My thorey on Earth and the Universe((Please read)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:50 pm
Well.
To first start off we all know humans been around for longer then 5000.
But God didnt Create man,he created the process of elovoution and process of nature.
God is all around in the plants,god made the big bang.
Hell is at the center of the earth,and heaven is in space,I think when we die the heaven god is talken bout is roaming the galaxies and planets free.

Please its only a thorey,I gonothing against the church and nothing against anyones beleaves.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:32 pm
But wait, assuming that you're a christian, don't you believe that the Bible is true? That it is the word of God? If so, then how can you come up with your own theories, when in fact God already made up the rules and told you them in his book?  

christian chick

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:37 pm
Have you ever heard of sing song?
I am very religious.
I am just saying there is evdidence that earth is way older then the bible says.
God gave us minds,we should use them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:41 pm
LRD_nick
I am very religious.
I am just saying there is evdidence that earth is way older then the bible says.

and where does the Bible say how old the earth is? No, I have not heard of sing song.  

christian chick

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:47 pm
dude, think of it this way...dinosaurs were around millions of years right? well God himself said our time is nto his time..those 7 days HIS time, could be 30 million years in our time. Just as 2000 years for us could only be 2 minutes for God. Also, it says that the streets are paved with Gold..so let me get this straight...the universe has streets through out the stars that are paved with gold...SWEET!!!...uh...no lol, sorry bro, i'm not trying to be mean, just giving ya sumthing to think about...^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:49 am
LRD_nick
Well.
To first start off we all know humans been around for longer then 5000.
But God didnt Create man,he created the process of elovoution and process of nature.
God is all around in the plants,god made the big bang.
Hell is at the center of the earth,and heaven is in space,I think when we die the heaven god is talken bout is roaming the galaxies and planets free.

Please its only a thorey,I gonothing against the church and nothing against anyones beleaves.

1 Gen: 27 God created MAN in His own image, in the image of God He created him...

God created man from dust of the ground.....ground that HE made.

Evolution= mankind's theory of how we are created (we didn't come from apes. we came from dust)

be careful not to mix up mankind's ideas with what is said DIRECTLY in the bible.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:42 am
christian chick
LRD_nick
I am very religious.

and where does the Bible say how old the earth is? No, I have not heard of sing song.
Sing song is old,when people first started coming after adam and eve.
People would sing,because they couldnt write.
Now when my grandfather told me bout this,he used a example,its like.
Ok David was a man he slayed 5 men trying to kill people in his village,then that person sometime went to another viallge 5 people turned to 50 people,the 500.
Now the bible wasnt writen til about when people could start writing the storys changed over about thousands of year.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:55 am
Oh, for the love of... I give up. We've already got a thread to discuss evolution in the debate forum, where debate belongs. It's here, in case anyone cares. Just bear in mind that I may have to move this thread to the debate sub-forum.

As for me, well, I'll just provide another link, in case anyone's curious. I think it's rather apropos to this thread, and especially to christian chick's first response.  

Tarrou

MISERY in pure bliss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am
You know why the earth is older than 5000 yrs? In the Bible it says that (about) a thousand years is like a minute to God!! (it doesn't come right out and say it of course, but it's been interpreted) So if it's going to be say a thousand years God's time for him to come back, then that makes it a way longer time here!! In the Bible it says that it took Him a day for Him to create the Earth, and according to all that research scientists did, it took like a million (guesstimate) yrs our time for it to be created, so there you go--a million yrs our time and a day of His. Anwsers your question. The End. Oh and btw-- GOD DID NOT BEGIN EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! He created man from the dust of the Earth---and if you beleive in Evolution, then why aren't there monkeys still evolving into humans?! Theory disproved. There you go.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:24 pm
Now wait just a minute, golden_asuka. About your succinct disproving of evolutionary theory. If it was that simple, we would have been done with this arguement decades ago. Obviously it's not. Now, there's a theory out there, we learned about it in my biology class, that says that all life was originaly formed from nonorganic material. Like, for example, dust. From dust to single celled life. From there, reptiles, birds, mammals. Monkeys. Humans. Thus, if you follow the chain back far enough, you get dirt. Now, let's go to the bible. Start with Genesis 1:26-28. God creates people. Note the lack of reference to dust/dirt. These people, strictly scripture-wise were 0% dust. File that one away for later parts of this arguement. Then, skip ahead toGenesis 2:5-7. After the creation is FINISHED. This is where God goes back and makes ONE MAN out of dust, and later(Genesis 2:21-22) creates ONE WOMAN from the man. Thus, in the bible, there are only five peolple directly descended from the dirt. In case you are wondering, that would be Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, and Seth. Cain and Seth, the surviving sons get themselves wives. Now, since the only woman directly created from the dust is Eve (and only because her husband was from the dust), these wives must be from the first batch of humans--the ones not made from dust. So, every human after that is only, at best, part dust, and some would be 0% dust--unless you look at the science that says that everyone comes from inorganic material. Now, since God says later that mankind was born of dust (I don't remember where the passage was), that actually argues FOR evolution, rather than against it.  

torrinne

MISERY in pure bliss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:08 pm
What kind of school do you go to? (just curious, nothing to do with the subject) and as for the dust thing going with evolution, I don't see how that would go with evolution, myself. Also, IMO and in others at the Baptist church I attend, it looks to me like they were just overviewing what the had just said; elaborating; telling us how it had happened. And since when do Cain and Abel come from the dust? It says in Genesis 4 " Adam made love to his wife Eve and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain (NIV)" That doesn't sound like they came from the dust to me. And who's to say that God didn't put Cain's wife there--He's God--He can do anything (IMO)!! Personally, I don't beleive in alot of the stuff science says, because I happen to think alot of it's a load of crap-- but to each his own. You beleive what you want, and I'll beleive what I want. Now I'm sorry I was so... for lack of a better word blunt. I have a quick temper, and in that anger, I may not have explained my beleifs very well... So sorry to have offended you...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:50 pm
Let me ask you this.
As the story david and glaia,glaia is a gianent,now thats after thousands of years of tellen,but the story story is he was a large man,mucsle,and well trained.
And he hit him with a stone,killing him.

There it is again,sing song.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:56 pm
And to let everyone know,I do beleave in god and a christ.
But so do scienctist like albert enistien,the guy with the werid hair.
He was jewish and he found out a lot of things bout life.
So I am not goin against any teachings I am just curious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:58 pm
torrinne
Now wait just a minute, golden_asuka. About your succinct disproving of evolutionary theory. If it was that simple, we would have been done with this arguement decades ago. Obviously it's not. Now, there's a theory out there, we learned about it in my biology class, that says that all life was originaly formed from nonorganic material. Like, for example, dust. From dust to single celled life. From there, reptiles, birds, mammals. Monkeys. Humans. Thus, if you follow the chain back far enough, you get dirt. Now, let's go to the bible. Start with Genesis 1:26-28. God creates people. Note the lack of reference to dust/dirt. These people, strictly scripture-wise were 0% dust. File that one away for later parts of this arguement. Then, skip ahead toGenesis 2:5-7. After the creation is FINISHED. This is where God goes back and makes ONE MAN out of dust, and later(Genesis 2:21-22) creates ONE WOMAN from the man. Thus, in the bible, there are only five peolple directly descended from the dirt. In case you are wondering, that would be Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, and Seth. Cain and Seth, the surviving sons get themselves wives. Now, since the only woman directly created from the dust is Eve (and only because her husband was from the dust), these wives must be from the first batch of humans--the ones not made from dust. So, every human after that is only, at best, part dust, and some would be 0% dust--unless you look at the science that says that everyone comes from inorganic material. Now, since God says later that mankind was born of dust (I don't remember where the passage was), that actually argues FOR evolution, rather than against it.

depending on what bible version you read, the very verses you showed is a completely "summary" of what God created. in my NASB the summary of all Gods creations is the first chapter, THEN chapter 2 is the "detail" of HOW everything was created....including man.

your verse of 26-30 in chapter 1.....the "man" should be taken as "mankind". Adam and Eve were the very first human beings created from dust of the earth NOT apes. if God created man from apes, the bible would have said so. but nope, adam and eve were created from dust.

and WE descend from adam and eve we ALL descend from adam and eve, meaning we were also "in a sense" created from dust. not apes.

is god an ape? no. and god created man in HIS image, not an apes image. and we already have a description of what god looks like stated in revelations, and i can tell you for sure...god isnt an ape.

Evolution is quite a silly "theory". and yes as was brought up earlier, if we descended from apes why arent apes today evolving into humans?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MISERY in pure bliss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:08 am
SaintXenos
torrinne

depending on what bible version you read, the very verses you showed is a completely "summary" of what God created. in my NASB the summary of all Gods creations is the first chapter, THEN chapter 2 is the "detail" of HOW everything was created....including man.

your verse of 26-30 in chapter 1.....the "man" should be taken as "mankind". Adam and Eve were the very first human beings created from dust of the earth NOT apes. if God created man from apes, the bible would have said so. but nope, adam and eve were created from dust.

and WE descend from adam and eve we ALL descend from adam and eve, meaning we were also "in a sense" created from dust. not apes.

is god an ape? no. and god created man in HIS image, not an apes image. and we already have a description of what god looks like stated in revelations, and i can tell you for sure...god isnt an ape.

Evolution is quite a silly "theory". and yes as was brought up earlier, if we descended from apes why arent apes today evolving into humans?

That is exactly what I was trying to say, SaintXenos! You took the words right out of my mouth!! That was awesome-- oh and just so you know, LRD_Nick, there are these places on your body called pressure points, such as your temples and the spot in between your thumb and index finger and you can die by just being hit in those places hard enough, so that just proves that David could have killed Goliath. If he had the strength to throw it hard enough and hit him in a pressure point, then he could have very well killed him. And that is science, so some of you people who beleive in the big bang and all that other scientific nonsense (in my opinion it is, anyway), then you can beleive that he may have been hit at that spot, just like if a baby is hit hard enough on the "soft spot" on it's head, it could suffer from brain damage or very possibly die.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff