nice, only very dynamic! PM me! =D

See you around!

/Alex the man  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Name: Aj is prefered, seeing as absolutely no one can remember my actual name only contains one 'a', not two (even my own friends!)

Age: Depends. No kidding, it seriously does. But, as of the minute this was typed up, I am 17 years, 2 months, 27 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes.

Current languages spoken: English is my only fluent language

Current languages understood when hearing/reading: Spanish decently, English fluently, French very basically

Languages being learned: French, Spanish

Affiliation with conlangs: Currently trying to work out the details of how to construct them. Never made one before and am hoping to correct that post haste.

Extras!

Pets: 3 dogs

Pet Peeves: little noises like scratching and chewing in the middle of the night (comes from a past with mice)

Quirks: Kleptomaniacal tendancies and proud of it! (only from mis amigos though.)

Final notes:

I have always found the daring books for girls and boys very insulting. Where the boys get to learn wonderful things like catching bugs, finding constellations, creating secret codes, tying knots, and making and following maps (all of which I, despite being a female, can do more than well) whereas the girls are expected to learn how to put on make-up, grow things, sew clothing, and clean (none of which I seem to be able to grasp decently.)  

gal_girl_99

Rabid Chocolate Chip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 am
Name: Uhh...Sumner.That's what I go by on the interwebs.
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care...too much.
Languages spoken fluently: English
Languages I can understand the very basics of: German, ASL (gonna learn more...eventually.)
Languages I know just enough to insult people in: Japanese, Irish Gaelic, Yiddish
Languages I know a few words in and really want to learn more of: Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Latin, Cherokee
Languages I know nothing of but want to learn: Welsh
Pets: My boyfriend.
Affiliation with Conlangs: I've always been interested in languages; I started creating codes when I was about 11, and I started my first conlang about three years ago--I've since misplaced the notebook in which I started it. scream I've also made a script based on Arabic, but don't think that it will tie in well with a language. Dunno yet. biggrin
Other Comments: I used to be in this guild with another account....But for the life of me, I don't know which account it was!  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff